The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

33 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Quite messy space you have, rail control" the electronic voice replied jokingly, "And it's not even Friday"

During the next two minutes, the column arrived the jump gate. It consisted of an average liset scout in its head, three skimitar-based heavy fighters featuring customized external plate armor and solid assortment of space-combat repeater cannons and rocket casings, one mantis-based extended dropship (casually called by dipatchers as "preggie"), and one mantis-based tactical torpedo carrier...  Another noticeable thing besides having quite a huge arsenal as for an average diplomatic mission is that all vessels shared the same maroon-mid grey color scheme with pale-gold (or light sand) accent lines. Clan markings were also visible on the hulls of each vessel except the liset.

The navigator's voice (probably belonging to a person piloting the liset) rang again:

"All set - the convoy is ready to jump. Please, inform the ground control of our arrival, so we won't have to enforce transmission again" 

One by one, the liset, three scimitars and two mantises disappeared in the round whirling vortex of jump gate.

You come out of punch to see a Formorian and several Galleons facing a small Xiphos. Several Orokin transport ships with a glaive-like insignia float in orbit. They seem to have positioned themselves in a sort of grid around the planet, between the arrival position and the planet.

As you slow you hear a voice across the comms.

"This is the Lasria." It says. "Please identify.... White Tigers?"

The voice seems to pause for a moment.

"You've cost the Sons of Hayden quite a bit of business" The voice says. "I look forward to meeting you in person."

You see the weapons on the ship closest to you power down. The space between it and the next ship shimmers and a force field vanishes.

"Captain Theylin of the Lasria grants you permission to descend." The voice says. It seems to be mocking you, but in a friendly way. "Welcome to Phenix."

6 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*He sighs* "Whats the matter Simon?, what we have ahead?, is it something I could help with"

"Someone was cleared with a ship that appeared to be blocking our sensors." Simon said. "They are claiming to have a Sentient aboard. Unless it's someone you know I don't think we can help. We also have two competing mercenary clans that just arrived. Situation is rather tense at the moment."

*She turns* Oh no worry I'm fine, I tend to get that at time to time, sure its nothing to worry about, *she says as she pets her broodmother*

"Anymore Infested around here", *she looks around behind the wall, where the maggot was*

You find a small resource container beneath the rubble. The Maggot chirps exictedly and nudges your leg. Namira sets the other one down and it looks at you before skittering after her. She peeks into the next room and pulls back, shaking her head.

"Ancients." She says. "Looks like Eximus. They're probably spectres judging from the collars. Too many to take on normally."

(( my apologies I missed that post)

*She opens the coms*

My name is Duality, I'm here for a few things to buy, my Cargo is filled with Sentient technology, along with my Warframe, this may explain the scanner issues, use a void mask to see into it, but be careful.

A Sentient is on board, I repeat a Sentient is on board, don't worry its with me..  

A voice comes over the comms.

"You may want to check your cargo." It says. "Solar Rails will kill any unprotected Sentient."

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Someone was cleared with a ship that appeared to be blocking our sensors." Simon said. "They are claiming to have a Sentient aboard. Unless it's someone you know I don't think we can help. We also have two competing mercenary clans that just arrived. Situation is rather tense at the moment."

*Legion sighs*

Sentients?, I only kown of one person, who has a "Pet" as one, her name is Duality or something, shes friendly, but a bit of a nutter, if I must say myself. Let her pass Im sure she means no harm. she didn't harm me. 

You find a small resource container beneath the rubble. The Maggot chirps exictedly and nudges your leg. Namira sets the other one down and it looks at you before skittering after her. She peeks into the next room and pulls back, shaking her head.

"Ancients." She says. "Looks like Eximus. They're probably spectres judging from the collars. Too many to take on normally."

