The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe concept] Reptile frame: Basilisk /w art

(PSN)shiroyanagawa3

(Lore in progress)

:lotus: Lotus: " This is Basilisk, a agile yet deadly Warframe. He uses ancient techniques dating back to the primal ages to kill foes or even consuming them. Basilisk takes on the role of hunting the prey and making sure no one survives".

Warframe name: Basilisk

Theme: Reptile/ lizard

Role: (not final yet)

Art Gallery:

A quick concept of how he looks like:

184b3e91016dbed216a1d13335caade4.jpg

Color variety: 

d036e0ee7894bceb68800f353a17a30a.jpg

Alternative Skin or vice versa:

825e73ea14b206358cf8a86bc4dfe9ed.jpg

Color variety:

aa9a77ea41d8b41bdd3b954d91263455.jpg

Stats

Armor: 285                                          Sprint speed: 1.12

Health: 200( 400 max.)

Shield: 100( 300 max.)

Power: 150( 225 max.)

Ablilties:

947a23d29833d3603a3d5f3152f3a116.jpg

1. Eluding Hurl: Basilisk launches himself forward while curled in knocking down any enemies within range. Upon landing he blends in with the environment for a short period of time evading enemy attacks.

• Energy consumption: 35
  • Power Range(meters): 6/9/12
  • Impact Damage: 125/150/175/200
  • Invisible Duration: 4/6/8/10s
  • Energy consumption: 25 while Ravaging Spines is active

2. Ravaging Spines: casting the ability causes spines to protrude from his body dealing puncture damage if enemies get to close. Basilisk also gains increased armour while active.

• Energy consumption: 3 per second
  • Puncture Damage: 225/250/275/300
  • Armor bonus: 10%/15%/20%/25%

3. Lashing Whip: (Tap) strikes with an almighty blow using your tail. Enemies hit will suffer from slash damage and rag dolling away from you. (Hold) Basilisk detaches his tail drawing enemy fire away from him. Killing enemies will increase tail regeneration rate. Note: if your tail is still regenerating, the ability will be locked until fully regenerated.

• Energy consumption: 35
  • Slash Damage: 225/250/275/300
  • Power Range(meters): 8
  • Regeneration Time: 30 sec.
  • Reduction Time per Kill: 2 sec.
  • Energy consumption: 25 while Ravaging Spines is active 

4. Animalistic Frenzy: Basilisk drops on all four and begins to hunt. While this ability is active Basilisk cannot use guns or melee weapons but he gains increased movement speed. He may also consume dead bodies to heal him. He will use his claws and a combination of tail whips for melee attacks. Charging your attack will make him lunge forward knocking down enemies. Each attack is imbued with toxins and inflicts slash. Enemies that move will generate a sound wave that travels 10 meters, Basilisk can highlight them if he touches the wave. Basilisk can also mark enemies that are visible by running the reticle over them highlighting them through walls and objects.

• Energy consumption: 5 per second.
  • Health restored: 100 per body
  • Damage: scaled on melee weapon
  • Slash Damage: 300
  • Detection Range(meters): 20
  • Energy consumption: 2 while Ravaging Spines is active

Ability Combos: 

1. Eluding Hurl/ Ravaging Spines: using both of these will hurl yourself toward enemies as a wrecking ball of death. As you make contact with the enemy you will knock them down doing impact damage as well as doing slash damage. Both abilities damage are stacked.

2. Lashing Whip/ Ravaging Spines: Lashing Whip is not meant to do a lot of damage, but it gives space to the players if enemies get to close. Combo this with his 2nd ability Ravaging Spines and the damage is stacked. Enemies will no longer just rag doll away but suffer from slash damage as well.

3. Animalistic Frenzy/ All Abilities: take on Basilisk true primal form by becoming the enemies worst nightmare. While Ravaging Spines is active any enemy that comes in contact will get damaged by it while you can unleash devastating combo attacks on them. Use Lashing Whip to make enemies open for ground finishers and when things get out of hand escape with Eluding Hurl. Feeding occasionally will also help Basilisk survive much longer. All abilities used during Animalistic Frenzy are increased by 25%.

