The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A nurse is nearby.

"Sir are you okay?" She asks. "Are you in pain?"

*He looks to her* "Oh, no, sorry just..ugh, just relieved the hole thing once agien, ship blowing up in my face, but Nana and Sam died..ugh" *He chuckles* "and I ended up in a wheelchair" *he sighs* "But ugh, yeah, I chuold do with another painkiller thos* "He looks to her* "How am I for walking now?, I whuold like to see my friends.."

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Melanie's holo-pad vocalizes a signal, informing that a message has been received. The other one follows in like two minutes. It appears that one was sent by Teloch, while the other one by Ceforus. Which one of them she would decide to open first?

Considering the attitudes of both and recent events, Melanie opts to open Teloch's first, assuming it would be the bad news if there was any.

2 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*He looks to her* "Oh, no, sorry just..ugh, just relieved the hole thing once agien, ship blowing up in my face, but Nana and Sam died..ugh" *He chuckles* "and I ended up in a wheelchair" *he sighs* "But ugh, yeah, I chuold do with another painkiller thos* "He looks to her* "How am I for walking now?, I whuold like to see my friends.."

The nurse looks at your chart.

"I can't let you walk." She says. "But I can wheel you there."

She gestures to a wheelchair beside the bed.

"Who would you like to visit first?" She asks.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The nurse looks at your chart.

"I can't let you walk." She says. "But I can wheel you there."

She gestures to a wheelchair beside the bed.

"Who would you like to visit first?" She asks.

(( LOL, oh the irony))

"Death comes for me!" *clears throat* "I mean, uhh...sure, you don't have a floaty one?, self-controlled?, I have one in my store, I rather not make my nightmares a reality"

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Considering the attitudes of both and recent events, Melanie opts to open Teloch's first, assuming it would be the bad news if there was any.

The message is rather short, without any forms of attachments included and even without standard ceremonial phrases:

"Received the verbal confirmation of your readiness to meet our carriers from lieutenant-colonel Ceforus. Since there was no information on the new disembark place, we assume the previously mentioned coordinates remain valid. Please, confirm your capability to conduct the logistical operation in 90 minutes, or send new details"

Edited by Teloch

4 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

(( LOL, oh the irony))

"Death comes for me!" *clears throat* "I mean, uhh...sure, you don't have a floaty one?, self-controlled?, I have one in my store, I rather not make my nightmares a reality"

The nurse looks unnerved.

"I could ask for a hover chair." She says, nervously. "But I assure you this is just as safe."

On 8/1/2016 at 4:02 PM, Teloch said:

The message is rather short, without any forms of attachments included and even without standard ceremonial phrases:

"Received the verbal confirmation of your readiness to meet our carriers from lieutenant-colonel Ceforus. Since there was no information on the new disembark place, we assume the previously mentioned coordinates remain valid. Please, confirm your capability to conduct the logistical operation in 90 minutes, or send new details"

"Confirmed." Melanie says. "Reports indicate that the payment will be twice as large as previously mentioned. Ships are on standby to help transport extra goods to you if storage space proves insufficient. Including contact details for Chairman of Economics, as she will now handle any transactions."

The transmitted data shows the the woman's name is Tammy and contains a channel cipher.

Melanie opens the message from Ceforus.

Edited by Rakawan

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The nurse looks unnerved.

"I could ask for a hover chair." She says, nervously. "But I assure you this is just as safe."

"Please do Ma'ma, oh and not to worry, a perfect orokin is a careful driver" *He then thinks back to his childhood, any mind readers whuold see little zaeed screamin playfully, while riding a hoverchair down the stairs, before plating into the wall* "Yeah, Im a careful driver"  

Edited by LegionCynex

1 minute ago, LegionCynex said:

"Please do Ma'ma, oh and not to worry, a perfect orkin is a careful driver" *He then thinks back to his childhood, any mind readers whuold see little zaeed screamin playfully, while riding a hoverchair down the stairs, before plating into the wall* "Yeah, Im a careful driver"  

The nurse returns with a hover-chair.

