The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

"Your problem is that those targets are just that: targets. Were those as armored as your standard Napalm or Bombard, or did they have energy shields like any Corpus device ever? If not, I can only see these Bursas as overkill Infestation exterminators, not much else."

"Oh, that's not an issue.  This was just a test of whether or not they can shoot anywhere close to what they're aiming at.  They'll get moving targets in about an hour, then we'll work on shielded and armored targets, and then we'll use targets that shoot back."

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

"Oh, that's not an issue.  This was just a test of whether or not they can shoot anywhere close to what they're aiming at.  They'll get moving targets in about an hour, then we'll work on shielded and armored targets, and then we'll use targets that shoot back."

"I see. So what you're saying is that their aiming capabilities are still doubtable. Is Perrin truly that doubtful about its own technology?"

26 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"I see. So what you're saying is that their aiming capabilities are still doubtable. Is Perrin truly that doubtful about its own technology?"

"I'm not doubtful at all.  However, I was instructed to put them through the standard tests we use for every new iteration of Moa as a method of 'quality assurance'.  It can be annoying at times, but I have plenty of time to do the tests."

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

"I'm not doubtful at all.  However, I was instructed to put them through the standard tests we use for every new iteration of Moa as a method of 'quality assurance'.  It can be annoying at times, but I have plenty of time to do the tests."

"I see. Unnesecary protocols, but I digress. Could I see the schematics for those MOA?"

3 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"I see. Unnesecary protocols, but I digress. Could I see the schematics for those MOA?"

"Of course."  A hologram of the blueprints for the Fusion Bursas floated up in front of Foleus.  "The Riot Fusion Moa was designed to essentially be your standard Riot Moa with a much larger, in-your-face cannon.  The upgrade was given to all your standard Riot Moa variants.  Our current default pairing for guards and the like is an Isolator Riot Fusion Moa and Denial Riot Fusion Moa."

24 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*She lands her craft, and steps out, waiting for someone to greet her, a Conculyst floats out and stands near her, its chims play out, like any other Sentient*

"Hello?..." 

((Rak ran out of data.  He'll be back around 4pm EDT.))

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Of course."  A hologram of the blueprints for the Fusion Bursas floated up in front of Foleus.  "The Riot Fusion Moa was designed to essentially be your standard Riot Moa with a much larger, in-your-face cannon.  The upgrade was given to all your standard Riot Moa variants.  Our current default pairing for guards and the like is an Isolator Riot Fusion Moa and Denial Riot Fusion Moa."

Foleus nodded and inspected the designs, marking found flaws with Void energy.

1 hour ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus eventually copied the design and started altering it.

A long, low beep, punctuated intermittently with short, high-pitched beeps, sounded, and Zareth turned his attention elsewhere, likely to another room.  The HoloTech looked up after a while.  "We have a visitor, but what he's doing here I couldn't tell you."

10 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

A long, low beep, punctuated intermittently with short, high-pitched beeps, sounded, and Zareth turned his attention elsewhere, likely to another room.  The HoloTech looked up after a while.  "We have a visitor, but what he's doing here I couldn't tell you."

Foleus sighed.

"Who is 'He'?"

Just now, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus sighed.

"Who is 'He'?"

"A Tenno allied with the Sequence.  He rarely comes anywhere near us, though.  Hasn't turned in a Quittance since before I was created, if he's turned in any at all."

13 hours ago, Teloch said:

The whole formation registered the presence of the meeting party but, nevertheless, everyone remained stoic and concentrated, all except the Rhino. The bulky clad of crimson armor regularly approached two men. By doing so, the Rhino revealed his regalias, including bright maxim sigil glowing at the abdominal plate and Stratos emblem of 26 rank on the left shoulder plate. The figure came to a halt nearby the man who addressed the group, firmly planted armored feet on the ground, and hid it's palm behind the back , taking a bit "overhanging" posture. The short sound of enabling exterior speakers sounded first, then the calm and low male voice began to flow through the Thrak's "cheek" dynamics:

"Mornin', gentlemen, Colonel Teloch Siger speaking. Before we proceed, I must state that my side has but twenty-seven minutes to do the talking; we have a..." the man paused and nodded slightly at the now-landed tactical torpedo carrier, "..."warm" visit to pay to our dearest tube-originating "friends" just after this brief soiree" he spoke with a cynic voice, especially at the "friends" part. "Now, down to business: we are here to listen to your latest "security" issues with the previously mentioned "dearest friends", to find out the ways we may help you fend them off, we also want to discuss the topic of civilians transit, to hear to other possible needs you would like to see covered, and, if only there would be some time left, we may fancy ourselves with chatter on politics topic". Shortly after making his introduction, the Rhino added, "Since the topic involves orbital security and exterior forces defense, it might be a good idea to add captain Theylin to the conversation" [via HUD transmission]

"Greetings Colonel." Ryoko says. "The issue..."

