The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Felicity looks at the specs.

"That would depend on the propellant we used in the firing mechanism." She says. "If we wanted radiation rounds we would have to use slugs. And even then it would need a long barrel and much stronger mag-rails to be on par with that rifle."

"So that gotta use slugs? I think i rather just use bladed rounds than. I prefer having the multiple pellets." 

4 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"So that gotta use slugs? I think i rather just use bladed rounds than. I prefer having the multiple pellets." 

"Multiple pellets are better." Felicity says. "Slugs tend to lose impact over long distance. I still don't know how Ryoko got that Rubico to keep it's damage."

She looks at the stats.

"We have several firing mechanisms." She says. "We culd use a rail system, solid form powder, liquid propellant, or a pressure chamber."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Multiple pellets are better." Felicity says. "Slugs tend to lose impact over long distance. I still don't know how Ryoko got that Rubico to keep it's damage."

She looks at the stats.

"We have several firing mechanisms." She says. "We culd use a rail system, solid form powder, liquid propellant, or a pressure chamber."

"The rail system sounds good to me. Although i have never head of this liquid propellant system."

18 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"The rail system sounds good to me. Although i have never head of this liquid propellant system."

"The Drakgoon uses it apparently." Felicity says. "Okay for rail systems we have two, a single stage and a charge system."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The Drakgoon uses it apparently." Felicity says. "Okay for rail systems we have two, a single stage and a charge system."

"I take the charge system would lead to more powerful shots?"

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Simon receives the data and opens a channel.

"Terminus connection in place." He says. "Awaiting response. Please be aware that long range beacons may be used to boost reception if the rail needs to transfer channels. It should work fine, but there may be a slight delay."

Melanie folds her hands and adjusts her robe while she waits for the Commander to respond.

The wide holographic window opened shortly, depicting a crimson Rhino prime either considering something or trying to meditate in the cabin of a ship. A perceptive person would see that there were soft, barely noticeable flame tounges of the void origin emerging around the person; the uncommon greatsword behind Rhino's back emitted even brighter light, probably reacting to its owner's Madurai powers; in the background, there was an intense exchange of radio messages, featuring incoming phrases like: "Carrier seventeen, report your status", "three hundred seconds before entering the zone of operation", "This is wing L-9, ready for action in full force", "Bombing wave one, report your fuel levels" and etc. The Rhino remained silent for about five seconds, then he lifted his frame's helmet and acknowledged the entities by the other side of the transmission.

"In time as always, Therese" he spoke collected, "And with whom do I have the honor to speak?" 

Major gulped slightly, realizing that she didn't get to know Chancellor's name.

"This is Phenix's Chancellor... " she stumbled, "She is in power to lead the diplomatic affairs"

The Rhino shifted his gaze on the Chancellor, probably expecting her to say something and seemingly ignoring the major's previous sentence.

Edited by Teloch

16 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The wide holographic window opened shortly, depicting a crimson Rhino prime either considering something or trying to meditate in the cabin of a ship. A perceptive person would see that there were soft, barely noticeable flame tounges of the void origin emerging around the person; the uncommon greatsword behind Rhino's back emitted even brighter light, probably reacting to it's owners Madurai powers; in the background, there was an intense exchange of radio messages, featuring incoming phrases like: "Carrier seventeen, report your status", "three hundred seconds before entering the zone of operation", "This is wing L-9, ready for action in full force", "Bombing wave one, report your fuel levels" and etc. The Rhino remained silent for about five seconds, then he lifted his frame's helmet and acknowledged the entities by the other side of the transmission.

"In time as always, Therese" he spoke collected, "And with whom do I have the honor to speak?" 

Major gulped slightly, realizing that she didn't get to know Chancellor's name.

"This is Phenix's Chancellor... " she stumbled, "She is in power to lead the diplomatic affairs"

The Rhino shifted his gaze on the Chancellor, probably expecting her to say something, and seemingly ignoring the major's previous sentence.

Melanie rise to her feet and bows.

"My name is Melanie." She says. "I am Chancellor of Phenix. I am most impressed with the demonstrations of your troops' prowess, both planned and unplanned."