"You seem awfully chipper for someone in such a tragic situation." She says. "Which of your friends do you want to visit first?"

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The nurse returns with a hover-chair.

"You seem awfully chipper for someone in such a tragic situation." She says. "Which of your friends do you want to visit first?"

"Its not the first time, I had something blow something in my face, guns, bombs, grinner, girls.." *He sighs* "And I;ll like to see Sam first, but not before I quickly pop to my store" *he chuckles* need to grab a little something"

3 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

"Its not the first time, I had something blow something in my face, guns, bombs, grinner, girls.." *He sighs* "And I;ll like to see Sam first, but not before I quickly pop to my store" *he chuckles* need to grab a little something"

"I'm sorry sir but Incannot release you from he hospital until we are sure you are fine." The nurse says. "I can have the item sent for though."

She wheels you to a room.

A short haired young woman, whose face is covered with bandages, is laying on the hospital bed. A quick check of her monitor reveals that she is unresponsive, though alive, and her life signs are erratic. A small child is sitting next to her bed shaking her arm.

"Mommy?" He asks. "Mommy wake up."

You recognize the child as Sam's kid.

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

"From my own records, his name is "Legion Prime", tho he has attacked Zaeed before" *He sighs* "For unknown reasons.."

"Legion." C.A.L.C says. "Wasn't that the name of the fellow who came here with him the first visit?"

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I'm sorry sir but Incannot release you from he hospital until we are sure you are fine." The nurse says. "I can have the item sent for though."

She wheels you to a room.

A short haired young woman, whose face is covered with bandages, is laying on the hospital bed. A quick check of her monitor reveals that she is unresponsive, though alive, and her life signs are erratic. A small child is sitting next to her bed shaking her arm.

"Mommy?" He asks. "Mommy wake up."

You recognize the child as Sam's kid.

*He types something now on a pad he had near by and hands it to the nurse* "Thank you" *He looks to the child and sighs* "What..have..I done.." *He clears his throat* "Hay there little sport...its ok..she's going to be ok, she just needs to get some..rest, Im sure she'll wake up soon"

*The note whuold say: Music Disk (Sams fav) Flowers and something "rare", tho it seems to be called "Soprana" *

Edited by LegionCynex
Pressed enter to early

37 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Confirmed." Melanie says. "Reports indicate that the payment will be twice as large as previously mentioned. Ships are on standby to help transport extra goods to you if storage space proves insufficient. Including contact details for Chairman of Economics, as she will now handle any transactions."

The transmitted data shows the the woman's name is Maurice and contains a channel cipher.

Melanie opens the message from Ceforus.

The message comes with an encryption, the "importaint" and "single use" marks. Once it was opened, the timer indicating the reverse countback that started from 300 seconds appeared on the screen.

"Just as I promised, here is the heads-up on what happened in the highest heights:

I'm sure you are perfectly aware of my views on your colony and on this whole venture, so I won't stop on it.  Teloch did, in fact, voted for reinforcements. This decision was criticised by warlord Johan, who strongly implied that "it was too rash and mightily unnecessary to expose our prototype technology to third parties whatever the circumstances were" and that "They paid us nothing yet". Warlord Estelle mostly used inappropriate adjectives when talking about your planet, implying that "their intelligence efficiency and informational discipline are vague and so we risk to leak our confident data to hostiles while pursuing this venture". Teloch countered, heavily accenting on the benefits that collaboration with the frontier might bring, the significance of interactions and experience we gain while working with the free colonies, and even the fact we all once swore to protect humanity, and this homeworld is a part of it. The final vote was provided by warlord Seonah. Knowing her, I'd say that she, like warlord Estelle, has some doubts about your survivaility, but, nevertheless, she approved the decision due to her wartime-old personal loyalty to Teloch and me. 

