The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Therese simply waited until Melanie done with her chores with the recruit.

"Burning the morning oil instead of browsing I&C and cash flow reports? I can almost bet you don't miss them much"

"Not one bit." Melanie says. She flips up her visor and you see her face beaming. "The other Chairman take care of those. My only focus is training and mission briefing."

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Aye. There is the new place. The hostess is a bit strange, but the meat was nice. At least yesterday" he said while driving "Hope she has a drive-in for XL vehicles"

When the behemoth parked near the shop, the particularly loud claxon signal followed, informing either about a presence of a tribe of mammoths who have just hit the mating season or about heavy AV drivers who waited for their damned portion of morning proteins; the sounds were pretty much indistinguishable. 

"No drive in?" Grok asks. "Normally I'd suggest we provide them with one... if you catch my drift."

He shakes his head.

"But I've heard about this lady." He says. "Even Colonel Luc is concerned about her. And what concerns the Colonel should terrify us."

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

Sadly, the steak house had no drive in. Probably because most of the budget went into the dungeon.

Inside was still empty, with the Mirage supporting her chin with her hand at the counter.

Grok climbs out the hatch and pushes through the doors, not even glancing at the sign.

"Good morning miss." He says. "We seek food and drink for the morning."

"The juiciest, bloodiest." Grok starts then pauses. "Scratch that, the second juiciest hamburger you have. And well done. I have a feeling I'm gonna be tasting it twice this afternoon, so don't skimp on the spices."

He hands you a credit chip worth a few times more than the burger.

"And keep the change." He says. "Ulf, what'll you have. Meridian's paying for this one."

13 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Not one bit." Melanie says. She flips up her visor and you see her face beaming. "The other Chairman take care of those. My only focus is training and mission briefing."

"The labor division in its finest. At least until people start to play a tug of war around authority points and responsibilities; that's where the things tend to turn ugly sometimes. In any case, I carried two observations from yesterday: there was unidentified tenno terrorist who somehow found out about sentient's brood drone existence and location, and the other one is the fact that this colony seemed to draw the attention of other clans. Mind giving me hints on who are they, so I could figure out if we have any sort of relationships with the new arrivals?"

Edited by Teloch

12 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"The juiciest, bloodiest." Grok starts then pauses. "Scratch that, the second juiciest hamburger you have. And well done. I have a feeling I'm gonna be tasting it twice this afternoon, so don't skimp on the spices."

He hands you a credit chip worth a few times more than the burger.

"And keep the change." He says. "Ulf, what'll you have. Meridian's paying for this one."

"The benefit of liberating grineer defectors from warlords possessed by the reality show format: Meridian buys you food" Ulf commented jokingly after getting into the building and clapping engineer's shoulder.

"Hey, missy, make me a submarine sandwich with bacon, ham, sweet pepper, and cream cheese" 

Edited by Teloch

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

"The labor division in its finest. At least until people start to play a tug of war around authority points and responsibilities; that's where the things tend to turn ugly sometimes. In any case, I carried two observations from yesterday: there was unidentified tenno terrorist who somehow found out about sentient's brood drone existence and location, and the other one is the fact that this colony seemed to draw the attention of other clans. Mind giving me hints on who are they, so I could figure out if we have any sort of relationships with the new arrivals?"

((Will edit colors later.))

"Thise would be the Fire Hawx Clan." Melanie says. "They do research and development and took an interest in the relics."

31 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((Will edit colors later.))

"Thise would be the Fire Hawx Clan." Melanie says. "They do research and development and took an interest in the relics."

