New War frame idea(in development)

tennorod

NAME

selia(Celtic for blind)

the blind warframe 

Theme:sense manipulation

Role:aoe/support 

LORE

Selia is a warframe different from most other warframes because she is a direct representation of her operator

Creation:Selia was made from one of the children who survived the Void jump accident. the Void energy  that the tenno control altered Selia operator different in the way that It blinded the operator meanwhile giving the operator the ability of sense manipulation.

During transference Selia operator created her by dreaming of a surrogate that was a reflection of them

Art

https://goo.gl/photos/5z3FnVCyn6VdS6fLA

Acquisition 

blueprints (pain):exterminate 

Heads (hearing ):spy

Chassis(touch): deception 

Systems(defense):defense 

STATS

Hp:150 (350)

Shield:100 (300)

Armor:100

Energy:100 (150)

Speed:1.05

PASSIVE:Blinding Sight

enemies within 5-10 m of Selia will receive a  decrease in accuracy/focus

Skills

1st:Disorder(25 energy)

Selia makes enemies to lose their sense of balance causing them to lose their ability to fight and use their weapons efficiently 

Radius:4/6/8/10 m

Duration:4/6/8/10 s 

2nd:Nullify (50 energy)

Selia manipulate her sense of touch allowing her and her allies to take 75% damage reduction & status immunity 

Duration:4/6/8/10 s

damage reduction:20%/25%/50%/75%

3rd:Shockwave(75 energy)

Selia impairs the hearing of her enemies by creating a huge shockwave immobilizing her enemies 

Radius:6/9/12/15 m

Duration:6/9/12/15 s

4th:Suffering (100 energy)

Selia cast a aura where enemies inside the aura receive increased damage from all forms of damage making enemies stagger from damage taken 

Duration:6/9/12/15 s

Radius:6/9/12/15 m

Comment down below what you think about the idea and suggestions for improvements 

Edited by tennorod

3 minutes ago, (PS4)glider700 said:

First ability sounds pretty good keep working on it +1. The second ability pretty good might want to add the duration. The third ability pretty interesting making the enemy halucenat. The fourth ability is more gut be good as a passive.

The warframe blind so it's need a way to see so I don't think the 4th would be a good passive for it but thanks for the feedback

Interesting ideas but seem pretty similar thematically to Banshee. As far as Alad V is concerned, no warframes have eyes - though according to dev articles on infested, most of our warframes retain sensory organs, the almost eye-like little energy dots on the outer chassis that the organism uses to perceive the world around it. I would love to read more on the warframe idea in the future.

2 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Interesting ideas but seem pretty similar thematically to Banshee. As far as Alad V is concerned, no warframes have eyes - though according to dev articles on infested, most of our warframes retain sensory organs, the almost eye-like little energy dots on the outer chassis that the organism uses to perceive the world around it. I would love to read more on the warframe idea in the future.

How is the idea similar to banshee and I was thinking about the whole warframes being blind thing before I came up with the idea

Banshee silences and disorients enemies; uses sonar to locate enemies highlighting and identifying enemy weaknesses and increase damage against them; has a sound quake which causes sound disturbances through the ground disrupting and knocking around enemies also losing balance. Banshee can't increase her resistance to damage but Mesa can while also bouncing some of the shots back at enemies, Chroma increases armor with Ice Elemental Ward and creates ice copies of shots to throw back at enemies that hit him when enhanced.

Don't know of anyone that has the 'Painpacker' but is seems like since it is doing percentage based drain that it would be very powerful at higher levels since the bonus of increasing enemy damage wouldn't matter since they all can oneshot us, but have silly high quantities of life. A percentage based loss of life Similar to Trinity but area effect would be quite powerful, though since Trinity's Energy Vampire is being weakened slowly against bosses - they are being switched to immune when the chances provide - and Shield Polarize previously doing percentage being changed to its current flat damage, I don't think 'Painpacker' would be allowed to exist as is though I like the ability idea myself.

First, her passive is the exact same as Ivara's passive pretty much so...

Second, her first ability is basically a different version of Banshee's except a different way to stun them. Pretty good though :D

Third, there's two problems with this. 1)Is this like an effect for just one enemy? If yes then it is extremely weak and not worth using at all. 2) If it can affect many enemies at once, then it would be pretty much the exact same as Nyx's Chaos. Just an idea, but casting this ability on an enemy will cause them to go "mad" and force an aura onto them. Enemies within 5-10 meters will go mad too. Any enemy attacked by an affected enemy will receive the aura. Think of something similar to Saryn's Spore in the sense that they spread off of one enemy instead of a mass, instant cast.

Finally, the ultimate is really weird as usually your ultimate is based off the theme but her ultimate has nothing to do with blind.

Just as a sidenote, wouldn't playing as her make your screen completely black due to the fact that this frame is blind and therefore cannot see.

