The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

3 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"EXCELLENT," declared Zareth loudly.  "Sorry, sorry.  I get overzealous sometimes.  Do you know how to connect them to Corpus systems, or will this be trial-and-error?"

"I can connect them, that's easy. I have some other ideas, though."

Just now, KuraioNokami said:

"I can connect them, that's easy. I have some other ideas, though."

"Your first one will dramatically improve ALL our units, let alone our augmented ones.  What else do you have up your sleeve?"

11 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"Not exactly. More like self-switching mods that allow the weapon to adapt to the enemy's weakness."

"Self-switching mods?  That would put a lot of strain on the weapon.  How would you get that to work?"

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Self-switching mods?  That would put a lot of strain on the weapon.  How would you get that to work?"

"Hm. You have a point. It works well on Opticor and similar caliber weapons, but I doubt it'd work on a MOA... unless i designed a new model, of course..."

Just now, KuraioNokami said:

"Hm. You have a point. It works well on Opticor and similar caliber weapons, but I doubt it'd work on a MOA... unless i designed a new model, of course..."

"Lasers are usually the easiest to tailor.  The Moas have difficulty using weapons of such size, though.  You could design a new model, but at that point it would be cheaper to refit the old ProtoMoas with current weaponry."

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Lasers are usually the easiest to tailor.  The Moas have difficulty using weapons of such size, though.  You could design a new model, but at that point it would be cheaper to refit the old ProtoMoas with current weaponry."

"Hm. It seems my idea was not that good. Very well, let us move on to the next."

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

"Hm. It seems my idea was not that good. Very well, let us move on to the next."

"Oh, there's nothing wrong with the idea itself, but I haven't exactly been given infinite funding here, as you can probably tell.  This facility is entirely automated because they can't be bothered to send anyone down here, much less provide food for them.  Even though they GROW FOOD NOT TWO KILOMETERS FROM HERE."  HoloTech Zareth shook his head.  "Sorry.  Please, continue."

3 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Oh, there's nothing wrong with the idea itself, but I haven't exactly been given infinite funding here, as you can probably tell.  This facility is entirely automated because they can't be bothered to send anyone down here, much less provide food for them.  Even though they GROW FOOD NOT TWO KILOMETERS FROM HERE."  HoloTech Zareth shook his head.  "Sorry.  Please, continue."

Foleus chuckled. "Of course. My next idea is for those Proto-MOA. I'd think that they'd do well if they were upgraded with a new type of armor. Oh, as for the funding... I'm so rich i had a Scimitar made out of Platinum. Don't worry about it."

2 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus chuckled. "Of course. My next idea is for those Proto-MOA. I'd think that they'd do well if they were upgraded with a new type of armor. Oh, as for the funding... I'm so rich i had a Scimitar made out of Platinum. Don't worry about it."

"That's very kind of you," said Zareth.  A console beeped and a string of Corpus characters flew across the hologram above the table.  "Ahh.  It appears the newest batch of Riot Fusion Moas is ready for their test run.  Shall we have a look?"

*The Equinox slows down upon approach, noticing Void Scanners and weapons showing up on her dash-board, unkown of whats going on, her landing craft opens up weapons of its own, the 2 huge cannons look very Hunhow like*

*She opens the coms* "Whats going on Rail-Control, why are your weapons out?, explain yourself!" *She yells down the mic*

Edited by LegionCynex

16 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*She smiles under her helmet*

You see, they are not monster or an Infestation? Well, I call it unity!, *She pets the Broodmother and walks over to the chirping maggot to see what it wants*

You see, they...*Her voice suddenly changes a deep male voice* WE ARE NOT MONSTERSsssssss! *Her voice returns to normal and looks around a tat-bit confused, as if she blacked out for half a second*

(Think like Jordis's voice when he gets corrupted)

(Reposting for clarity and visually) 

9 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"That's very kind of you," said Zareth.  A console beeped and a string of Corpus characters flew across the hologram above the table.  "Ahh.  It appears the newest batch of Riot Fusion Moas is ready for their test run.  Shall we have a look?"

Foleus nodded.

"That sounds like a good idea."

10 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*The Equinox slows down upon approach, noticing Void Scanners and weapons showing up on her dash-board, unkown of whats going on, her landing craft opens up weapons of its own, the 2 huge cannons look very Hunhow like*

*She opens the coms* "Whats going on Rail-Control, why are your weapons out?, explain yourself!" *She yells down the mic*

((This is at Phenix. You are past the Rail. The ship is a Vaykor Formorian. Xiphos cannons wouldn't even scratch it.))

On 6/10/2016 at 11:57 AM, Rakawan said:

"Darrin we have a Xiphos with scanner resistant systems." He says. "Full power to the void echo scanners and weapons."

Darrin had expected something like this to happen eventually, but hearing it still gave him a headache.  "Charge all weapons and scanners, Protocol 43. We have a stealth-capable unknown inbound."  Following Protocol 43, what remained of the fleet positioned itself around the rail, ready to act as relays for the Fomorian's scanners.  It was overkill for a single ship entering from a known point, but that was one of Darrin's specialties.  As the ship exited punch, it's contents were laid bare.  Whether or not the operator in that ship knew, that's another matter.  "This is Arbiter Darrin of Miraalan, specify identification, purpose, and cargo."

