The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Steak?" A soldier asks.

"Get back to your exercises." The man bellows, but it is too late.

"Steak, steak, steak." The word spreads like fire through the camp. Soldiers who were struggling to lift their rifles now shoulder them and send round after round towards the targets. Morale seems to lift.

"You see." The man says. "See what you started? Now all their going to think about is a juicy well done steak. Now I..."

He pauses and swallows, then titles his head.

"Actually I don't have to do a gosh-darn thing." He says. His smile grows large, as he tosses you something that appears to be an air support charge. "You started this. You deal with it."

He leans in.

"The men are expecting steak." He says. "Unless you want to be scrubbing powder kegs for the next two days I recommend you start with that."

He thumps an arm against his chest.

"Knight-Commander Bill." He says. "And this is Representative Theresa, ambassador from the White Tiger Clan."

Alice grinns at the pleasant word being repeated over and over. She and her masters will be so pleased with the work she'll do here...

"Alice, no fancy title you'd be fond off. Member of the Voidwalkers, the only clan that allows me to sacrifice goats in the moonlight. By the way, how do I use this can opener?"

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"While you struck me as tourists." The woman says. "And I did not think that tourists would want to be bored by the artistic drawings and martial prowess of the inhabitants. No, tourists just love watching people translate texts from dead languages."

The sarcasm in her voice is undeniable. The colors on her robe and the warframe shimmer and suddenly she seems to perk up, her voice becoming happy and carefree. The warframe assumes a more formal stance, as its colors swap with the colors of her robes. 

"This is the Library of Phenix." She said. "Wherein lies the combined knowledge of the Tenno, living and dead."

One of the scribes suddenly rises and walks directly into Luv... and passes right through her. He retrieves a scroll from the shelf and both he and the scroll phase through her, only to make a muffled thump as he sets it on the table. He sits on the chair and settles in, then resumes writing.

"What do you mean with 'living or dead'?" Icarus asked.

"Whatthef**kwasthat?" Luv asked, severely confused when the person just walked through her. Icarus shrugged it off as some holograph.

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice grinns at the pleasant word being repeated over and over. She and her masters will be so pleased with the work she'll do here...

"Alice, no fancy title you'd be fond off. Member of the Voidwalkers, the only clan that allows me to sacrifice goats in the moonlight. By the way, how do I use this can opener?"

"Point it somewhere, preferably somewhere without a building already there, and press the button." He says. "And as with all airdrops don't stand in the red circle."

3 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"What do you mean with 'living or dead'?" Icarus asked.

"Whatthef**kwasthat?" Luv asked, severely confused when the person just walked through her. Icarus shrugged it off as some holograph.

"These are the shades of the Tenno." The woman says. "The echoes of the once living. This is the charge of the Oro-Keepers, to preserve the imprints of those that perish and care for the shades of the dead."

Just now, Denny2669 said:

"OK..." Luv replied, still taking it the wierdness.

"So, you explained the 'dead' part, but what did you mean with 'living'?" Icarus asked.

Another flash of light and you can see several Tenno in a wide courtyard dueling and practicing Kata's around you. Two of them are running through Katas beneath what appears to be some sort of motion detector, as a segmented visual copy of them mirrors their movements.

Seven of the Tenno, all clad in deluxe skins, turn to the woman.

"Master Mira." One says. "How is Sam? Has she recovered?"

"She is still in a coma." The woman in the robes says. "Resume your training, there is nothing you can do to help her right now. She will heal at her own pace."

4 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*He floats a bit closer* "You strive on kowngole and power?...*He says* "I'm hopeing you don't use Suda's level of lust, as that leads to dangerous enemies, expect Simaris, his is more understandable, so tell me, what do you really hunt?"   

"Suda can be a bit zealous, but you can't deny her results. But me?" She paused for a moment, considering what to say. "My primary purpose have always been to aid the Tenno, and it's my goal to guide them as best I can. While gathering knowledge does help me accomplish that. I strive to explore the universe to improve my own understanding of it, but I suppose I also do it because it's.. fun."

Edited by Luthim

8 minutes ago, Luthim said:

"Suda can be a bit zealous, but you can't deny her results. But me?" She paused for a moment, considering what to say. "My primary purpose have always been to aid the Tenno, and it's my goal to guide them as best I can. While gathering knowledge does help me accomplish that. I strive to explore the universe to improve my own understanding of it, but I suppose I also do it because it's.. fun."

