Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the region and trade chat empty if I change game language but not the region?

DesuTronic

Question

Pretty much what the title says. I changed the language of my game but not the region and I checked the region is still the same but now the trade chat and region chat are either completely empty or only have a few people in them. While as before there where hundreds of people in each.

5 answers to this question

it might be the case that the chat servers you choose and the language you play on (or in?) both decide what server you will use. That means, that if the combination of your Server Location and your Launcher Language isn't that common you might find a lot less ppl than you would with more common combinations...

Just now, Serafim_94 said:

i'm pretty sure different languages go to different chat servers. Becouse otherwise every second chat message would be in russian.

Russian had it's own region created, which could prevent this from happen. Regardless, OP should still verify and optimize, which DE recommends occurring regularly.

17 minutes ago, Tobiah said:

Russian had it's own region created, which could prevent this from happen. Regardless, OP should still verify and optimize, which DE recommends occurring regularly.

It's not exactly like that. Russian region is nearly dead, with most of us playing in Europe. Yet none of the banter leaks into english chat, and vice versa. Despite the fact that there are bunch of people who don't speak english at all who get in my groups quite often. :P