Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You Want To Make The Mission More Difficult...

Razorfire

Don't spawn more enemies!

Make the enemies harder!

Filling a room full of enemies drops the frame rate, drops the firing rate, on target shots don't make it to the target, etc!

I've aborted missions simply because my frame rate and weapons performance tanks when the room gets filled up. :P

'nuff said.

But I LIKE cutting through hundreds of weak enemies, it works great for my inferiority complex.

In all honesty I'd like to see a little of both.  One of the things I really like about warframe is that it focuses on dealing with huge numbers of enemies, in the face of the multiplayer standard which tends to involve playing against fewer enemies who are as strong if not MUCH stronger than you.  But I agree that killing 100 weak enemies doesn't tend to be much harder than killing 10.

As to the performance issues, only the host really suffers in terms of their PC's performance.  provided they have a good machine: no harm done (once they fix the terrible CPU optimisation).  If your FPS is making the game unplayable you have one of two problems, 1. you are the host, 2. your settings are up too high.  For problem 1 simply stop hosting, for problem 2, turn your settings down.

The lag is then down to both your internet connection and the host's.  Having trouble finding a decent host?  I recommend joining a clan.

snip

and your suggestions are absolutely useless for people who a) want to solo, and b) already have every setting as low as it will go (which really isn't that low, given that there are no options for controlling things like texture and model detail)

fixing CPU optimization would be a GODSEND yes, but it's also absolutely ridiculous the number of enemies that have been spawning lately, even sometimes in literally the very first or second room. spawning on a solo mission and 30 seconds later having 2 dozen enemies all file in at once out of nowhere is Not Good Or Fun and absolutely slaughters framerate

and the bit about only the host's performance being affected is garbage, if i'm with a bad host and a massive horde of enemies spawns, my framerate drops horribly as well, to the point where sometimes if it's bad enough aiming becomes all but impossible

better spawn management would probably help too? not spawning enemies in rooms that aren't anywhere nearby and/or despawning enemies that are several rooms away, for instance

@Mizuumi18

If you're having fps problems with 2 dozen enemies and your settings turned all the way down you must really be running very close to the minimum specs.  Whilst I agree that the CPU optimisation needs work, Warframe does require some fairly decent hardware to run and it would be unfair to those people who enjoy the hundreds of enemies in game simultaneously to cut down on them to cater for people whose machines can't cope.

To clarify about the host thing: IF your PC doesn't have a problem with the game normally, you'll only notice severe FPS drops while hosting, not as a client.  If you're struggling performance-wise client side with the settings on minimum then it is a performance issue and you might want to think about getting some new hardware.

FYI, I solo a lot, and there are few things I enjoy more than entering a room to see a battalion enemies bearing down on me.  The warframe is easily capable of mashing enemies by the hundred.

Edited by Hollow_Knight

I've got a lower high-tier gaming laptop that has been a trooper dealing with having 60 watts less than it's supposed to have, and has the graphics card (currently) permenantly underclocked. Only time I lag is occasionally when I'm hosting 4 (rare) or when I'm in the Void and enter the Lagdeath Room (the one with the gigantic ice growth in the very middle, elevators on the sides, and a puzzle somewhere in it as well). And even then, it's only if I look *at* the ice growth.

As much as you say it's unfair, and as much as optomization is DESPERATELY needed with this game (ESPECIALLY in the void, I haven't had fps lag like that in ages, and that includes hosting 6-8 in Vindictus against very shiny bosses like Glas and Beokros), there comes a point where your hardware just needs to be upgraded. I'm running this game fine on mine at 60% power.

What *does* need to be done is all firerates that are FPS dependant (Melee Normals, cough) need to be no-longer FPS dependant ._. That way when you *do* lagspike, the game doesn't become insanely harder to play.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

But I LIKE cutting through hundreds of weak enemies, it works great for my inferiority complex.

In all honesty I'd like to see a little of both.  One of the things I really like about warframe is that it focuses on dealing with huge numbers of enemies, in the face of the multiplayer standard which tends to involve playing against fewer enemies who are as strong if not MUCH stronger than you.  But I agree that killing 100 weak enemies doesn't tend to be much harder than killing 10.