So, roughly speaking, your level of support among our stakeholders is around 60%. I delivered the information about the first shipment, and the cargo convoy is already being prepared while I type this message. Warlord Johan is a pragmatic and we expect him to soften his position by some degree once our engineers and scientists would receive the materials. Convincing Estelle will be much more difficult since she seems to judge rather subjectively. Have no idea on Seonah's concerns so far.

That's all for the moment. Gonna inform you if something changes.

Stay safe out there." 

Edited by Teloch

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

The message comes with an encryption, the "importaint" and "single use" marks. Once it was opened, the timer indicating the reverse countback that started from 300 seconds appeared on the screen.

"Just as I promised, here is the heads-up on what happened in the highest heights:

I'm sure you are perfectly aware of my views on your colony and on this whole venture, so I won't stop on it.  Teloch did, in fact, voted for reinforcements. This decision was criticised by warlord Johan, who strongly implied that "it was too rash and mightily unnecessary to expose our prototype technology to third parties whatever the circumstances were" and that "They paid us nothing yet". Warlord Estelle mostly used inappropriate adjectives when talking about your planet, implying that "intelligence efficiency and informational discipline are vague and so we risk to leak our confident data to hostiles while pursuing this venture". Teloch countered, heavily accenting on the benefits that collaboration with the frontier might bring, the significance of interactions and experience we gain while working with the free colonies, and even the fact we all once swore to protect humanity, and this homeworld is a part of it. The final vote was provided by warlord Seonah. Knowing her, I'd say that she, like warlord Estelle, has some doubts about your survivaility, but, nevertheless, she approved the decision due to her wartime-old personal loyalty to Teloch and me. 

So, roughly speaking, your level of support among our stakeholders is around 60%. I delivered the information about the first shipment, and the cargo convoy is already being prepared while I type this message. Warlord Johan is a pragmatic and we expect him to soften his position by some degree once our engineers and scientists would receive the materials. Convincing Estelle will be much more difficult since she seems to judge rather subjectively. Have no idea on Seonah's concerns so far.

That's all for the moment. Gonna inform you if something changes.

Keep safe out there." 

"Understood." Melanie says. "I feel obligated to inform you that I am no longer Chancellor, but Chairman of Defense. Several political changes have been made to better manage government. I will still be your primary contact within this group, and will have more time to organize military events."

She includes a list of contact channels.

"These are contact channels with our Resistance Cells." She says. "Bear in mind that their primary usage has been recon and minor sabotage. With the exception of the Uranus cell, they are not yet equipped for large scale conflicts."

Included are a few new schematics. 

"This is our basic Dreadnought blueprint." Melanie says. "Certain aspects have been redacted in case it falls into the wrong hands, however it should alow you to fabricate and field your own ships."

A blueprint of the White Archons Ulf and Theresa saw is also included. They appear to be the same design, but smaller.

"These are the MKII Archon armor suits." Melanie says. "While they lack the sheer armor that was present, tests show that human operatives using them can reach the same levels of agility as newly awoken Tenno. While your reluctance to field human operatives was mentioned, I believe this should prove beneficial twofold. First it, combined with the knowledge that we plan to greatly increase our stock of Archon Knights, should convince the other Warlords that we are capable of defending ourselves in all but the most desperate situations. Second, it should, if you choose, allow your organization to begin working with human operatives. We have included a few suits with the shipment. While we do not expect such a radical change in your methods, should you find combat capable human please equip them with these suits. If you decide to use them we ask only that you keep logs of their conduct. If you decide they are not White Tiger material then please send them here."

"Other schematics for the EMP cannon, and similar tech, have been included for your research department." She says. "This is to show our gratitude for the supplies you have provided. And as per our organizations name, to promote collaboration."

20 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*He types something now on a pad he had near by and hands it to the nurse* "Thank you" *He looks to the child and sighs* "What..have..I done.." *He clears his throat* "Hay there little sport...its ok..she's going to be ok, she just needs to get some..rest, Im sure she'll wake up soon"

*The note whuold say: Music Disk (Sams fav) Flowers and something "rare", tho it seems to be called "Soprana" *

"You're a Tenno." The child says. "Fix her."

