The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Alan notices you both and motions you over.

"It would appear we have no choice." Felicity says, solemnly, walking over to them.

She walks as well and slightly tilts her head as if waiting for others to explain the situation and bring up their arguments

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

She walks as well and slightly tilts her head as if waiting for others to explain the situation and bring up their arguments

"The DEAD are my responsibility." Tak says, his voice authoritative. "This Ascension is your project Ryoko, I am not obligated to risk my charges to protect yours."

"The primary reason the shades were created was to give people closure, and preserve knowledge." Darrin says. "Knowledge can be written down, and many of those who need closure have long since attained or given up on it. If the shades can ensure the survival of further candidates then it is irresponsible not to at least offer them the chance to try."

"When I created the process to create these shades,, it was far from perfect." Ryoko says. "The first were little better than Shadows. You have advanced this void magic far beyond what I thought possible. It stands to reason that it may be possible, likely even that it can be perfected. With testing we can know for sure whether or not sacrifice is even required. It may be possible to preserve both our past and our future."

"Perhaps a fres set of voices will bring clarity to this." Alan says. "Major Bloom, Felicity. What are your thoughts on the matter?"

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"The DEAD are my responsibility." Tak says, his voice authoritative. "This Ascension is your project Ryoko, I am not obligated to risk my charges to protect yours."

"The primary reason the shades were created was to give people closure, and preserve knowledge." Darrin says. "Knowledge can be written down, and many of those who need closure have long since attained or given up on it. If the shades can ensure the survival of further candidates then it is irresponsible not to at least offer them the chance to try."

"When I created the process to create these shades,, it was far from perfect." Ryoko says. "The first were little better than Shadows. You have advanced this void magic far beyond what I thought possible. It stands to reason that it may be possible, likely even that it can be perfected. With testing we can know for sure whether or not sacrifice is even required. It may be possible to preserve both our past and our future."

"Perhaps a fres set of voices will bring clarity to this." Alan says. "Major Bloom, Felicity. What are your thoughts on the matter?"

Therese mused for some moments begore starting her speech, her gaze took aim at nothingness before she began to speak.

"At first, we must consider the status of these shades. Considering that they are the final products of their formerly living forms and that they are the advanced memorials of the deceased, ain't no one has the right to incorporate them and to put to utilitarian uses via compulsion. Doing so will be the same thing as vandalizing graves for the sake of loot. In my opinion, these shades can not be incorporated and used as assets. But! Earlier I was told that they are not enforced to stay in their afterlife form, which means they are free to continue the behavioral line of their formerly living owners. Returning to the statement that they are the advanced testaments, we also have no right to obstruct the will of the deceased from happening. If someone's legacy, which stems either from their life path or recorded behest,  involves the final sacrifice for the sake of others, then averting such scenario would be equal to stealing departed's property. In short, the shades should neither be persuaded or forced to sacrifice but also they should not be robbed of the opportunity to do so, if that's their will"

Edited by Teloch

On 9/23/2016 at 3:12 PM, Rakawan said:

"Scan came back clear." A voice says. "Welcome to the world of Tomorrow!"

The rail powers up and waits for you.

Tomorrow it said.  Firefly gave a small snort of amusement as she meandered casually onto the rail to get to the next location.  What she carried on her was fairly basic in the sense that to most, it'd be just random gadgets, however for the hacker and having made drastic modifications to the devices, it was far more capable than that.  That and the single gun on her leg which - for the moment, was forgotten about.

Anyone else about probably hasn't drawn her attention - yet.  She just bides her time for now until she's reached her destination.

On 9/30/2016 at 3:27 PM, kyrozon said:

Seerena watched the conversation between Felicity and the others who where unknown to her pass by. She had gotten distracted by a message from her clan and had completly lost track of what happend. She took a look around to see where the exit was. 

You see an exit close to the wall. However as you approach a man in ornate robes approaches and bows.

"Sister." He says. "You are one of the Fire Hawx correct?"

On 10/2/2016 at 4:21 AM, LunarFirefly said:

Tomorrow it said.  Firefly gave a small snort of amusement as she meandered casually onto the rail to get to the next location.  What she carried on her was fairly basic in the sense that to most, it'd be just random gadgets, however for the hacker and having made drastic modifications to the devices, it was far more capable than that.  That and the single gun on her leg which - for the moment, was forgotten about.