Her abilities don't really reflect her theme so I would suggest making little changes to do so

Edited by Popstupid

46 minutes ago, Popstupid said:

First, her passive is the exact same as Ivara's passive pretty much so...

Second, her first ability is basically a different version of Banshee's except a different way to stun them. Pretty good though :D

Third, there's two problems with this. 1)Is this like an effect for just one enemy? If yes then it is extremely weak and not worth using at all. 2) If it can affect many enemies at once, then it would be pretty much the exact same as Nyx's Chaos. Just an idea, but casting this ability on an enemy will cause them to go "mad" and force an aura onto them. Enemies within 5-10 meters will go mad too. Any enemy attacked by an affected enemy will receive the aura. Think of something similar to Saryn's Spore in the sense that they spread off of one enemy instead of a mass, instant cast.

Finally, the ultimate is really weird as usually your ultimate is based off the theme but her ultimate has nothing to do with blind.

Just as a sidenote, wouldn't playing as her make your screen completely black due to the fact that this frame is blind and therefore cannot see.

Her abilities don't really reflect her theme so I would suggest making little changes to do so

What changes do you suggest I make also theme is based on manipulating sense since the frame has 1 Sense removed so it can use its other sense to its advantage hence the theme sense manipulation 

Also I know its passive like ivara besides it's need a way to see so I understand what u mean by the passive but it's the  only passive I can think that will work for it 

Edited by tennorod

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

Banshee silences and disorients enemies; uses sonar to locate enemies highlighting and identifying enemy weaknesses and increase damage against them; has a sound quake which causes sound disturbances through the ground disrupting and knocking around enemies also losing balance. Banshee can't increase her resistance to damage but Mesa can while also bouncing some of the shots back at enemies, Chroma increases armor with Ice Elemental Ward and creates ice copies of shots to throw back at enemies that hit him when enhanced.

Don't know of anyone that has the 'Painpacker' but is seems like since it is doing percentage based drain that it would be very powerful at higher levels since the bonus of increasing enemy damage wouldn't matter since they all can oneshot us, but have silly high quantities of life. A percentage based loss of life Similar to Trinity but area effect would be quite powerful, though since Trinity's Energy Vampire is being weakened slowly against bosses - they are being switched to immune when the chances provide - and Shield Polarize previously doing percentage being changed to its current flat damage, I don't think 'Painpacker' would be allowed to exist as is though I like the ability idea myself.

Ok I see what you mean and thanks besides I doubt the idea will last that long most frame concepts don't last long anyway

6 minutes ago, tennorod said:

What changes do you suggest I make 

Passive: Headshots do increased damage. This isn't really a blind theme so another one is that she gets increase in whatever mobility stat.

A1 : This ability is fine

A2 : This is good too but maybe increase 50% to 75%.

A3 : What I stated in my previous comment.

A4: I can't think of a replacement but I noticed one problem. It says," Enemies inside the aura receive a 50% damage increase," why would enemies receive a damage increase?

Edited by Popstupid

Just now, Popstupid said:

Passive: Headshots do increased damage.

A4: I can't think of a replacement but I noticed one problem. It says," Enemies inside the aura receive a 50% damage increase," why would enemies receive a damage increase?

Painpacker is meant to be a damage amplifier hence the name 

10 minutes ago, Popstupid said:

Passive: Headshots do increased damage. This isn't really a blind theme so another one is that she gets increase in whatever mobility stat.

For the passive what do you mean by This isn't really a blind theme so another one is that she gets increase in whatever mobility stat.

16 minutes ago, tennorod said:

For the passive what do you mean by This isn't really a blind theme so another one is that she gets increase in whatever mobility stat.

Basically, a blind frame would have to learn to increase her mobility over that of a normal frame in order to survive due to the loss of her sight. So say a preinstalled Rush or + X% Bullet Jump etc. 

2 minutes ago, Popstupid said:

Basically, a blind frame would have to learn to increase her mobility over that of a normal frame in order to survive due to the loss of her sight. So say a preinstalled Rush or + X% Bullet Jump etc. 

Sounds like a great idea I might change the passive into that or ask other what her passive should be but I'll keep the idea in mind

Quick question what do you think Selia passive should be her current one 

Passive:radar sense

Enemy radar by sensing the vibrations on the ground,airborne enemies she uses echolocation 

Proposal by PopStupid

Or you can suggest your own passive if you like 

7 hours ago, Urlan said:

What is your suggestion on painpacker to make it better 

Hey why the passive need the ability to detect seismic waves to feel vibrations in the ground when the frame's already got echolocation?

Ability 1: is fine

Ability 2: not to be mean but shouldn't we at least try to stick to logic, when someone's sense of touch (or in terms of this ability sense of pain) is reduced they are harmed by the same amount of damage, they just cannot feel it as well (that's why pain is important) so i dunno how damage reduction works since the amount of damage taken is the same but since they feel less pain it'd only make sense to the part where they have resistances/immunities to status effects and not the damage reduction.

