The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

7 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Therese's face turned dazed at first and hardly described later. What a week...

"If my memory serves me well, the empire weint into the shutdown mode and destroyed most of the jumpgates to lock down the realms. This is actually an empire-wide mayday signal..."

Melanie raises her voice.

"Alright people." She says. "Delta protocol."

A few Archons groan.

"I know you're tired." She says. "But we just got an Old War SOS from one of our own people."

"Bill." She says. "Alert the Dex, and tell the citizens that curfew and lockdown are in effect."

"Amber." She says, turning to the Seraph. "Have your flight prepare for scouting manuevers. I want the R.A.V.E.N.S in the sky now."

She gives the orders with utter calm.

"You know the drill people." She says. "Eyes out, ready for anything."

The Archons not under Bil''s command return to their drinks. However you see them position themselves for better vantage points out of the bar, and several load their weapons. Those with alcoholic flasks stow them and pull out bottles of water. Melanie taps her spear, the plasma charge powering up, but leaves it beside her.

"Attention council." She says across a channel. "Old World SOS received from Tenno Operative. Delta Protocol is in effect. Curfew and lockdown will be enforced. Military is on standby."

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Coordinates to the Arbiter's base camp have been sent." She says. "Contact. Who is this contact? Did they give a name?"

"The Archons will be in stand by." She says. "We already have people on the Gray Isle, investigating a possible Acolyte presence. I'm sure its related to that."

She closes the channel, leaving the comms to monitor for new messages, and turns to Theresa.

"Never though I'd see a Tenno overreact to something." She said. "But Richard does have a flair for the dramatic."

Richard flew down into the Grey Isle, scanning for a signal.  Maybe he'd overreacted a little by calling all of New Loka, but better safe than sorry.  Besides, maybe if the Mothers actually saw Phenix, they'd move more facilities there.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As you near the Isle you receive a faint communication. It is a set of coordinates.

"Come alone." The message reads. "Can't trust the others."

Richard let a thought float around his mind while thinking about the first time he'd met Sai'ah.  It felt like such a long time ago….

Secret, no one should know yet, must know what's going on before I tell, why would she use that code???

He found the coordinates, but couldn't find anything.  Selecting his heavy armaments and largest briefcase, he dropped lightly to the ground.  Ordis took off back for orbit so he could get a signal from Namira if Richard called for him later.

Where was she?

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Maybe latter, prior, or none. Perhaps, while not being of our kind, you have the power to sense people. Those kubrows far predecessors were known for their paranormal ability to sense others emotions and intentions. Perhaps, your choice in accessories isn't spontaneous"

She turned to the bar and waved off the dramatic atmosphere with a joke phrase

"Hey shopkeeper, isn't the "glowing lizards" is how some grineer call our species?"

"Took you a while to find that out!" Answered the Mirage. She has been cooking pretty close to them, probably to give them a show. But unbeknownst to them, she was intrigued by their words and did her best to eavesdrop. She may be crazy, but she knows an opportunity when she sees one. She had to get all the money for her business from somewhere... But that deamn device removed the most important part.

Eventually their orders were ready. Melanie got exactly what she asked for, a steak in the shape of Richards head, with the fork in his left eye and the knife halfway through cutting his neck. Ulf got his food, which looked surprisingly normal, as well as Thereses. Then the Ospreys got the customers their orders, satisfying everyone with a nice taste.

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

Richard flew down into the Grey Isle, scanning for a signal.  Maybe he'd overreacted a little by calling all of New Loka, but better safe than sorry.  Besides, maybe if the Mothers actually saw Phenix, they'd move more facilities there.

Richard let a thought float around his mind while thinking about the first time he'd met Sai'ah.  It felt like such a long time ago….

Secret, no one should know yet, must know what's going on before I tell, why would she use that code???

He found the coordinates, but couldn't find anything.  Selecting his heavy armaments and largest briefcase, he dropped lightly to the ground.  Ordis took off back for orbit so he could get a signal from Namira if Richard called for him later.

Where was she?

A shape rises from the sand before you.

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

"Took you a while to find that out!" Answered the Mirage. She has been cooking pretty close to them, probably to give them a show. But unbeknownst to them, she was intrigued by their words and did her best to eavesdrop. She may be crazy, but she knows an opportunity when she sees one. She had to get all the money for her business from somewhere... But that deamn device removed the most important part.

