The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

28 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The door does not budge. It appears to be an archaic failsafe, a heavy weigh locked into position. It, however, could be cut through, with time.

A scream echoes out.

Luna didn't care much of the scream, she didn't know if it where Nina's. But she did know it weren't Melanies, she would have felt an injury through the link.

"Sorry, Operator. The door is jammed because of a typical failsafe in Corpus capital ships. You have to either blow it up or phase through it. Though with the link neither option is recomended."

Luna looks down in thought before she returns to the screen. "Ceda, we passed by another group who were infiltrating, where are they?"

"Communications."

"Can you aid them?"

"I'm not sure if it's needed, but I'll ask."

A panel lights up in the Communications Center where Ceda's projection appears, turning her attention directly at Fell and Tsun "Ceda here. Do you require assistance with your task?"

Edited by Luthim

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The ship simply smashes through the beacons, crushing them. It seems that unlike the other ships it was designed for one simple purpose. A close glance at the reports of the beacons would show that the hull seems to be giving off a massive magnetic field that disable electronics.

You cannot fathom why a Director would possess such a weapon.

The door to the Control Room opens, and Richard strides through, the wings of his Amesha folding down to avoid hitting the door.  With an exaggerated shrug of his shoulders, he disengages his Archwing from his Warframe, then with a smooth motion he steps out of his Warframe, which closes up again as he continues forward to stand directly underneath the Obelisk.  "My turn."

Lydia comes running through the door after him.  "Alan, retarget the Ragnarok and call in every Madurai student to immediately teleport to this room.  We have a ship to vaporize."

6 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

The door to the Control Room opens, and Richard strides through, the wings of his Amesha folding down to avoid hitting the door.  With an exaggerated shrug of his shoulders, he disengages his Archwing from his Warframe, then with a smooth motion he steps out of his Warframe, which closes up again as he continues forward to stand directly underneath the Obelisk.  "My turn."

Lydia comes running through the door after him.  "Alan, retarget the Ragnarok and call in every Madurai student to immediately teleport to this room.  We have a ship to vaporize."

Alan sound surprised.

"It.... It's already targeted." He says. "What are you planning on doing?"

1 minute ago, LegionCynex said:

*Zaeed sits himself down, be begins to hack in, with ease, he then begins to disable any hostile coms, and begins to get the systems back up*

As you load the systems, missile fly up from hidden silos, targeting the enemy fighters.

42 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sven quiets down, but you can still here small whimpers. Despite his earlier bravado it seems he is entirely unused to physical pain.

*sighs* "Good enough" *She walks with the rest to the citadel*" God I can't wait for this bounty, tho..the cut..is a bit shameful"..*she sighs* "A bigger one whuold be nice.." 

26 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Alan sound surprised.

"It.... It's already targeted." He says. "What are you planning on doing?"

Richard smiled.  "The same thing I did to the Balor Fomorian that bombed Ashrai Temple last year.  I'm going to introduce it to my very good friend Kaboom."

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

Richard smiled.  "The same thing I did to the Balor Fomorian that bombed Ashrai Temple last year.  I'm going to introduce it to my very good friend Kaboom."

Silence reigns of the comms.

"Umm Richard." Alan says. "We would all very much prefer this one NOT slam into the nearest planetoid. Because said planetoid is where we all HAPPEN TO LIVE."

51 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord slammed his hand down in frustration. "Ryoko! Abandon the guns! Push that damn thing off its course!"

The new ship disabled its aura, and turned its front towards Ragnarok. Its massive thrusters fired, and it headed on a crash course for the ship. Multiple drones flew away from the Paragon, attatching to the hull of the other ship. Their thrust combined with the ship's sent it forward at an alarming rate.

((Repost))

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Silence reigns of the comms.

"Umm Richard." Alan says. "We would all very much prefer this one NOT slam into the nearest planetoid. Because said planetoid is where we all HAPPEN TO LIVE."

"The planetoid was ALSO introduced to my friend Kaboom because that's where the person who ordered the attack happened to live."  A dozen or so people teleported into the room and formed a circle around Richard.  "Excellent.  Let's begin.  I need you all to project your energy directly this Obelisk.  We'll be using it as our focus object today."  The students obliged, and the Obelisk began to hum quietly, lighting up with a slight golden glow.

"Now then," said Richard to Alan, "Kindly tell everyone up there to get the Hell clear."  Kneeling directly below the center of the obelisk, Richard began meditating.

