Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

*An Black Xiphos ship flies towards the rail, however as it begins landing, it suddenly shifts into a white Xiphos as it lands, as it lands the door opens up and a Light-Black, almost gray Equinox exits the landing craft, she wears full pakal armor, the same color to her, however the most notable feature is that she has kept same aura/light colors as light-blue, it brightly shines the Sentient's logo*

*She steps out* Hello?, *She says* I'm here looking for a few things to buy and I tought this place whuold be worth a visit..*The scanners seem to be blocked by what ever is inside her ship, it seems very hard to bypass*

12 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus followed the Helios without even paying attention to what was out the window.

The sentinel led him down a hallway, taking the occasional turn, until it reached a door marked with the Corpus lettering for "observation chamber" on it.  It chirped twice and zoomed back the way it came.  The door was partially open, and Foleus could hear the occasional mechanical whir coming from inside.

4 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*An Black Xiphos ship flies towards the rail, however as it begins landing, it suddenly shifts into a white Xiphos as it lands, as it lands the door opens up and a Light-Black, almost gray Equinox exits the landing craft, she wears full pakal armor, the same color to her, however the most notable feature is that she has kept same aura/light colors as light-blue, it brightly shines the Sentient's logo*

*She steps out* Hello?, *She says* I'm here looking for a few things to buy and I tought this place whuold be worth a visit..*The scanners seem to be blocked by what ever is inside her ship, it seems very hard to bypass*

The Rail Control officer looks at the ship. Nothing in the scanners. He lazily opens a channel and yawns.

"Roger." He says. "Clear for punch."

The rail spins up.

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

The sentinel led him down a hallway, taking the occasional turn, until it reached a door marked with the Corpus lettering for "observation chamber" on it.  It chirped twice and zoomed back the way it came.  The door was partially open, and Foleus could hear the occasional mechanical whir coming from inside.

Foleus walked into the room, looking around as he entered.

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Rail Control officer looks at the ship. Nothing in the scanners. He lazily opens a channel and yawns.

The rail spins up.

Simon bursts into the room.

"What are you doing?" He demands.

"Watching traffic." Lazy Techincal officer 375 says. "Boring day."

"That ship was blocking our scanners." He shouts. "And you just let it pass."

"I don't get paid to check everything." The Tech says. "In fact I don't get paid at all."

"You get paid by being given safe haven from the Grineer and Corous." Simon says. "And if you cannot aid in maintaining that safer then you will not benefit from it."

He opens a channel to Darrin.

"Darrin we have a Xiphos with scanner resistant systems." He says. "Full power to the void echo scanners and weapons."

He bolts from the room and the Tech yawns.

"So uptight about everything." He says. "Dude needs to chill."

Edited by Rakawan

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The rail spins up.

*She nods* Thank you *She says, as she walks back, enters the ship and jumps and begins to land on the world*

*She smiles under her helmet*

You see, they are not monster or an Infestation? Well, I call it unity!, *She pets the Broodmother and walks over to the chirping maggot to see what it wants*

You see, they...*Her voice suddenly changes a deep male voice* WE ARE NOT MONSTERSsssssss! *Her voice returns to normal and looks around a tat-bit confused, as if she blacked out for half a second*

(Think like Jordis's voice when he gets corrupted)

2 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus walked into the room, looking around as he entered.

It was your standard laboratory room.  Machines and instruments all over the place.  A partially disassembled Riot Moa lay on a table in a corner.  A lot of lights were blinking on and off at various intervals on a large computer panel against the back wall.  A Tech sat in a chair with his feet on the conference table, rapidly swiping at a touchpad.  A game of Stellar Cartographer VI was being projected into the air in front of him.  He looked up as Foleus walked in, then turned back to his game.  "Oh, hey.  Come on in.  I've still got two minutes; this'll be over before then."

It was your standard laboratory room.  Machines and instruments all over the place.  A partially disassembled Riot Moa lay on a table in a corner.  A lot of lights were blinking on and off at various intervals on a large computer panel against the back wall.  A Tech sat in a chair with his feet on the conference table, rapidly swiping at a touchpad.  A game of Stellar Cartographer VI was being projected into the air in front of him.  He looked up as Foleus walked in, then turned back to his game.  "Oh, hey.  Come on in.  I've still got two minutes; this'll be over before then."

Foleus nodded.

"Sure, take your time, finish your game. Relaxation is key to staying focused, after all. I'll prepare my schematics, tools and materials. I'll be done in exactly 54 seconds."

He then started his preparations.

5 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus nodded.

"Sure, take your time, finish your game. Relaxation is key to staying focused, after all. I'll prepare my schematics, tools and materials. I'll be done in exactly 54 seconds."

He then started his preparations.

Exactly 51 seconds later, the game ended.  The words "TOTAL OBLITERATION" flashed on the screen.  The Tech sighed, took his feet of the table, and sat forward.  "It's still too easy...  Oh well.  I suppose I should introduce myself.  My name is Cephalon Z4r31H.  You can call me Zareth."

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

Exactly 51 seconds later, the game ended.  The words "TOTAL OBLITERATION" flashed on the screen.  The Tech sighed, took his feet of the table, and sat forward.  "It's still too easy...  Oh well.  I suppose I should introduce myself.  My name is Cephalon Z4r31H.  You can call me Zareth."

Exactly three seconds later, Foleus looked up.

"I'm Foleus. All you need to know, Zareth. What exactly is it you needed help with?"

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Darrin we have a Xiphos with scanner resistant systems." He says. "Full power to the void echo scanners and weapons."