He smiles grimly.

"The issue is that the whole system knows where we are." He says. "And that means we now have a target on our back for anyone looking to curry favor."

He gestures to Captain Theylin.

"The Sons of Hayden are known for protecting civilian assets across the system." He says. "And your forces are known for making life difficult for our 'dearest friends'."

He drops a holo-chip on the ground and the image of a mining colony appears.

"This colony was scheduled for a mass evacuation." He says. "To put it plainly they want to join us, and we promised we could help."

He looks up.

"But our ships are now too damaged to reach them." He says. "Theylin has assured me he can get them out. What he needs, however, is someone to cover his back while they get the civilians on board."

Ryoko looks at Teloch.

"Consider it a demonstration of your capabilities." He says. "The Chancellor is not one to award contracts based on rumors alone. She, and I, would like some proof."

Ryoko gestures to the planet.

"Succeed." He says. "And, when you are less pressed for time, we can discuss our other needs. Security, transportation, negotiations."

He turns to leave and the Dex vanish one by one.

"Once the civilians are safely back here contact the Chancellor." He says. "She will discuss payment, and any further contracts."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Greetings Colonel." Ryoko says. "The issue..."

He smiles grimly.

"The issue is that the whole system knows where we are." He says. "And that means we now have a target on our back for anyone looking to curry favor."

He gestures to Captain Theylin.

"The Sons of Hayden are known for protecting civilian assets across the system." He says. "And your forces are known for making life difficult for our 'dearest friends'."

He drops a holo-chip on the ground and the image of a mining colony appears.

"This colony was scheduled for a mass evacuation." He says. "To put it plainly they want to join us, and we promised we could help."

He looks up.

"But our ships are now too damaged to reach them." He says. "Theylin has assured me he can get them out. What he needs, however, is someone to cover his back while they get the civilians on board."

Ryoko looks at Teloch.

"Consider it a demonstration of your capabilities." He says. "The Chancellor is not one to award contracts based on rumors alone. She, and I, would like some proof."

Ryoko gestures to the planet.

"Succeed." He says. "And, when you are less pressed for time, we can discuss our other needs. Security, transportation, negotiations."

He turns to leave and the Dex vanish one by one.

"Once the civilians are safely back here contact the Chancellor." He says. "She will discuss payment, and any further contracts."

Theylin looks at Teloch. A HUD transmission of his operator's face appears.

"Did you really think they were going to just hand us contracts?" He asks. "Confidence is one thing, but that's a little much."

He bows.

"Where are my manners? Captain Theylin at your service." He says. "I look forward to working with you."

He gestures up and you notice a ship descending.

"In one hour my boys are going to be at that colony." He says. "We'd appreciate any back-up you could provide."

On 6/12/2016 at 11:44 AM, LegionCynex said:

"Thank you, I'm punching.." *She punches and flies down*

"Thank you, Im on my way"

((This is on you now. Set up shop whenever. You have permission to mini-DM any encounters at your shop.))

Edited by Rakawan

On 6/12/2016 at 11:43 AM, LegionCynex said:

"What the?, they are already in control!, *she throws her blade at the flailing ancient, to kill it, and she then uses her molt to distract the others rightfully before blowing it up with spores*

The ancients stagger and two more fall. One of them raises its mouth and emits a haunting cry. You hear a roar and the wall shakes. The remaining Ancients fall to Namira's flames. The wall shakes again and the maggot hides behind you, chittering nervously. It seems to be extremely worried about whatever is behind the wall.

8 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*She lands her craft, and steps out, waiting for someone to greet her, a Conculyst floats out and stands near her, its chims play out, like any other Sentient*

"Hello?..." 

An Archon notices you and walks over.

"Hello ma'am." He says. "Looking for something?"