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Melanie rise to her feet and bows.

"My name is Melanie." She says. "I am Chancellor of Phenix. I am most impressed with the demonstrations of your troops' prowess, both planned and unplanned."

The Rhino made a half-bow in return.

"Colonel Teloch Siger of White Tiger's Cove. That is how our force had been called before we rose beyond the borders of a militant group. But the previous glory sticks, and so our old name persists among the masses"  

He leaned back after completing the introduction ritual

"Unplanned?" he slightly tilted his head to the left side, "Care to elaborate via providing more detailed feedback?"

"At the cost of time, yes." She says. "And delays to fire rate."

"Well i have plenty of experience with the lanka on both long and close range i'm sure i will be fine handling it. One question though is there any option for a quick shot without charging? Ya know for just that one unpredictable situation."

10 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The Rhino made a half-bow in return.

"Colonel Teloch Siger of White Tiger's Cove. That is how our force had been called before we rose beyond the borders of a militant group. But the previous glory sticks, and so our old name persists among the masses"  

He leaned back after completing the introduction ritual

"Unplanned?" he slightly tilted his head to the left side, "Care to elaborate via providing more detailed feedback?"

Melanie sits and smooths out her robes.

"I was somewhat hoping you might have more information on that as well." She said. "We had a visit, from some friends of an individual who might be familiar to you. Stalker. The Stalker."

She leans forward.

"Can you think of any reason such an individual would send a veritable army to our planet?" She asks. "Nine Acolytes, to be precise. Four of whom do not match any previous encounters."

She transmits an recording of the incident, along with a report from Simon about how a cloaked ship had slipped through the rails and been shot down by the Formorian.

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Well i have plenty of experience with the lanka on both long and close range i'm sure i will be fine handling it. One question though is there any option for a quick shot without charging? Ya know for just that one unpredictable situation."

An image appears of the mechanism firing.

"It is possible." Felicity says. "But implementing such a system would decrease the impact of both modes."

An image appears of the mechanism firing.

"It is possible." Felicity says. "But implementing such a system would decrease the impact of both modes."

"How about the heat? is that still a problem with this model? Other wise we might be able to utilise it for a quick fire mode."

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

"How about the heat? is that still a problem with this model? Other wise we might be able to utilise it for a quick fire mode."

Tap tap.

"The heat was due to the plasma nature of the gun." Felicity says. "Hmm, with the charge syste. We could actually reintroduce plasma charges to the pellets. It would supplement for the low damage."

Tap tap.

"The heat was due to the plasma nature of the gun." Felicity says. "Hmm, with the charge syste. We could actually reintroduce plasma charges to the pellets. It would supplement for the low damage."

"Well if it can make up for the low damage i don't see a reason to not use it. But does it work with the not charging?"

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

"Well if it can make up for the low damage i don't see a reason to not use it. But does it work with the not charging?"

"It could still work with the single stage rail." Felicity says. "But then we'd have to introduce some cooling system, or a fire rate reduction."

"It could still work with the single stage rail." Felicity says. "But then we'd have to introduce some cooling system, or a fire rate reduction."

"Mmh i think a cooling system would be better with the missions i do. Not being able to fire a shot again in a second less has proven pretty damned dangerous."

46 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Melanie sits and smooths out her robes.

"I was somewhat hoping you might have more information on that as well." She said. "We had a visit, from some friends of an individual who might be familiar to you. Stalker. The Stalker."

She leans forward.

"Can you think of any reason such an individual would send a veritable army to our planet?" She asks. "Thirteen Acolytes, to be precise. Four of whom do not match any previous encounters."

She transmits an recording of the incident, along with a report from Simon about how a cloaked ship had slipped through the rails and been shot down by the Formorian.

The man supported his head with his left hand and probably aimed his gaze into nothingness while listening to the audio messages. He remained in a such pose for about a minute after the last record ended.