Darrin had expected something like this to happen eventually, but hearing it still gave him a headache.  "Charge all weapons and scanners, Protocol 43. We have a stealth-capable unknown inbound."  Following Protocol 43, what remained of the fleet positioned itself around the rail, ready to act as relays for the Fomorian's scanners.  It was overkill for a single ship entering from a known point, but that was one of Darrin's specialties.  As the ship exited punch, it's contents were laid bare.  Whether or not the operator in that ship knew, that's another matter.  "This is Arbiter Darrin of Miraalan, specify identification, purpose, and cargo."

2 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Exactly three seconds later, Foleus looked up.

"I'm Foleus. All you need to know, Zareth. What exactly is it you needed help with?"

"We've been working on making some... upgrades to some of our standard units.  We received reports that the Arbiters are working on this project, and we need to make sure we can defend ourselves.  Steel Meridian and New Loka have already completed their projects, and their new units... far exceed our current combat capabilities.  If we wish to remain strong in the face of the other Syndicates, we must improve ourselves as well."  A hologram clicked on above the table.  "Our current idea is a Proto-Moa, returning to the roots of proxy construction while applying modern technology."  A two-legged version of the Dark Sector Jackal was modeled above the table.  "We're also looking into giving some Moas sniper rifles, but that's more long-term.  The programming is not going as well as we hoped."  A screen behind him clicked on to show Moas shooting everything except the target across the room, and occasionally being carried backwards into the wall by immense recoil.  "Do you have any ideas that could help with either of these projects?"

"We've been working on making some... upgrades to some of our standard units.  We received reports that the Arbiters are working on this project, and we need to make sure we can defend ourselves.  Steel Meridian and New Loka have already completed their projects, and their new units... far exceed our current combat capabilities.  If we wish to remain strong in the face of the other Syndicates, we must improve ourselves as well."  A hologram clicked on above the table.  "Our current idea is a Proto-Moa, returning to the roots of proxy construction while applying modern technology."  A two-legged version of the Dark Sector Jackal was modeled above the table.  "We're also looking into giving some Moas sniper rifles, but that's more long-term.  The programming is not going as well as we hoped."  A screen behind him clicked on to show Moas shooting everything except the target across the room, and occasionally being carried backwards into the wall by immense recoil.  "Do you have any ideas that could help with either of these projects?"

"Three ideas. First, give them shock absorbers. Those absorb both damage and recoil. Second, try particle acceleration snipers. Those don't even HAVE recoil. Third, try mixing in Prime parts. Be they Warframe or Weapon, they can function as great upgrades."

47 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"Three ideas. First, give them shock absorbers. Those absorb both damage and recoil. Second, try particle acceleration snipers. Those don't even HAVE recoil. Third, try mixing in Prime parts. Be they Warframe or Weapon, they can function as great upgrades."

"That footage was WITH the shock absorbers." said Zareth with a sigh.  "The Prime parts thing is good, I'll have them try that with the next batch.  Particle acceleration snipers require a ton of energy, and if they overload, it'll burn out the Moa's processor.  Against Tenno or Suda, it doesn't end well.  Too much extra electricity.  If we could find a way to fix that, though..."

"That footage was WITH the shock absorbers." said Zareth with a sigh.  "The Prime parts thing is good, I'll have them try that with the next batch.  Particle acceleration snipers require a ton of energy, and if they overload, it'll burn out the Moa's processor.  Against Tenno or Suda, it doesn't end well.  Too much extra electricity.  If we could find a way to fix that, though..."

"That's easy. Motion Capacitors. As for overall upgrades, I have some ideas for that too."

On 6/10/2016 at 6:56 PM, KuraioNokami said:

"That's easy. Motion Capacitors. As for overall upgrades, I have some ideas for that too."

"The Moas' leg joints exhibit severely impeded movement when using motion capacitors.  That's probably a programming issue, but we're sorely understaffed in that department right now..."  The holoTech threw his hands up in frustration.  "Never mind.  I'm all by myself here most days.  It gets rather annoying having to put up with the BS they give me.  Now, let's talk about your other ideas."

Edited by Yzjdriel

6 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"The Moas' leg joints exhibit severely impeded movement when using motion capacitors.  That's probably a programming issue, but we're sorely understaffed in that department right now..."  The holoTech threw his hands up in frustration.  "Never mind.  I'm all by myself here most days.  It gets rather annoying having to put up with the BS they give me.  Now, let's talk about your other ides."

"I meant Motion Capacitors in the particle acceleration snipers. They'll generate their own energy that way. Anyway, I have four ideas, the first being an ASM."

12 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"I meant Motion Capacitors in the particle acceleration snipers. They'll generate their own energy that way. Anyway, I have four ideas, the first being an ASM."

"I see...  Yes...  Yes, that could work.  Yes.  I'll get right on that."  Zareth sounded excited about the new idea.  "What, Anti-Ship Missiles?  I'm afraid I'm not sure what you're referring to."

6 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I see...  Yes...  Yes, that could work.  Yes.  I'll get right on that."  Zareth sounded excited about the new idea.  "What, Anti-Ship Missiles?  I'm afraid I'm not sure what you're referring to."

"No, no, an Adaptive Shield Matrix. It adapts, much like a Sentient does."

3 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"No need. I have some on me." Foleus answered nonchalantly.

"EXCELLENT," declared Zareth loudly.  "Sorry, sorry.  I get overzealous sometimes.  Do you know how to connect them to Corpus systems, or will this be trial-and-error?"