Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Button Combinations

ReiganCross

Here's a few possible button combinations in case you guys are feeling that the only way to do combos is by adding more buttons. Or maybe you just want to add more functions to the game. Just take a look, it might inspire some ideas.

Crouched > Melee = Kicking or Low Strikes

Crouched > Charge Melee = Uppercut

Charge Melee > Jump = Jump strike (Shoryuken!)

Charge Melee > Crouch = Slam (Jump attack, but without the jumping!)

Charge Melee > Dodge(Shift) = Dash attack (In the direction of the dodge)

Blocking > Melee = Counter Attack

Blocking > Dodge(Shift) = Sidestep (Like a dodge, but faster and shorter. Shouldn't cancel Block)

Jumping > Melee = Regular strike (Ok, this is more of a request then an idea.)

Jumping > Charge Melee = Jump attack (Like it works currently)

Scope > Melee = Trust attack (longer reach)

Scope > Charge Melee = Lunge attack

Sprint > Melee = Dash attack

(Almost Forgot)

Jumping > Dodge(Shift) = Summersault (Yes, make us do summersaults in the air instead of air slides!)

Offcurse it goes beyond melee combinations, here are some weapon combinations that could work too.

Hold Reload = Shoulder Weapon (Like Heavy Weapon.), Change weapon mode (Burst Fire/Semi Auto)

Scope > Swap Weapons = Zoom Modes

Mouse Wheel = Swap Ammunition Type (Armor piercing, Incendiary, Explosive...)

Yeah, not much to do for weapons since you need the whole thing to keep moving. It also doesn't help that i'm running out of ideas. But anyways, check it out, see if you like. And if possible guys, foward this to the DE staff anytime they complain about not having enough buttons to do combos in our beautiful game!

This is Reigan, heading for extraction.

Edited by ReiganCross

Totally for this. More options in combat = more FUN! 

Also, if the physics were there, uppercutting an ancient or a grineer heavy gunner would be ULTIMATELY satisfying :D

Also also, the special dodge move would be awesome if it was some sort of instantaneous "ninja step" type move to dodge bullets as well...

Edited by SonofRobin73

The controls right now are good i think.. at first if u remember they were kinda hard to learn.. these seems kinda extreme.. like mortal combat, even today i still dont understand all the crazy &#! combos hahah :)

good idea though, if it was simplified i could dig it..

I'd like melee to be more than just charge and regular attacks, I love this idea. 

If they implemented this i'd also love to see ways this could be used to hit weak spots on units, like they would add more weak spots so you would have to sneak through hitting certain units certain ways if you wanted.

The controls right now are good i think.. at first if u remember they were kinda hard to learn.. these seems kinda extreme.. like mortal combat, even today i still dont understand all the crazy &#! combos hahah :)

good idea though, if it was simplified i could dig it..

I tried to make this as intuitive as possible but i might have put some learned biases into it, like the crouching leading to an uppercut mortal kombat style.

What else did you though would be too complicated?

If they do something like this i rly hope they change the recovery time of all of the actions. I dont think a ninja would take 5 seconds to get off the ground when he gets knocked and rly dont think a ninja would take 4 seconds to peform and exacute. The meelee gameplay is so clunky and unappealing. Id rather go all out meelee but this game is pretty much meant for shooting only thus far. i love DE and im sure they will fix this or just make other stuff thatll make me lov ethis game even more.

If they do something like this i rly hope they change the recovery time of all of the actions. I dont think a ninja would take 5 seconds to get off the ground when he gets knocked and rly dont think a ninja would take 4 seconds to peform and exacute. The meelee gameplay is so clunky and unappealing. Id rather go all out meelee but this game is pretty much meant for shooting only thus far. i love DE and im sure they will fix this or just make other stuff thatll make me lov ethis game even more.

Wouldn't all those diferent actions warrant a more profound and deep dynamic for melee combat? They could add enemies that can only take trusting damage (And then they call all Armor Piercing weaponry as trusting.) Or maybe they can add really fast enemies that you have to dash strike because if you get too close they will jump back (And they could also dodge bullets!)

This idea just adds more dynamism to Melee combat... Not to mention other things. And all of that was done without adding a single button!

Console players will cry.

Yes, and we have some wierd controller acrobatics already, like the Block Sprint... But hey, most of those acrobatics are no more then 2 buttons, not like Slide where you have to Sprint, Crouch and then Strike (3 buttons).

I tried to keep it simple, but how could it be even simpler?

Yes, and we have some wierd controller acrobatics already, like the Block Sprint... But hey, most of those acrobatics are no more then 2 buttons, not like Slide where you have to Sprint, Crouch and then Strike (3 buttons).

I tried to keep it simple, but how could it be even simpler?

Rly i dont care about console players, so i like your idea and more complicated it will be - more i will like it.

Rly i dont care about console players, so i like your idea and more complicated it will be - more i will like it.

Well, more complication means only more complexity. Complexity is a barrier for more Depth. people must be able to easely integrate the complexity into the game to sort of transform the information intuitively into new and more awesome commands. Essentially what i'v done is that "If you keep pressing random buttons and press E with them, you'll do melee diferently." or "If you want to dodge or move fast, you press or hold Shift to various effects."