Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about the dread

Mazrou

Question

Is the dread usable for all missions in endgame if it was formad enough with good mods ? some people may tell me about using rakta cernos or paris prime but i want to benefit from the ash passive that increases the slash effect.

and if the answer is yes can somebody show me the best build for all situations?

4 answers to this question

man i dont know about the best build as that is play style specific, but this weapon is insane. if you can headshot regularly you can really benifit from argon scope and bladed rounds. however, i do not use those mods. i tend to hip fire quite a bit since in harder missions you really dont have time to aim all the time. unless you are invisible ( ivara or loki ). I have 4 forma on my build and i use it in the void.

serration, point strike, vital sense, stormbringer, infected clip, 120% slash mod ( forget what its called ), speed trigger, split chamber.

this is just what works for me.

1 hour ago, Lord_Impaler said:

man i dont know about the best build as that is play style specific, but this weapon is insane. if you can headshot regularly you can really benifit from argon scope and bladed rounds. however, i do not use those mods. i tend to hip fire quite a bit since in harder missions you really dont have time to aim all the time. unless you are invisible ( ivara or loki ). I have 4 forma on my build and i use it in the void.

serration, point strike, vital sense, stormbringer, infected clip, 120% slash mod ( forget what its called ), speed trigger, split chamber.

this is just what works for me.

what about hammer shot instead of 120% slash dmg?

I run:

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Point Strike
  • Vital Sense
  • Fanged Fusillade
  • Vile Acceleration
  • Stormbringer
  • Infected Clip

If you're specifically going for Slash procs, you can replace Stormbringer and Infected Clip with High Voltage and Malignant Force to boost your status chance.

Currently, I'm running:

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Point Strike
  • Vital Sense
  • Argon Scope
  • Bladed Rounds

And then two of the element+status mods (I default to High Voltage and Malignant Force, but will change it depending on what faction(s) I'm facing - Malignant + Thermite for Infested, Voltage + Rime for Corpus).

It might be better to go with the full 90% element mods (more damage, but loses out on status chance), but that also requires more forma (both due to their higher cost, and only 3 of the 4 sharing a polarity - the above takes 1 forma, while getting the same freedom with the 90% elemental mods takes 3).

Compared to Inarticulate's suggestion, it's got less slash damage, and is significantly slower, but gets even higher crit chance (192.5%) and damage (6.8x) while aiming, assuming you've both headshotted and killed in the last 9 seconds.