Eventually their orders were ready. Melanie got exactly what she asked for, a steak in the shape of Richards head, with the fork in his left eye and the knife halfway through cutting his neck. Ulf got his food, which looked surprisingly normal, as well as Thereses. Then the Ospreys got the customers their orders, satisfying everyone with a nice taste.

Melanie looked at her plate.

There was a small flash of light as a device on her wrist scanned the food and guaranteed that it was indeed safe to consume.

"Yup." She says. "This is definitely what Richard would have ordered."

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Seems your master has tossed you aside." He says. "Seems like thats happened to a lot of us. Hold still."

He waves his hand over you injures and shadow energy binds them, stopping the bleeding.

"Why don't we go inside." He says. "And you can tell me all about how you got to this hellhole."

He gestures and shadowy energy lifts you to your feet.

"And don't try any of your old mind tricks." He says, tapping the helmet. A metal ringing sound echoes out. "Psionics don't work on robots."

"Fine, lets go.." *He is lifted to his feet* "Where to?"

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

A slim pair of Sancti Castanas slid into Richard's left hand as he carried his briefcase in his right hand.

"Hello."

A Saryn Acolyte rises from the sand.

"Hello Richard." She says. "It's been a while."

She raises her hands, showing that she is unarmed.

"My name." She says. "Is Mara Zi'tal."

She looks at you.

"You look the same as you did on Pluto." She says. "Remember that. Back to back, facing down the hordes."

Just now, -Platinum- said:

"Fine, lets go.." *He is lifted to his feet* "Where to?"

Death supports you with his arm and in a flash you find yourself in his room, in what appears to be a massive cave system.

"Wait here." He says.

He peeks out the door.

"War." He says. "Go grab Pestilence. Tell her we need some ointment and medicine."

Just now, Rakawan said:

Death supports you with his arm and in a flash you find yourself in his room, in what appears to be a massive cave system.

"Wait here." He says.

He peeks out the door.

"War." He says. "Go grab Pestilence. Tell her we need some ointment and medicine."

*He Finds himself a chair and sits down, waiting*

"Charming.." *She opens her legs and leans back* "Your looking at a Aclytole, I got...taken, my duty was to protect my Legion.." 

"One warrior protecting a legion?" He asks. "If you were anyone else I'd say you got set up,"

He turns the page. He seems to be completely relaxed.

Fell looked back to Cyria as Death and Raknis left. He could read from Cyria's posture she was getting frustrated. Still she hadn't found anything irregular on the surface of this thing. She probably would just smash an anti matter drop into this thing if she isn't going to find anything soon. Considering how damaging that could be Fell decided to try climb the thing too, maybe he could make himself a bit more helpful atleast.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"One warrior protecting a legion?" He asks. "If you were anyone else I'd say you got set up,"

He turns the page. He seems to be completely relaxed.

"No, I had friends, and Legion, I mean by a name.." *She rubs her arm* "Hes close to me.."

*He Finds himself a chair and sits down, waiting*

"She left just a few minutes ago." The reply comes back.

"To do what?"

"She said picking flowers."

"There aren't any flowers." Death shouts back. "She always says that. Find her. We need her help."

He sits down across from you.

"So." He says. "How have you been?"

8 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Ulf began to chomp the sausages somewhat rabid, sometimes stuffing them in his mouth just to free his hands and to check his gear. Therese remained silent and collected Apocalypse or not, but I will have my share of protein she thought while eating like a well-mannered lady.

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

Fell looked back to Cyria as Death and Raknis left. He could read from Cyria's posture she was getting frustrated. Still she hadn't found anything irregular on the surface of this thing. She probably would just smash an anti matter drop into this thing if she isn't going to find anything soon. Considering how damaging that could be Fell decided to try climb the thing too, maybe he could make himself a bit more helpful atleast.

As you begin to climb you foot catches on something. The whole mound shudders and then the wall where Cyra sits flips open, throwing her into the sand. Peering inside you can see what appears to be the interior of an Orokin facility, however it is at an odd angle, the "door" pointed upwards towards you.

"Hang on." The Neophyte says. "The reading just spiked. Whatever it is you are right on top of it. Like standing right above it. Try digging around. Maybe its buried beneath your feet. The Relics are usually small, about the size of a Void Relic."

