The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

50 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The two chargers fall dead. You hear more roars and groans from beyond the door. Something gleans under a pile of rubble.

*She smiles and awaits for the others to come out the door, she throws a spar prime, to unlock the door*

Lets see what you got Infested! *She stands ready for the next, tho she is hopeing she meats a boiler or broodmother, shes got a trick waiting to be expelled* 

Edited by LegionCynex

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

An image appears on the HUD.

A Tenno clad in robes.

"Did you say you were a Vauban?" He asks. "Would you by any chance be one of those types who build your own weapons?"

He leans in.

"I heard Perrin is looking for some help with a project." He says. "They won't let me anywhere near their labs."

He shrugs.

"Of course if you are already doing something I understand."

Foleus looked up.

"Damn, I really want to help Perrin... But i'm on a job. I'm not... Aww, screw it. I'll help."

24 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Excellent.  We can use all the help we can get."  The Archon gestured with the sledgehammer.  "It's just up the road here."  He began walking at a relaxed pace up the street.

Foleus looked at the Archon.

"Sorry, my orders changed! I'm to help Perrin immediatly, it seemed urgent! I really wish I could help, but this can't wait!"

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus looked at the Archon.

"Sorry, my orders changed! I'm to help Perrin immediatly, it seemed urgent! I really wish I could help, but this can't wait!"

The Archon shrugs.

"You gotta do what you gotta do." He says. "My boys will get the site cleaned up."

He leans in his hammer.

"A word of warning though." He says. "There's one of them Perrin named Sven, weaselly sort of man. The type who'd bring a Redeemer to a knife fight and still lose."

He spits in the dirt.

"Steer clear of him." He said. "That man's nothing but trouble."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Archon shrugs.

"You gotta do what you gotta do." He says. "My boys will get the site cleaned up."

He leans in his hammer.

"A word of warning though." He says. "There's one of them Perrin named Sven, weaselly sort of man. The type who'd bring a Redeemer to a knife fight and still lose."

He spits in the dirt.

"Steer clear of him." He said. "That man's nothing but trouble."

Foleus nodded.

"Thank you for the advice. But i'm not sure if i have the choice to steer clear."

He then walked off to his Scimitar and prepared for a short flight to Perrin.

3 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus nodded.

"Thank you for the advice. But i'm not sure if i have the choice to steer clear."

He then walked off to his Scimitar and prepared for a short flight to Perrin.

Perrin's Embassy on Phenix was halfway up a mountain, and was designed to look like every other normal Corpus outpost that was built into the side of a mountain.  Of course, there weren't too many of those to begin with, so it wasn't hard to do.

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

Perrin's Embassy on Phenix was halfway up a mountain, and was designed to look like every other normal Corpus outpost that was built into the side of a mountain.  Of course, there weren't too many of those to begin with, so it wasn't hard to do.

Foleus landed his Scimitar on what looked like a landing pad and stepped out.

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus landed his Scimitar on what looked like a landing pad and stepped out.

He was greeted by a Helios, which clicked and chirped as he walked out of his ship.  It buzzed around in a small circle, and turned to face him again.

35 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*She smiles and awaits for the others to come out the door, she throws a spar prime, to unlock the door*

Lets see what you got Infested! *She stands ready for the next, tho she is hopeing she meats a boiler or broodmother, shes got a trick waiting to be expelled* 

A single maggot sitters around the corner and stops. It sees you and the Ember and steels before darting around the corner. You hear hundred of little swirls as a Broodmother and a swarm of Maggots charge into view.

Namira summons bursts of flame to incinerate the first wave of Maggots. However there are quite a few more than expected.

Edited by Rakawan

4 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus nodded to the Helios.

"Are you my guide?"

The sentinel bounced up and down in midair to indicate an affirmative.  It tilted sideways to look at him for a moment, then turned and floated off toward a door that was guarded by a pair of Riot Moas that appeared to have the cannons from Fusion Moas mounted on top of them.

13 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

The sentinel bounced up and down in midair to indicate an affirmative.  It tilted sideways to look at him for a moment, then turned and floated off toward a door that was guarded by a pair of Riot Moas that appeared to have the cannons from Fusion Moas mounted on top of them.

Foleus followed the Helios, intruiged.

"This AI... Almost on par with a Kenyo Corp. Product... Impressive..."

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A single maggot sitters around the corner and stops. It sees you and the Ember and steels before darting around the corner. You hear hundred of little swirls as a Broodmother and a swarm of Maggots charge into view.

Namira summons bursts of flame to incinerate the first wave of Maggots. However there are quite a few more than expected.

*Syarn Prime smiles, and blasts a wave of Miasma to clear out the rest the maggots, she then leaps into the air and she lands onto the Broodmother, she uses a unqie spore abbtily that flows viral matter into the Broodmother, with hopes of pacifying it to become friendly (altest to her) and under her control*

(Note: This is also a Argument Mod idea, that I've made, so it follows the lore))  

*She looks around, for any more infested*

8 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus followed the Helios, intruiged.

"This AI... Almost on par with a Kenyo Corp. Product... Impressive..."

The Helios stopped in front of the door, turned to face him, scanned him, then turned and emitted a series of electronic clicks and chirps at one of the Fusion Bursas.  It turned around obligingly, and an ID card slid out of a slot in its back with a picture of the top of the Vauban's head.

