The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Just now, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord shrugged. "I don't see why not." He stoos up, walking off the ramp, and into the tent, walking after Ryoko. He quickly found a seat and took it.

"Can we get through this quickly." Melanie says. "The Archons are concerned have some security concerns to address."

As the others file in Seven looks up gravely.

"Chancellor." He says. "I would als that you refrain from speaking until this council has said it's piece."

He folds his hands.

"This council is concerned that you are leading us... Poorly." He says. "That your goals no longer align with the funding principles."

Melanie stands still.

"This colony was created to provide a haven from the wars that plague the Origin system. Yet time and again you have pursued and led us into conflicts with exterior forces." He says. "While you may be a exceptional military leader, our colony is suffering from social and economic problems that have seen little address. In short your efforts seem more focused on the war, which you once decried, than upon the welfare and everyday lives of the civilian populace."

He leans back.

"it is this." He says. "And our increasing concern over the effects of the stress it has imposed upon you, that has led for us to vote on your continued leadership."

He closes his eyes.

"We were unanimous." He says. "And I have no choice but to ask you to resign the post."

11 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Therese sent a text message to Ulf: "Looks like a serious business, and we've been invited. No idea what it might be about, but refusal will be way too unprofessional and impolite"

Ulf replied via text: "You say that. Although I'm surprised they invited us"

Both operatives made it to the tent from their previous locations.

Melanie bows her head.

"Who will replace me?" She asks. 

"The council will take over ruling authority." Seven says. "We will each handle different aspects auch that the workload does not overwhelm us."

Melanie nods.

"Then I will not fight this." She says. 

Seven looks at Ulf and Theresa.

"Your thoughts, representatives?" He asks.

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Melanie bows her head.

"Who will replace me?" She asks. 

"The council will take over ruling authority." Seven says. "We will each handle different aspects auch that the workload does not overwhelm us."

Melanie nods.

"Then I will not fight this." She says. 

Seven looks at Ulf and Theresa.

"Your thoughts, representatives?" He asks.

Therese noticed Ulf shivering a bit nervously.

"Fixate your handgun properly. We don't want that accident with your Lex to reemerge. I'll do the talking" she whispered to him

Her words calmed Ulf a little bit as he now tried to play a stone.

She took a straight poise and began to speak in professional intonation

"We are not yet aware of the details of your governmental system and most of the local figures of power. But, in regards Chancellor's case, I'd like to register her effectivity in the fields you mentioned earlier. She managed not only to establish this planet's defences but also to involve third party forces to the cause of this colony protection. History doesn't tolerate conjunctive mood, but something tells me that the results of today events would've been different should there be another figure in charge. We are humble diplomats and do not possess any power over your decision carrying process but we would like to vote for preserving defence management and diplomacy functions after Melanie in her current or any new position, should she be willing to continue her service. As for the change in overall political layout, we will accept any your decision and react accordingly"

Edited by Teloch

Just now, Teloch said:

Therese noticed Ulf shivering a bit nervously.

"Fixate your handgun properly. We don't want that accident with your Lex to reemerge. I'll do the talking" she whispered to him

Her words calmed Ulf a little bit as he now tried to play a stone.

She took a straight poise and began to speak in professional intonation

"We are not yet aware of the details of your governmental system and most of the local figures of power. But, in regards Chancellor's case, I'd like to register her effectivity in the fields you mentioned earlier. She managed not only to establish this planet's defences but also to involve third party forces to the cause of this colony protection. History doesn't tolerate conjunctive mood, but something tells me that the results of today events would've been different should there be another figure person in charge. Lest we humble diplomats and do not possess any power over your decision carrying process, we would like to vote for preserving defence management and diplomacy functions after Melanie in her current or any new position, should she be willing to continue her service. As for the change in overall political layout, we will accept any your decision and react accordingly"

"My thoughts exactly." Seven says. "Currently manage our social aspects. Tammy handles the economic events, and Muarice handles our legal occurences." 

He gestures to two open seats.

