The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector 2.0 Ideas!

(XBOX)BroadsideMobsta

The previous Dark Sector thread has been locked so we can no longer post on it, lets re open our conversations about possible ideas for Dark Sectors on this thread! While the original version of Dark Sectors had its ups and downs, it was still a great game mode that many players enjoyed due to the competitive aspect it brought, I, personally, would have no problem with them coming back to the game as they were but I know many disagree, so let's keep brainstorming ideas as a community!

Edited by (XB1)BroadsideMobsta

16 hours ago, (XB1)BroadsideMobsta said:

The previous Dark Sector thread has been locked so we can no longer post on it, lets re open our conversations about possible ideas for Dark Sectors on this thread! While the original version of Dark Sectors had its ups and downs, it was still a great game mode that many players enjoyed due to the competitive aspect it brought, I, personally, would have no problem with them coming back to the game as they were but I know many disagree, so let's keep brainstorming ideas as a community!

Must have no connection with any PvE part of the game. None at all.

And thats how you get a empty gamemode. Because players dont come for a "control based pvp", they come for the coop warframe offers.

If its slightly connected to PvE in any way, its gonna be a cancer that needs to be ripped as soon as possible.

17 hours ago, (XB1)BroadsideMobsta said:

You can brainstorm all you want, Dark Sector "2.0" will be pure PVE. Everybody who enjoyed basically the only new and exciting thing that Warframe brought to the table, namely DS PVP, grieved its loss and moved on. You can stay for the PVE or the lackluster PVP in the Conclave, but DS PVP passed on and warframe is worse for it... *Starts crying*

2 hours ago, Vengeful99 said:

You can brainstorm all you want, Dark Sector "2.0" will be pure PVE. Everybody who enjoyed basically the only new and exciting thing that Warframe brought to the table, namely DS PVP, grieved its loss and moved on. You can stay for the PVE or the lackluster PVP in the Conclave, but DS PVP passed on and warframe is worse for it... *Starts crying*

Wf survived for ages before ds was even thought of, it will survive without it

10 hours ago, HoakinBlackforge said:

And thats how you get a empty gamemode. Because players dont come for a "control based pvp", they come for the coop warframe offers.

If its slightly connected to PvE in any way, its gonna be a cancer that needs to be ripped as soon as possible.

I would love to see a purely PVP DS mode. We've all been waiting for its return hoping for it to still be PVP focused, and me along with many others still play the game and manage clans just for the hope that they will return in a competitive PVP style like they were. I'd be okay with there being a little pve, but only if it's similar to how it was with specters. It was still PVP focused and thats what made it great! Knowing you were fighting other players to gain control of a node was a great thing to do, the clan and alliances had purpose and thats what made the game. Being able to be in a hyped up, and focused clan and alliance chat before/during/after a rail conflict made Warframe a great experience. I think if the devs build off of what they originally had and just fixed the bugs and exploits they would be fine

17 hours ago, HoakinBlackforge said:

It`s funny how you basically live on the PVP section of the forum instead of playing your PvE. You are a sad little troll under a bridge trying to smear good ideas with your filth. I thing you got destroyed in DS conflicts so bad that your scrub mind became traumatized.

Aren`t you tired of pushing the same laughable ideas? Do you speak for all players? How the hell do you know what the playerbase - in it`s entirety! - does or does not want. The way i see it, for every little child throwing an anti DS PVP tantrum there are 3 players who want the mode back.

PVE and PVP go hand in hand, at least in good games, that is. You should be able to avoid PVP, which was the case with DS conflicts, but still be tied to the game world as to not feel artificial and just something thrown in there.

You want an empty game, not just an empty game mode? Keep things as they are: same repetitive PVE completely divorced from any sort of competitive PVP. Also the Conclave is a bust due to lack of development - just a couple of maps, abilities that never worked right etc. - and a weird general direction it took with 2.0 that never really went anywhere.

Despite its flaws Solar Rail PVP was NEVER and empty game mode. You probably were really bad at it and, as a defense mechanism, you retreated in a delusion where everyone agreed with you.

