Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Shader] Replace Ambient Occlusion (MXAO)

Abenoki

Question

So I came across this replacement for AO called MXAO made by Marty McFly (all credits to him and his great work i just tweaked settings)

http://reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/1874-marty-mcfly-s-ambient-obscurance-mxao-with-il

as much as I love DE the AO in warframe is kinda messy atm :3

I downloaded it and tweaked it the best I could for warframe so that it would improve and not muddy the visuals

Without MXAO

without_zpswumkb0xn.png

With MXAO

with_zpsdg4xszxi.png

Its easier to see in game so download and try it yourself

download is here

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zyg1obg2w3br7nv/MMWaframeAO.zip

just copy the contents of the folder to the directory that the warframe.exe is stored, scroll lock button enables and disables it

NOTE THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH OTHER SHADERS, IT IS STAND ALONE AND IF YOU ARE USING SWEETFX YOU CANNOT COMBINED THEM

enjoy the improved AO in your warframe, for more info on how it works visits the link above, but do not ask him to trouble shoot it in warframe for you, he did not make it for this game and it isnt his problem.

If you come up with better looking settings feel free to let me and others know

Edited by Echoa

3 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

pardon me, but i really see no difference in the two pics...ok...maybe the bottom pic is a tiny bit lighter

it doesnt lighten the image at all so im not sure what youre seeing in that regard

I said its easier to see in game than screen shot, ill post debug image (when servers back) or you could full screen them and swap between to see

if you still cant see it after that then idk what to tell you XP

Edited by Echoa

Here is a debug image to help you see whats happening

the darker areas are getting AO (darker the grey/black the more AO), while the lighter ones arent/less 

look at the difference in the darker areas in the images in OP

I.E look at the circle thing on the wall near the console or the tubes above the orbiter compartment 

id show a debug without but its part of the shader and just shows a white image lol

Warframe.x64%202016-06-02%2012-19-49_zps

Edited by Echoa