Ability 3: and so this sounds like a controlled Chaos or a multi-enemy based Mind Control. (Chaos is probably one of Nyx's greatest uses)

Ability 4: why do enemies get a 50% damage increase?

(gonna need quite some development)

and so what is this warframe's flaw? 

Can we think of a Celtic deity or mythological aspect or character that the Orokin might have pulled inspiration from for a warframe? The closest I can think of is Mog Ruith a blind druid/sun or storm god but is a constant of some cultures of justice or desolation as its negative. Perhaps, one angle might be to embrace the duality of both overcoming failings and making them a strength. Since it is unlikely that percentage based damage will be accepted, perhaps we could take another angle and pull something of a conversion pulling from depictions of maimed gods and goddesses. Perhaps the abilities could focus around getting an effect that would normally be powerful for a negative status being applied to the player. Then perhaps 'Painpacker' could focus around turning these negative statuses into a strength like hitting the enemies for more damage per each status and sharing the statuses with more strength on the enemies. With this, we might be able to blend advantages and disadvantages to make a unique whole.

Else, I don't think we have a 'bat-frame' yet do we?

49 minutes ago, Hunter126 said:

Hey why the passive need the ability to detect seismic waves to feel vibrations in the ground when the frame's already got echolocation?

Ability 1: is fine

Ability 2: not to be mean but shouldn't we at least try to stick to logic, when someone's sense of touch (or in terms of this ability sense of pain) is reduced they are harmed by the same amount of damage, they just cannot feel it as well (that's why pain is important) so i dunno how damage reduction works since the amount of damage taken is the same but since they feel less pain it'd only make sense to the part where they have resistances/immunities to status effects and not the damage reduction.

Ability 3: and so this sounds like a controlled Chaos or a multi-enemy based Mind Control. (Chaos is probably one of Nyx's greatest uses)

Ability 4: why do enemies get a 50% damage increase?

(gonna need quite some development)

and so what is this warframe's flaw? 

Well the passive is still in debut I even suggested a passive change a few posts ago 

As for the skills I can understand the issue the idea is fresh  so if you have any suggestions I am all ears

especially the 3rd since it sounds similar to nyx chaos but I can't think of a sight based ability that dont sounds similar to chaos so if you have a better idea tell me 

As for the damage increase on its ult the 50% damage increase is intended as bonus damage for example  500 * 50%=1,000 

AS for its flaw the warframe is blind hence the echolocation but if you think it's has another one I'm willing to listen 

10 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Can we think of a Celtic deity or mythological aspect or character that the Orokin might have pulled inspiration from for a warframe? The closest I can think of is Mog Ruith a blind druid/sun or storm god but is a constant of some cultures of justice or desolation as its negative. Perhaps, one angle might be to embrace the duality of both overcoming failings and making them a strength. Since it is unlikely that percentage based damage will be accepted, perhaps we could take another angle and pull something of a conversion pulling from depictions of maimed gods and goddesses. Perhaps the abilities could focus around getting an effect that would normally be powerful for a negative status being applied to the player. Then perhaps 'Painpacker' could focus around turning these negative statuses into a strength like hitting the enemies for more damage per each status and sharing the statuses with more strength on the enemies. With this, we might be able to blend advantages and disadvantages to make a unique whole.

Else, I don't think we have a 'bat-frame' yet do we?

I like your suggestions I will take them into consideration especially the painpacker idea with more damage per status idea 

As for the bat frame from my knowledge we don't have 1 

P.s if you have any suggestions on the name or anything else on the frame tell me I'm open to suggestions 

23 hours ago, tennorod said:

Well the passive is still in debut I even suggested a passive change a few posts ago 

As for the skills I can understand the issue the idea is fresh  so if you have any suggestions I am all ears

especially the 3rd since it sounds similar to nyx chaos but I can't think of a sight based ability that dont sounds similar to chaos so if you have a better idea tell me 

As for the damage increase on its ult the 50% damage increase is intended as bonus damage for example  500 * 50%=1,000 

AS for its flaw the warframe is blind hence the echolocation but if you think it's has another one I'm willing to listen 

no by flaw i mean what is the flaw that suggests people use other warframes for example Chroma has high stats but his abilities are moderate, Nova deals high damage but lacks in endurance making her kind of close to a glass cannon, Trinity is extremely useful in utility but lacks destructive capability.

Maybe an ability to heighten an enemy's (or enemies') sense of touch as a result pain feels more immense to enemies than ever therefore a staggering effect frequently occurs when damaging an enemy while also making then more susceptible to damage. That's an idea for an ability

Or maybe a thunderclap that damages enemy ears immobilizing them.

an idea i could give a passive of could be enemy decreased accuracy and focus, by lowering their sense of sight and hearing, it's more difficult for them to detect, aim and shoot or attack you, the catch is that it only occurs on enemies nearby and wears off once u get far enough.

Edited by Hunter126