Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Mission?

-Aza-Gorod-

i know there is a defence mission. but i was wondering if there might be a version of defence without haveing to guard the thing.I think it might be abit fun to have alot of either infect, corpus, or grineer comeing it waves just like defence.but they hunt you down and you can exit after every 5 waves.but this is just my thought cause it might be interesting to see how long someone can last before they fall, or they can keep going till the player/s die but they get the last 5th wave. example. i die on wave 23 i would get the wave 20 reward and the mission would be over.

I'm all for another way to drop from the defense tables without defending an annoying Cryopod... More often then not i just want to shoot the pod so we can focus on killing stuff.

oh i agree with you so much xD esspecialy when you are soloing and you are going against the infested.the ancients come and just bash you around while the others eip the pod open like a can opener, or the corpus and or grineer just hail rounds at you from all angels.then you got to rush and its just annoying defenceing the pod.i say let there be survival lol it would be fun to see how long me and some friends can last.also maybe find a few good mods if we survive long enough xD,

Edited by Drake777

I think that would be a good idea. I have thought about it too and came to a conclusion to make a post about it but it seems someone already did. Let's just hope that the staff is going to read this.

Defense missions are always fun but hard alone. These survivalmission would make that a little bit easiere because you don't have to guard stuff except for yourself.

Increasing the rewardsystem for each 5th wave might even be a better idea to get the players to like these kind of missions.

However thinking about how every warframe kinda has a role in solo or teamplay it might be harder for some kind of warframes.

The only think i would like to add is: building structures. I know some warframes,like frost, kinda have the ability to do this already but let's say it like this: You kill an enemy, you get points. Not credits, points. I don't know, let's call them "Buildingpoints". With these buildingpoints you can build barricades at given locations. Maybe even turrets. That would add a lot of strategic defense to the game. However to make this still fair the barricades and turrets would have to get a lifebar so the mobs actually can destroy them. -This might even be a good feature for regular defense missions.

I think that would be a good idea. I have thought about it too and came to a conclusion to make a post about it but it seems someone already did. Let's just hope that the staff is going to read this.

Defense missions are always fun but hard alone. These survivalmission would make that a little bit easiere because you don't have to guard stuff except for yourself.

Increasing the rewardsystem for each 5th wave might even be a better idea to get the players to like these kind of missions.

However thinking about how every warframe kinda has a role in solo or teamplay it might be harder for some kind of warframes.

The only think i would like to add is: building structures. I know some warframes,like frost, kinda have the ability to do this already but let's say it like this: You kill an enemy, you get points. Not credits, points. I don't know, let's call them "Buildingpoints". With these buildingpoints you can build barricades at given locations. Maybe even turrets. That would add a lot of strategic defense to the game. However to make this still fair the barricades and turrets would have to get a lifebar so the mobs actually can destroy them. -This might even be a good feature for regular defense missions.

sounds a bit like tower defense :D but i like your idea

that would be awesome and would be very fun to do.i think haveing some supportive help like turrets and maybe some small structures will be good for the survival missions.i also help the staff see this post too i think alot of people woulod enjoy this type of mission.also true on how some warframes would be at disadvantages example the rhino maybe tough but he is fairly slow and enemies can swarm him.but i know his abilities can fix that lol.but like the stealthier warframes or caster frames would need some help.

I would like to remind everyone that they are, in fact, not playing Space Marine.

then what is defence? its pritty much the same thing so that statment is invalid. dont believe me play dawn of war 2 when you got to defence 1 position.kinda similar to what we are doing in defence. also how is this like that? this about seeing how long you can survive.also it is good to work on combat skills by haveing enemies comeing at you.

then what is defence? its pritty much the same thing so that statment is invalid. dont believe me play dawn of war 2 when you got to defence 1 position.kinda similar to what we are doing in defence. also how is this like that? this about seeing how long you can survive.also it is good to work on combat skills by haveing enemies comeing at you.

Defense is about defending things, its not horde-mode.

Defense is about defending things, its not horde-mode.

oh really? what about the hordes of infested? or the large number of corpus? or the many numbers of grineer? i see they are similar. plus why not have horde-mode as you put it? it would be interesting. also i am sure a good number of people will agree as some have already.that defending the cyropod is abit annoying.yes i know deence is about defending but some of us dont like defending the annoying tube and we just want to take on endless waves of enemies comeing at us.personaly it sounds fun and i know of a few people who would like it too.

I have 2 questions

1. How would you make survival into a mission? In defence missions you defend new tenno in a cryopod until extraction team arrives. What would make tenno do survival mission?

2. If survival missions come, why would anyone play defence missions anymore, since survival would be much easier?

If you don't like defending, don't play defense missions.

Now what Sherlock?

This thread has nothing to do with defense missions. It pertains to a proposed additional mission type called a "survival mission." Confusing, I know.

I have 2 questions

1. How would you make survival into a mission? In defence missions you defend new tenno in a cryopod until extraction team arrives. What would make tenno do survival mission?

2. If survival missions come, why would anyone play defence missions anymore, since survival would be much easier?

i am thinking maybe something like the trials you get when you rank up from silver to gold initiate.

this is mainly a idea of another mission type to add abit more verity to warframe.also survival may sound easier but i have a few ideas to make it hard like you have to kill all the enemies within a time limit or mission fail.

If you don't like defending, don't play defense missions.

Now what Sherlock?

but like what shudra said this is a idea of a mission type.

so what now watson?

also if you dont like then dont post.

Edited by Drake777