The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Luv and Icarus zoned out for awhile, definitely not because of plot reasons...

"Uh, sorry, what were you saying?" He asked the tour guide.

36 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard smirked.  "Health inspector?  Well, that's the official reason I'm here.  Between you and me, though, it's a load of shist.  You have an establishment that sells something called 'meat', and unless eating it will kill you, then I can confirm with absolute certainty that it is, in fact, meat.  So find me something medium rare, and we'll see if eating it kills me.  If it does, then I will be very surprised that something actually managed to do the job that Former Councillor Kirian Kolsynski could not.  If it does not, then I will pay you and more than likely come back on Saturday night."

The Mirage smiled behind her helmet, zipping into what apperantly was the kitchen area. After about a record time of 6 minutes, she would float out holding a cooked, medium rare steak on a bone white platter. It was shaped like Richards face, with the fork and knife sticking out of his eyes. The meat looked... surprisingly tasty, and it also was tasty. He had no idea what the meat once was though, and how it became what it is now. It made him a bit thirsty though, bit no signs of poisoning... yet (?).

The Mirage was just supporting her cheeks with both her hands and observing, even though there was nothing to lean on.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Do you require medical aid?" Felicity asks. "The Teleporters should not have caused any physical injury, I checked them myself."

"Oh, this little thing?"

The Chroma turns around and the Operator turns it's head to reveal the crimson bandage

"Just a tiny sacrifice for the greater good of science, I'm already drowning in somatics as it was, this puny little one may as well have been a benign tumor of sorts."

The Chroma turns back to the drone and proceeds to pick it up and stare into the hole in the front.

"Hmmmm. . .. AHA!, this should work splendidly once things begin rolling. For now, I doubt you want to sit around and stare at me fiddling with all the tinkery bits here. If you have any pressing business, I'd recommend you go ahead and get it done, this may take a bit of time as I get settled into the "Groove" of things."

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

The Mirage smiled behind her helmet, zipping into what apperantly was the kitchen area. After about a record time of 6 minutes, she would float out holding a cooked, medium rare steak on a bone white platter. It was shaped like Richards face, with the fork and knife sticking out of his eyes. The meat looked... surprisingly tasty, and it also was tasty. He had no idea what the meat once was though, and how it became what it is now. It made him a bit thirsty though, bit no signs of poisoning... yet (?).

The Mirage was just supporting her cheeks with both her hands and observing, even though there was nothing to lean on.

Richard finished his steak and looked up at her.  "Do I look dead to you?"

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard finished his steak and looked up at her.  "Do I look dead to you?"

She grinned, removing the lower part of her face mask just to show her twisted smile "Depends on where the bill is in the following 10 seconds"

3 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

She grinned, removing the lower part of her face mask just to show her twisted smile "Depends on where the bill is in the following 10 seconds"

Richard laughed.  "I like you."  He set his utensils down and leaned back in his chair.  "I can't pay the bill unless I've received it from the establishment, now, can I?"

10 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard laughed.  "I like you."  He set his utensils down and leaned back in his chair.  "I can't pay the bill unless I've received it from the establishment, now, can I?"

She giggled and put it on the table, revealing the expected cost of the specially shaped steak (I prefer it to be an unspecified amount, if you don't mind).

"5 seconds~"

Edited by Denny2669
What are utensils?

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

She giggled and put it on the table, revealing the expected cost of the specially shaped steak (I prefer it to be an unspecified amount, if you don't mind).

"5 seconds~"

Richard looked at it, then set the appropriate amount of credits on the table ((I would as well, but remember that IC he had no clue what the price was)).

"Five seconds until I get sick of your attitude and completely baseless assumption that you stand a snowball's chance in Hell of killing me?  I quite agree.  Excellent steak.  Good day."  He thumbed a device on his wrist and disappeared in a flash of silver light.

Alices hand was already at the grip of her cleaver when Richard put the payment on the table. It seemed like she was completely serious, the grinn on her face failing to fade. His words didn't annoy her, she knew he was just blind, like so many others.

He dissapeared before she could say a thing, and that made her hands drop in dissapointment. But work calls, as she took the plate and the money and got to her stuff again...

The grand opening is starting soon...

((You don't need to respond, my next post will be the opening, but it'll take a while... possibly even a day or two...))

4 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alices hand was already at the grip of her cleaver when Richard put the payment on the table. It seemed like she was completely serious, the grinn on her face failing to fade. His words didn't annoy her, she knew he was just blind, like so many others.

He dissapeared before she could say a thing, and that made her hands drop in dissapointment. But work calls, as she took the plate and the money and got to her stuff again...

The grand opening is starting soon...

