The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Broken Lights?" Jas asks. "How where those ever an issue?"

"Well, someone in here (both the Chroma and the Operator  give the Operator's head a light knock with their knuckles) is. Might be something primal from one of the Subsumed."

The Operator unseathes the Redeemer from the Chroma's back and hands it to it. It bends down and slowly pushes the ragged blue cloak off the figure. The body it reveals is horrifying, the legs twisted togethor into a single limb, the spine elongated, the chest cavity distended, and the fingers long and gracile.

"I smell something, and it certainly doesn't smell good here."

The Operator says as the Chroma passes the redeemer back to the Operator who promptly places it back in it's slot.

"You first or me?"

The Operator points at the protrusion.

2 minutes ago, Unus said:

"Well, someone in here (both the Chroma and the Operator  give the Operator's head a light knock with their knuckles) is. Might be something primal from one of the Subsumed."

The Operator unseathes the Redeemer from the Chroma's back and hands it to it. It bends down and slowly pushes the ragged blue cloak off the figure. The body it reveals is horrifying, the legs twisted togethor into a single limb, the spine elongated, the chest cavity distended, and the fingers long and gracile.

"I smell something, and it certainly doesn't smell good here."

The Operator says as the Chroma passes the redeemer back to the Operator who promptly places it back in it's slot.

"You first or me?"

The Operator points at the protrusion.

"I'm using Transference." Jas says. "So I'll go. Just make sure you collect what gear you can, the modifications were expensive."

He walks towards the portrusion.

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Snoop

Therese turned to Felicity, "disagreement - the scourge of all sentient life forms. Especially when they need unity for the sake of survival. This reminds me why such sorts of conversations are prohibited in our clan. Shame you had to see this, but that was inevitable. Anyway, what would you say if we meet tomorrow and discuss your project in more details? Maybe I'd find a way to repay you for hospitality."

Edited by Teloch

17 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I'm using Transference." Jas says. "So I'll go. Just make sure you collect what gear you can, the modifications were expensive."

He walks towards the portrusion.

The Operator picks the redeemer up again, flips the cylinder open, and fingers each slug before placeing them back inside. 

"Ready as I'll ever be sir, weak doesn't always mean defenseless after all."

The Operator hands the redeemer to the Chroma and the Chroma walks up to the protrusion. Against the grey stone and sand mix of the floor, the alabaster square jutting out of the middle seems clearly out of place, smoothly carved to perfection and slightly sparkleing in the light. Beside it, a strangely cobbled device sits inert upon the floor, the wires protruding from it snakeing along the back of the protrusion like twined serpents.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Therese turned to Felicity, "disagreement - the scourge of all sentient life forms. Especially when they need unity for the sake of survival. This reminds me why such sorts of conversations are prohibited in our clan. Shame you had to see this, but that was inevitable. Anyway, what woul you say if we meet tomorrow and discuss your project in more details? Maybe i'd find a way to repay you for hospitality."

"Disagreements can be quite beneficial." She says. "You both have given me much to think about."

She begins cleaning the cups.

"That would work." She says. "I look forward to it. Even if your boss cannot make it to the ceremony, perhaps you will be there."

11 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed closes his inbox and looks around* "Geez this place is dull, what ya'll do for fun around here?"

"It's a hospital." Sam says. "I don't think they allow fun."

She has a holo-pad in her hands and is feeding various information into it.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Disagreements can be quite beneficial." She says. "You both have given me much to think about."

She begins cleaning the cups.

"That would work." She says. "I look forward to it. Even if your boss cannot make it to the ceremony, perhaps you will be there."

Therese approached the sink with busy Felicity and slightly bunted her to the side with her hip, making some space for herself to help to remove the washed cups and dishware

"Indeed I will. My task for today was to meet local officials, but then there was a sabotage, assault, court tribunal, shipments, and even a bit of crypto archeology. Not the most conducive setting, but it sure was a productive day. Let's just hope that tomorrow there will be more survivors compared to the previous batch; the whole idea that we are not doomed to slowly perish is thrilling by itself, besides that, it's literally been ages since the last time I had to interact with absolutely fresh tenno"

Seems like they finished cleaning the kitchen inventory

"Just contact me whenever you are ready to spare some time" Therese donned on her longhorn helmet and casually scratched its frontal horn, "... or feel free to call whenever you like to hang out or have a chat. Melanie was right about you being a darling, so I see no harm in that. Now, I guess I should get a move on if I wish to avoid summoning my own ride from the docks and waiting even longer"

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"It's a hospital." Sam says. "I don't think they allow fun."