As to the performance issues, only the host really suffers in terms of their PC's performance.  provided they have a good machine: no harm done (once they fix the terrible CPU optimisation).  If your FPS is making the game unplayable you have one of two problems, 1. you are the host, 2. your settings are up too high.  For problem 1 simply stop hosting, for problem 2, turn your settings down.

The lag is then down to both your internet connection and the host's.  Having trouble finding a decent host?  I recommend joining a clan.

I have all my setting on minimum any any time water is involved I get about 1 bullet every 3 seconds and about the same FPS, and that's when I'm NOT hosting, which means I generally get a good second of lag as well, so enemies are teleporting unhittably around the map and I don't know what the hell is going on anymore.

Not all of us have perfect PCs with Nvidia cards and perfect Internet because not all of us live in giant cities and have great jobs that earn us thousands of dollars.

Edited by fishworshipper

I want more enemies especially in Solo, not less. With more enemies, crowd control abilities actually matter and is a lot more challenging. I hate it when games have high HP enemies where it takes 5 minutes of shooting just to take it down. Having fewer enemies with more damage and HP doesn't make things harder, just boring. Anybody can dodge a handful of enemies.

Don't spawn more enemies!

Make the enemies harder!

Filling a room full of enemies drops the frame rate, drops the firing rate, on target shots don't make it to the target, etc!

I've aborted missions simply because my frame rate and weapons performance tanks when the room gets filled up. :P

'nuff said.

+1 my lex fires Lag bullets and lose a lot kills 

Let's throw some ideas in here...

- More difficulty options (it's in works)

- Make mission-type with only heavy units

- Make mission-type with only basic units

- Add difficulty modifier on player end as... (increase credit/material/mods drop chance by 5% for each modifier up)

> Speed Up - Enemies move and shoot faster

> Afterlife Gift - Enemies drop grenades/poison pools upon death

> The Tenno Way - Players can use only melee weapons

> Fast Reflexes - Enemies will be able to block normal melee attacks, charge attacks will still hit them

> Brains - Enemies are more clever - AI is more aggressive, has more abilities, they will split Tenno apart and corner them

> Small Pockets - Ammo drops are very rare

> Classic - Enemies do more damage and have more health

> Blackout - Ship is under EMP effect, all shields are gone, emergency lights only, flashlight offline

> Instagib - Everything has 1 health, even you

> Brawlers - Enemies can use melee only, their attacks also poison the Tenno, enemies get higher armor against ranged weapons, enemies are immune and inactive unless new AI path found to a player

> Hi-Regen Meds - Enemies regenerate their health, burst weapons recommended

> Artifact Hijack - Artifacts apply to your enemies aswell, bonus disabled if no artifacts are selected

> Rage - Longer enemy fights, the more rage induced they get increasing their damage, speed and armor

> No Potions - Health and energy orbs drops are disabled, healing items and abilities have reduced effect, regeneration artifacts work slower

> Battery Outage - Shields battery is damaged, shields do not regenerate

> Electro - Enemies are enveloped in electrical aura, damaging players close to them

etc...

some modifiers would exclude others, but you get the idea by now...

there comes a point where your hardware just needs to be upgraded. I'm running this game fine on mine at 60% power.

Doesn't matter how much I upgrade my Hardware, I can't change the fact I get 750Kbps upstream and that is NOT ENOUGH to host Void III/these alert missions/high wave Xini/Pluto Defenses.

They need to do something about Network Optimization; making everything require groups of 4 (unless you're Vauban with ridiculously good mods), but yet a group of 4 needs 1.5Mbps to host well.... uh yeah.

1.5Mbps upstream is NOT common unless you live in a big city and can get access to stuff like FiOS and the like. Your average ADSL is not 1.5Mbps upstream unless you're in or very near (suburbs) a City.

Edited by Xylia

Doesn't matter how much I upgrade my Hardware, I can't change the fact I get 750Kbps upstream and that is NOT ENOUGH to host Void III/these alert missions/high wave Xini/Pluto Defenses.

They need to do something about Network Optimization; making everything require groups of 4 (unless you're Vauban with ridiculously good mods), but yet a group of 4 needs 1.5Mbps to host well.... uh yeah.

1.5Mbps upstream is NOT common unless you live in a big city and can get access to stuff like FiOS and the like. Your average ADSL is not 1.5Mbps upstream unless you're in or very near (suburbs) a City.

Enemies on screen has very little to do with network bandwidth