((You don't need to respond, my next post will be the opening, but it'll take a while... possibly even a day or two...))

((All the advertising she needs to do is put up an enormous sign in the city center with the word "STEAK" on it and coordinates to her place and she'll literally go from 'just starting' to 'why aren't there enough waitresses' overnight))

13 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*Chuckles* "Very well, so with thay being said, Luna is going to extract some memorized fragments from me, to help assist the research, and if I recall right, you wanted some as well, for more proof or that I didn't "lie" *He shows him Ceda and Luna* "We can start as soon as possbile" 

Ceda floated up above Zaeed and opened an empty holo-screen just below her - ready for connection.

Luna placed herself beside Zaeed. "The only pain you will likely feel is of emotions.." She said before she grabbed his wrist with her left hand and closed her eyes. The holo-screen refocused and kept a steady track on the progress.

A thick mist seemed to swallow him as his concious were pulled down into a deep fog. At first it was only black, then fragments begun to replay. First he found himself cursing a recent nightmare, involving a wheelchair. Time skipped further and he experienced blurry lights around him and pain as he were transported to the hospital. Then the memory stream cleared out and refocused. He saw Sam and Brandon, he were asking for help with fetching drinks, they turned towards his ship...

((As Zaeed "relives" his memories, just keep in mind that he is currently in a deep trace with very little control of what is happening. Luna will try to dim emotions connected to the memories to aid them both, since she will feel what he feels. The holo-screen is acting like a videolink, streaming his memories to the ones currently present - it would dim out for anyone else. Copies of the event is created live for both C.A.L.C and Matrix (in whatever "inbox" they have direct access to). Ceda is closely guarding the system she is using to create these "files".))

Edited by Luthim

4 minutes ago, Luthim said:

Ceda floated up above Zaeed and opened an empty holo-screen just below her - ready for connection.

Luna placed herself beside Zaeed. "The only pain you will likely feel is of emotions.." She said before she grabbed his wrist with her left hand and closed her eyes. The holo-screen refocused and kept a steady track on the progress.

A thick mist seemed to swallow him as his concious were pulled down into a deep fog. At first it was only black, then fragments begun to replay. First he found himself cursing a recent nightmare, involving a wheelchair. Time skipped further and he experienced blurry lights around him and pain as he were transported to the hospital. Then the memory stream cleared out and refocused. He saw Sam and Brandon, he were asking for help with fetching drinks, they turned towards his ship...

((As Zaeed "relives" his memories, just keep in mind that he is currently in a deep trace with very little control of what is happening. Luna will try to dim emotions connected to the memories to aid them both, since she will feel what he feels. The holo-screen is acting like a videolink, streaming his memories to the ones currently present - it would dim out for anyone else. Copies of the event is created live for both C.A.L.C and Matrix (in whatever "inbox" they have direct access to). Ceda is closely guarding the system she is using to create these "files".))

*Zaeed trys his best to relax, but he twitches around a bit, from the reminder of the wheelchair, he grips onto the chair, he does't say anything, but hes in clear discomfort, he wtachs the memorizes fly by*

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed trys his best to relax, but he twitches around a bit, from the remainder of the wheelchair, he grips onto the chair, he does't say anything, but hes in clear discomfort, he wtachs the memorizes fly by*

*Maxtrix keeps a eye out on for his viral signs, while watching, he lets the stream download into his systems* "So.have you done something like this before?".

14 hours ago, Unus said:

"Oh, this little thing?"

The Chroma turns around and the Operator turns it's head to reveal the crimson bandage

"Just a tiny sacrifice for the greater good of science, I'm already drowning in somatics as it was, this puny little one may as well have been a benign tumor of sorts."

The Chroma turns back to the drone and proceeds to pick it up and stare into the hole in the front.

"Hmmmm. . .. AHA!, this should work splendidly once things begin rolling. For now, I doubt you want to sit around and stare at me fiddling with all the tinkery bits here. If you have any pressing business, I'd recommend you go ahead and get it done, this may take a bit of time as I get settled into the "Groove" of things."

"And leave a mad scientist alone in MY lab?" Felicity asks. "I see no harm in that."

She exits the room. However a keen observer would notice that the camera ringing the room seem to "perk up" as she does.

15 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"Well I know you at least had one ward who once was an acolyte."

"I will not deny or confirm what you have seen with your own eyes." He says. "But you have more questions. I see it in your eyes. Questions about the Grandmaster, perhaps?"

16 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Mira turns back to look at you.

"I said up ahead is the Sleeping Giant Inn." She says. "You can store your bags in a room there. It has a bar, if you want to relax, or you could then wander around the city."