"Definitely not a simple reconnaissance in force: they partially knew what would wait for them," he regained the normal posture, "There is one or more sentients agents prowling your planet at the moment. The fact they managed to slip by the rail scanning could mean two things: either they have an access to the rail control systems and navigations implying you need to execute security protocols change and some witch-hunting work, or they had an informant from the times before you highjacked the mentioned fomorian. Either way, knowing their mentality, their goal is bounded to something that is relevant to the Origin system. The easiest answer would be that they want to prevent the establishment of the Tenno safe harbor, but that's hardly the whole truth behind their actions. An access to any sort of assets that interact with the void energies? Maybe..."

He made a pause and straightened his back a bit. In the background, yet another message slipped by: "two hundred forty seconds before entering the zone of operation" 

"The fact I see you, Therese, and Ulf, means that the assault was fended off" He turned to Therese Bloom, "I expect an expanded field report on this matter, Major, and looking forward to discuss your actions during the evac operation. I have questions, and you probably suspect what questions that will be" 

Therese nervously scratched the nape of her helmet. Anyone could tell that she felt not entirely comfortable after that mention. Ulf - the Frost - impersonated a piece of stone: so anxious he felt in this company.

"But back to our main topic: the deal was that we do the demonstrational job, then the discussion of your payment and our propositions follows," he refocused on Melanie, "I'm all ears"

Edited by Teloch

29 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Mmh i think a cooling system would be better with the missions i do. Not being able to fire a shot again in a second less has proven pretty damned dangerous."

"Single stage would fix that." Felicity says. "That way you don't have to worry as much about charge cool down."

"Single stage would fix that." Felicity says. "That way you don't have to worry as much about charge cool down."

"True... i guess single stage is the way i'm better of swinging." 

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The man supported his head with his left hand and probably aimed his gaze into nothingness while listening to the audio messages. He remained in a such pose for about a minute after the last record ended.

"Definitely not a simple reconnaissance in force: they partially knew what would wait for them," he regained the normal posture, "There is one or more sentients agents prowling your planet at the moment. The fact they managed to slip by the rail scanning could mean two things: either they have an access to the rail control systems and navigations implying you need to execute security protocols change and some witch-hunting work, or they had an informant from the times before you highjacked the mentioned fomorian. Either way, knowing their mentality, their goal is bounded to something that is relevant to the Origin system. The easiest answer would be that they want to prevent the establishment of the Tenno safe harbor, but that's hardly the whole truth behind their actions. An access to any sort of assets that interact with the void energies? Maybe..."

He made a pause and straightened his back a bit. In the background, yet another message slipped by: "two hundred forty minutes before entering the zone of operation" 

"The fact I see you, Therese, and Ulf, means that the assault was fended off" He turned to Therese Bloom, "I expect an expanded field report on this matter, Major, and looking forward to discuss your actions during the evac operation. I have questions, and you probably suspect what questions that will be" 

Therese nervously scratched the nape of her helmet. Anyone could tell that she felt not entirely comfortable after that mention. Ulf - the Frost - impersonated a piece of stone: so anxious he felt in this company.

"But back to our main topic: the deal was that we do the demonstrational job, then the discussion of your payment and our propositions follows," he refocused on Melanie, "I'm all ears"

"The Sentient being is under the control of a Tenno agent." Melanie says. "It is a simple drone. Tenno intelligence suggests that Stalker's use of Sentient technology is due more to salvage than any continued partnership."

Melanie pauses.

"We do have several bits of research requiring void energies, and thus the tech to focus and contain it." She says. "But nothing that would be useful to someone who already possesses his powers."

"As for payment". She says. "Name your price. We can pay you for services rendered in credits. We also have a few resources that may be useful: fighter ships, transport ships, that sort of thing. of course if you entered into a contract we would provide additional support as needed."

10 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"True... i guess single stage is the way i'm better of swinging." 

"We can use modules to change the damage up once it's been fabricated." Felicity says. "Rail should have minimum recoil, so stablizers will be less necessary."

The gun design hovers in the air.

"Which brings us back to what to do with the extra space." She says.

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The Sentient being is under the control of a Tenno agent." Melanie says. "It is a simple drone. Tenno intelligence suggests that Stalker's use of Sentient technology is due more to salvage than any continued partnership."

