The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Felicity looks over your shoulder at the Vectos Variant.

"An interesting variant." She says. "What motivated you to make it?"

Nox looks at the weapon, the Vectis Variant slowly drifting back into an exploded view, showing it's inner workings and he future plans.

"It started out as something that couldbe piloted by an ivara. Through testing however, it performed remarkably well, and has grown into on of my major pet projects. It does it's job, and very well, but I'm not done with it just yet. Though, to be perfectly honest I've only finished two projects so far, one of them being the glaive prime on my shoulder."

She tugs the oversized throwing weapon off her shoulder, balancing it on a finger.

44 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Melanie smiles.

"I am not embarrassed not do I view you with any less respect." She says. "I have dealt with many Tenno. Some slaughter thousands of Grineer and act as if it was just a game. Others discuss a single weapon modification as if it was life and death."

She seems to relax as you step into the Citadel and the doors close.

"Of you need rest there is a room set aside, fully equipped with a Somatic link. If you feel such is necessary." She says. "I well understand feeling overwhelmed. When my husband passed away the rulership of Phenix fell to me. As did funeral arrangements, council reports, and raising our child, still. Every choice I made was contested and challenged, every attempt to restore order stymied."

She sighs.

"As for negotiations. They went as I had expected. I would like to discuss the percentage allocation of resources and other matters when you are ready." She says. "As for your commander. As I said most Tenno are more laid back. More... Relaxed. Warriors they may be, but even Miraalan do not take everything so seriously."

"Although it won't help in any way, but you have my condolences," Therese said quietly, "Anyway, having some rest would be good. Still, I'll try to finish my chores before kicking the boots off"

She looked at Ulf, who seem to be overenergized comparing to her

"Can I ask for a guide who would provide a tour around main settlements for this jolly walrus? Scouting the surroundings and the general colony state may be a good use of him while I finish the "paper" jobs"

Edited by Teloch

13 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Although it won't help in any way, but you have my condolences," Therese said quietly, "Anyway, having some rest would be good. Still, I'll try to finish my chores before kicking the boots off"

She looked at Ulf, who seem to be overenergized comparing to her

"Can I ask for a guide who would provide a tour around main settlements for this jolly walrus? Scouting the surroundings and the general colony state may be a good use of him while I finish the "paper" jobs"

Melanie falls her headset and then nods.

"Ryoko is taking the Zariman, our newest Dreadnought, for a test drive." She says. "I'm sure he would not mind if you dropped by for a look around. From the skies you can see the area better. After that he can give you a tour of the area."

She taps a few keys on her armpad.

"He will be waiting for you to dock. It's the giant Orokin style ship, you can't miss it."

((See descriptions of the Zariman and the damaged Dreadnoughts earlier. Or imagine the Orokin ships you sometimes get when using a void key. This is a larger version.))

Melanie gestures to a Robed figure.

"Maurice will lead you to the room." She says. "The euquipmemtncan sync your Warframe to your transference signal while you sleep. If this is your first time I wouldn't recommend anything beyond desk work."

39 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Nox looks at the weapon, the Vectis Variant slowly drifting back into an exploded view, showing it's inner workings and he future plans.

"It started out as something that couldbe piloted by an ivara. Through testing however, it performed remarkably well, and has grown into on of my major pet projects. It does it's job, and very well, but I'm not done with it just yet. Though, to be perfectly honest I've only finished two projects so far, one of them being the glaive prime on my shoulder."

She tugs the oversized throwing weapon off her shoulder, balancing it on a finger.

Felicity looks at the potential upgrades.

"Barrel is a bit thin for a rail system." She says. "A coil system might work but without proper housing it would look out of place."

13 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Understood." Felicity says. "Installing component."

You look at the weapon and see that it is nearly finished. The trigger mechanism is the only part left open.

"One thing left." Felicity says. "Besides naming it of course."

"Well a simple single shot trigger works for me." Cynthia replied to her thinking of a name for the weapon.

She didn't pay much attention when Felicity walked away to help Nox, nor did the talk about the orokin interest her much. She never cared much about the orokin. not now and not back then. Before the war she was born in one of the poor districts of the orokin empire. Most of her days bach then where spend by exploring, observing people move around. That exact thing was also what also gave her a chance. Some orokin guard noticed how easily she moved around and approached her. He told her that she could get a shot at living outside these orokin slums. She took the chance as quickly as it was offered. Well untill she learned she would fight on the frontlines. 

She just knew that a couple of weeks later she ended up on the Zariman, for reasons she doesn't recall anymore. The void incident happend and afterwards she doesn't recall much. Margulis never said much to her either. Yet it seemed like someone who was important to alot of tenno. 

But like already was mentioned she doesn't care much about the past or present of the Orokin. As long as they aren't trying to kill her she is fine with them,

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Felicity looks at the potential upgrades.