"Interesting. Even though we know about them, we do not have any shared projects or established channels, unlike their allies from the Voidwalkers, with whom we exchange from time to time. Some of our operatives - predominately from the recon corps - meet their personnel in the field now and then, but so far there were no issues. I can say that they are a rather speckled bunch of individuals, especially interested in AI, robotics, and other branches of practical science. Congratulations, Melanie, you've been graced with even more nerds" She concluded jokingly.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Interesting. Even though we know about them, we do not have any shared projects or established channels, unlike their allies from the Voidwalkers, with whom we exchange from time to time. Some of our operatives - predominately from the recon corps - meet their personnel in the field now and then, but so far there were no issues. I can say that they are a rather speckled bunch of individuals, especially interested in AI, robotics, and other branches of practical science. Congratulations, Melanie, you've been graced with even more nerds" She concluded jokingly.

"We could use them." She says. "R & D is an important part of any military."

She nods to something behind you.

"Speaking of such."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"We could use them." She says. "R & D is an important part of any military."

She nods to something behind you.

"Speaking of such."

Well I sure won't argue with that she wanted to say first but instead turned around to look at something that stole Melanie's focus

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Well I sure won't argue with that she wanted to say first but instead turned around to look at something that stole Melanie's focus

You see several Meridian troops flexing in armor that appears similar to that worn by Executioner Gorth.

"How are the new suits treating you, gentlemen?" Melanie asks. 

One of the troopers flicks up his helmet and grins. 

"Perfect fit." He says. "I'd say these new Chimera power suits are a success."

You can see hydraulics and other movement assist systems within the armor.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You see several Meridian troops flexing in armor that appears similar to that worn by Executioner Gorth.

"How are the new suits treating you, gentlemen?" Melanie asks. 

One of the troopers flicks up his helmet and grins. 

"Perfect fit." He says. "I'd say these new Chimera power suits are a success."

You can see hydraulics and other movement assist systems within the armor.

"Someone been either trading with or robbing corpus of their more complex spare parts, I see. Shame that warlord Johan Dieter can't see these; he grew sick of orokin and tenno tech lately and made everyone know that. I guess he's now busy averting conflicts between our R&D and engineering departments over the resources you sent yesterday and probably dreaming of "artistic freedom""

On September 22, 2016 at 9:46 PM, Unus said:

((Que garbled noise in the manner of an accelerated tape)) ((sound of someone pressing the play button on a tape-recorder))

The Chroma turns away from the chunk of stone it was eyeing at the entrance and turns around, revealing the Operator pulled into a faux-standing position. Flicking the side of it's head to retract the Naramon lens back into it's seath, it eyeballs the newcomer curiously, but with a warm smile.

"Could always use an extra pair of limbs when it comes to the unknown sir, is he brought up to speed?"

The Chroma bends the Operator's legs for it as it does a reverent bow to both of them.

"To tell you the truth, the only new things I have to say are that A) that protruding rock with the hatch in it was carved in minute detail over the course of 20 years by a single craftsmen and 2) those noises haven't ceased ever since the hole opened up."

The Operator pantomimes a dramatic athletic flip as the Chroma lifts it over it's shoulders and places it into the harness.

"Needless to say, I'm interested."

((Whoops, goddem road bump))

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"He has been bought up to speed." Jas says. "Assuming he was listening."

The Loki shrugs.

"Fair enough, should be able to weasel out of any particular unpleasantness we happen to trip over on our way through. . . uh, whatever were going to."

The Chroma walks over to the rim of the tent-pit, stands stock still at the precipice, and then proceeds to perform a swimmers dive into the abyss with a faint whistling sound. A few moments later, a loud and echoey boom rumbles the ground a bit and a voice drifts up from the void below.

"Nearly flawless AND I missed our uh. . . "mutual associate", shall we say. I'd call that a small victory in my book."

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Someone been either trading with or robbing corpus of their more complex spare parts, I see. Shame that warlord Johan Dieter can't see these; he grew sick of orokin and tenno tech lately and made everyone know that. I guess he's now busy averting conflicts between our R&D and engineering departments over the resources you sent yesterday and probably dreaming of "artistic freedom""

"We have a few black market contacts that can usually supply us with the necessary equipment." Melanie says. "And tell us where the important stuff is when they can't."