"However that leaves us without a scientific leader and, most importantly without a military leader."

He looks at Melanie.

"We would like to offer you the seat of Chairman of the Military." He says.

He turns to Ryoko.

"We have already offered Felicity the position of Chairman of science." He says. "However she refused. And as such we would like to offer that position to you."

Ryoko shrugs.

"I got my fingers in like nine other pies." He says. "Can't hurt to have a say here."

Seven smiles.

"As for your treaty, White Tigers, it would continue. You would still speak to the Chancellor about military collaboration." He says. "However Chancellor Tammy has some news for you."

Tammy, a middle-aged woman with a sharp face, smiles.

"We will be doubling our first contribution to your cause." She says. "And once the new mines are active you can expect three times the estimated resources."

He hits a button on a holo-pad.

"Before our contribution was limited by Perrin's strangehold on their mines." She says. "In exchange for 50% of the salvage of battle and captured ships, I have managed to secure a larger portion. This should allay any concerns that this colony might be an investment risk."

As the new Councillors take their seats, Tammy rings a bell.

"We have our first order of business." She says. "As this pertains to possible military and scientific gains the WTC and Guild of the End representatives are invited to attend."

"As the new Scientific Chairman, I move we quickly review the proposed defense and city layout." Ryoko says.

"Ah yes." Seven says. "The Citadel will be transferred to Council control. The Western Colonies will become the new headquarters for the Military division. Ryoko and Lord's labs will form the core of the new scientific division. The Perrin labs will form the new economic district. The Arbiters and Loka temples will function as courthouses for now."

*Zaeed just sits and wtachs the talk go by, not really paying much attention now Sven has been sentenced to death* "Well, thats over.." *He says to himself* "It whuold be a great pride if I chuold be the one to kill him tho *he chuckles to himself silently*  

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"My thoughts exactly." Seven says. "Currently manage our social aspects. Tammy handles the economic events, and Muarice handles our legal occurences." 

"However that leaves us without a scientific leader and, most importantly without a military leader."

He looks at Melanie.

He turns to Ryoko.

"We have already offered Felicity the position of Chairman of science." He says. "However she refused. And as such we would like to offer that position to you."

Ryoko shrugs.

"I got my fingers in like nine other pies." He says. "Can't hurt to have a say here."

Seven smiles.

"As for your treaty, White Tigers, it would continue. You would still speak to the Chancellor about military collaboration." He says. "However Chancellor Tammy has some news for you."

"We will be doubling our first contribution to your cause." She says. "And once the new mines are active you can expect three times the estimated resources."

"Before our contribution was limited by Perrin's strangehold on their mines." She says. "In exchange for 50% of the salvage of battle and captured ships, I have managed to secure a larger portion. This should allay any concerns that this colony might be an investment risk."

"We have our first order of business." She says. "As this pertains to possible military and scientific gains the WTC and Guild of the End representatives are invited to attend."

Lord clapped his hands together. "Well, here I am."

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He looks at Melanie.

He turns to Ryoko.

Ryoko shrugs.

Seven smiles.

2 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord clapped his hands together. "Well, here I am."

Therese frowned on the mentioning of the "scientific gains". Her frown worsened as the supposed representative of the "Guild of the End" acknowledged his presence in a manner he did. However, she put her neutral facial expression back.

"Before we proceed, I must inform you that this subject is beyond my paraph. The only thing I can do in this case is to register your points of interests with possible offers and deliver them to the figures responsible from our side, one of which happens to be my direct superior and mentor"

55 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

"Copy that" *She looks around* "What can you find?" *She draws closer to the Loki*

A Loki Prime appears on a roof, just ahead of the procession, bow in hand

Edited by firewheel996
Forgot to quote

3 hours ago, Luthim said:

You find two transmission entering your field of view, one is Luna, the other is Ceda.

"Syncronization complete." She said and interacted with her screen. "Follow the marked path, our 'target' shouldn't be too far in."

"Please proceed." Ceda spoke to Ivara. Various values would show up when she moved. And a path formed, leading the way.