She has a holo-pad in her hands and is feeding various information into it.

"A shame, who knows what kind of "Fun" we can have here" *He Chuckles and perks a brow* "That is alot of data you are streaming.."

40 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Therese approached the sink with busy Felicity and slightly bunted her to the side with her hip, making some space for herself to help to remove the washed cups and dishware

"Indeed I will. My task for today was to meet local officials, but then there was a sabotage, assault, court tribunal, shipments, and even a bit of crypto archeology. Not the most conducive setting, but it sure was a productive day. Let's just hope that tomorrow there will be more survivors compared to the previous batch; the whole idea that we are not doomed to slowly perish is thrilling by itself, besides that, it's literally been ages since the last time I had to interact with absolutely fresh tenno"

Seems like they finished cleaning the kitchen inventory

"Just contact me whenever you are ready to spare some time" Therese donned on her longhorn helmet and casually scratched its frontal horn, "... or feel free to call whenever you like to hang out or have a chat. Melanie was right about you being a darling, so I see no harm in that. Now, I guess I should get a move on if I wish to avoid summoning my own ride from the docks and waiting even longer"

"Of course." Felicity says. "Have a good evening."

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Application to the Wraiths." She says. "They are very thorough."

"Uh, can you even join them?" *He perks a brow* "As far I heard, they are not recruiting, and well being a warth is a dangerous job, you sure about this Sam?, I mean you got Bor-hug..belgh" *He chuckes* "By orokin, I can't pronounce his name" 

Just now, -Platinum- said:

"Uh, can you even join them?" *He perks a brow* "As far I heard, they are not recruiting, and well being a warth is a dangerous job, you sure about this Sam?, I mean you got Bor-hug..belgh" *He chuckes* "By orokin, I can't pronounce his name" 

"Wraiths use transference most of the time." She says. "And they aren't openly recruiting. But Dirge said once I'm a full-fledged Tenno I can attempt the Trial."

She looks at you.

"Brandon." She says. "My son's name is Brandon. Kinda concerned that you can't recall that."

26 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Of course." Felicity says. "Have a good evening."

She moves outside, waiting for the transporter near the landing platform casually lighted up by a set of portative lighters. While waiting, she checked Ulf's location, who seemed to be near the capital town already, and also checked her boss' comm availability, which didn't change since midday.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Wraiths use transference most of the time." She says. "And they aren't openly recruiting. But Dirge said once I'm a full-fledged Tenno I can attempt the Trial."

She looks at you.

"Brandon." She says. "My son's name is Brandon. Kinda concerned that you can't recall that."

*Puts his hands up a little* "Sorry, Sam, I'm not good with names, I don't mean anything by it" *He looks to her* "I can see that, but you just be careful alright?" *He sighs and leans back* "I whuold too, but eh, I'm not fussy" *He looks around* "Tho, I do want to help my Matrix"

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

She moves outside, waiting for the transporter near the landing platform casually lighted up by a set of portative lighters. While waiting, she checked Ulf's location, who seemed to be near the capital town already, and also checked her boss' comm availability, which didn't change since midday.

You can see several strange lights floating above the desert.

A set of spotlights cut through the night as a transport descends.

7 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Puts his hands up a little* "Sorry, Sam, I'm not good with names, I don't mean anything by it" *He looks to her* "I can see that, but you just be careful alright?" *He sighs and leans back* "I whuold too, but eh, I'm not fussy" *He looks around* "Tho, I do want to help my Matrix"

"It's fine." She says. "You've only met him once."

She smiles.

"Relax. It will be a while before they even let me see duty. Especially since I'll need to recover." She says. "Is Matrix your Cephalon." 

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"It's fine." She says. "You've only met him once."

She smiles.

"Relax. It will be a while before they even let me see duty. Especially since I'll need to recover." She says. "Is Matrix your Cephalon." 