17 hours ago, HoakinBlackforge said:

I'm not sure you understand the definition of cooperative. When you battle on rail you have to run it with a squad to maximize effectiveness

In a alliance you have to fight alongside thousands. You have to taxi to those rails. You have guys who train clan members to be most effective on rails and once again you squad up. All of those things require coop. So either you really don't understand the definition of cooperation or you just choose to not understand the definition lol. 

23 minutes ago, Vengeful99 said:

It`s funny how you basically live on the PVP section of the forum instead of playing your PvE. You are a sad little troll under a bridge trying to smear good ideas with your filth. I thing you got destroyed in DS conflicts so bad that your scrub mind became traumatized.

Aren`t you tired of pushing the same laughable ideas? Do you speak for all players? How the hell do you know what the playerbase - in it`s entirety! - does or does not want. The way i see it, for every little child throwing an anti DS PVP tantrum there are 3 players who want the mode back.

PVE and PVP go hand in hand, at least in good games, that is. You should be able to avoid PVP, which was the case with DS conflicts, but still be tied to the game world as to not feel artificial and just something thrown in there.

You want an empty game, not just an empty game mode? Keep things as they are: same repetitive PVE completely divorced from any sort of competitive PVP. Also the Conclave is a bust due to lack of development - just a couple of maps, abilities that never worked right etc. - and a weird general direction it took with 2.0 that never really went anywhere.

Despite its flaws Solar Rail PVP was NEVER and empty game mode. You probably were really bad at it and, as a defense mechanism, you retreated in a delusion where everyone agreed with you.

His opinions are only for entertainment value. He is a player who lives on conclave feedback yet isn't really a pvp player. Also he doesn't understand the meaning of cooperation. Cause he keeps saying rails isn't coop and players are here only for coop but clearly rails pvp is cooperative. Lol. Why else clan up or squad up to run it lol. In fact most successful pvp out there are cooperative and only work if team members work together. But he doesn't understand the definition of cooperative lolol. So you'll have to excuse him. 

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

17 hours ago, (PS4)sdaly96 said:

Wf survived for ages before ds was even thought of, it will survive without it

I never said Warframe is dead, just the best part of it. I have no doubt the game will survive... as a bland, endgame lacking, grinder.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

I'm not sure you understand the definition of cooperative. When you battle on rail you have to run it with a squad to maximize effectiveness

In a alliance you have to fight alongside thousands. You have to taxi to those rails. You have guys who train clan members to be most effective on rails and once again you squad up. All of those things require coop. So either you really don't understand the definition of cooperation or you just choose to not understand the definition lol. 

Finally someone who understands and appreciates the quintessence of good online gaming! I saw you posting on PVP related topics and every time I found myself in agreement with your statements. I find it baffling that, with a few exceptions such as yourself, the WF community is generally resistant to fun and original gameplay. WF has immense untapped PVP potential. Rails were the perfect balance of action, RPG and MOBA elements. They also gave clans a purpose.

Conclave is pretty flawed IMO, but I`m glad we have it. However the true potential lies in world PVP: in addition to PVP Rails, think about syndicate pvp - where you can fight players aligned with a rival syndicate, or Stalker-like pvp where you can invade a squad`s tower mission and get a prime part if you kill them. Implement those, but with a light touch - giving the defeated some loot as a participation prize, and I guarantee the player base will increase exponentially.

After all, if all that players want in a game is to kill NPCs for loot, they can do that in single player games. Ironically those games are generally better at PVE gameplay than Warframe will ever be.  

6 hours ago, Vengeful99 said:

I never said Warframe is dead, just the best part of it. I have no doubt the game will survive... as a bland, endgame lacking, grinder.

Finally someone who understands and appreciates the quintessence of good online gaming! I saw you posting on PVP related topics and every time I found myself in agreement with your statements. I find it baffling that, with a few exceptions such as yourself, the WF community is generally resistant to fun and original gameplay. WF has immense untapped PVP potential. Rails were the perfect balance of action, RPG and MOBA elements. They also gave clans a purpose.