*Looks over and sighs*..Hum...*She dives into the room, getting the Broodmother to distract them all, she then uses her special Syarn Masmisa that attempts to pacify them all, the ones that fail whuold be killed*

4 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*Legion sighs*

Sentients?, I only kown of one person, who has a "Pet" as one, her name is Duality or something, shes friendly, but a bit of a nutter, if I must say myself. Let her pass Im sure she means no harm. she didn't harm me. 

"Unfortunately it's not that simple." Simon says. "I'll relay the information, but after the attack everyone is on edge. Breaches like this tend to escalate quickly."

A voice comes over the comms.

"You may want to check your cargo." It says. "Solar Rails will kill any unprotected Sentient."

"My Sentient is Protected and friendly, I have removed the Cargo blocker" *Duality says sighing* "Can you let us pass?, I am here to see the Prime trader" 

1 minute ago, LegionCynex said:

*Looks over and sighs*..Hum...*She dives into the room, getting the Broodmother to distract them all, she then uses her special Syarn Masmisa that attempts to pacify them all, the ones that fail whuold be killed*

The ancients seem to be already under some form of mind control. As the miasma settles they turn to face you, a few falling over dead. Fire engulfs the rest but several seem resistant to it. 

One rears back to hit you and a maggot leaps onto it, gnawing at its face tentacles. It flails wildly trying to strike the small critter.

2 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

"My Sentient is Protected and friendly, I have removed the Cargo blocker" *Duality says sighing* "Can you let us pass?, I am here to see the Prime trader" 

Darrin runs the scan again and the ships disperse.

"You are cleared for descent." He says. "Please notify us if you need any cargo transferred.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Unfortunately it's not that simple." Simon says. "I'll relay the information, but after the attack everyone is on edge. Breaches like this tend to escalate quickly."

Simon comes back on the comms.

"It appears the issue has been resolved." He says. "You are clear for punch."

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The ancients seem to be already under some form of mind control. As the miasma settles they turn to face you, a few falling over dead. Fire engulfs the rest but several seem resistant to it. 

One rears back to hit you and a maggot leaps onto it, gnawing at its face tentacles. It flails wildly trying to strike the small critter.

"What the?, they are already in control!, *she throws her blade at the flailing ancient, to kill it, and she then uses her molt to distract the others rightfully before blowing it up with spores*

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Darrin runs the scan again and the ships disperse.

"You are cleared for descent." He says. "Please notify us if you need any cargo transferred.

Simon comes back on the comms.

"It appears the issue has been resolved." He says. "You are clear for punch."

"Thank you, I'm punching.." *She punches and flies down*

"Thank you, Im on my way"

The chain of space vessels carefully approached the docks, whose location coordinates were transmitted along with the clearance to land. The "preggie" mantis swapped the leading position with the liset; floating slightly above the landing point, it ejected (or would be it more picturesque to say "born") eight primed warframes in fast succession. The landing party, featuring two Rhinos, two Frosts, and per one Nova, Trinity, Excalibur and Volt, swiftly took defensive circle formation, waiting for the remaining vehicles to safely land. The liset and the remaining mantis landed gracefully, but whoever was inside the carriers remained onboard. Scimitars, unlike the two previously mentioned vessels, landed within the "security circle" and three figures descended from them: a Rhinio , a Mesa, and a Saryn. Judging by the difference in appearance with the first landing party, the trio seemed to be officers, if the rank-color differentiation is applicable to the group. It is worth mentioning that all of the operatives were equipped with the highly customized primed and syndicate gear; the "elder" Rhino even had a strange greatsword behind his back. One may say that it is a qualitative iteration of the galatine, probably even prime, but the lack of gold suggested otherwise. Shortly after the landing, the owner of this custom greatsword waved his hand, signaling the whole bunch of soldier to dismiss. The combatants eased their postures and untrained their aim while remaining on their positions; The trio of officers engaged in lazy conversation with each other. The group appeared to be waiting for the meeting party.