*Nods* "Yeah, he is, hah my father gave him me, when I was just a boy, I was so spoiled" *He chuckles* "So been with my pal for a long time" *He looks to her* "Sure, I'll relax, tho I'm slowly beginning to go insane with the lack of things to do here.." *He sighs* "Legion whuold be makein out with Dualist and taunting me, no doute, with me being stuck in here"

19 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You can see several strange lights floating above the desert.

A set of spotlights cut through the night as a transport descends.

She hopped in as soon as the cargo was unloaded.

"The capital or the military district?" She asked a pilot about the destination.

Edited by Teloch

4 hours ago, Unus said:

The Operator picks the redeemer up again, flips the cylinder open, and fingers each slug before placeing them back inside. 

"Ready as I'll ever be sir, weak doesn't always mean defenseless after all."

The Operator hands the redeemer to the Chroma and the Chroma walks up to the protrusion. Against the grey stone and sand mix of the floor, the alabaster square jutting out of the middle seems clearly out of place, smoothly carved to perfection and slightly sparkleing in the light. Beside it, a strangely cobbled device sits inert upon the floor, the wires protruding from it snakeing along the back of the protrusion like twined serpents.

"Any clue what it does?" Jas asks.

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Military." He says. "We can swing by the Capitol if you need to though."

"Nah. Better head straight to the military quarter before my assistant gets his paws on a vehicle. Also, it would be rude to let Melanie waiting"

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Any clue what it does?" Jas asks.

"Doesn't look to familiar."

The Chroma gets extremely close to the device and picks it up, the cables only just barely "protesting" this with a slight rubbery sound. At close range, it is clear that the device was slapped togethor from one of the many consoles that was once stationed above. The design seems to have several Grinic influences in it but seems. . . older somehow. On the side, a big red button with the crude approximation of a fist scratched into it's surface paint seems to tempt the user into pressing it. Beneath that, some messy writing was scratched into the surface with something sharp.

""Crime goat t. . . t . . . tirade ov whetting, felt flor . .l . layout unatuual, went deg . . . deging und. . . ""

The Chroma massages the Operator's forehead for a few moments. 

"Yep, I know this migraine all to well, I know who did this."

The Chroma places the device on top of the protrusion and turns to expose the Operator, leaning down in a runner's stance. The Operator holds itself  up over the device and looks over at the Feyarch.

"I also know that almost anything could happen the moment I press that button, you prepared?"

Edited by Unus

22 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"There will likely be drone sightings for a few months until we find and eliminate the stragglers, but Tak has that well in hand."

Richard turned to look at Cyria.  "Ahh, the briefcase."  The Markhor helmet collapsed, and the front of the Warframe unfolded to allow him to step out of it, then rapidly folded in on itself until it was no larger than a lawyer's briefcase, entirely jet-black and complete with latches.  Richard tossed in the air and caught it, demonstrating its lightweight nature.

"This baby is the product of several years of monumental failure.  Getting a Warframe to compress into a briefcase was easy.  Getting it decompressed and ready for immediate use?  Much more difficult."  He shrugged and tossed the briefcase directly in front of him, and it expanded to land on its feet as the Oberon.  The back opened up, and he stepped into it.  It closed up around him, and the helmet folded up to click into place.  "I'd explain the physics behind it, but quite frankly I'm not sure I understand most of them."

"That is pretty impressive, do you think you could make one of those for me? A friend of mine really could use that."

Aaron shrugged the briefcase off, he always prefered being in his warframe. He climbed up on the ship and looked around. "Cyria, our new friends have the items required to continue our research right?"

"Yea."

"I will be returning to our base if that's the case. Knowing that Volt I can't leave him in charge for too long anyway." Aaron says as he slides down again, heading back from the direction they came. 

5 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"That is pretty impressive, do you think you could make one of those for me? A friend of mine really could use that."

Aaron shrugged the briefcase off, he always prefered being in his warframe. He climbed up on the ship and looked around. "Cyria, our new friends have the items required to continue our research right?"

"Yea."

"I will be returning to our base if that's the case. Knowing that Volt I can't leave him in charge for too long anyway." Aaron says as he slides down again, heading back from the direction they came. 

"I can certainly make the attempt if you're willing to provide the parts, but I'm not sure I'd be able to do it again, or if it would be safe.  I can tell you for certain it won't work with Transference."