Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Helios work with A New Strange?

ZinogreFury

Question

I just finished Stolen Dreams, and am thinking about doing A New Strange next. I have a Helios BP, and am considering making it just for the convenience of not having to manually scan enemies. Knowing that A New Strange requires lots of scanning, does Helios scan properly in that quest?

7 answers to this question

9 hours ago, BahamutsFury said:

I just finished Stolen Dreams, and am thinking about doing A New Strange next. I have a Helios BP, and am considering making it just for the convenience of not having to manually scan enemies. Knowing that A New Strange requires lots of scanning, does Helios scan properly in that quest?

No, it won't.

Helios just does Codex scans.

Synthesis Scans are different, when you turn the scanner on on a Synthesis target, you'll be seeing 4 special spots on it, you have to scan each of them. It's a special scan, 4 in 1.

Synthesis Scans don't count towards Codex.

And you can't use regular Scanner for these, as it only works for Codex scans, while the Synthesis Scanner can do both Codex and Synthesis scans. This is why Helios can use both for this ability to Codex Scan enemies.

1 hour ago, Manyc said:

Synthesis Scans don't count towards Codex.

it is true, but you can use the synthesis scanner on regular enemies too, not just the synthesis targets.

in this case it will count towards the codex, and also give you simaris standing. however, i wouldn't recommend this until you get the sol battery widget, because synthesis scanners are more expensive than regular scanners.

37 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

it is true, but you can use the synthesis scanner on regular enemies too, not just the synthesis targets.

in this case it will count towards the codex, and also give you simaris standing. however, i wouldn't recommend this until you get the sol battery widget, because synthesis scanners are more expensive than regular scanners.

Did you read my whole post before saying that? Check it again, it isn't edited. You're explaining something I also stated there.

3 hours ago, Krumplifej said:

I believe that the sol battery widget doesn't work with Helios.