"Barrel is a bit thin for a rail system." She says. "A coil system might work but without proper housing it would look out of place."

Nox nods, feeding the adjustments to Eon. Within seconds the barrel seems to widen in the holographic additions, in addition to a little height to keep the barrel from getting flimsy under stress. The ornamentation does not seem to change, other than making room for additions.

"I often find myself wishing that orbiter based foundries were not so limited. One tends to notice it the more they tinker with Orokin tech. Of course these additions seem elementary, the trouble is getting the weapon to work with them."

Edited by BulletsforTeeth

1 hour ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Nox nods, feeding the adjustments to Eon. Within seconds the barrel seems to widen in the holographic additions, in addition to a little height to keep the barrel from getting flimsy under stress. The ornamentation does not seem to change, other than making room for additions.

"I often find myself wishing that orbiter based foundries were not so limited. One tends to notice it the more they tinker with Orokin tech. Of course these additions seem elementary, the trouble is getting the weapon to work with them."

Felicity looks at you.

"You know if you joined Synergy you could have your own lab here. Running missions would require a rail, but it's not that much of a hassle. I'm sure our weapons division would love to have someone like you on staff. There aren't many requirements. A background and record check, and a weekly tribute of 5,000 ferrite or equivalent in other resources. Small price for such facilities."

She taps on the table.

"I could create an interactive model." She says. "But that would require Deconstructive scanning, though you could refabricate the weapon afterwards. Otherwise we'd have to build the current model from scratch into the system."

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

"Well a simple single shot trigger works for me." Cynthia replied to her thinking of a name for the weapon.

She didn't pay much attention when Felicity walked away to help Nox, nor did the talk about the orokin interest her much. She never cared much about the orokin. not now and not back then. Before the war she was born in one of the poor districts of the orokin empire. Most of her days bach then where spend by exploring, observing people move around. That exact thing was also what also gave her a chance. Some orokin guard noticed how easily she moved around and approached her. He told her that she could get a shot at living outside these orokin slums. She took the chance as quickly as it was offered. Well untill she learned she would fight on the frontlines. 

She just knew that a couple of weeks later she ended up on the Zariman, for reasons she doesn't recall anymore. The void incident happend and afterwards she doesn't recall much. Margulis never said much to her either. Yet it seemed like someone who was important to alot of tenno. 

But like already was mentioned she doesn't care much about the past or present of the Orokin. As long as they aren't trying to kill her she is fine with them,

Felicity looks back at you.

"Ahena please translate controls for Cynthia." She says. "Once you have the trigger installed please start the fabrication process. Once that's underway you could help us here, explore synergy. Or I could rush assembly, and let you field test."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Felicity looks back at you.

"Ahena please translate controls for Cynthia." She says. "Once you have the trigger installed please start the fabrication process. Once that's underway you could help us here, explore synergy. Or I could rush assembly, and let you field test."

"Will do! Now that you mentioned exploring this place, how big is this planet anyway?"

10 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Will do! Now that you mentioned exploring this place, how big is this planet anyway?"

Felicity laughs.

"Planet sized." She says. "About the half the size of earth. Most of he planet is covered in water and the rest in forests or plains. We've chosen this location because it is close to the water and relatively clear."

She looks at you.

"Of you want to go exploring I recommend either sticking to civilized areas or joining a hunting group. There are things in the forest that haven't learned to fear Tenno, and would be best left alone."

Felicity laughs.

"Planet sized." She says. "About the half the size of earth. Most of he planet is covered in water and the rest in forests or plains. We've chosen this location because it is close to the water and relatively clear."

She looks at you.

"Of you want to go exploring I recommend either sticking to civilized areas or joining a hunting group. There are things in the forest that haven't learned to fear Tenno, and would be best left alone."

"So is this like the only land? i reckon there is more." 

5 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"So is this like the only land? i reckon there is more." 

"There are two other continents." Felicity says. "We have patrols fly over daily but until recently we have not had the manpower to begin settling."

"There are two other continents." Felicity says. "We have patrols fly over daily but until recently we have not had the manpower to begin settling."

"I'm sure you will find someone willing to provide that manpower. But my clan is too busy with other projects right now,"

2 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"I'm sure you will find someone willing to provide that manpower. But my clan is too busy with other projects right now,"

"Of course." Felicity says. "You could perhaps explore the capital city, if you wish. Or walk around the labs. I'm sure a few technicians would welcome an extra set of eyes."

Edited by Rakawan

"Of course." Felicity says. "You could perhaps explore the capital city, if you wish. Or walk around the labs. I'm sure a few technicians would welcome an extra set of eyes."

"I reckon i rather finish this gun first. See how it does in the field."

2 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"I reckon i rather finish this gun first. See how it does in the field."