C.A.L.C contacted Ceda on a private channel.

"Ceda." He says. "I have a request."

3 minutes ago, Luthim said:

Ceda responds on the same channel. "And what might that be?" In a curious tone.

"I need you to stay out of this." He says. "And keep your operator out of this."

You see static echo across the scan as if something is disrupting your scans.

Edited by Rakawan

9 minutes ago, firewheel996 said:

A Loki Prime appears on a roof, just ahead of the procession, bow in hand

(( HOT WHEELS!..I'm so..sorry..))

*Ivara looks up, onto the roof, She grabs her comlink* "Cephalon! on the roof, Scan him now!" *She draws her bow, watching what he does*

1 minute ago, LegionCynex said:

*Ivara looks up, onto the roof, She grabs her comlink* "Cephalon! on the roof, Scan him now!" *She draws her bow, watching what he does*

((Dude, that's hilarious. I never thought of that. I've been using this screen name for years))

An arrow suddenly slices through Sven's neck, liberating his head from his shoulders, though the Loki Prime didn't seem to have fired at all

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I need you to stay out of this." He says. "And keep your operator out of this."

You see static echo across the scan as if something is disrupting your scans.

"What a curious turn of events, you have my attention. But you will have to give me a little more than that." She said while pinging a warning to Ivara and Luna. "Attention, things have become interesting. If you must proceed then do so with care."

2 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

After a moment you can see scan results on your display.

3 minutes ago, firewheel996 said:

((Dude, that's hilarious. I never thought of that. I've been using this screen name for years))

An arrow suddenly slices through Sven's neck, liberating his head from his shoulders, though the Loki Prime didn't seem to have fired at all

2 minutes ago, Luthim said:

After a moment you can see scan results on your display.

*Ivara jumps back and screams on top of her voice, in attempt to get everyone in battle ready, mostly the Archons* "ALARM!!!" (( I think shes still in the court)) *She draws her bow and fires at the Loki with her bow, without hesitation* 

Edited by LegionCynex

1 minute ago, LegionCynex said:

*Ivara jumps back and screams on top of her voice* "ALARM!!!" (( I think shes still in the court)) *She draws her bow and fires at the Loki with her bow, without hesitation* 

The Loki on the roof disappears, only to reappear on the opposite roof

Just now, firewheel996 said:

The Loki on the roof disappears, only to reappear on the opposite roof

Ceda speaks to Ivara. "Tenno, you are likely chasing decoys, follow the energy streams instead." She then pings on the hud where the energy is coming from.

9 minutes ago, Luthim said:

"What a curious turn of events, you have my attention. But you will have to give me a little more than that." She said while pinging a warning to Ivara and Luna. "Attention, things have become interesting. If you must proceed then do so with care."

"One of my charges has taken matters into his own hands." C.A.L.C says. "Please do not get involved. I do not want to fight you on this."

The disruption increases, causing the display to show multiple origin points. It occurs to you that the resources C.A.L.C has at his disposal must be immense.

Edited by Rakawan

8 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*Ivara jumps back and screams on top of her voice, in attempt to get everyone in battle ready, mostly the Archons* "ALARM!!!" (( I think shes still in the court)) *She draws her bow and fires at the Loki with her bow, without hesitation* 

The Archons abandon Sven's downed corpse and scan the crowd, looking for the source of the disturbance.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Therese frowned on the mentioning of the "scientific gains". Her frown worsened as the supposed representative of the "Guild of the End" acknowledged his presence in a manner he did. However, she put her neutral facial expression back.

"Before we proceed, I must inform you that this subject is beyond my paraph. The only thing I can do in this case is to register your points of interests with possible offers and deliver them to the figures responsible from our side, one of which happens to be my direct superior and mentor"

A messenger bursts into the tent.

"Sven has been assassinated." He says. "Someone just shot him with a Dread!"

Seven looks up.

"Do we have the assailant in custody?" He asks.

"No, sir." The messenger says.

"If you find them, then notify me." He says. "Otherwise we have more pressing matters to discuss."