Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Karyst performance ?

Dark5eiD

Question

Why does the Karyst perform so well ? i mean the stats are less than impressive when you look at them. i realize its toxin , but the status chance is negligible and same with the crit chance. i only started using this as it was my best choice for daggers to use covert lethality with ash's fatal teleport ( which is sooo much fun by the way ). so i played some missions ranging lvl 40-60 mostly grineer and some corpus / void and i got into situations where i had to melee. i was one to two hitting almost everything and i did not put any thought on the  build on this thing. i mean i can forma this and make it way better, but i cant understand how its slicing through enemies soo easily with little dmg , status and crit chance ? i must be missing something ?

my build i was using ( which is literally not good and i know )

pointed wind

fever strike, virulent scourge, focus energy, pressure point, fury, covert lethality, lift strike.

KC7afhD.jpg

So what am i missing Tenno ? why is this doing so well ?

6 answers to this question

Covert Lethality

If you stealth kill an unaware enemy, it is an instakill.

Covert Lethality also gives a +100 damage at max rank. That mod single handedly makes daggers viable.

Edited by TheStag

1 minute ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Because Covert Lethality pretty much triples your damage on normal attacks.
Its damage bonus is additive though, so it works best on the quicker daggers with less damage.

i thought it only triples if you are undetected ? or maybe the mod is not working correctly atm ?

Just now, Lord_Impaler said:

i thought it only triples if you are undetected ? or maybe the mod is not working correctly atm ?

The mod adds 100+ damage on normal hits, and guarantees kills on stealth finishers. 
You... read the mod description, right?

7 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

The mod adds 100+ damage on normal hits, and guarantees kills on stealth finishers. 
You... read the mod description, right?

tbh.. not extensively until now. i basically understood it to be a guarantee finsher when undetected. weird how it adds dmg to basic melee attacks but it is only additive to elemental. i am going to put some forma on this thing , primed reach and a bunch of elemental dmg...

Thanks Cyborg-Rox and TheStag

Edited by Lord_Impaler