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

The Helios stopped in front of the door, turned to face him, scanned him, then turned and emitted a series of electronic clicks and chirps at one of the Fusion Bursas.  It turned around obligingly, and an ID card slid out of a slot in its back with a picture of the top of the Vauban's head.

Foleus sighed.

"As said, ALMOST on par."

He ignored the fact that the ID looked stupid and tried to figure out what to do next, his mind derping out in frustration.

14 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*Syarn Prime smiles, and blasts a wave of Miasma to clear out the rest the maggots, she then leaps into the air and she lands onto the Broodmother, she uses a unqie spore abbtily that flows viral matter into the Broodmother, with hopes of pacifying it to become friendly (altest to her) and under her control*

(Note: This is also a Argument Mod idea, that I've made, so it follows the lore))  

*She looks around, for any more infested*

The Broodmother shudders and then holds still. Two bits of viral matter also land on the two remaining Maggots. Namira picks one up and it chirps adorably. The other one leaps at your leg like a happy puppy before darting over to the pile of rubble. It nudges a block of wall and chirps excitedly.

Edited by Rakawan

10 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus sighed.

"As said, ALMOST on par."

He ignored the fact that the ID looked stupid and tried to figure out what to do next, his mind derping out in frustration.

The Helios turned and flew straight into the door, which was still closed.  It beeped in surprise, then floated down a few centimeters and turned to look at Foleus expectantly.

Looking at the door, he could see a scanner on the right side.

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

The Helios turned and flew straight into the door, which was still closed.  It beeped in surprise, then floated down a few centimeters and turned to look at Foleus expectantly.

Looking at the door, he could see a scanner on the right side.

Foleus sighed.

"Okay, NOT on par. Anyway, I didn't see the scanner there. Sorry, little guy."

He then used his ID and the scanner to hopefully open the door.

2 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus sighed.

"Okay, NOT on par. Anyway, I didn't see the scanner there. Sorry, little guy."

He then used his ID and the scanner to hopefully open the door.

The door opened obligingly, albeit extremely slowly.  A hallway extended for about ten meters before reaching an elevator that looked like it had seen better centuries.

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

The door opened obligingly, albeit extremely slowly.  A hallway extended for about ten meters before reaching an elevator that looked like it had seen better centuries.

Foleus sighed. Again.

"How broke is Perrin, that they can't even maintain an embassy...? Cheezus, i'm starting to doubt Perrin's chances of ever attaining their goal..."

3 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus sighed. Again.

"How broke is Perrin, that they can't even maintain an embassy...? Cheezus, i'm starting to doubt Perrin's chances of ever attaining their goal..."

Almost as if it had heard and understood his voice, the elevator whirred to life, clicked, rumbled, and corrected itself twelve degrees counterclockwise so it was flat again.  Burned out lights fizzled and came back on, and the decrepit-looking panels shook, clearing the dust off them, but throwing it into the air.  The thick cloud was whisked away by the ventilation system.  A highly mechanical voice sounded from the elevator.  "We apologize.  This entrance has not been used in quite some time.  You should note the security camera directly above you.  It may seem odd, but your ID picture was taken correctly.  You have an appointment with design staff in exactly nine minutes twelve seconds.  At your observed walking speed, it will take you exactly seven minutes thirty-eight seconds to reach your destination."  The Helios floated into the elevator and chirped.

5 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Almost as if it had heard and understood his voice, the elevator whirred to life, clicked, rumbled, and corrected itself twelve degrees counterclockwise so it was flat again.  Burned out lights fizzled and came back on, and the decrepit-looking panels shook, clearing the dust off them, but throwing it into the air.  The thick cloud was whisked away by the ventilation system.  A highly mechanical voice sounded from the elevator.  "We apologize.  This entrance has not been used in quite some time.  You should note the security camera directly above you.  It may seem odd, but your ID picture was taken correctly.  You have an appointment with design staff in exactly nine minutes twelve seconds.  At your observed walking speed, it will take you exactly seven minutes thirty-eight seconds to reach your destination."  The Helios floated into the elevator and chirped.

Foleus nodded.

"Understood. Now THIS is the Perrin i know."

He then stepped into the elevator and looked around, seeing if there was anything he needed to do to activate it.

6 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus nodded.

"Understood. Now THIS is the Perrin i know."

He then stepped into the elevator and looked around, seeing if there was anything he needed to do to activate it.

The Helios beeped again, and it descended.  When it opened, he was in front of a window that looked out over the valley.  There were trees, rivers, a lake, a few structures clustered together in places, and a large city at the bottom of the valley.  It was beautiful, marred only by the enormous transport that floated by, obscuring the entire window within seconds.

The Helios chirped again and flew around the corner to the hallway.

4 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

The Helios beeped again, and it descended.  When it opened, he was in front of a window that looked out over the valley.  There were trees, rivers, a lake, a few structures clustered together in places, and a large city at the bottom of the valley.  It was beautiful, marred only by the enormous transport that floated by, obscuring the entire window within seconds.

The Helios chirped again and flew around the corner to the hallway.

Foleus followed the Helios without even paying attention to what was out the window.