"Learning is fun." C.A.L.C says. "And yes I have been here the whole time. Just like my operator."

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Another flash of light and you can see several Tenno in a wide courtyard dueling and practicing Kata's around you. Two of them are running through Katas beneath what appears to be some sort of motion detector, as a segmented visual copy of them mirrors their movements.

Seven of the Tenno, all clad in deluxe skins, turn to the woman.

"Master Mira." One says. "How is Sam? Has she recovered?"

"She is still in a coma." The woman in the robes says. "Resume your training, there is nothing you can do to help her right now. She will heal at her own pace."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Point it somewhere, preferably somewhere without a building already there, and press the button." He says. "And as with all airdrops don't stand in the red circle."

The second he finished the important part of the explaination, she floated away in a superman pose. Her excitement had no end, finally people will get to taste her meat!

Finding a (mostly) empty area not too far away, she imagined her meat house just standing there in its magnificence. One thing that stood in her way however was a small lonely pothouse, the green label under the handle signaling to aproachers that it's available. Unfortunately, it won't stand like that for long... or stand at all for that matter, as she raises the device, points directly at it, and presses the button with a careless expression.

((Quoting messed up))

Icarus ignored the fact that she ignored his question, and adopted a more serious expression "Grineer attacks?" He asked regarding this 'Sam'.

Just now, Denny2669 said:

The second he finished the important part of the explaination, she floated away in a superman pose. Her excitement had no end, finally people will get to taste her meat!

Finding a (mostly) empty area not too far away, she imagined her meat house just standing there in its magnificence. One thing that stood in her way however was a small lonely pothouse, the green label under the handle signaling to aproachers that it's available. Unfortunately, it won't stand like that for long... or stand at all for that matter, as she raises the device, points directly at it, and presses the button with a careless expression.

"Invalid area, existing structure present." The device says. "Please select a clear area."

You see a clearing a few feet away, in a more central location.

3 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Icarus ignored the fact that she ignored his question, and adopted a more serious expression "Grineer attacks?" He asked regarding this 'Sam'.

"Engine malfunction." Mira says. "Internal matter."

She gestures to the courtyard.

"This is the main courtyard." She says. "This is where our master train the next generation of Tenno."

Cyria and Fell stayed behind on the balcony. "You not going to join on that tour?"

The nova looked at the figures around her. "These guys seem to know you, nor do you seem to be the same person as the one who left me behind. So I rather see what these guys are in relation to you."

"Okay..." He looks at the group around her. "I guess we should show her?.."

13 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Cyria and Fell stayed behind on the balcony. "You not going to join on that tour?"

The nova looked at the figures around her. "These guys seem to know you, nor do you seem to be the same person as the one who left me behind. So I rather see what these guys are in relation to you."

"Okay..." He looks at the group around her. "I guess we should show her?.."

As the group leaves the shades seem to disperse.

"Tsun would like to speak with you." Death says. "Get rid of her, peacefully, and I will bring you back to where he is."

15 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Invalid area, existing structure present." The device says. "Please select a clear area."

You see a clearing a few feet away, in a more central location.

Alice pressed the button again, and again, and again, the same message popping up each time. Her eye twitched, obviously to her annoyance and slowly burning rage. That pothouse's going to pay...

After a while, she gave up and pointed at the truly free area, pressing the button one more time.

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Engine malfunction." Mira says. "Internal matter."

She gestures to the courtyard.

"This is the main courtyard." She says. "This is where our master train the next generation of Tenno."

Luv was intrigued "This must be weird for them. Like, we woke up with a gun already in hand and the skill to use it. And they have to learn it..." she chuckled "And I thought school was over forever..."

44 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Therese tapped Bill's shoulder

"There may be a little problem: unless you are not afraid for your men squirming in pain during the nearest week and suffering from diarrhea or Crohn's disease, it might be worthwhile to check this vendor's stock on fito-sanitarian standards. This one seems... strange. And something tells me that she won't just explain the way of origin of her goods and demonstrate any certificates. It's up to you, though, I'm just sharing with my opinion"

7 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Therese tapped Bill's shoulder

"There may be a little problem: unless you are not afraid for your men squirming in pain during the nearest week and suffering from diarrhea or Crohn's disease, it might be worthwhile to check this vendor's stock on fito-sanitarian standards. This one seems... strange. And something tells me that she won't just explain the way of origin of her goods and demonstrate any certificates. It's up to you, though, I'm just sharing with my opinion"

"I fully plan on doing so." Bill says. "Or rather send someone to do so."

