Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Charge Indication - A Much Desired Addition

FoxOhmai

So for some time now I have been talking with clan mates and this issue has come up a number of times and there is quite the simple solution just staring at us in the face with such an easy little UI change.

As it sits right now there is a slew of melee weapons and main weapons alike such as the Paris, Orgris and Dread, and with all of them there is no clear indication besides a sound queue that is hard to hear over the heat of battle... Gentlemen and gentletenno alike what I propose to you is this.

A tiny little UI change to effect to quality of life

http://imgur.com/gXcqA9t

http://imgur.com/WkWh5w3

The red bar is now an indication of what could be possible in the targeting reticle, now with this

it could be used for melee as well since you can never initiate a charge attack from both weapons at once. 

I feel this would grant players a more rewording feel for putting Reflex Coil on heavy weapons and Speed Trigger on main charge weapons like the Orgis.

One last little mock up.

http://imgur.com/KbB1XJ2

(P.S It doesn't have to be red...

Edited by FoxOhmai

Im not sure of the little red thing, seems kinda tiny and might be hard to see. But at the same time it should be subtle. Id think like a specific charge sound instead when it was at 100% like a "vruuuuuuuum", or a visual que like a small "Im charged" flash/glow/sparkle on the tip of the arrow/barrel.

Note; there is a charge indicator for paris if you're using a controller with vibration enabled. While you're charging the controller will vibrate, once it's done vibrating lightly, you're fully charged ^_^.

P.S. for mouse and keyboard players the indicator would be awesome, just thought I should mention there is a non-auditory indicator right now :D

Note; there is a charge indicator for paris if you're using a controller with vibration enabled. While you're charging the controller will vibrate, once it's done vibrating lightly, you're fully charged ^_^.

P.S. for mouse and keyboard players the indicator would be awesome, just thought I should mention there is a non-auditory indicator right now :D

I actually didn't know about that but there is a vast majority of us that do use mouse and keyboard, while the vibration is a nice touch a small visual queue like this is a nice way to sum up the problem with a very small change I could see done in a hotfix as apposed to something major we may have to wait months for.

Im not sure of the little red thing, seems kinda tiny and might be hard to see. But at the same time it should be subtle. Id think like a specific charge sound instead when it was at 100% like a "vruuuuuuuum", or a visual que like a small "Im charged" flash/glow/sparkle on the tip of the arrow/barrel.

And while those are good ideas in their own right the main goal is to get away from animations/particle indicators and branch into something with a clear timing value in a HUD (Heads up Display) option for people that like to get exact timings out of their weapons.

Edited by FoxOhmai

And while those are good ideas in their own right the main goal is to get away from animations/particle indicators and branch into something with a clear timing value in a HUD (Heads up Display) option for people that like to get exact timings out of their weapons.

I'm pretty sure if there was a more noticeable indicator the timing would be pretty easy to figure out. Regardless, it'd be nice if they included a multiple of these ques or something to give someone an idea. The only way currently I can notice when the bow is fully charged is by watching the bow string. Theres a couple different "positions" the bow string goes into when you pull it back.

Also, Im fairly certain, but not 100% sure, that speed trigger [attack rate] makes you charge the bow faster... not sure though so that also ties into timing.

Edited by unmog

It should turn GREEN at 100%

As I stated in my first post the red charging bar was just to give a clear indication of what has changed and what could be done for a simple hot fix to make it clear exactly what changed in the targeting marker it doesn't have to be red that is up to the devs should they choose this idea.

Please if you have any ideas post them in this thread I would love to see the communities answer to this issue, remember keep it a small simple change something they could deploy in a weekend should they like the idea.

Edited by FoxOhmai