Edited by Rakawan

17 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"At the very least it will be enough to get this district up and running." Melanie says. "And keep the pages busy, while our Knights run their next mission."

You can see several Knights loading weapons and ammo onto a transport.

"Attention all Archons." A loudspeaker blares. "Operation Falling Hammer will commence in 10 minutes. Please secure all equipment and prepare for transport."

"Simon have all outbound craft divert from the rail." Melanie says. "Military convoy is prepping for launch."

She walks to a nearby tent, holding the flap back for you, then leans over a table. An image of a Corpus lab comes into view.

"Cipher Squad, this is Homeland, troops inbound." She says. "Prepare infiltration units. You will have five minutes to breach the vault, while Alpha Team secures the prototype."

You can see Corpus troops patrolling around the lab. A large covered object is being pushed into the lab.

"Raptor Proxy Prototype located and tagged. All units standby." Melanie says.

She turns to you.

"Now you get to see Archons doing what they were made to do." She says.

Before answering anything Therese took a look outside the tent, ensuring that Ulf is way too preoccupied with sorting stuff around and laughing from (and with) the remaining youngsters, and lively pointing at the gravi-AV. Knowing about his little "driving itch", she sent him a short but sharp PM message:

"Don't you even dare! Or I'll skin you myself"

After giving him a particularly evil glare and placing all the dots above i's, she dived back in the tent. 

"Snatching something particularly interesting, are we?" She asked Melanie

Edited by Teloch
grammer is a b!tch today

41 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Before answering anything Therese took a look outside the tent, ensuring that Ulf is way too preoccupied with sorting stuff around and laughing from (and with) the remaining youngsters, and lively pointing at the gravi-AV. Knowing about his little "driving itch", she sent him a short but sharp PM message:

"Don't you even dare! Or I'll skin you myself"

After giving him a particularly evil glare and placing all the dots above i's, she dived back in the tent. 

"Snatching something particularly interesting, are we?" She asked Melanie

"Corous are moving a upgraded Raptor Proxy." Melanie says. "I figured it's better in our hands instead of theirs."

Suddenly the proxies on the map begin turning and firing on the Corpus. A small leech osprey, unnoticed in the fray, fires a small ode ice under the tarp, then turns and attacks a Crewman. There is a burst of static and the proxies power down.

"Tracker secure." Melanie says. "Receiving signal. Troops inbound as per agreement."

Minutes later the view zooms out and you see Corpus Transport craft closing on the base. As they land a crewman walks up, and bangs in the cargo hold of one. The door opens and Archons storm out from the craft, firing into the mass of confused crewman. Their bursts are short and precise and the crewman fall enmasse before any are aware. 

"Normally we'd cut the alarms." Melanie says. "But right now we want them paying attention."

The Archons tear into the Corpus. Jets flare as the group jumps into a ledge and then runs along a wall, Tenno-style. 

"Recent advances have allowed us to outfit our troops with micro-jets." Melanie explains, sliding icons around and highlighting vantage points and lines of fire. "They carry limited charges, but allow our troops to be more nimble."

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Corous are moving a upgraded Raptor Proxy." Melanie says. "I figured it's better in our hands instead of theirs."

Suddenly the proxies on the map begin turning and firing on the Corpus. A small leech osprey, unnoticed in the fray, fires a small ode ice under the tarp, then turns and attacks a Crewman. There is a burst of static and the proxies power down.

"Tracker secure." Melanie says. "Receiving signal. Troops inbound as per agreement."

Minutes later the view zooms out and you see Corpus Transport craft closing on the base. As they land a crewman walks up, and bangs in the cargo hold of one. The door opens and Archons storm out from the craft, firing into the mass of confused crewman. Their bursts are short and precise and the crewman fall enmasse before any are aware. 

"Normally we'd cut the alarms." Melanie says. "But right now we want them paying attention."

The Archons tear into the Corpus. Jets flare as the group jumps into a ledge and then runs along a wall, Tenno-style. 

"Recent advances have allowed us to outfit our troops with micro-jets." Melanie explains, sliding icons around and highlighting vantage points and lines of fire. "They carry limited charges, but allow our troops to be more nimble."

"Believe it or not, but modifying conventional exoarmor is more interesting than producing and modding frames. It allows more customization and purposing, while you simply can't make zephyr work more or less like valkyr or nyx. Some of our engineers would probably be glad to have a fun time with more flexible tech, discovering numerous possibilities"  

18 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Believe it or not, but modifying conventional exoarmor is more interesting than producing and modding frames. It allows more customization and purposing, while you simply can't make zephyr work more or less like valkyr or nyx. Some of our engineers would probably be glad to have a fun time with more flexible tech, discovering numerous possibilities"  

"One of Ryoko's pet projects is expected-armor that can be worn over a frame." She says. "Sound ricidulous, but his crazy ideas have paid off."