4 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"No, I had friends, and Legion, I mean by a name.." *She rubs her arm* "Hes close to me.."

"Well I hope he's a good fighter." He says. "Because there isn't any way out of this mess. I should know. I've spent the last week trying."

He flips another page.

"So tell me about this Legion." He says. "How'd you two meet?"

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"She left just a few minutes ago." The reply comes back.

"To do what?"

"She said picking flowers."

"There aren't any flowers." Death shouts back. "She always says that. Find her. We need her help."

He sits down across from you.

"So." He says. "How have you been?"

"I've been better" *he says* " I was tasked to kill somebody and that somebody is Zaaed. What about you?"

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Ulf began to chomp the sausages somewhat rabid, sometimes stuffing them in his mouth just to free his hands and to check his gear. Therese remained silent and collected Apocalypse or not, but I will have my share of protein she thought while eating like a well-mannered lady.

An Archon nudges another and points to Ulf. The one he nudged rises and walks over.

"Hey." He says. "You're Ulf right? The one that nearly gave Sven a heart attack?"

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Well I hope he's a good fighter." He says. "Because there isn't any way out of this mess. I should know. I've spent the last week trying."

He flips another page.

"So tell me about this Legion." He says. "How'd you two meet?"

"He saved my life, when I was..uh, "Hunting" another Tenno, The Tenno I was after was useing a Excal, didn't expect his damm light-sword thing, Legion saved my life, by killing him, or atleast I think he did, his frame died.." *She chuckles* "So, I brought him home, we had a chat, and I..trained him, see what he was capable of, and I took him to my Shadow, he agreed that he chuold be worthy"

"From there, We kinder just, over time, fell for each other" *She sighs*

6 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"I've been better" *he says* " I was tasked to kill somebody and that somebody is Zaaed. What about you?"

"After you 'left' the Order the Grandmaster resigned." He says. "Said he was done. No one knew what to do. Who was going to lead. Then Terminus happened, and you know how that went."

He shrugs.

"Woke up and found out that there's a new Grandmaster. Apparently the old one passed on his title. Never consulted me about it. Never told anyone." He says. "And I got to thinking. The old man retired. Why should I follow his replacement. A replacement chosen without our input, without our knowledge. Of course at that point he'd taught the new guy everything. I couldn't fight him. Not alone."

He laughs.

"So what did this Zaeed do?" He asks.

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

An Archon nudges another and points to Ulf. The one he nudged rises and walks over.

"Hey." He says. "You're Ulf right? The one that nearly gave Sven a heart attack?"

Ulf turned to face the two archons addressing him and replied with the stuffed mouth

"dat fohl that losht hish hed erlier thoday?" he swallowed the meat he was chomping, "Um... not sure about a heart attack, since I doubt he had one, but I managed to exchange with a few phrases with him a day ago. Why?"

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"He saved my life, when I was..uh, "Hunting" another Tenno, The Tenno I was after was useing a Excal, didn't expect his damm light-sword thing, Legion saved my life, by killing him, or atleast I think he did, his frame died.." *She chuckles* "So, I brought him home, we had a chat, and I..trained him, see what he was capable of, and I took him to my Shadow, he agreed that he chuold be worthy"

"From there, We kinder just, over time, fell for each other" *She sighs*

"Hmm." Lakar says. "Well I hope he's not the romantic sort, for his sake. That is I hope he doesn't try to come and bust you out."

He flips another page.

"So what did he do?" He asks. "To get the Arbiters to hunt him?"

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As you begin to climb you foot catches on something. The whole mound shudders and then the wall where Cyra sits flips open, throwing her into the sand. Peering inside you can see what appears to be the interior of an Orokin facility, however it is at an odd angle, the "door" pointed upwards towards you.

"Hang on." The Neophyte says. "The reading just spiked. Whatever it is you are right on top of it. Like standing right above it. Try digging around. Maybe its buried beneath your feet. The Relics are usually small, about the size of a Void Relic."

Cyria let out a cry of suprise when she was suddently thrown around, as soon as she was on her feet she walked over to the 'door' looking into the facility to see if any security was visible.

Fell in the meanwhile wasn't as curious to the Orokin facility and started digging around through the sand.