Anyone else about probably hasn't drawn her attention - yet.  She just bides her time for now until she's reached her destination.

You come out of punch to see an planet, covered in blue and green, and ringed by a variety of ships. Tenno Carriers float next to massive

warships, bearing a glaive-like insignia. Three ships climbing into orbit catch your eye. They are orokin in designed but far larger than any ship you have encountered. They dwarf the warships and two bear the marks of combat.

A Formorian also sits in orbit, repainted in Steel meridian colors. Meridian ships float around it, and you detect scan waves incoming.

On 9/30/2016 at 0:49 PM, Teloch said:

Therese mused for some moments begore starting her speech, her gaze took aim at nothingness before she began to speak.

"At first, we must consider the status of these shades. Considering that they are the final products of their formerly living forms and that they are the advanced memorials of the deceased, ain't no one has the right to incorporate them and to put to utilitarian uses via compulsion. Doing so will be the same thing as vandalizing graves for the sake of loot. In my opinion, these shades can not be incorporated and used as assets. But! Earlier I was told that they are not enforced to stay in their afterlife form, which means they are free to continue the behavioral line of their formerly living owners. Returning to the statement that they are the advanced testaments, we also have no right to obstruct the will of the deceased from happening. If someone's legacy, which stems either from their life path or recorded behest,  involves the final sacrifice for the sake of others, then averting such scenario would be equal to stealing departed's property. In short, the shades should neither be persuaded or forced to sacrifice but also they should not be robbed of the opportunity to do so, if that's their will"

"To even request such would be a breach of conduct." Tak says. "Have they not earned enough respect in life to dissuade requests to be lab rats."

"Any preliminary tests would be theoretical and mostly energy measurements." Darrin says. "There would be no need for volunteers at first. I can produce some lesser imprints for work from my own oro."

Mira smiles at Theresa.

"I agree with the Zealot." She says. "If they want to sacrifice themselves, let them. They deserve that much."

The conversation turns to other matters and Ryoko turns to Felicity.

"Wait for just a moment." He says. "You too Major." 

He turns back to the conversation as the talknofnexperiments continues, then turns to the nature of void magic and the training of new recruits.

You see the Tenno before the new recruits lead them away, speaking to them in low tones.

On 9/30/2016 at 10:46 AM, Teloch said:

Ulf bumped his grineer pal and whispered "I hope she washed her hands before making it", not particularly hinting on the hostesses latest reply about her involvement with the railroads service.

"I've consumed about a quart of grease by now." Grok says. "Come to enjoy the flavor."

On 9/30/2016 at 10:55 AM, Unus said:

As you speak, a voice seems to drown out your words. It is emotionless and crackles with thick static, and yet it words seem to give the appearence of emotion.

"Hold st(static). . . 9 new species of bact(static). . . uld it be."

There is a slight sizzling sound before the blue light fades. You find yourself still clenched as you were before, but can actually feel unused muscles relax.

"What was THAT"

Echoes the Operator's voice down the shaft.

"I don't know." Dixon says. "The frame just locked up. Then someone said something about bacteria samples and it unlocked again. There was also a flash of blue light."

He continues to move down the rope.

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"To even request such would be a breach of conduct." Tak says. "Have they not earned enough respect in life to dissuade requests to be lab rats."

"Any preliminary tests would be theoretical and mostly energy measurements." Darrin says. "There would be no need for volunteers at first. I can produce some lesser imprints for work from my own oro."

Mira smiles at Theresa.

"I agree with the Zealot." She says. "If they want to sacrifice themselves, let them. They deserve that much."

The conversation turns to other matters and Ryoko turns to Felicity.

"Wait for just a moment." He says. "You too Major." 

He turns back to the conversation as the talknofnexperiments continues, then turns to the nature of void magic and the training of new recruits.

You see the Tenno before the new recruits lead them away, speaking to them in low tones.

"Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be," Therese said to Felicity. "Although, I hoped to meet the neophytes and probably to have a chat with them. Meeting freshmen is always invigorating, especially for our species"

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

You see an exit close to the wall. However as you approach a man in ornate robes approaches and bows.

"Sister." He says. "You are one of the Fire Hawx correct?"

Seerena turned to the man and nodded. "Yes, I'm a member of the Fire Hawx."

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"I don't know." Dixon says. "The frame just locked up. Then someone said something about bacteria samples and it unlocked again. There was also a flash of blue light."