The Archons move into the lab. One of them unholsters a Penta and blasts a locked door open. The blueprint overlay of the lab shows that they are closing in on the package. Another set of contacts is moving towards a data vault. 

"Blue Leader you have four minutes." Melanie says. "Pick up the pace. Once they trigger lockdown we can't help you."

"Understood." A voice says. "Cipher Team move faster, you won't have any extraction route if you just stand around."

The Archons hunker down as a bursa charges around the corner. A grenade arcs over the cover as it sprays mines. The Archons burst from the smoke as the mines detonate, and the grenade releases a burst of electricity. The Bursa shudders and collapses.

"Hangar ahead." Melanie says. "Techs working to activate prototype. Hang on. Unknown interference."

The signal begins to distort. The map begins fluctuating.

"Reading strange power level fluctuations." Melanie says as the Archons enter the hangar. "Centered on your location. Proceed with caution."

Cipher team begins making their way out. 

"Unable to identify power signature." Melanie says. "Updating parameters, find new contact and observe."

"Contact!" One of the Archons says. "Zan...."

The sound of static echoes out and the signals vanish. The overview begins glitching.

"Cipher team, recon." Melanie says. "Identify any survivors."

Silence passes.

"Alpha team report in." Melanie says. "Simon switch to auxiliary channel."

More static.

Edited by Rakawan

4 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*Maxtrix keeps a eye out on for his viral signs, while watching, he lets the stream download into his systems* "So.have you done something like this before?".

"I have." Ceda answered. "And so have my Operator." She added.

((Btw, I was hoping that you could continue where my move ended, and describe what we see in Zaeed's memory.))

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"And leave a mad scientist alone in MY lab?" Felicity asks. "I see no harm in that."

She exits the room. However a keen observer would notice that the camera ringing the room seem to "perk up" as she does.

After a few moments of waiting with arms crossed and the Chroma's foot tapping, The Operator let's out a huff and the Chroma proceeds to circle the table, looking into each of the boxes with a steady gaze. Over time, the Chroma begins to slow down in this odd process until it finally comes to a standstill stareing at the drone. After a few moments, the Operator seems to simply faint and the lights on the Chroma dim once more. The Chroma suddenly looks about in a very confused manner, before it's gaze centers on the drone as if for the first time.  In a sudden rush, the Chroma begins takeing components from each of the boxes and placeing them in various areas at the workstations around the room in an assembly line manner.

By the time it finishes,  the room is a bustling factory of components spitting out finished products into other workstations which again spit their products into the next, all finally ending at the Chroma in the center of the room as it installs each completed piece in kind. As the Chroma places the final piece in the drone, carefully picks it up, and connects the last wire, the Chroma simply completely goes limp and drops as the drone clanks onto the floor with a thunk. After a few minutes of sputtering, the drone actually rises and shakes back and forth a bit before sputtering towards the exit door.

Edited by Unus
Chop chop, Paragraphilization.

4 hours ago, Luthim said:

...Zaeed whuold walk to his ship, with sam along with a Ivara and Nena, a Primed Nova, they both all to the ship, Zaeed draws the closest, the ship beeps at a fast-pace and then explodes, at zaeed's point of view, he whuold fly across the hanger, as he hits the ground, the memory truns black, as his mind lost consciousness at that point, but background noises of screaming and fire breaking out can be heard, before it fully shuts down

*As Zeed relives this memory, he struggles on the spot of his chair, the pain of seening and hearing sam in pain, seems to strike him alot, he screams in pain, relieving the physical pain and mental pain, from the blast* (( if thats even possbile, your relieving memorized, so I whuold assume you whuold relive the physical pain too?, unsure how science works))

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

...Zaeed whuold walk to his ship, with sam along with a Ivara and Nena, a Primed Nova, they both all to the ship, Zaeed draws the closest, the ship beeps at a fast-pace and then explodes, at zaeed's point of view, he whuold fly across the hanger, as he hits the ground, the memory truns black, as his mind lost consciousness at that point, but background noises of screaming and fire breaking out can be heard, before it fully shuts down

*As Zeed relives this memory, he struggles on the spot of his chair, the pain of seening and hearing sam in pain, seems to strike him alot, he screams in pain, relieving the physical pain and mental pain, from the blast* (( if thats even possbile, your relieving memorized, so I whuold assume you whuold relive the physical pain too?, unsure how science works))

((you're good on the science there - triggering the memory would make you feel the pain again, as the same parts of the brain would fire again))