She gestures to the Archons.

"Archon tech generally uses industrial grade servos." She says. "The Manticores use the military grade stuff, but their armor weighs at least a ton."

1 hour ago, Unus said:

"Fair enough, should be able to weasel out of any particular unpleasantness we happen to trip over on our way through. . . uh, whatever were going to."

The Chroma walks over to the rim of the tent-pit, stands stock still at the precipice, and then proceeds to perform a swimmers dive into the abyss with a faint whistling sound. A few moments later, a loud and echoey boom rumbles the ground a bit and a voice drifts up from the void below.

"Nearly flawless AND I missed our uh. . . "mutual associate", shall we say. I'd call that a small victory in my book."

Dixon and Jas follow you, both landing on the feet in a very graceful manner.

Dixon immediately unholsters a Rubico and cloaks, while Jas raises his shield and surveys the area.

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"We have a few black market contacts that can usually supply us with the necessary equipment." Melanie says. "And tell us where the important stuff is when they can't."

She gestures to the Archons.

"Archon tech generally uses industrial grade servos." She says. "The Manticores use the military grade stuff, but their armor weighs at least a ton."

She reminisced about something for a moment.

"The tank dilemma: should construction-supporting system get damaged enough, all the armor layers transform from strength to weakness, as they strip the whole construction of its mobility. But I'm sure you are perfectly aware of that and made the necessary tweaks"

Edited by Teloch

45 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Dixon and Jas follow you, both landing on the feet in a very graceful manner.

Dixon immediately unholsters a Rubico and cloaks, while Jas raises his shield and surveys the area.

Little appears to have changed since the protrusion was cracked open, the room was still as dark and dim as it ever was before and the dead thing appeared to be just as dead as before. Still, a strange array of whirrs, gusts of air, and clanks could be heard 10x as loud as they should have been in that subterranean room. Nearby, the Chroma was standing face first into the hole, the Operator sitting close by holding it's tail-membrane with one hand and seemingly stareing at nothing.

"Sounds like you made it, good, wish I could say that I've seen anything worthwhile, but, best thing I've seen is a bit of a blue glow and a set of moving lights."

Edited by Unus

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

She reminisced about something for a moment.

"The tank dilemma: should construction-supporting system get damaged enough, all the armor layers transform from strength to weakness, as they strip the whole construction of its mobility. But I'm sure you are perfectly aware of that and made the necessary tweaks"

Melanie opens her mouth to respond when a message pops up for both of you on separate channels. It is from Felicity.

"Ascension moved up." It says. "Monastery 0800 hours."

"0800." Melanie says. "That's 15 minutes from now."

She grabs a nearby soldier.

"I must attend to some business." She says. "Have Bill take over for me here."

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Little appears to have changed since the protrusion was cracked open, the room was still as dark and dim as it ever was before and the dead thing appeared to be just as dead as before. Still, a strange array of whirrs, gusts of air, and clanks could be heard 10x as loud as they should have been in that subterranean room. Nearby, the Chroma was standing face first into the hole, the Operator sitting close by holding it's tail-membrane with one hand and seemingly stareing at nothing.

"Sounds like you made it, good, wish I could say that I've seen anything worthwhile, but, best thing I've seen is a bit of a blue glow and a set of moving lights."

"Moving lights?" Jas asks. "Sentient?"

You can see the outline of Dixon on your HUD, he is looking intently at the body, scratching his chin.

15 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Melanie opens her mouth to respond when a message pops up for both of you on separate channels. It is from Felicity.

"Ascension moved up." It says. "Monastery 0800 hours."

"0800." Melanie says. "That's 15 minutes from now."

She grabs a nearby soldier.

"I must attend to some business." She says. "Have Bill take over for me here."

"It appears that our dear Felicity left us no time for primping. Shall we make haste?" Therese commented after looking to her message

Edited by Teloch