He continues to move down the rope.

"Must be some kind of faulty security system?"

The Operator's voice echoes faintly down to you, barely heard above the endless din of machinery.

"In case it isn't, backup is currently on the way as. . . we. . . speak!"

Slowly, carefully, you finally hit the bottom floor and are treated to a confuseing sight. Something that vaguely looks like some manner of engine coated in some manner of oily residue is thrusting into a wall lightly, it's engines barely flickering in such a way that each "flick" lights up the surroundings in a flash of orange. In the flickers of orange light, you can make out a greasy stain on the floor and two narrow pathways to the left and right that fade out into murky blackness. Behind you, the rope rustles slightly back and forth.

Edited by Unus

10 hours ago, Teloch said:

"Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be," Therese said to Felicity. "Although, I hoped to meet the neophytes and probably to have a chat with them. Meeting freshmen is always invigorating, especially for our species"

"I would like to speak to them as well." Felicity says. "But you know how it is. The world seems... alive... in so many ways. Everything is new. It's overwhelming."

Ryoko finishes his conversation and Tak claps his hands.

"Then if there is nothing else." He says. "There is nothing else right....?"

He looks pointedly at Ryoko who seems apprehensive, nervous even, an emotion you have not seen on the Elder Tenno.

"Yes." He says, taking a breath. "I would like you all to bear witness."

Half to himself you hear him mutter.

"Should have done this a long time ago."

9 hours ago, kyrozon said:

Seerena turned to the man and nodded. "Yes, I'm a member of the Fire Hawx."

"There is an individual." He says. "One of our order, he disappeared with one of your clan."

He seems uneasy.

"Could you get him a message." He says. "And keep it private?"

8 hours ago, Unus said:

"Must be some kind of faulty security system?"

The Operator's voice echoes faintly down to you, barely heard above the endless din of machinery.

"In case it isn't, backup is currently on the way as. . . we. . . speak!"

Slowly, carefully, you finally hit the bottom floor and are treated to a confuseing sight. Something that vaguely looks like some manner of engine coated in some manner of oily residue is thrusting into a wall lightly, it's engines barely flickering in such a way that each "flick" lights up the surroundings in a flash of orange. In the flickers of orange light, you can make out a greasy stain on the floor and two narrow pathways to the left and right that fade out into murky blackness. Behind you, the rope rustles slightly back and forth.

Dixon sweeps his Rubico side to side.

"Machinery." He says. "But for what purpose?"

He looks at the stain on the ground.

"I hope that is not blood."

"Secure the area." Jas says. "We're coming down."

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Dixon sweeps his Rubico side to side.

"Machinery." He says. "But for what purpose?"

He looks at the stain on the ground.

"I hope that is not blood."

"Secure the area." Jas says. "We're coming down."

Up above, the same  blue flicker as before flips on and illuminates a figure, freezing it in place. When the blue light fades, the figure above jolts forward on the rope falling a few feet in free-fall before  desperately scrabbling for and grasping the rope. The figure inches slowly downwards a few more feet before simply letting go and dropping like a stone. With a loud slam, the Chroma crashes into the floor, throwing the Operator clear into the stain and skidding into the black. 

"Owowowowowwwww!"

The echoing cry of the Operator emits from the Chroma's cranial speaker.

"Wretched machine just hit me with something!"

The Chroma stumbles upright in a drunken manner, it's hand immediately going to it's shoulder as if grasping some sort of circular       object. 

" It's uh . . . it's stuck. Anybody want to help me see what I'm struggling with here?"

8 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"There is an individual." He says. "One of our order, he disappeared with one of your clan."

He seems uneasy.

"Could you get him a message." He says. "And keep it private?"

"Yes, I can manage that. As long as you tell me which Tenno I should be looking for.

Ryoko kneels before Felicity.

"A long time ago, millennia in fact, I asked you a question." He says. "IBut because of Terminus I was denied an answer."

He retrieves something from his robe.

"There are many who might say this isn't a good time." He says. "But I see no better one. Our enemies are defeated, our people are safe. And for the first time I find myself desiring something besides renown and experimentation."

He opens a small box and a prisms crystal, crafted into the image of a lotus flower and brimming with energy appears atop a ring of platinum. 

