Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Complaining At The "lack" Of Free Items

Strudul

It's good that you have a sense of humor but I'm being serious here.

I laughed.

Well I prefer oranges... So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I find oranges to be a pain in the &#! to peel and I think the taste is kind of dull. That may have just been the been the particular oranges I had at the time... Clementines are good though and easy to peel!

To each their own.

Edited by FatalX7

And you've just described a pretty bad Free to Play game, especially if it's one that forces their players to pay. Bad business.

It's also common in other online games to obtain smaller amounts of inventory for free through gameplay, with a pay option, or to simply have no limit and use loadouts.

I described the majority of F2P games... None of them force you to pay (because then by definition it wouldn't be F2P), but if you want certain items, then you have to pay up.

1. I have no probs with this

2. Only prob I have is that forma, potatos and any bp you cant get in the market rarely pop.

3. Theres been no potato alerts since the 21st or 25th of may(been so fekking long ive forgotten how long its been) and theres only been one random forma alert to my knowledge. Most complaints are because some items on alerts are only on alerts which means too much waiting and not enough actual playing.

4. These got remedied already

5. Might want to add potatos into this because at the moment potatos are mythically rare on logins and non existant as alerts.

Rarity is a good thing

If the good items are too common:

-You soon won't have anything more to get

-You are less likely to support DE

-You will get bored

-You will stop playing

The only thing I do disagree with is the timer on alert missions and how people can miss out on something due to work / sleep etc.

Who the F*** wants to have a cake and not eat it? The whole @(*()$ point of getting a cake is to eat it! To say people are spoiled because they want to have a cake and eat it too is completely $&*&*#(%&. It's like saying people are spoiled for wanting to have a bed and sleep in it at night too. What the F*** is the point of a bed that you can't sleep in!?

You don't understand the phrase because of how language has changed.

A more modern way to say it is... you want to save your paycheck and spend it too. As in you want the things the money could buy you and you want the benefit of having saved it so you can spend it later if you need it. Obviously you can't save 5 dollars you spent on lunch.

- There are daily login rewards which let you get credits, weapon XP, platinum discounts. credits etc for free

- Alerts let you get even more credits, credits, credits etc for free.

fixed for ya

Rarity is a good thing

Rarity? lol Havent you noticed the distinct lack of Potatos? as in extinct? none? zip? nada?.....Oh and i'll support DE just when I don't feel like im forced to rather than want to.

Edited by Skeloton

@The OP's point...

The people that complain this game is p2w and doesn't give enough free stuff seem to basically fall into two categories...

People that haven't played the game enough to understand almost everything can be achieved via play.

and

People that have either not played other f2p games or have just forgotten what other f2p games do.

naturally there are other points of view, but that seems to be the bulk of what I see.

Rarity? lol Havent you noticed the distinct lack of Potatos? as in extinct? none? zip? nada?.....Oh and i'll support DE just when I don't feel like im forced to rather than want to.

as if any one ever bought a master pack because they felt like they are "forced" to. 

RNG is RNG, you'r new so you don't know, but sometimes potatos drop in groups, sometimes alone and sometimes we just have to wait a long time to get them.

same with everything else. 

stop crying that you cant get things that have real world value for just playing the game for 5 minutes a day.

Edited by EagleRise

It's been less than a month since we got a potato...

DE didn't say that they are going to give us one every day, or every week... they just said there is a chance they will give us one. If they give us 1 per year, that is still a chance.

-You don't need a single potato to play this game.

-You only need 4 potatoes to have a fully supercharged set.

-You aren't forced to buy platinum and can play perfectly fine without ever doing so.

The phrase "Give somebody an inch and they'll take a mile" comes to mind.

Edited by Strudul

It's been less than a month since we got a potato...

DE didn't say that they are going to give us one every day, or every week... they just said there is a chance they will give us one. If they give us 1 per year, that is still a chance.

-You don't need a single potato to play this game.

-You only need 4 potatoes to have a fully supercharged set.

-You aren't forced to buy platinum and can play perfectly fine without ever doing so.

The phrase "Give somebody an inch and they'll take a mile" comes to mind.

Ok so when it suddenly goes from 5perweek to 0perweek that's ok? fine. Then I guess i'll just remain stubborn and no pay a penny.

as if any one ever bought a master pack because they felt like they are "forced" to. 