The console shows that the single state trigger has been installed. The gun so still lever action, though this should not be problematic as it would fire similar to the Sybaris. You see an option to begin fabrication, as well as a request for quantity.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The console shows that the single state trigger has been installed. The gun so still lever action, though this should not be problematic as it would fire similar to the Sybaris. You see an option to begin fabrication, as well as a request for quantity.

"You reckon any of your soldiers in the field would have interest in using a gun like this, Felicity?"

28 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Felicity looks at you.

"You know if you joined Synergy you could have your own lab here. Running missions would require a rail, but it's not that much of a hassle. I'm sure our weapons division would love to have someone like you on staff. There aren't many requirements. A background and record check, and a weekly tribute of 5,000 ferrite or equivalent in other resources. Small price for such facilities."

She taps on the table.

"I could create an interactive model." She says. "But that would require Deconstructive scanning, though you could refabricate the weapon afterwards. Otherwise we'd have to build the current model from scratch into the system."

Nox seems to perk up at the idea of joining a planetside colony, rather excited at the idea of having more advanced facilities to do her work.
"I rather like the idea of that, actually. No clans I've joined so far have brought anything to the table that could hold my interest. Even the tenno seem to be lackluster in the ones I've seen, I tend to spend more time carrying them than I do fighting these days. Joining synergy is certainly something I'd be interested in."

The trinity spins her rifle in the air before clapping her hands, the weapon's arrangement collapsing as it reassembles. She picks it up, contemplating making use of these facilities.

"I'm more used to doing these things with my hands, getting down and dirty so to speak. At the same time however, that is mainly due to a lack of other methods. Should we not be in any rush, I must admit to being curious  what this fabricator you have can do."

20 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Nox seems to perk up at the idea of joining a planetside colony, rather excited at the idea of having more advanced facilities to do her work.
"I rather like the idea of that, actually. No clans I've joined so far have brought anything to the table that could hold my interest. Even the tenno seem to be lackluster in the ones I've seen, I tend to spend more time carrying them than I do fighting these days. Joining synergy is certainly something I'd be interested in."

The trinity spins her rifle in the air before clapping her hands, the weapon's arrangement collapsing as it reassembles. She picks it up, contemplating making use of these facilities.

"I'm more used to doing these things with my hands, getting down and dirty so to speak. At the same time however, that is mainly due to a lack of other methods. Should we not be in any rush, I must admit to being curious  what this fabricator you have can do."

Felicity gestures to the table.

"Of you place it on there we could do a Deconstructive analysis. The weapon would have to be refabricated."

She walks over to the table and hits a button. The shotgun shrinks down onto a data pad that she carries over to an Orokin style foundry.

Edited by Rakawan

21 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"You reckon any of your soldiers in the field would have interest in using a gun like this, Felicity?"

"The Archon's and Seraphs do not use Orokin weaponry." She says. "Due to its usual rarity and complexity only our Tenno forces use Prime weapons. Archons and Seraphs use weapons of their own design, so they are more familiar with them."

She looks at the design as the foundry begins to move.

"I will save the design in case other Tenno wish to make use of it." She says. "But there is not enough demand for mass production yet. Nor do we have the resources for a large batch."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The Archon's and Seraphs do not use Orokin weaponry." She says. "Due to its usual rarity and complexity only our Tenno forces use Prime weapons. Archons and Seraphs use weapons of their own design, so they are more familiar with them."

She looks at the design as the foundry begins to move.

"I will save the design in case other Tenno wish to make use of it." She says. "But there is not enough demand for mass production yet. Nor do we have the resources for a large batch."

Cynthia walked over to Felicity and looked at the foundry. "So how long will this take to build?"

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

Cynthia walked over to Felicity and looked at the foundry. "So how long will this take to build?"

"Standard production time." Felicity says. "However I could allocate additional foundry units to complete it within the hour. It would not take much."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Standard production time." Felicity says. "However I could allocate additional foundry units to complete it within the hour. It would not take much."

"I don't mind waiting. What exactly was there to do in this place again?"

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Felicity gestures to the table.

"Of you place it on there we could do a Deconstructive analysis. The weapon would have to be refabricated."

She walks over to the table and hits a button. The shotgun shrinks down onto a data pad that she carries over to an Orokin style foundry.

Nox looks over her Vectis variant once more before walking up to the table, settling the weapon down there as she looks over the scanner.

Just now, kyrozon said:

"I don't mind waiting. What exactly was there to do in this place again?"

"There was a dueling tournament". She says. "There are more parts to this lab, if Nox would be willing to join us on a tour. Each of the Syndicates has headquarters here as well and there are restaurants and shops to view."

She gestures to a map of the planet.

"There are also places to explore." She says. "An Orokin ship carrying a terraformer landed here a thousand years ago but no one knows where it is. Finding it would take a while, but would probably be an adventure."