Augments:

1. Earth Bound: Ravaging Spines: as your spines are active, slamming the ground with any melee weapons will cause 3 rows of spikes to emerge from the ground around you capable of impaling enemies.

• Range(meters): 6
  • Spike Duration: 8 sec
  • 30% chance to impale enemies

2. Acid Spray: Lashing Whip: (Tap) the strike is now deadlier than ever with acid released in the cuts of your foes, also releasing a spray of acid around you in a 180 degree arch.  (Hold) When your tail is destroyed, a burst of acid erupts in the vicinity.

• Spray Range(meters): 10
  • Corrosive Damage: 400
  • Range Burst(meters): 10

3. Carnivorous Gathering: Animalistic Frenzy: upon eating dead bodies health and energy orbs will have a 50% chance to drop for you and your allies. Consuming bodies will cause a aura to form around Basilisk inflicting Fear to any enemy in range that spots you. Fear will cause enemies to panic and run away. Enemies once affected cannot be affected again until 8 seconds has passed.

• Fear Duration: 5 sec.
  • Fear Range(meters): 10 (+1 per stack)
  • Max stacks: 20
  • Orb Drop: 1 random Health or Energy

Updated: 01/22/17

4. Armoured Sphere: Eluding Hurl: When Basilisk spins forward any enemy hit will grant Basilisk a buff depending of enemy faction. The Grineer will give Basilisk amour for each enemy hit. Corpus gives over shield and Infested gives a flesh shielding that depletes every time he takes damage to his health. The Orokin will grant him a Energy Barrier similar to the Infested buff. Buff duration does not stack and will not exceed 30 seconds, except when hitting enemies giving 1 second per enemy hit.

• Grineer Buff: 25 Amour per enemy hit
  • Corpus Buff: 50 Over Shield per enemy hit
  • Infested Buff: 60 Flesh Shielding per enemy hit 
  • Orokin Buff: 60 Energy Barrier per enemy hit
  • Buff Duration: 30 sec (+1 sec per enemy hit)

Passive:

If your Companion is a Kubrow or Kavat, damage done to Basilisk is converted to health for his companion and vice versa.

Comments and inputs below, and thanks for viewing Tenno

Edited by (PS4)shiroyanagawa3

Hmm intereseting, but there are some things i like to point out:

Imo the first ability is a great concepts, but it doesnt fits to his great health. If u have that much health u dont need the stealth at all, or the other way around. I would reduce his health pool. Further more his passive seems to be quite too powerful. Considering reptiles loses their tails to distract and decoy their enemies, so i would say dont let him revive instantly, instead let him lose his tail opon heavy damage, decoys enemies and let him become invisible for a short duration. His second ability is a bit..well the main problem is damage reflection sucks, because enemies deal not that great damage against them selfs. So i consider rethinking this ability a bit, mechanically-wise.

Atm u called him Basilisk, so his ult should smth do with petrifying enemies aint it? ^^ ofc with change of name the ult doesnt has to...

I really like the art, done by urself?

Keep it up, overall i like the idea!

how about this:

Deep Dive:
Basilisk dive under the ground and regenerates health whilst submerged, melee-ing enemies will pull the under and deal impact damage over time while the ability is active. energy drain per second.

6 minutes ago, Dragonblack175 said:

Hmm intereseting, but there are some things i like to point out:

Imo the first ability is a great concepts, but it doesnt fits to his great health. If u have that much health u dont need the stealth at all, or the other way around. I would reduce his health pool. Further more his passive seems to be quite too powerful. Considering reptiles loses their tails to distract and decoy their enemies, so i would say dont let him revive instantly, instead let him lose his tail opon heavy damage, decoys enemies and let him become invisible for a short duration. His second ability is a bit..well the main problem is damage reflection sucks, because enemies deal not that great damage against them selfs. So i consider rethinking this ability a bit, mechanically-wise.

Atm u called him Basilisk, so his ult should smth do with petrifying enemies aint it? ^^ ofc with change of name the ult doesnt has to...

I really like the art, done by urself?