Conclave is pretty flawed IMO, but I`m glad we have it. However the true potential lies in world PVP: in addition to PVP Rails, think about syndicate pvp - where you can fight players aligned with a rival syndicate, or Stalker-like pvp where you can invade a squad`s tower mission and get a prime part if you kill them. Implement those, but with a light touch - giving the defeated some loot as a participation prize, and I guarantee the player base will increase exponentially.

After all, if all that players want in a game is to kill NPCs for loot, they can do that in single player games. Ironically those games are generally better at PVE gameplay than Warframe will ever be.  

We are the few my friend.

You see the way dark sector 2.0 will be pve? I'm willing to bet that we'll be fighting umbras. They're both a while away according to devs. They both have something to do with darkness in their name (umbra means shadow in some other language). What do you guys think?

4 hours ago, (PS4)apashby said:

You see the way dark sector 2.0 will be pve? I'm willing to bet that we'll be fighting umbras. They're both a while away according to devs. They both have something to do with darkness in their name (umbra means shadow in some other language). What do you guys think?

If the only thing they will do is to replace something fun (PVP) with more of the 50 Waves of Grind which is the hallmark of Warframe, but with the sole twist of reskinning AI opponents... I say don`t bother!

Someone mentioned an idea similar. It was to Fight over control of the relays against enemy syndicates (such as the 6 main) and tax players of opposing syndicates to enter. Was a neat idea but would make for toxic backlash in the community due to Syndicates like Simaris and Teshin only available in Relays and Void trader as well; as well as solo players having to use the Trade Relay if they're not in a clan.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 2:24 PM, sanghije said:

Someone mentioned an idea similar. It was to Fight over control of the relays against enemy syndicates (such as the 6 main) and tax players of opposing syndicates to enter. Was a neat idea but would make for toxic backlash in the community due to Syndicates like Simaris and Teshin only available in Relays and Void trader as well; as well as solo players having to use the Trade Relay if they're not in a clan.

But if alliances can control relays that doesn't mean people would not be able to access them. Everyone can still access them. The alliance would just get their emblem placed on them. And because everyone visits the alliance versus an off node like Akkad that not everyone even has opened, DE can effectively impose a low tax ceiling. Say 10% or even 5%. 5% tax is very low and everyone still has access to the relays. The resource farms can be recovered by the alliance through farming. We can space out the rail conflicts so that there aren't so many going on and gives each alliance time to farm for resources without taxing the public. The tax would only be for credits. And like I said 5% would be very low. I don't see why there would be a back lash and it would keep situations like the 99% tax thing that happened on PC and the alliances would still get to fight for something.

On 5/26/2016 at 5:56 AM, Vengeful99 said:

Don't write us off yet... we are still here quietly waiting. Simply sick of pleading to deaf ears so we play other games and just pray that one day this game is repaired... or atleast for them to tell us that what they are planning so I can finally make a decision to keep playing or just stop. Tired of being on the fence.

On 5/26/2016 at 5:37 AM, HoakinBlackforge said:

Warframe was never more bustling with full time active players than it was during the Solar Rail era... and I know TONS of people who quit or won't come back simply because there was no more competitive mode. I myself will be quitting this game if they don't return DS with some sort of competitive PvP form too and I am the Founder of the #1 Clan on Xbox... what does that tell you? lol

On 5/29/2016 at 5:23 AM, (PS4)sdaly96 said:

I was just thinking, what if alliances could control relays?

On 6/2/2016 at 10:53 AM, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

But if alliances can control relays that doesn't mean people would not be able to access them. Everyone can still access them. The alliance would just get their emblem placed on them. And because everyone visits the alliance versus an off node like Akkad that not everyone even has opened, DE can effectively impose a low tax ceiling. Say 10% or even 5%. 5% tax is very low and everyone still has access to the relays. The resource farms can be recovered by the alliance through farming. We can space out the rail conflicts so that there aren't so many going on and gives each alliance time to farm for resources without taxing the public. The tax would only be for credits. And like I said 5% would be very low. I don't see why there would be a back lash and it would keep situations like the 99% tax thing that happened on PC and the alliances would still get to fight for something.