Melanie pauses.

"We do have several bits of research requiring void energies, and thus the tech to focus and contain it." She says. "But nothing that would be useful to someone who already possesses his powers."

"As for payment". She says. "Name your price. We can pay you for services rendered in credits. We also have a few resources that may be useful: fighter ships, transport ships, that sort of thing. of course if you entered into a contract we would provide additional support as needed."

Teloch shook his head at the mention of a "friendly" sentient drone; he did not comment that, though. 

When Melanie counts the ways of payment, He freezes still, his "icy" glance drilling a single spot on the control panel. An experienced psychologist would characterize such behavior as "Not impressed"; but still - he did not comment. Instead of saying something, he turns the camera in the direction of the carrier's radar. One can see half a hundred of friendly vessels signatures of all various sizes, starting from scout ships and finishing with frigates.

He sighed, "We do not need a craft made "on the side", and credits are the least of our problems" he returned the camera to a previous position. "But we need resources. Rare resources and cheap man-hours. You need protection, we want assets. So that is why we propose you to establish a joint venture." He looked somewhere to the side, "It is a very fortunate circumstance that we evacuated miners; we would be happy to provide them with work on your territory, and to warranty their and everybody else security in exchange of needed materials that are cheaper compared to the Terminus analogs. Our potential partnership may start from a simple mining company and may grow up to the heights of complicated production, scientific exchange and projects cooperation, should it only be beneficial. The more of our interests will lie in your space, the higher we will be motivated to protect them as well as you. Basically, we ask for the very same thing that serves as a name for your project" He leaned slightly forward "Your word, Counsellor"

15 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Teloch shook his head at the mention of a "friendly" sentient drone; he did not comment that, though. 

When Melanie counts the ways of payment, He freezes still, his "icy" glance drilling a single spot on the control panel. An experienced psychologist would characterize such behavior as "Not impressed"; but still - he did not comment. Instead of saying something, he turns the camera in the direction of the carrier's radar. One can see half a hundred of friendly vessels signatures of all various sizes, starting from scout ships and finishing with frigates.

He sighed, "We do not need a craft made "on the side", and credits are the least of our problems" he returned the camera to a previous position. "But we need resources. Rare resources and cheap man-hours. You need protection, we want assets. So that is why we propose you to establish a joint venture." He looked somewhere to the side, "It is a very fortunate circumstance that we evacuated miners; we would be happy to provide them with work on your territory, and to warranty their and everybody else security in exchange of needed materials that are cheaper compared to the Terminus analogs. Our potential partnership may start from a simple mining company and may grow up to the heights of complicated production, scientific exchange and projects cooperation, should it only be beneficial. The more of our interests will lie in your space, the higher we will be motivated to protect them as well as you. Basically, we ask for the very same thing that serves as a name for your project" He leaned slightly forward "Your word, Counsellor"

Melanie smiles.

"Despite his initial impression." She says. "I think Arbiter Ryoko would like you. He has always wished Tenno would be more involved with Synergy. More bodies means more strength."

She folds her hands.

"Theylin evacuated those miners." She says. "But your assistance in that matter is neither overlooked nor without thanks. For payment of that we can provide 1 million units of the standard resources and fifty thousand of the rarer ones. Or..."

She gestures to a newly appeared map of the planet.

"You will notice that Phenix has three continents." She says. "We have long wanted to expand to the other two, however we have lacked the numbers." 

She leans back.

"With the miners that were rescued, and your proposal, and idea has occurred to me." She says. "These continents are rich in resources, and with Theylin's fleet we now have greater transport capabilities. While the civilians will likely remain on this continent it would not be inconceivable to start a mining station on the other continent. Day to day transportation would be handled by Theylin, so as not to strain your fleets."

"However." she says. "You would operate under the same charter as Clan Miraalan. Phenix would be your home, but not your dominion. My family has paid for this planet in blood and we will not allow others to divide it into personal kingdoms."

She seems to relax.

"In short I am willing to enter a joint venture." She says. "With some caveats. the continent would be your land, not your dominion. The civilians would be workers, but still citizens of Synergy."