Keep it up, overall i like the idea!

Ah I totally see what you mean and yes the art is drawn by me. Thanks for the inputs.

21 minutes ago, HatesEdge said:

how about this:

Deep Dive:
Basilisk dive under the ground and regenerates health whilst submerged, melee-ing enemies will pull the under and deal impact damage over time while the ability is active. energy drain per second.

Lol this would sound nice for Hydroid's Under Tow augment mod. Thanks for the input though.

My thoughts Basilisk design:

- He looks cool and unqiue

- Stats suggest he's light on shields, health and armour but high on speed and energy. So he seems to be a glass cannon to me.

- His first ability seems quite unique but I feel like invisibility is been used and done by the other frames. Maybe instead he could camouflage himself into the environment.

- His second ability is good, It fits in nicely into his set.

- I feel like his passive should be combined with his third ability. So the player has control when he/r want to drop it. So hold to drop the tail, or press to slash the enemy.

- His passive should be something unique or should buff his kit in someway. So maybe his passive could allow him to increased movement when taking to much damage to the health.

- His ult could be his tail as a exalted weapon. He would start to act like lizard climbing walls and ceilings with no timers attach to it (obviously the camera would adjust). He's tail would have his own melee stance

For a 4th ability, I would think a high cost medium duration detection radius, similar to the codex scanner.  Most reptiles can "see" heat, so a reptilian warframe could theoretically contain this ability to see the heat signatures (there or lack there of) to detect loot and enemies alike.

10 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

My thoughts Basilisk design:

- He looks cool and unqiue

- Stats suggest he's light on shields, health and armour but high on speed and energy. So he seems to be a glass cannon to me.

- His first ability seems quite unique but I feel like invisibility is been used and done by the other frames. Maybe instead he could camouflage himself into the environment.

- His second ability is good, It fits in nicely into his set.

- I feel like his passive should be combined with his third ability. So the player has control when he/r want to drop it. So hold to drop the tail, or press to slash the enemy.

- His passive should be something unique or should buff his kit in someway. So maybe his passive could allow him to increased movement when taking to much damage to the health.

- His ult could be his tail as a exalted weapon. He would start to act like lizard climbing walls and ceilings with no timers attach to it (obviously the camera would adjust). He's tail would have his own melee stance

Mmm... I like the third ability idea you have, and I still adjusting his stats atm. Great ideas and thx for the inputs. 

8 minutes ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

For a 4th ability, I would think a high cost medium duration detection radius, similar to the codex scanner.  Most reptiles can "see" heat, so a reptilian warframe could theoretically contain this ability to see the heat signatures (there or lack there of) to detect loot and enemies alike.

Ah yes I was thinking the same thing too, thx for the input and I'll see what I can do.

15 hours ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

How about something like banshee? something that marks them on map, makes them take more damage and immobilize them with fear.

Very nice changes u made there.

For me he kinda seems to be a sneaky bruiser, u may wanna think about the role u want him to be and define it even better (which doesnt mean its bad what u have done, great ideas so far, but warframes becoming more complex in recent times, so be creative)

I really like ur concept art, but theres one thing i miss in his kit which u have pictured in his art, those floating crystal stuff. Im sure u had smth in mind when drawin this, so u may wanna think about how to put this into his kit.

Regarding his passive:

The current one resembles that of Ivara quite a lot.

Since he's a lizard, how about making him resist toxic procs completely? Or a chance to proc toxic upon contact with enemies?

Edited by freekycheese

22 hours ago, BlackDiamondAce said:
5 hours ago, Dragonblack175 said:

Very nice changes u made there.

For me he kinda seems to be a sneaky bruiser, u may wanna think about the role u want him to be and define it even better (which doesnt mean its bad what u have done, great ideas so far, but warframes becoming more complex in recent times, so be creative)

I really like ur concept art, but theres one thing i miss in his kit which u have pictured in his art, those floating crystal stuff. Im sure u had smth in mind when drawin this, so u may wanna think about how to put this into his kit.

yeah those particles like things are toxins realeased from during his Animalistic Frenzy ability.