Taxes and their existance would be a big factor... But we have had talks about that idea in our Alliance group and I love it, it is too bad it wouldn't work for the exact same reasons the original Dark Sectors were called "Toxic". Would cause more drama and hatred than the original Dark Sectors did. Alot the hate from the mode stems from jealousy for people who could accomplish things that others couldn't.... no matter what was actually said. Less Relays to control than Dark Sectors = more cry babies in the long run. It is funny how people called the DS system toxic but the ones who were being the most toxic were the ones who didn't own any Dark Sectors in the first place... aka the regular community lol.

Edited by (XB1)Xodus03

10 hours ago, (XB1)Xodus03 said:

Don't write us off yet... we are still here quietly waiting. Simply sick of pleading to deaf ears so we play other games and just prey that one day this game is repaired... or atleast for them to tell us that what they are planning so I can finally make a decision to keep playing or just stop. Tired of being on the fence.

Warframe was never more bustling with full time active players than it was during the Solar Rail era... and I know TONS of people who quit or won't come back simply because there was no more competitive mode. I myself will be quitting this game if they don't return DS with some sort of competitive PvP form too and I am the Founder of the #1 Clan on Xbox... what does that tell you? lol

Taxes and their existance would be a big factor... But we have had talks about that idea in our Alliance group and I love it, it is too bad it wouldn't work for the exact same reasons the original Dark Sectors were called "Toxic". Would cause more drama and hatred than the original Dark Sectors did. Alot the hate from the mode stems from jealousy for people who could accomplish things that others couldn't.... no matter what was actually said. Less Relays to control than Dark Sectors = more cry babies in the long run. It is funny how people called the DS system toxic but the ones who were being the most toxic were the ones who didn't own any Dark Sectors in the first place... aka the regular community lol.

Well DE did say the relays that were destroyed may be rebuilt in the future

18 hours ago, (XB1)Xodus03 said:

Don't write us off yet... we are still here quietly waiting. Simply sick of pleading to deaf ears so we play other games and just pray that one day this game is repaired... or atleast for them to tell us that what they are planning so I can finally make a decision to keep playing or just stop. Tired of being on the fence.

You made a very good case for the return of DS PVP. You certainly were way more eloquent than the people advocating for their removal. But sadly DE only listens to the people that rage and yell. Pleasing the peasant masses to keep things quiet seems to be their MO.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:09 AM, Vengeful99 said:

You made a very good case for the return of DS PVP. You certainly were way more eloquent than the people advocating for their removal. But sadly DE only listens to the people that rage and yell. Pleasing the peasant masses to keep things quiet seems to be their MO.

This has always been DE's mo. Listen to the players who many admit that have not played a lot of pvp but never listen to the players who have played a ton of pvp (in this case rails) because obviously the guys who have dedicated a ton of time to rails wouldn't know anything about them, but the guys who played a few matches and decided that it's terrible and never played rails again would obviously know a great deal about them. Because of course that logic makes sense.

That would be like at work going to my staff who specializes in creating presentations for me and saying you know what "I know you spend a lot of time making and doing presentations but I'm going to go ask Tim over there who hates presentations and have only done them a few times and didn't like it at all, but I'm going to go ask him for his opinion on them and ignore yours". Only in DE's pvp world does logic like this make sense.

I think they should bring back the pvp system with Dark Sectors just balance the warframe skills as they are in conclave.
A lot people wept about the taxes. What if a certain amount of credit is collected through taxes there would be some sort of one hour event? And with this event people wouldnt be that salty to pay the tax, especially players still get enough credit from the missions + DE should revert back the credit nerf on the nodes. If I remember correctly Seimeni(on ceres) gave 25k instead of the 10k, so even with high tax you would get the same money or even more.

My idea for how dark sectors should return is for it to return in the same format with some QoL changes. Firstly, I would like there to be a tax cap for resources and credits. I imagine the credit tax to be capped at 40% and the resources to be taxed at 10%. I also think there should be a taxless version of the node so players can stop complaining. This taxless version, however, would also not carry any of the benefits the normal node would have. There should also be a PvE option for the conflict where the player would have to either sabotage a time-gated reactor or do a survival mission on the rail. I propose this PvE option do 1/2 the damage the PvP option would do.