Edited by Rakawan

6 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*Legion's Ship slowly returns to the rail*

(Im sorry for the huge delay peps)

Simon speaks across the link.

"Ahh back with more goods?" He asks. "I would buzz you right through but there is a situation being resolved. Please hold for now."

A sudden, loud and nasty buzz broke the common hum of the rail control center. Experienced military radio officers would probably recognize the sound of frequencies peleng signal performed by the radio scouting units in order to locate target's approximate dislocation and overall radio activity. Some may even remember that this sound usually preceded the radio attack on frequencies, that cluttered them with fields of hardly bearable eruptions. This time, however, it doesn't seem to be an attempt to jam the internal comm channels. After about fifteen seconds after the short-lived noise remission, a low, artificially distorted voice sounded from the force-opened comm channel: 

"Rail control? Do you copy? This is the head unit of the White Tiger Cove delegation convoy speaking. In conformity with the previously arranged arrival time and visit schedule, the column is ready to proceed through the jump gate in two hundred and twenty seconds from the time of mention. Requesting a jump line for five M-scale armed vessels and one S-scale ship. The calibers holst-mode is already on and to be confirmed via visuals"

12 hours ago, Rakawan said:

((This is at Phenix. You are past the Rail. The ship is a Vaykor Formorian. Xiphos cannons wouldn't even scratch it.))

Darrin had expected something like this to happen eventually, but hearing it still gave him a headache.  "Charge all weapons and scanners, Protocol 43. We have a stealth-capable unknown inbound."  Following Protocol 43, what remained of the fleet positioned itself around the rail, ready to act as relays for the Fomorian's scanners.  It was overkill for a single ship entering from a known point, but that was one of Darrin's specialties.  As the ship exited punch, it's contents were laid bare.  Whether or not the operator in that ship knew, that's another matter.  "This is Arbiter Darrin of Miraalan, specify identification, purpose, and cargo."

(( my apologies I missed that post)

*She opens the coms*

My name is Duality, I'm here for a few things to buy, my Cargo is filled with Sentient technology, along with my Warframe, this may explain the scanner issues, use a void mask to see into it, but be careful.

A Sentient is on board, I repeat a Sentient is on board, don't worry its with me..  

Namira looks at you.

"Are you alright?" She said. "Your voice changed for a moment there."

*She turns* Oh no worry I'm fine, I tend to get that at time to time, sure its nothing to worry about, *she says as she pets her broodmother*

"Anymore Infested around here", *she looks around behind the wall, where the maggot was*

Simon speaks across the link.

"Ahh back with more goods?" He asks. "I would buzz you right through but there is a situation being resolved. Please hold for now."

*He sighs* "Whats the matter Simon?, what we have ahead?, is it something I could help with"

6 hours ago, Teloch said:

A sudden, loud and nasty buzz broke the common hum of the rail control center. Experienced military radio officers would probably recognize the sound of frequencies peleng signal performed by the radio scouting units in order to locate target's approximate dislocation and overall radio activity. Some may even remember that this sound usually preceded the radio attack on frequencies, that cluttered them with fields of hardly bearable eruptions. This time, however, it doesn't seem to be an attempt to jam the internal comm channels. After about fifteen seconds after the short-lived noise remission, a low, artificially distorted voice sounded from the force-opened comm channel: 

"Rail control? Do you copy? This is the head unit of the White Tiger Cove delegation convoy speaking. In conformity with the previously arranged arrival time and visit schedule, the column is ready to proceed through the jump gate in two hundred and twenty seconds from the time of mention. Requesting a jump line for five M-scale armed vessels and one S-scale ship. The calibers holst-mode is already on and to be confirmed via visuals"

"Roger that." Simon says. "Please be aware that Formorian is friendly. Stand-off situation is taking place between unknown vessel and Formorian. Please refrain from getting involved."

The Rail begins powering up.

"Please also be aware that Sons of Hayden convoy has already reached orbit. Please refrain from entering their airspace."

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Roger that." Simon says. "Please be aware that Formorian is friendly. Stand-off situation is taking place between unknown vessel and Formorian. Please refrain from getting involved."

The Rail begins powering up.

"Please also be aware that Sons of Hayden convoy has already reached orbit. Please refrain from entering their airspace."

"Quite messy space you have, rail control" the electronic voice replied jokingly, "And it's not even Friday"

During the next two minutes, the column arrived the jump gate. It consisted of an average liset scout in its head, three skimitar-based heavy fighters featuring customized external plate armor and solid assortment of space-combat repeater cannons and rocket casings, one mantis-based extended dropship (casually called by dipatchers as "preggie"), and one mantis-based tactical torpedo carrier...  Another noticeable thing besides having quite a huge arsenal as for an average diplomatic mission is that all vessels shared the same maroon-mid grey color scheme with pale-gold (or light sand) accent lines. Clan markings were also visible on the hulls of each vessel except the liset.

The navigator's voice (probably belonging to a person piloting the liset) rang again:

"All set - the convoy is ready to jump. Please, inform the ground control of our arrival, so we won't have to enforce transmission again" 

One by one, the liset, three scimitars and two mantises disappeared in the round whirling vortex of jump gate.

Edited by Teloch