Edited by Teloch

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

The chain of space vessels carefully approached the docks, whose location coordinates were transmitted along with the clearance to land. The "preggie" mantis swapped the leading position with the liset; floating slightly above the landing point, it ejected (or would be it more picturesque to say "born") eight primed warframes in fast succession. The landing party, featuring two Rhinos, two Frosts, and per one Nova, Trinity, Excalibur and Volt, swiftly took defensive circle formation, waiting for the remaining vehicles to safely land. The liset and the remaining mantis landed gracefully, but whoever was inside the carriers remained onboard. Scimitars, unlike the two previously mentioned vessels, landed within the "security circle" and three figures descended from them: a Rhinio , a Mesa, and a Saryn. Judging by the difference in appearance with the first landing party, the trio seemed to be officers, if the rank-color differentiation is applicable to the group. It is worth mentioning that all of the operatives were equipped with the highly customized primed and syndicate gear; the "elder" Rhino even had a strange greatsword behind his back. One may say that it is a qualitative iteration of the galatine, probably even prime, but the lack of gold suggested otherwise. Shortly after the landing, the owner of this custom greatsword waved his hand, signaling the whole bunch of soldier to dismiss. The combatants eased their postures and untrained their aim while remaining on their positions; The trio of officers engaged in lazy conversation with each other. The group appeared to be waiting for the meeting party.

You hear footsteps and a group of soldiers suddenly uncloaks a short distance away. Soldiers in what appears to be Excalibur Proto Armor wielding Dex Weapons sweep the area. Two odd figures are talking, a Tenno in gray robes and an Excalibur Prime.

"Impressive equipment." The Excalibur says. "I could work wonders with a squadron of these... Dex."

"The Dex answer only to me." The Tenno says. "But I'm sure they could be loaned out for certain operations."

He looks up and notices the group.

"White Tigers, I am Ryoko, Arbiter of Miraalan." He says. "This is Commander Theylin of the Sons of Hayden. Welcome to Phenix. Which one of you is the leader?"

Edited by Rakawan

17 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You hear footsteps and a group of soldiers suddenly uncloaks a short distance away. Soldiers in what appears to be Excalibur Proto Armor wielding Dex Weapons sweep the area. Two odd figures are talking, a Tenno in gray robes and an Excalibur Prime.

"Impressive equipment." The Excalibur says. "I could work wonders with a squadron of these... Dex."

"The Dex answer only to me." The Tenno says. "But I'm sure they could be loaned out for certain operations."

He looks up and notices the group.

"White Tigers, I am Ryoko, Arbiter of Miraalan." He says. "This is Commander Theylin of the Sons of Hayden. Welcome to Phenix. Which one of you is the leader?"

The whole formation registered the presence of the meeting party but, nevertheless, everyone remained stoic and concentrated, all except the Rhino. The bulky clad of crimson armor regularly approached two men. By doing so, the Rhino revealed his regalias, including bright maxim sigil glowing at the abdominal plate and Stratos emblem of 26 rank on the left shoulder plate. The figure came to a halt nearby the man who addressed the group, firmly planted armored feet on the ground, and hid it's palm behind the back , taking a bit "overhanging" posture. The short sound of enabling exterior speakers sounded first, then the calm and low male voice began to flow through the Thrak's "cheek" dynamics:

"Mornin', gentlemen, Colonel Teloch Siger speaking. Before we proceed, I must state that my side has but twenty-seven minutes to do the talking; we have a..." the man paused and nodded slightly at the now-landed tactical torpedo carrier, "..."warm" visit to pay to our dearest tube-originating "friends" just after this brief soiree" he spoke with a cynic voice, especially at the "friends" part. "Now, down to business: we are here to listen to your latest "security" issues with the previously mentioned "dearest friends", to find out the ways we may help you fend them off, we also want to discuss the topic of civilians transit, to hear to other possible needs you would like to see covered, and, if only there would be some time left, we may fancy ourselves with chatter on politics topic". Shortly after making his introduction, the Rhino added, "Since the topic involves orbital security and exterior forces defense, it might be a good idea to add captain Theylin to the conversation" [via HUD transmission]

Edited by Teloch

An Orbiter-class vessel suddenly shows up by the rail seemingly from nowhere. Communications were established almost immediately by the ships Cephalon.