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You're a Tenno." The child says. "Fix her."

*He sighs in a heartfelt manner* "The nurse is a Tenno too I think, shes..done all she can, but..*he rubs his chin*.."Nerus, what does she need?, anything? please..I..need to help her, I can't let her..lay like this"..*He moves the chair closer and holds sam's hand* 

"Sam, I'm really sorry what happened to you, this is all my fault if I didn't check it myself or had my cehp check it, none of this would've happened" *He sighs* "If..you..die, I..will never forgive  myself" *He grips more gently* "I swear to you sam, I will find the betrayer behind this attack and hunt him down and make him pay for his crimes" *he takes a breath*

"If it turns out to be my fault, I...I will gladly stand trial, accept all charges and hell even accept execution for this. But please..recover and wake up soon, not for me, or anyone else but for your wonderful child, I;ll do all in my power to help you Sam, I'll promise you that much" 

*He looks up to the nurse* Please...anything...medkits, rent, bills, cybernetics, treatments, anything, let me help....Please.., for the child..(( Unsure if its a he or she) 

Edited by LegionCynex

15 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

C.A.L.C opens up the system to allow you to check the surveillance logs. It appears surveillance is sparse.

*He scans, but he also assess the logs of what happened to Zaeed, uh oh*....No!, Impossible!, THIS CAN NOT BE WHAT HE WANTED! *as he gets angry the room hes in,shakes a bit, a few panels spark*

Edited by LegionCynex

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Understood." Melanie says. "I feel obligated to inform you that I am no longer Chancellor, but Chairman of Defense. Several political changes have been made to better manage government. I will still be your primary contact within this group, and will have more time to organize military events."

She includes a list of contact channels.

"These are contact channels with our Resistance Cells." She says. "Bear in mind that their primary usage has been recon and minor sabotage. With the exception of the Uranus cell, they are not yet equipped for large scale conflicts."

Included are a few new schematics. 

"This is our basic Dreadnought blueprint." Melanie says. "Certain aspects have been redacted in case it falls into the wrong hands, however it should alow you to fabricate and field your own ships."

A blueprint of the White Archons Ulf and Theresa saw is also included. They appear to be the same design, but smaller.

"These are the MKII Archon armor suits." Melanie says. "While they lack the sheer armor that was present, tests show that human operatives using them can reach the same levels of agility as newly awoken Tenno. While your reluctance to field human operatives was mentioned, I believe this should prove beneficial twofold. First it, combined with the knowledge that we plan to greatly increase our stock of Archon Knights, should convince the other Warlords that we are capable of defending ourselves in all but the most desperate situations. Second, it should, if you choose, allow your organization to begin working with human operatives. We have included a few suits with the shipment. While we do not expect such a radical change in your methods, should you find combat capable human please equip them with these suits. If you decide to use them we ask only that you keep logs of their conduct. If you decide they are not White Tiger material then please send them here."

"Other schematics for the EMP cannon, and similar tech, have been included for your research department." She says. "This is to show our gratitude for the supplies you have provided. And as per our organizations name, to promote collaboration."

The reply from Ceforus with 180 seconds timer shots back after a couple of minutes.

"And they think you are all precarious... Will transfer these to Johan and Teloch. The former one is a distrustful and stubborn ox, but he is a clever ox nevertheless. We're going to conduct some lobby and explanations. If providing your schematics won't convince him about your readiness to collaborate and reliance on our support, then I don't know what will. 

