Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not sure if I can play with others

Jigoji

Question

So I have pretty bad ping in the 600-1200 range because of satellite internet. I have a friend that I play with and when we do missions things go pretty well. I have about a 1 second delay on actions but killing enemies doesn't have a delay. However I'm worried that if I hop into a pug that I will ruin the experience for everyone. I've joined random squads before and no one directly complained, but it isn't like I can see things from their point of view. Mostly what I'm looking for is suggestions. Should I just play with friends and solo or do something else?

Edited by Jigoji

4 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Jigoji said:

I've joined random squads before and no one directly complained, but it isn't like I can see things from their point of view.

It depends on who's hosting. If you're hosting, everyone might get a bit of lag, but if someone with a decent connection is hosting, you'd be getting the lag. 

Don't let it ruin your experience, there's always going to be people who complain and whine, but who cares? and If its possible, hang with friends who understand. Its a lot easier, and they got your back.

Edited by MidgetsTossingPractice

However I can say this.

The game runs on a Host-Client connection.

EX:                       Client 

Client-Host-Client........Err you get the point, it's like the host is the central atom....and the rest are just atoms paired to the central atom.....like NH3...ammonia.

So if the host's connection is bad, Everyone will complain Host is usually marked by a (Star(Raid, or 1 if changed) or 1 in every other regular mission.)

-------------------------------

Tips: Set your region to the right selection...

----Set your ping limit to .... 300 if not at default...if the you haven't tested the ping in-game....for any kind of warning. (I set mine to 200 ping.....so try setting your ping low and testing your connection with a friend...by joining their squad...and seeing the warning.)

----Finally, I suggest testing out your connection in the public. People will probably leave, or a host migration might occur.

------------------------------------------

Anyway, any specific details on upload/download speed? and can you test your ping multiple times? (EX: Network speed test(Microsoft app) OOkla, or Xfinity speed test?)

I usually do it more than 3 times to check for my internet ping...and speed.

A 1 second delay isn't a huge delay..if you are NOT the host.....if you are the host...I'm just going to leave the squad most likely.

Edited by Magnulast
Removed one line of misinformation.

There is a filter you can choose that will block high ping connections from matchmaking. I think it starts at like 300-400 or so. Chances are if they have it disabled they either didn't know or don't care, so I doubt they will complain much. And those that would complain have the filter on and won't get matched with you.

That being said, unless you are something like Trinity where you need to be on point with energy replenishment in Draco, or some other split second reliant frame (some CC, long runs with enemies that one shot, etc), I wouldn't worry about it.