"This is Cephalon Ceda, I'm speaking for my Operator, Luna. Due to the recent attack on the planet labeled: Phenix, we have been asked by The Lotus to give aid and help defend it. Details to be discussed upon arrival. And my apologies, but I will not disclosure what's in our cargo apart from the supplies we are carrying. I'm transfering a list while we wait for jump clearance, expect it to arrive in approximately 3.87 seconds."

Exactly 3.85 seconds later the cargo manifest arrives, numbering a rather large quantity of materials that can be used for various construction projects, as well as food supplies.

Edited by Luthim
spelling

An Orbiter-class vessel suddenly shows up by the rail seemingly from nowhere. Communications were established almost immediately by the ships Cephalon.

"This is Cephalon Ceda, I'm speaking for my Operator, Luna. Due to the recent attack on the planet labeled: Phenix, we have been asked by The Lotus to give aid and help defend it. Details to be discussed upon arrival. And my apologies, but I will not disclosure what's in our cargo apart from the supplies we are carrying. I'm transfering a list while we wait for jump clearance, expect it to arrive in approximately 3.87 seconds."

Exactly 3.85 seconds later the cargo manifest arrives, numbering a rather large quantity of materials that can be used for various construction projects, as well as food supplies.

The response came a few seconds later.  "Cephalon Ceda, this is Rail Control.  Scanners confirm your cargo manifest as accurate.  You are cleared for Punch.  Be advised, the Fomorian is friendly."

Edited by Yzjdriel

On 6/11/2016 at 8:28 AM, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus nodded.

"That sounds like a good idea."

HoloTech Zareth nodded, and the screen behind him switched to a feed of a firing range.  A line of three Fusion Bursas stood in the default position.  At the sound of a short buzzer they looked up, spread their shields, powered up small forcefields, and fired a rapid burst from their cannons.  Five seconds later, the shields powered down and the Bursas returned to their default position.  The camera panned to show the targets: nine pairs of Grineer-shaped legs were all that remained of the plaster targets.  A loud CLANK sounded, and the camera quickly panned back to show that one of the bursas had fallen over and was sparking.  It appeared to have overloaded.

Zareth laughed.  "That's new.  That's actually the first time we've had that happen.  We could probably fix that easily if we add more capacitors, though."

3 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

HoloTech Zareth nodded, and the screen behind him switched to a feed of a firing range.  A line of three Fusion Bursas stood in the default position.  At the sound of a short buzzer they looked up, spread their shields, powered up small forcefields, and fired a rapid burst from their cannons.  Five seconds later, the shields powered down and the Bursas returned to their default position.  The camera panned to show the targets: nine pairs of Grineer-shaped legs were all that remained of the plaster targets.  A loud CLANK sounded, and the camera quickly panned back to show that one of the bursas had fallen over and was sparking.  It appeared to have overloaded.

Zareth laughed.  "That's new.  That's actually the first time we've had that happen.  We could probably fix that easily if we add more capacitors, though."

Foleus chuckled.

"You probably should. However, I do see a small problem I could help add on to."

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

"I hoped you'd see something to improve.  What've you got?"

"Your problem is that those targets are just that: targets. Were those as armored as your standard Napalm or Bombard, or did they have energy shields like any Corpus device ever? If not, I can only see these Bursas as overkill Infestation exterminators, not much else."

24 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

The response came a few seconds later.  "Cephalon Ceda, this is Rail Control.  Scanners confirm your cargo manifest as accurate.  You are cleared for Punch.  Be advised, the Fomorian is friendly."

"Your quick response is appriciated and Fomorian affiliation have been noted."

Shortly after, the Orbiter jumped.