Although, finding an approach to Seonah and Estelle would take some time. Teloch said that he has an idea, but it needs more considerations, clarifications, and estimations"

7 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*He sighs in a heartfelt manner* "The nurse is a Tenno too I think, shes..done all she can, but..*he rubs his chin*.."Nerus, what does she need?, anything? please..I..need to help her, I can't let her..lay like this"..*He moves the chair closer and holds sam's hand* 

"Sam, I'm really sorry what happened to you, this is all my fault if I didn't check it myself or had my cehp check it, none of this would've happened" *He sighs* "If..you..die, I..will never forgive  myself" *He grips more gently* "I swear to you sam, I will find the betrayer behind this attack and hunt him down and make him pay for his crimes" *he takes a breath*

"If it turns out to be my fault, I...I will gladly stand trial, accept all charges and hell even accept execution for this. But please..recover and wake up soon, not for me, or anyone else but for your wonderful child, I;ll do all in my power to help you Sam, I'll promise you that much" 

*He looks up to the nurse* Please...anything...medkits, rent, bills, cybernetics, treatments, anything, let me help....Please.., for the child..(( Unsure if its a he or she) 

"We've stabilized her." The Nurse says. "That's all we can do for now. Anything else we could treat her with could shock her system."

"Nurse would you take Brandon to get something to drink." A voice says. "There there, little guy, you're mom is tough. She'll be fine."

You turn to see the child hugging a Loki in the Deluxe skin.

As the Nurse leaves he shuts the door, and props a door against it.

"What. Happened?" He asks. "And If you lie I swear I'll drag Sai'ah here and have her tear the memories from your mind."

He seems more desperate that actually angry at you.

14 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"We've stabilized her." The Nurse says. "That's all we can do for now. Anything else we could treat her with could shock her system."

"Nurse would you take Brandon to get something to drink." A voice says. "There there, little guy, you're mom is tough. She'll be fine."

You turn to see the child hugging a Loki in the Deluxe skin.

As the Nurse leaves he shuts the door, and props a door against it.

"What. Happened?" He asks. "And If you lie I swear I'll drag Sai'ah here and have her tear the memories from your mind."

He seems more desperate that actually angry at you.

*He looks to sam* "If thats what it takes, then I'll gladly accept it" *He looks down* "I was going to my ship to offer everyone free drinks, after the Seven issue, next before I knew it, it blew up in my face.." *He runs his face* "I swear to you, this is not my fault, and god...if it..is I'll gladly let you do what you *he sobs* "I bealive this was a attack by someone, someone aimed at me.."

"I'm sorry..I, if I could trade my life for her, I whuold, I should be in that bed not her, I'll do anything in my power to help her, any bills she has, I will pay for, any treatment I;ll pay for, but please, for her sake, don't take it out on me, unless we kown for a factor this is indeed my fault, its not respectful to be angry in her sate, that she is in" *He looks to her* "She may be asleep, but I I kown, she can hear us"

"He does't say anything after that, he just leaves to his bed and sleeps for the night*

(( Sry, fokes, last post for me tonight, need to hit the hay, will return in 10-11 hours, IC Hes gone to bed too))

Edited by LegionCynex
Changed last words

30 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The reply from Ceforus with 180 seconds timer shots back after a couple of minutes.

"And they think you are all precarious... Will transfer these to Johan and Teloch. The former one is a distrustful and stubborn ox, but he is a clever ox nevertheless. We're going to conduct some lobby and explanations. If providing your schematics won't convince him about your readiness to collaborate and reliance on our support, then I don't know what will. 

Although, finding an approach to Seonah and Estelle would take some time. Teloch said that he has an idea, but it needs more considerations, clarifications, and estimations"

"Understood." Melanie says. "I am interested to see what a WTC Dreadnought would look like."

16 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The ship responds by powering up and Gritlok removes the locks.

"Any destination in mind, operator?" He asks.

"Your original frame is still back on Phenix." Darrin says. "If you send me coordinates I will have it, and some useful supplies, left at a dead drop for you."

Ko-Rovak begins to take off on the ship as he reviews possible locations. A nice rich environment would provide plenty of cover. Perhaps one secluded. He reviewed a portion of the map of Eris. No one would be crazy enough to follow him there with the infestation.

"I'll be at Eris... Transmitting destination coordinates. Also, if you won't need him, I'd like that grineer captain we captured. This ship has a prison compartment somewhere."