Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag build after latest update

DEATHLOK

Question

I had just started using Mag the day before the update. With the update, one power becomes dependent upon another—if you want the maximum effect.

Any advice on building her now, with the new update in mind?

Edited by DEATHLOK

4 answers to this question

Okay, so I'll try to give a run-down of what I understand of them in the simplest way possible.

Magnetize
-Basically Bullet Attractor v2.0. Enemy will end up with a magnetic bubble that pulls projectiles and armor shards to the center.
-Inflicts 25% of the absorbed damage as a DoT to all enemies in its range.
-Explodes if the Magnetized enemy dies.

Polarize
-Deals a lot of damage to shields in a wave radiating outward. If they have no shields, it hits their armor instead, which leaves armor shards on the floor to be used with Magnetize.
-Restores shields to allies.
-Enemies drained of their shields explode, dealing Magnetic damage.

That's the simplest run-down I can give you, would recommend reading the wiki, as there's more to the abilities than what I covered (primarily synergies and such), but this should cover the major effects.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mag

Edited by Camelslayer

Hardly. I'm a Master because I supported the game in its infancy, not because I play all the time.

Maybe I don't have the effects turned up high enough to see shards of armor laying around, getting picked up, and striking enemies.

I see a big green orb.

Edited by DEATHLOK

The way I started playing Mag after the rework is by keeping duration low, but just long enough so that you can kill whoever Magnetize is attached to. Magnetize does massive AoE damage and has a pretty good DoT so you can hold choke points really well. You can also Magnetize more than one enemy at a time which is nice especially if you have good range mods since the size of the Magnetize bubble will cover a large area.

It's not the fastest way to kill enemies but it's very effective and I have survived a solo T4 survival with this play style. Here's a link to my build: http://goo.gl/R0fflq

Have fun!