Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Vauban.

Annnoth

Recap of all the points at the bottom in the form of a TL; DR

An alert for the systems came up not too long ago so I decided to make myself the vauban warframe. In general it's fun but it could use some improvments.

1. Tesla is too underwhelming for it's cost. Let's think about other 25 energy skills. Excalibur's slash dash dealing max 500+ damage to a massive row of enemies which ignores armor. Saryn's venom which deals 600+ damage over a large period of time and can spread to groups of enemies if it worked right, Mag's pull which has a large variety of uses, Frosts freeze that freezes and enemy solid, ect., ect.

Let's see tesla, shoots once every 3 seconds for a max of 135 damage what is affected by armor, and is worst of all electric which is the worst element. With that taken to account I deal about 60 damage to infested 70 damage to grineer, and 10 damage to ancients... Sure it's good against corpus but I barely encounter corpus compared to grineer and infested.

I understand if it was buffed to much it would be spammed to all heck but even when I plant about 10 of them it still isn't enough to kill 1 decently leveled infested in 1 voley and that's just wasting 250 energy! meanwhile excalibur charges through a massive group of them all shattering them to bits. 

Maybe if the Tesla didn't use electric damage (it would be a bit ironic though) and it pierced armor it would be more worth it. 

2. Bastille is awesome, keep it.

3. Vortex obviously has some problems.

The damage indication makes it hard to tell if it actually is doing as much damage than other ultimate skills. I would assume it doesn't since it incapacitates any enemy near it so that's not too bad. Maybe a more clear war of seeing the damage on it without spamming 10's and 15's at us. Like dealing the damage but only showing the damage indication once the vortex ends as all the damage that was dealt and if the enemy dies it shows all the damage that was dealt until it died. Something like that to make it more clear.

When deploying it you should be able to hit the same button again to activate it where it currently is. There are many places I can make traps with using the vortex but I soon realize I can't because there's no suitable floor or wall I can attach it to. Being able to throw it slightly off of a ledge and activating it would be much nicer than having to dangle of the edge to look for a slant then throwing it so it has a chance to stick.

That's all. Thoughts are welcome.

TL; DR: 

1. Tesla is too underwhelming for it's cost. 

2. Bastille is awesome

3. Vortex needs a better way of seeing how much damage is dealt and needs a better way of deploying it rather than sticking it to surfaces so traps can be better made.

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

i am sorry but i disagree with your Telsa is to underwhelming for it's cost. You can cast it multiple times so it works for defence maps aswell. since you can cast 3-6 of them at an entrance you want to guard and walk away.

i am fine with how vortex works and if i am doing a boss fight or a stalker fight i can stick the vortex to a nearby wall or box to lift the enemy in the air.

1. Tesla is too underwhelming for it's cost. 

No, just no. Tesla is an absolute beast in corpus defense, and decent in grineer. It might not be as frontloaded as others, but those things stick around for 40 seconds merrily plinking away.

2. Bastille is awesome

Bastille is op as hell. I too like the design, but permanent aoe cc against melee enemies shouldn't be that easy. Look for the wave 150 endless defense vid on youtube to see what I mean.