Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fang Help

EvexNight

Question

I've recently been questioning my fang build.  Right now its currently polarized twice replacing the D polarity with a dash and adding another dash polarity.   The build is built towards damage, since 8% status chance and a 5% critical chance are considered to low to build for.   The question I have plaguing me is a status or critical build actually possible on the fang/fang prime ? I ask this because I know with bullet hose secondaries like the twin wraith vipers if you can get the critical, or status chance up to 50% its acceptable due to the weapons rate of fire.   I was wondering if the same thing could be applied to the fang/fang prime.   I'm well aware this might need fury and lead to lower damage potential, but I'm only really using these weapons on volt/volt prime.  

3 answers to this question

I would say the answer to your question is a sad no to me. Even with True Steel, blood rush and body count you will have to get the combo counter to 3.5 before you are getting crits 50% of the time. I would keep it built for speed and power. But there is another option that you can take. It requires a spin to win play-style. If you use maiming strike you will see crits 95% of the time on slide attacks. This isn't too bad as the damage on a spin attack is far superior than normal attacks. At 5% status is way too low to even consider modding towards imo. If the spin to win strat is the way you want to go, I would go with this build.  http://goo.gl/e5h5WB

1 hour ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

I would say the answer to your question is a sad no to me. Even with True Steel, blood rush and body count you will have to get the combo counter to 3.5 before you are getting crits 50% of the time. I would keep it built for speed and power. But there is another option that you can take. It requires a spin to win play-style. If you use maiming strike you will see crits 95% of the time on slide attacks. This isn't too bad as the damage on a spin attack is far superior than normal attacks. At 5% status is way too low to even consider modding towards imo. If the spin to win strat is the way you want to go, I would go with this build.  http://goo.gl/e5h5WB

Unfortunately maiming strike can only be obtained from misery and violence who are no longer around, and unfortunately I don't own the mod.  I'm also not about to go hunting it down in the market either.  I tweaked your build none the less to get a bit more damage out of it.   I removed life strike, berserker, and body count, replacing them with molten impact, north wind and killing blow.   Does 10,548 damage on spin attacks now versus the previous 3,057 damage of the original build.