He laughs at the word strange.

"Most fellows here are strange." He says. "The place seems to attract them."

14 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice pressed the button again, and again, and again, the same message popping up each time. Her eye twitched, obviously to her annoyance and slowly burning rage. That pothouse's going to pay...

After a while, she gave up and pointed at the truly free area, pressing the button one more time.

"Thank you for selecting a clear area." The computer says, somewhat smug. "Please enjoy your free building."

A few minutes later a mass of metal settles onto the ground. Mechanical arms unfold and begin welding on additional plates. 

"Please standby for inspection of foodstock." The computer says. "A Health Official will be here shortly."

18 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Luv was intrigued "This must be weird for them. Like, we woke up with a gun already in hand and the skill to use it. And they have to learn it..." she chuckled "And I thought school was over forever..."

"Those that survive the Void are usually dedicated enough to master the weapons." She says. "Citizens here are used to challenges."

She stops.

"So why, of all places, did you choose the Monastery for a vacation?" She asks. "Seems like a dull choice."

27 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As the group leaves the shades seem to disperse.

"Tsun would like to speak with you." Death says. "Get rid of her, peacefully, and I will bring you back to where he is."

"I won't be able to get her to follow me alone... do you have any data predating the orokin empire?" Fell asks.

Cyria seems to be getting impatient.

9 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"I won't be able to get her to follow me alone... do you have any data predating the orokin empire?" Fell asks.

Cyria seems to be getting impatient.

"Not follow." Death says. "Just get out of her sight. I can handle the rest. I could pull you back to us now, but that would cause a scene."

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Thank you for selecting a clear area." The computer says, somewhat smug. "Please enjoy your free building."

A few minutes later a mass of metal settles onto the ground. Mechanical arms unfold and begin welding on additional plates. 

"Please standby for inspection of foodstock." The computer says. "A Health Official will be here shortly."

The Mirages lips twitched as she heard the word 'health official', before bursting into laughter and almost dropping the device. Actually, she didn't need it anymore anyway, so she let it fall it the ground with a thump. How she pitied objects bound by gravity... only, not really, she found it hilarious.

A health official? Well, if he likes to inspect her meat so much, surely he wouldn't mind joining it...

One... four... six taps on her holographic interface, and the container that was attached to her liset suddenly landed right next to her, leaving some cracks in the ground. She couldn't wait to get started...

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Those that survive the Void are usually dedicated enough to master the weapons." She says. "Citizens here are used to challenges."

She stops.

"So why, of all places, did you choose the Monastery for a vacation?" She asks. "Seems like a dull choice."

"We didn't choose the monastery, we chose Phoenix. We were only led to this monastery by chance" Icarus answered.

"Yeah. We'll definitely leave once the tour is over" Luv added.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

A message for Teloch arrives from Uranus. The senders identify themselves as the Lords of Maelstrom. Strangely it originates from the set of channels Melanie sent to contact the resistance cells.

A simple text message shots back:

"Source of this comm ID retrieval, faction attachment, and the reason of  communication"

Seems like someone is not in a humour.

Just now, Teloch said:

A simple text message shots back:

"Source of this comm ID retrieval, faction attachment, and the reason of  communication"

Seems like someone is not in a humour.

"Lords of Maelstrom. Resistance Cell allied with Synergy. Possible item of interest to WTC." Comes the reply.

2 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"We didn't choose the monastery, we chose Phoenix. We were only led to this monastery by chance," Icarus answered.

"Yeah. We'll definitely leave once the tour is over," Luv added.

"I might take offense to that, but I'm afraid I lack context."  A Tenno clad entirely in black strode toward them from the center of the open space.  "Ah, hello, Mira.  Giving a tour?"

10 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Lords of Maelstrom. Resistance Cell allied with Synergy. Possible item of interest to WTC." Comes the reply.

Teloch sent two messages: one to Melanie, and one to the sender

"Received a message from the supposed resistance cell called "Lords of Maelstrom" who stated their affiliate with Synergy. Can you confirm their claims?"

Was the prior one

"What is your case?"

Was the the respond to the cell

Edited by Teloch