Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote: Balance or Fun

onespirit5777

Just now, Skycook3y said:

By the way, wasn't the astora the one with that ridiculously high damage rolling r1?

It's rolling r1 dmg is thrust, despite its animation being a downward slam. I can kill anything (except cheaters with UGS). It also has a lance charge for its special.

15 minutes ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

It's rolling r1 dmg is thrust, despite its animation being a downward slam. I can kill anything (except cheaters with UGS). It also has a lance charge for its special.

Noice, seems likely to be nerfed tho. Now if only they buffed scythes...

8 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Yes, but is it a bad thing? I have not finished the game yet and I'm at King of the Storm. 

You've never seen how unbalanced the game could be. Miracles, and curses are a joke. There's a lot of weapons that are horribly unbalanced too, esp their hitboxes (i.e. spear poke having wide rectangular hitbox similar to that of a UGS swing). 

Edited by RetiredEdgeLord

15 minutes ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

You've never seen how unbalanced the game could be. Miracles, and curses are a joke. There's a lot of weapons that are horribly unbalanced too, esp their hitboxes (i.e. spear poke having wide rectangular hitbox similar to that of a UGS swing). 

*caugh* phantom range on dark sword *caugh* Katana running attack cheese *caugh* r1,l2,r2 combo cheese *caugh* 1,2k parry damage *vomit blood*

9 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

*caugh* phantom range on dark sword *caugh* Katana running attack cheese *caugh* r1,l2,r2 combo cheese *caugh* 1,2k parry damage *vomit blood*

UGS rekts Katana users. Also Astora Greatsword lance charge could 1 combo most people.

Edited by RetiredEdgeLord

36 minutes ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

Okay, taking notes. No such thing as a perfect game. 

17 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

..and taking more notes. 

1 hour ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

UGS rekts Katana users. Also Astora Greatsword lance charge could 1 combo most people.

Yea, just not that much of a fan of heavy weapons in pvp. The only weapons I really like are the dragonslayer swordspear and the corvian greatscythe

On 6/1/2016 at 2:40 AM, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Balance = fun for all

Fun!

Balance =/=fun for everyone. ~ don't say that. Everyone will not have fun with balance. Its a blanket statement. And blanket statements are always wrong. This statement is wrong. Catch 22. There will be special snowflakes who won't have fun with your balance. And therefore, Everyone will not have fun.

Sorry, I broke the rules, but everyone else was too!

2 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Fun!

Balance =/=fun for everyone. ~ don't say that. Everyone will not have fun with balance. Its a blanket statement. And blanket statements are always wrong. This statement is wrong. Catch 22. There will be special snowflakes who won't have fun with your balance. And therefore, Everyone will not have fun.

Sorry, I broke the rules, but everyone else was too!

A balanced game would be a game where there is only one weapon because no one has an advantage. However it is very possible that that game is not fun because there's no variety in weapons. 

6 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

A balanced game would be a game where there is only one weapon because no one has an advantage. However it is very possible that that game is not fun because there's no variety in weapons. 

Exactly what I'm talking about. Catch 22.  It's like absolute zero, or going faster than the speed of light, the idea of perfect balance where everyone has fun is quite possibly an unreachable goal. 

Well....it's not super complicates like I'm making it sound. You just can't please everyone.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Nope