4 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

((Repost))

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

"The planetoid was ALSO introduced to my friend Kaboom because that's where the person who ordered the attack happened to live."  A dozen or so people teleported into the room and formed a circle around Richard.  "Excellent.  Let's begin.  I need you all to project your energy directly this Obelisk.  We'll be using it as our focus object today."  The students obliged, and the Obelisk began to hum quietly, lighting up with a slight golden glow.

"Now then," said Richard to Alan, "Kindly tell everyone up there to get the Hell clear."  Kneeling directly below the center of the obelisk, Richard began meditating.

"Negative!" Ryoko nearly screams. "Lord, get clear now!"

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Negative!" Ryoko nearly screams. "Lord, get clear now!"

Lord could hardly get a transmission across to the ship. "Unknown Gladiator! Back off immediately! Tugboats are reversing!" The drones on the ship reversed thrust, canceling momentum. "Aww, Lord. You don't even know me? That hurts my feelings..." The unknown ship began circling itself with glowing white rings, showing that it had just entered pre-jump.

5 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord could hardly get a transmission across to the ship. "Unknown Gladiator! Back off immediately! Tugboats are reversing!" The drones on the ship reversed thrust, canceling momentum. "Aww, Lord. You don't even know me? That hurts my feelings..." The unknown ship began circling itself with glowing white rings, showing that it had just entered pre-jump.

Just as the ship reversed direction, Richard stood up and fired a fully concentrated Madurai laser directly into the Obelisk.

The Void Energy containter and amplifier did the only thing it could do after being subjected to such a concentrated burst of energy - it amplified it and shot it out the other end.

The resulting laser had a force equivalent to several hundred billion Gigatons, and the Ragnarok stood absolutely no chance of retaining molecular cohesion under the force of the beam.

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Just as the ship reversed direction, Richard stood up and fired a fully concentrated Madurai laser directly into the Obelisk.

The Void Energy containter and amplifier did the only thing it could do after being subjected to such a concentrated burst of energy - it amplified it and shot it out the other end.

The resulting laser had a force equivalent to several hundred billion Gigatons, and the Ragnarok stood absolutely no chance of retaining molecular cohesion under the force of the beam.

As you watch the ship disintegrate you see a brief flash of red and white bone like objects at its core, before the construction, Sentient and Corpus alike evaporates. 

The open channel Nina was using to taunt you is silent. Careful observers would have heard a short whimpering and then a sudden slicing sound.

Suddenly the Channel opens.

"This." Melanie says. "Is what happens to those that come to my world, and threaten MY people."

You see Nina's head upon the Plasma Spear Melanie is holding.

"This is a message to all Corpus. Lay down your arms, and leave my planet. Or you will pray for death."

The channel suddenly cuts out and silence falls over the remaining ships. Only a handful continue the fight, the rest frantically requesting parlay.

52 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*sighs* "Good enough" *She walks with the rest to the citadel*" God I can't wait for this bounty, tho..the cut..is a bit shameful"..*she sighs* "A bigger one whuold be nice.." 

((Will revisit these characters once enough time for them to reach the place has passed.))

It takes several hours to reach the Citadel, and as you approach you see ships descending in the surrounding fields.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Han shot first." Alan mutters.

*After blowing up a few more ships, he lets the system do itself, and repairs the rest, bringing the hole system fully back online* "What's next?."

(( Im off now, need sleep, if the matter is finished, by time I wake up, Zaeed will be cleaning up and repairing the station, anything computer or so, As well  Nena, will be ecorting citizens to safety and taking them to medbays))

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

((Will revisit these characters once enough time for them to reach the place has passed.))

It takes several hours to reach the Citadel, and as you approach you see ships descending in the surrounding fields.

(( fair enough, hitting the hay now, so good timing ))

The combined fleets make short work of the remaining enemies.

"Well done." Ryoko says. "Landing zones have designated, repair drones and medical teams standing by. Let's get down there and see how the surface fared."

The Synergy ships turn and the barrier vanishes as they begin to head for landing areas. The ground below is teaming with civilians, and Manticores, all wearing makeshift security and medical badges.

Just now, Luthim said:

"Corpus and Sentient technology together... This is concerning. I'll compile my readings and and present my findings later." Ceda comments over the alliance channel.

"Perhaps we could review the data, together." C.A.L.C suggests. "I have some spare processing power that is not being utilized with the cessation of hostility."

28 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Perhaps we could review the data, together." C.A.L.C suggests. "I have some spare processing power that is not being utilized with the cessation of hostility."

"A good suggestion, I'm sure we can solve this much quicker that way."

Luna speaks on the channel as well - voice only. "By the lotus.. this is grave news, how did the corpus acquire Sentient tech? We need to investigate this as soon as possible."

Edited by Luthim