Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Much Grinding To Build Warframes?

Rhodonite

Is it viable to build a warframe in a reasonable amount of time?

I've started the game with Mag, and I'd like to get Nyx. So far I'm collecting components, but it looks like they're scattered everywhere in the galaxy.

I was wondering: how long to gather all the components? I'm currently on Venus....

6days ive had to wait for my Excalibur to finish maybe more, still got 10hrs to go. I think that once you got like a chassis bp/underconstruction/built in inventory, shouldn't drop until the chassis leaves your inventory.

But that's just me.

Too much grinding to build warframes? Hohoho, wait till you see the material requirements for researching AND crafting the dojo weapons...

One thing being terrible does not mean something can't be bad.

Getting that second frame is one of the most obnoxious things in this game. It isn't as bad after that, but DE should consider finding some way to make getting a second frame less painful.

Hey, don't fret too much about it. You're new to the game so it'll take you a while to get into the farming 'zone'.

After a while, you'll have most (if not all) the planets unlocked and farming becomes a much easier and faster affair. At your level, yes, building a brand new Warframe will take you a while. I suggest mastering Mag while opening up the different planets and accumulating resources. Later on, you'll be able to acquire everything you need in a few short runs.

For example, I obtained everything I needed to build a Saryn in about two hours. Most frames are easy to acquire with a bit of patience but, in my opinion, it's all very reasonable. The only exception would be Frost Prime but that's a completely different story.

Grimgrip, so you're telling me my only issue is that I'm low level, so I don't have all the planets unlocked to get the materials?

I guess I'll enjoy Mag.... and hope when I get everything unlocked, it'll be fast.

Has anyone here built a warframe, and how long did it take them?

Most people playing for a while have built many frames, you will too if you stick around. Building your own new frames is a significant part of this game, especially since they grant the highest Mastery point gains per level. Each frame will take you a few days to build and gather mats for.

I certainly havent built one yet, but my approach is to wait until I have the various compounents to any of them, it doesnt matter which really, and then just try them out.  Im nearly there on a couple but not getting to stressed about trying to grind for them, hopefully in time the bits will drop eventually.

Yeah, that's mostly the issue. You're only on Venus. Enjoy Mag while you travel through the Sol system. Eventually, you'll be able to farm easily and much faster.

At a certain point, you'll be able to mass produce Warframes and weapons. For example, this week I crafted Frost Prime, Saryn, Ash, and a few weapons.

Have heart.

Takes me about a day to start building a frame. 2-4 hours (depending on RNG) to farm the BP pieces, frame, chassis, helmet, and the mats to build said pieces to start the twelve hour build time. The next day is used for starting the actual frame build which takes 3 days to finish.

So it doesn't really take that long. Biggest obstacle is actually getting to the planet that you need such as Sedna to farm Saryn blueprints as well as the planets that are good for farming resources.

After the Vauban helmet alert I have 2 days of build time for him to finish and then all I need to do is farm for regular Excal BP's to have them all! Pokemon!

Edited by WolfxDeekon

Once you build your first frame and you get the gist of it it actually becomes extremely easy. The only thing that slows you up is when the bosses you're farming for the rare components don't drop anything.

I think I'm building my 8th (2 don't count, mind) frame now just because I've gotten that much stuff helping my friends make their frames.

Edited by Ahkaskar

60 hours playtime hasn't gotten me a new frame yet, mostly because, as a new guy, I can't power farm like the vets can.  That first frame will take you a long time getting the components, blueprints, etc, especially if it's one of the more obnoxious bosses that drops it.  As you play more and more, though, frames, ike weapons, will come easier and easier as your ability to power farm increases.

Pretty much a reiteration of what has already been said, but yeah. Starts out seeming like it'll take forever, but soon enough you have so many materials that you can almost craft anything without having to intentionally go out and find materials. (At least in my case. I only had to go grab a single control module to craft ALL of my Vauban parts.)

Grimgrip, so you're telling me my only issue is that I'm low level, so I don't have all the planets unlocked to get the materials?

I guess I'll enjoy Mag.... and hope when I get everything unlocked, it'll be fast.

Once you level up, and open up most planets, you will take more time building the WF than farming.

I allready have all the obtainable wfs from boss grinding, but when I had to farm them, once I had all 3 parts I usually allready had all the resources prior for opening maps, or it took me 1-3 hours togather everything.

Has anyone here built a warframe, and how long did it take them?

I've built several warframes, but none were as exhausting, tedious and insomnia inducing as my first frame project, Banshee. Took me nearly two weeks to grind for parts THAT I NEVER FOUND. Only after update 8 did I find the fabled Banshee helmet and finally construct my Bashee (who is completely boss btw).

Second project was Frost. Dunno if it was due to unpotato'd Loki or the fact that I had only been playing for 2 weeks, but grinding for Frost took me literally one whole weekend. The grind was made more unbearable by the fact that while I was wasting my time looking for Banshee BPs my friend had successfully crafted a Trinity, AND THEN QUIT. Grinding was hard and getting a new frame was harder he said, so he quit playing the game with me. I don't blame him, Frost alone (let alone Banshee) almost made me quit. But now I have Frost Prime, Banshee, Nyx, Rhino, Excalibur (prime since I do have a badge), Ash and I'm rebuilding my Loki (sold him to make room for Saryn, which took 6 hours to farm for).

Getting that second frame is one of the most obnoxious things in this game. It isn't as bad after that, but DE should consider finding some way to make getting a second frame less painful.

Like I said to Rhodonite, the grind made one of my friends quit this game altogether. As much as grinding has put me off to MMOs it's amazing that I was able to endure it like I did here. Getting a new frame is necessary, but unnecessarily "obnoxious" and puts people off from the game in my experience. +1

Lol, i don`t see how it`s so 'painful'.Time consuming yes, but then what did ya expect when you got yourself into an online dungeon crawler that involves grinding? The grind will be the same, in any game you play and in most cases it is a simple matter of how much time can you waste on said grinding.

Lol, i don`t see how it`s so 'painful'.Time consuming yes, but then what did ya expect when you got yourself into an online dungeon crawler that involves grinding? The grind will be the same, in any game you play and in most cases it is a simple matter of how much time can you waste on said grinding.

Painful is running the same boss assassination at least 70 times to get the one part you need for your second frame and STILL not having it drop.  Especially when that boss is an obnoxious heavily-armored bullet sponge with tons of hitpoints and a shotgun, and the exit takes twice as long as the assassination.  I've actually made new friends, leveled up three weapons, and gotten TONS of module drops while farming this one boss so many times and it's become a huge running joke, so I suppose it's not all bad...  But Councilor Vay Hek, I'm f**king sick of fighting you and if you give me the Trinity Systems blueprint I will leave you alone forever.

Edited by Trylobyte

So far I have built like 3 warframes, and I have the components for 2 more. I have played for around 2 or 3 weeks I guess. Let's assume you have ALL the Warframes and ALL the weapons, all potatoed, and you have used max ammount of Forma on everything. What should you do? You basically have nothing left to do after that. If Warframes were easy to get, you would get bored of this game after week or two. I can see that you're new here (according to your forum registration day), and I can assure that the gameplay will become a lot easier after couple of days.

If you don't like grinding the same mission over and over again, my tip to you is that you should swap the boss you're warming every 5-10 runs. For example, do about 7 runs of Phorid (drops Nyx components), then do couple rounds of Kril and then go back to Phorid. That way you won't get exhausted so quickly.

Edited by GalliumGD