The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Nerfs And People

Sjukob

WARNING BAD ENGLISH

So , I see here a lot of people who think there are a lot of OP stuff exist ... 
I see a lot of messages like :
Hek is too OP , the best shotgun in game , everyone use it , its not interesting ... 
Latron prime far too strong ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/62943-nerf-the-latron-prime/ ) 
Deathcube needs nerf , it can even kill enemies ! ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/65123-deth-cube-too-op/ )
NERF ogris it can oneshot everything !!!
Slash dash the most powerfull ability , i think DE need to nerf it .
And other messages where people want to see some things nerfed , well , i've got one question for you .
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE ?! 
You want nerfs ? Do you remember situation with hek and gorgon? Did you forget about Rhino's iron skin ? You want more nerfs like these ? Do you want forums full of whine after each nerf ? Do you really think there are a lot of OP stuff which players can use ?! NO there arent , please learn that and dont force DE to do any more nerfs . I cant , just cant even imagine what forces you to ask for nerfs , may be you've got a headache , eh ? If you see that something works very well against enemies , that is because enemies in this game are too weak , not because weapon is too strong .
But i still think there are someones who need nerfs and they are ancients disruptors , really the only things which must be nerfed are disruptors , thats it , no more nerfs this game needs . Thank you .
P.S. well , may be toxic ancients deserve a nerf ...

Lol, that Latron Prime thread was just a joke.... that many fell for it?

Oh, as for my stance? I honestly would rather see things being brought up to better states rather than brought down to absolute garbage. On the other hand, the nerfers do speak truth when one thing is just ridiculously powerful, though most of the time I find it that they seem to be more of the anti-fun group.

Ancient Disruptors don't need a nerf to their abilities. I do believe they should be somewhat more fragile compared to their Toxic and Healer cousins though >_>

Most of the time when i see someone cry nerf you usually see the phrase "kill steal" in the explanation.People seem to forget that harder to obtain items are SUPPOSED to be way stronger than the starter gear.NERF THE HEK IS TOO STRONG yeah a mastery rank 4 weapon is stronger than a shotgun you can buy strait off as a new player. And only by 10 damage the range is better sure but still.Nerfing leads to a lot of conflict but no one complains about a buff as much because it's hard to make something bad with a buff.

"Nerf everything that has the potential of being better than what I'm using" is the attitude people seem to have. In other words, the same generic whining you see on every single game online (especially PVP ones).

OP...you're not too smart are you...?

In my "Nerf the Latron Prime" thread I openly state that this was a sarcastic thread...

Seems Cedric and so many other people who lack the ability to read have also bypassed this...

You guys make me shake my head in disappointment at your inability to read...

nerf to weapon X is always passive buff to weapon Y. so devs always BUFF and buff and buff... remember it

OP...you're not too smart are you...?

In my "Nerf the Latron Prime" thread I openly state that this was a sarcastic thread...

Seems Cedric and so many other people who lack the ability to read have also bypassed this...

You guys make me shake my head in disappointment at your inability to read...

okay. but how to understand such topics? "is" is "not" etc. etc..... 

its very hard to understand such encrypted text

Edited by fuffi2milka

I hate to say nerf, as that entails making it worthless. Fixing, or balancing is a term people should use more. But whether you "nerf" all strong things, or "buff" all not strong things wouldn't you come to the same outcome? This is not taking into consideration of enemy balancing since there are endless defenses that spawn lvl 100+ mobs.

People that cry nerf are morons. Case in point.

Okay then let's bring back melee before U7 and the HEK before it's real nerf...

Nerfs are needed to balance a game...leaving imbalances is not necessary...

Only a fool goes about only by buffing...

What you want to every weapon in game to be like Lato

What you want to every weapon in game to be like Lato

Like I've said...leaving imbalances in the game is not necessary...

That included imbalances with weapons being too weak...

You need to balance a weapon...which involves combinations of nerfs and buffs to make a middle ground for the weapon...

Don't put words in my mouth...

Edited by Ystella

Nerfng only makes things useless and less likely to be used again. It would be better to make enemies harder than to make a weapon less useful.

Or buff the underpowered weapons. Why not buff them instead. The Grakata got that buff, there are other things that need that buff. Why not ask to buff those that are in need of buff those those yo think are in need of nerf just because people are having too much fun with them.

You want variety, you have to make it happen by buffing useless weapons just like they did the clan weapons. Brings all them other weapons up to code and warframes. Focus on buffing what needs that buff than see if anything really needs that nerf.

No one likes to have their favorite toy broken(Rhino, for example).

But people do like having new toys to play with. Think about it. It's better to have more useful weapons. than to have a lot more useless weapons. You nerf said stuff and you'll just see less variety as people flock to the strongest thing they can find and then people are going to complain that no one uses anything else and you'll only have yourselves to blame.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

Like I've said...leaving imbalances in the game is not necessary...

That included imbalances with weapons being too weak...

You need to balance a weapon...which involves combinations of nerfs and buffs to make a middle ground for the weapon...

Don't put words in my mouth...

whatever,

but they should never nerf a high rank weapons, some of them need a buff, imo

whatever,

but they should never nerf a high rank weapons, some of them need a buff, imo

A sniping shotgun did not need to stay...

The HEK could literally outsnipe Snipetron...

Please tell me that does not sit well with you..

If an imbalance is present...take care of it...

High Rank is not an excuse for having another weapon like the HEK...

Nerfng only makes things useless and less likely to be used again. It would be better to make enemies harder than to make a weapon less useful.

Or buff the underpowered weapons. Why not buff them instead. The Grakata got that buff, there are other things that need that buff. Why not ask to buff those that are in need of buff those those yo think are in need of nerf just because people are having too much fun with them.

You want variety, you have to make it happen by buffing useless weapons just like they did the clan weapons. Brings all them other weapons up to code and warframes. Focus on buffing what needs that buff than see if anything really needs that nerf.

No one likes to have their favorite toy broken(Rhino, for example).

But people do like having new toys to play with. Think about it. It's better to have more useful weapons. than to have a lot more useless weapons. You nerf said stuff and you'll just see less variety as people flock to the strongest thing they can find and then people are going to complain that no one uses anything else and you'll only have yourselves to blame.

Nerf does not mean to render a weapon useless...

You are thinking about nerfing in terms of tearing a weapon apart when that is not nerfing a weapon...that is breaking it...

Nerfs are never meant to be severe...not at all...

You need to buff and nerf to balance a game...not just one or the other...

Edited by Ystella

Ystella, on 15 Jun 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

You are thinking about nerfing in terms of tearing a weapon apart when that is not nerfing a weapon...that is breaking it...

I do believe you are mistaken. The term nerf is to make a weapon hurt as much as a Nerf gun. The things that shoot foam darts.

I do believe you are mistaken. The term nerf is to make a weapon hurt as much as a Nerf gun. The things that shoot foam darts.

...Oh lord...

How could I have been so foolish...!?

All of those people I've mislead...

Ystella...WHY!?

Not every developer knows how to nerf without destroying the object. If people don't use it anymore, what was the point? Just becomes a waste of space.

Not every developer knows how to nerf without destroying the object. If people don't use it anymore, what was the point? Just becomes a waste of space.

So you're going to exaggerate on a word simply because you do not think a company is capable of balancing weapons...?

Does that even remotely sound rational to you...?

DE will certainly do what needs to be done and make every weapon viable in its own way regarding their mastery rank...

They have until PS4 release to do so...

You can bet they wont let things go unchecked okay...?

Edited by Ystella