RNG is RNG, you'r new so you don't know, but sometimes potatos drop in groups, sometimes alone and sometimes we just have to wait a long time to get them.

same with everything else. 

stop crying that you cant get things that have real world value for just playing the game for 5 minutes a day.

RNG is RNG, is becoming a little cliché. oh no Im crying because I was told I could get everything for free if I play for it, only to find out a few days later when the potato alerts stop that isn't the case.

Also if no one complains how will they ever know when somethings wrong? oh so im not supposed to complain, that everything is fine and dandy, So theres no bugs in the game anywhere?

Ive only managed to get 2 potatos the livesteam ones that weren't "random" since I joined and both were a 3am my time. I was lucky I stayed up those night to get them.

Edited by Skeloton

@The OP's point...

The people that complain this game is p2w and doesn't give enough free stuff seem to basically fall into two categories...

People that haven't played the game enough to understand almost everything can be achieved via play.

and

People that have either not played other f2p games or have just forgotten what other f2p games do.

naturally there are other points of view, but that seems to be the bulk of what I see.

LoL, Dota2 and,TF2 do F2P better, but we can't mention those games on these boards. Tribes and Global Agenda were doing okay until Hi-rez did what Hi-rez does, Tera had a pretty decent thing going apart from the korean level MMO grind which existed even when the game was P2P, same with Aion, Rift just went F2P with a business model similar to Tera's.

You talk as though so many F2P games are so unreasonable but that could not be further from the truth.

Edited by Godplank

Ok so when it suddenly goes from 5perweek to 0perweek that's ok? fine. Then I guess i'll just remain stubborn and no pay a penny.

oh no!!! they stooped giving you free stuff with real world value! so now you moved from not paying to... not paying.

should we give a S#&$?

as you said, they gave us alot, and they give us one each live stream (so at least one a week), if you dont have enough, thats you'r fault and you'r problem. 

I'm swimming in potatos, and not from buying them.

Edited by EagleRise

@The OP's point...

and

This is an interesting point, I would like however to point out category one is an issue, to a degree.

If a person comes to the game, and feel it is 'unjust', justified or not does give the game a negative view to the person. While I agree all things of importance (minus slots but said to being looked at) are acquirable, the method to find this information out is obscure and requires digging, something most players will not put forth the effort the acquire on their own.

A prime example is the reactors, while you can quite early see they are used in warframes, the only 'visible' in game way to acquire them is through plat in the store. While this isn't empirically true, the evidence that shows this is hard to acquire without outside reference which can cause to misleading data inference.

In short, they need a better tutorial or other in game way to further explain the mechanics. It should always assume the end-user knows nothing.

oh no!!! they stooped giving you free stuff with real world value! so no you moved from not paying to... not paying.

should we give a S#&$?

as you said, they gave us alot, and they give us one each live stream (so at least one a week), if you dont have enough, thats you'r fault and you'r problem. 

Your swimming in potatos because you've probably been playing much longer than me. I joined on the 21st of may, so I only got the chance to get 2 potatos but I guess that's my fault right?. I don't expect you to give a F*** because I honestly don't give a F*** that you dont give a F***.

Edited by Skeloton

Your swimming in potatos because you've probably been playing much longer than me. I joined on the 21st of may, so I only got the chance to get 2 potatos but I guess that's my fault right?. I don't expect you to give a F*** because I honestly don't give a F*** that you dont give a F***.

I was born in the 80's... the 60's seemed like a cool time and I was late to the party.

F the world for making this happen, time should rewind.

But in seriousness... the no taters dropping is a thing, and it's an annoying thing. We'll just have to wait for them to revamp the system like they mentioned in the thread about u8 work.

oh no!!! they stooped giving you free stuff with real world value! so now you moved from not paying to... not paying.

should we give a S#&$?

Live stream in my timezone is 3~5am... So yeah... Its not for all people... Plus that potato is just there for 12hrs... It feels like, people from different time zone from the DEV will either have to wake up in the middle of the night to get it or suck thumb. 

then your luck is simply bad, if you played for so long without a drop from the daily login. (or maybe you just dont play continuity, as potatos/forma start to drop only after 7 days)