Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Guide] Valkyr Hysteria Skill Rework, Energy Drain Per Sec?

iLeVioN

Question

So I did a quick test for Hysteria max efficiency build. As seen in the video, a max ranked Fleeting Expertise Vs a Rank 2 Fleeting has no difference in terms of Energy drain. Using a video editing software, After Effects, I'm able to calculate the MINIMUM energy drain of Hysteria after it reaches 100% energy drain. It appears to be draining 0.9 energy per second with Max Efficiency build on Valkyr (the Valkyr build can be found at beginning of the video). Even with a max ranked Fleeting Expertise or Rank 2 Fleeting Expertise, the drain will still be capped at 0.9 energy per sec, compared to 0.63, which is before the skill rework. 

How do I know it is draining 0.9 energy per sec? The video started when the energy level is at 120 and it took 11 seconds to reach 110. So it drains 10 energy in 11 seconds. This is calculated with the precision of 1/25 frames per second. 

I didn't get the chance to experiment this build with an unranked Fleeting because I do not own one at the moment. But it seems that a Rank 1 Fleeting expertise will also give the same result with 0.9 energy drain per second.

Hope this guide helps ! 

6 answers to this question

I don't know that this qualifies as a "guide" more like an observation. Knowing how much the minimum drain is is nice though.

If I remember correctly wasn't the previous incarnation of Hysteria influenced by both duration and efficiency. Did you do any testing with both of those to see if both were still influencing drain, or if one or the other had a better impact? Those are the types of questions and testing a true guide would cover, basically the most important(if not all) facets of the the ability.

Edited by Wopel

9 minutes ago, Wopel said:

I don't know that this qualifies as a "guide" more like an observation. Knowing how much the minimum drain is is nice though.

If I remember correctly wasn't the previous incarnation of Hysteria influenced by both duration and efficiency. Did you do any testing with both of those to see if both were still influencing drain, or if one or the other had a better impact? Those are the types of questions and testing a true guide would cover, basically the most important(if not all) facets of the the ability.

Both Power Duration and Power Efficiency affects Hysteria energy drain, you can easily tell that by equiping/unequiping Continuity mod and check the energy drain under the ability tab of Valkyr. To answer your question, which has a BETTER impact ? Of course power efficiency. Okay, I might have mis-titled this thread but it helps player to mod their Valkyr. A Max Rank Fleeting and a R2 Fleeting has 3 mod capacity differences which can mean Forma-ing your Valkyr or not, depending on the player's build. 

What I can tell is that Hysteria behaves exactly the same as Exalted Blade does except Hysteria has now a greater energy drain. 

Like I said, knowing the new cap on it is nice. You can go and edit the thread's title so it is a little less misleading (from what I've read). Did you happen to check the warframe stats on the ability screen? I seem to remember they altered that too to make it say how much energy abilities would take (but I seem to recall the toggle abilities having drain per second anyway), it would be interesting to see if it shows max drain or starting, which might have gotten you your information too I suppose lol.

The reason I brought up duration is that it is a stat with significantly more function (warcry) both solo & group play, and probably would be the better option if you are going to max anything out. Toss an efficiency mod to cover anything it doesn't.

You still can see the energy drain in the ability tab. With my current build its sitting at 0.63 but that is before the Hysteria drain reaches to 100%. When you toggle Hysteria on in missions, the energy drains more the longer the skill is active. According to Warframe wiki, an un-modded Valkyr Hysteria will drain 15 energy per second when it reaches 100% drain. Thus, the ability tab on Valkyr only shows the energy drain when it is at 0%.  

I didn't really bother duration on war cry because there is a mod for Valkyr, Eternal War, which replenish War Cry duration by 2 seconds for every melee kill. 

Sorry for the misleading title, english isn't my first language, but atleast I'm trying :] , what title would you suggest ? 

11 minutes ago, iLeVioN said:

I didn't really bother duration on war cry because there is a mod for Valkyr, Eternal War, which replenish War Cry duration by 2 seconds for every melee kill. 

Duration increases the effect of that Mod as well though.