Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Tip] Easier way to fight Shield Dargyn on Arch-wing missions

Tehn00bA

Question

So, I'll explain how to do it and why it works. It's not optimal because sometimes doesn't work, but it's still better then depending on specific weapons.

It uses melee attack, so beware of your surroundings when performing. Please, read it all before leaving (since I would read only half of it and say "bullsh*t"

1st - Dash (full throttle) into the enemy and pass very close to him, on its side, but mostly head-on. Once you pass it, do a reverse dash IMMEDIATELY and hit it with your melee once.

Most of the times, you'll take damage in this first hit because and you'll see the enemy in front of you with the shield facing you. (If you get lucky and dont take damage, just finish it.)

2nd - Now quickly spin the camera 180º (giving your back to the enemy) and strike again with your melee. Your warframe will dash behind the enemy. Just finish it off from there on. (you can give only your side, but it has to be more than 90º)

If you BOUNCE on its shield, pull back (or to de side) a little while doing the 3rd strike. If you fail, dash away and try again.

Now, why this works: I noticed that the game kinda priotizes the camera of the player. Sometimes enemies will only engage you when they are on your "vision cone".
The consequence of this prioritization is that, when you try to dash behind the Shield Gardyn, the game pulls you back so you can see it again, while striking, instead of spinning the camera for you, like when you are on foot. When I found out that, since this mechanic is hurting my gameplay, I decided to try the mechanic against itself... and worked. (since the mechanic hurts my Legic tatics of flanking it, I dont consider it an exploit)

I'm a player with Mastery level 5, and Odonata arch-wing with almost no mods, playing on PC using and XBOX controller; so the tatic is noob and console players friendly.
Ps.: Sorry for my bad English

Edited by Tehn00bA

5 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Raniu said:

You're meleeing the target from behind, right?

But attacking the shield Dargyn with a melee head on works fine for me. Just melee them with no fancy turning around.

I get eletric damage with each strike when going head-on only (and eventually dying from the external enemy fire)

Attacking from behind gives me no damage at all.

Edited by Tehn00bA

6 hours ago, Raniu said:

You're meleeing the target from behind, right?

But attacking the shield Dargyn with a melee head on works fine for me. Just melee them with no fancy turning around.

^^this.

just melee them from the front. or use fluctus

(there is no reason not to use fluctus other than not having it, EVER)