Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If/when The Trading System Comes Out..

StudioZero

Because you're forced to trade, am i rite? That's what trading is supposed to do, to give you the option of bypassing time. Or helping out a buddy. If you wanna do stuff then go do it. We're humans, we've got free will. Use it.

And the trade restrictions that have been discussed countless times are to bypass those spammers, botters and hackers.

We do have free will... and that free will leads me to want to OPPRESS YOU!

Not really... we just don't need trading at all and the benefits are outweighed by the downsides IMO.

I didn't say I would automatically reject all forms of trading, only stating why we don't need it.

Well the trading can be ok with regards to resources. Some of us are just REALLY lucky or unlucky at getting certain things. I know some dudes that get 20 control modules in 20 runs, and others who get 20 in 200 runs. If someone wants to trade me some 500-1000 plastids for a control module, I think it's ok. Trading of mods would really be pushing the limits for me though.

Trading whole warframes? I don't know. I think the OP only mentioned Vauban, because he was a bit more difficult to get as someone had to be at the mercy of being online to play while there was the appropriate alert on, whereas you can get the other standard frames by farming bosses.

Edited by sushidubya

First form of trading would be restricted to clans and restricted to materials. What downside would this bring?

Second form was something that was brought up in a live stream, in-mission trading with our squad, where we could exchange mods we find in the mission. What downside would this bring?

Provide details, please.

First form of trading would be restricted to clans and restricted to materials. What downside would this bring?

Second form was something that was brought up in a live stream, in-mission trading with our squad, where we could exchange mods we find in the mission. What downside would this bring?

Provide details, please.

First form: Join clan, buy stuff ( using RMT example here) , leave clan. Very easy to abuse like that.

Second form: Nothing wrong with that, sounds like something that would be awesome.

not to ruin your fun and hops or any thing.

but they said trading will be only for mods, and maybe for BP's.

They mentioned the possibility of trading things acquired during the mission after the mission.

Which is good because it might help the host leaving super quick before the other people have and results in a failed mission.

And it also might help with Void Key for the people that cant host.

Okay care to elaborate or are you just spouting nonsense?

I'll elaborate for him/her. The problem with introducing a trading system that allows anything past mods from the match among the party members that were present, and the trading of resources puts a monetary and value to things already placed by DE. If you were to be able to trade things like weapons and warframes, or parts of warframes for other things, this game would be nothing more than space ninja TF2. We all know how horrible that turned out. The game itself is based on the longevity of farming resources, progressing, leveling of your gear and the acquisition of new warframes via blueprints. Last thing this game needs is a player driven economy. It tears apart games. and attracts unwanted effects to the community. So please, let's keep it to only mods during the mission, and resources. Keep the big items for actual work.

First form: Join clan, buy stuff ( using RMT example here) , leave clan. Very easy to abuse like that.

Second form: Nothing wrong with that, sounds like something that would be awesome.

You wouldn't be able to buy anything. Clan trading is, from what DE says, materials only. No credits, no weapons, no frames, mods or blueprints.

They could simply make it so you have to be in a clan for a certain amount of time before you can exchange/give materials.

You wouldn't be able to buy anything. Clan trading is, from what DE says, materials only. No credits, no weapons, no frames, mods or blueprints.

They could simply make it so you have to be in a clan for a certain amount of time before you can exchange/give materials.

I mean Buying as in for real money.

I'll elaborate for him/her. The problem with introducing a trading system that allows anything past mods from the match among the party members that were present, and the trading of resources puts a monetary and value to things already placed by DE. If you were to be able to trade things like weapons and warframes, or parts of warframes for other things, this game would be nothing more than space ninja TF2. We all know how horrible that turned out. The game itself is based on the longevity of farming resources, progressing, leveling of your gear and the acquisition of new warframes via blueprints. Last thing this game needs is a player driven economy. It tears apart games. and attracts unwanted effects to the community. So please, let's keep it to only mods during the mission, and resources. Keep the big items for actual work.

hmm please tell me how horrible TF2 turned out? I really wish to know,since its always fun to play it

there are thousands  people playing it every day

the game makes the developers millions of dollars 

i wish for mods and BP to be tradable too, not only materials.. seriously there are many people that can't find some BP or mod and i have like 100 of those to spare,so what do i do with it if i can't trade /give it to someone?

Specially if i find a friend and want to help him out little, you know those multishot mods or vauban /frost prime/banshee helmet etc blueprints aren't that easy to get and it takes sometimes hundreds of runs=not really fun do same thing over and over and over,

players will get fed up with it and quit the game, as many of my friends already did, because it wasn't fun for them to farm over and over like idiot to just try new frame and there was nothing i could do to help them and i had like 10 of those blueprints sitting on me

I was kind of looking forward to trading system, but then...that will attract credit farmers, blueprint farmers, and mod farmers to warframe. They will be selling these in-game stuff for real money. Not only that, but there will be sale messages getting spammed throughout the public chat, annoying the players. And then the players will complain about these farm bots on the forum.

I hope it won't turn out like that...

TF2 is a joke, Yes there are still SOME people that play it for the game itself, but outside of that, It's a trade scam, money well of pretentious little babies and their mom's credit card. Ever heard the term Hat-fortress 2? Because it is nothing more than that.Furthermore blueprints and what not are based on RNG. I've farmed for weeks for a single blueprint, and others have taken me a simple three runs to get. Everywhere from Trinity to Rhino to Nyx, Even Vauban. Trading blueprints, weapons and frames would cripple the longevity and replay value of this game. Not only would it drive a new economy with people such as yourself who have loads of extra blueprints and a horde of mods you're sitting on, which is amusing. But would also ruin the completion of building the frame yourself and the sense of accomplishment.

Edited by Skepsis

I'm pretty sure that's not how the trading system is going to work whenever it gets put into place...it would decimate any challenge for new players with friends who play the game.

"Hey man Saryn looks cool"

"Oh here you go trade me 5 ferrite and I'll give you all her blue prints"

"ok cool"

Result: lots of gameplay lost on servers because instant gratification....

(and thats not even considering for complete frames as you suggest)

The reason trading will never be implemented is because DE relies on the fact that crafting is the games only progression. Trading makes it easier and faster to craft thus people get bored with the game quicker and quit.

Edited by McWafflez

The reason trading will never be implemented is because DE relies on the fact that crafting is the games only progression. Trading makes it easier and faster to craft thus people get bored with the game quicker and quit.

unfortunately they have said many times that it will be added as limited trading