"I, Ryoko, Elder Tenno, First practitioner of void magic, Guardian of Phenix and Arbiter of Miraalan," He says. "Do humbly and with great respect, request your hand in marriage."

Felicity seems as shocked as the rest of the group. The fan atop Darrin's squall helmet comes to an abrupt stop.

Felicity smiles, blushing.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Up above, the same  blue flicker as before flips on and illuminates a figure, freezing it in place. When the blue light fades, the figure above jolts forward on the rope falling a few feet in free-fall before  desperately scrabbling for and grasping the rope. The figure inches slowly downwards a few more feet before simply letting go and dropping like a stone. With a loud slam, the Chroma crashes into the floor, throwing the Operator clear into the stain and skidding into the black. 

"Owowowowowwwww!"

The echoing cry of the Operator emits from the Chroma's cranial speaker.

"Wretched machine just hit me with something!"

The Chroma stumbles upright in a drunken manner, it's hand immediately going to it's shoulder as if grasping some sort of circular       object. 

" It's uh . . . it's stuck. Anybody want to help me see what I'm struggling with here?"

Has immediately sends healing orbs towards you, then moves before the machine, shield raised. Dixon walks over and shines a helmet light on the wound. 

Jas notices the lack of the Operator and follows the smear of oil.

5 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"Yes, I can manage that. As long as you tell me which Tenno I should be looking for.

He describes Cyria and the Neophyte to you. 

"Tell him I am still interested in that 'black book' of his." He says. "If he has found someone to 'translate' the pages."

Ryoko kneels before Felicity.

"A long time ago, millennia in fact, I asked you a question." He says. "IBut because of Terminus I was denied an answer."

He retrieves something from his robe.

"There are many who might say this isn't a good time." He says. "But I see no better one. Our enemies are defeated, our people are safe. And for the first time I find myself desiring something besides renown and experimentation."

He opens a small box and a prisms crystal, crafted into the image of a lotus flower and brimming with energy appears atop a ring of platinum. 

"I, Ryoko, Elder Tenno, First practitioner of void magic, Guardian of Phenix and Arbiter of Miraalan," He says. "Do humbly and with great respect, request your hand in marriage."

Felicity seems as shocked as the rest of the group. The fan atop Darrin's squall helmet comes to an abrupt stop.

Felicity smiles, blushing.

Therese experienced a sudden cognitive dissonance attack. A marriage. Between a tenno and an orkin. Less than a day after a massive assault on the homeworld. Half an hour after the experiment that took people lives. A couple of minutes after having an argument how to continue the project. Honestly, she began to get used to the spontaneous demeanour of the locals. But she still kept that little bit shocked expression.

A wedding? How should people behave during those? And how am I supposed to react?

Slowly, the realization of the fact that the knowledge of this side of human life occupied the furthermost reaches of her memory - somewhere on the border between deep obliviousness and complete erase - creeped in.

She slightly clapped Felicity's shoulder and slowly moved back with a rather silly expression on her face. After that, she stood bit closer to Tak and her face turned pensive.

Edited by Teloch

35 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He describes Cyria and the Neophyte to you. 

"Tell him I am still interested in that 'black book' of his." He says. "If he has found someone to 'translate' the pages."

Seerena threw a short glance over her shoulder because of all the fuzz around the proposal. 

"I will go to them immediatly. Is there anywhere they could meet up with you when I find then?" 

Has immediately sends healing orbs towards you, then moves before the machine, shield raised. Dixon walks over and shines a helmet light on the wound. 

Jas notices the lack of the Operator and follows the smear of oil.

There are no marks or blemishes of any kind on the Chroma. For all intents and purposes, the Chroma appears to be grasping and pulling at thin air, albeit in a rather disturbingly "solid" manner. 

"How bad. . . how bad is it? Whatever it is."

The Chroma asks.

Elsewhere, the "new" grease stain trails off into a crack between what appears to be a the edges of a pair of massive metal "boxes". Here, the repetitive mechanical noises of before are at their loudest, roaring out from above with all the pleasant noisiness of an active train yard blended togethor with the sound of a scrap metal crusher. A hand sticks out limply from between the machines.

23 hours ago, kyrozon said:

Seerena threw a short glance over her shoulder because of all the fuzz around the proposal. 

"I will go to them immediatly. Is there anywhere they could meet up with you when I find then?" 

"Tell him the third line from the mountains." He says. "He'll know what I mean."