The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

On 10/4/2016 at 7:37 AM, Teloch said:

Therese experienced a sudden cognitive dissonance attack. A marriage. Between a tenno and an orkin. Less than a day after a massive assault on the homeworld. Half an hour after the experiment that took people lives. A couple of minutes after having an argument how to continue the project. Honestly, she began to get used to the spontaneous demeanour of the locals. But she still kept that little bit shocked expression.

A wedding? How should people behave during those? And how am I supposed to react?

Slowly, the realization of the fact that the knowledge of this side of human life occupied the furthermost reaches of her memory - somewhere on the border between deep obliviousness and complete erase - creeped in.

She slightly clapped Felicity's shoulder and slowly moved back with a rather silly expression on her face. After that, she stood bit closer to Tak and her face turned pensive.

"I, Felicity, Last of the Orokin, Architect of Ascension, and Second Generation Tenno," Felicity says. "Accept your proposal."

She lifts her hand and Ryoko slides the ring into it.

Instead of a kiss, the two grab shoulders and forearms.

"Yours," They both echo. "In life and death, by blood and steel. May the void leave us, and the Maker abandon us, if we fail in our oath."

Edited by Rakawan

Alan walks over to stand by Theresa. While all the Oro-Keepers seem powerful, he radiates a sense of ancient power. There is little doubt that he is an Elder Tenno.

"First time seeing a Tenno proposal?" He asks. "It is a rare sight."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Alan walks over to stand by Theresa. While all the Oro-Keepers seem powerful, he radiates a sense of ancient power. There is little doubt that he is an Elder Tenno.

"First time seeing a Tenno proposal?" He asks. "It is a rare sight."

"In my life, I witnessed more sentient broodships than proposals; not only those of our species. It's a bit unnerving experience, as you can imagine"

22 hours ago, Unus said:

There are no marks or blemishes of any kind on the Chroma. For all intents and purposes, the Chroma appears to be grasping and pulling at thin air, albeit in a rather disturbingly "solid" manner. 

"How bad. . . how bad is it? Whatever it is."

The Chroma asks.

Elsewhere, the "new" grease stain trails off into a crack between what appears to be a the edges of a pair of massive metal "boxes". Here, the repetitive mechanical noises of before are at their loudest, roaring out from above with all the pleasant noisiness of an active train yard blended togethor with the sound of a scrap metal crusher. A hand sticks out limply from between the machines.

"I don't see any marks." Dixon says.

Jas grabs the arm and pulls gently.

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"In my life, I witnessed more sentient broodships than proposals; not only those of our species. It's a bit unnerving experience, as you can imagine"

"I find it beautiful and encouraging." Alan says. "To know that amidst all the chaos we Tenno can have some semblance of normal life."

He holds out his hand.

"Alan." He says. "Former chairman of the Tenno Council."

Just now, Rakawan said:

"I find it beautiful and encouraging." Alan says. "To know that amidst all the chaos we Tenno can have some semblance of normal life."

He holds out his hand.

"Alan." He says. "Former chairman of the Tenno Council."

She stretches hers for a handshake as well

"Therese Bloom, that particular know-it-all major locals were gossiping about lately" She attempted a bit of self-irony just to dispell her anxiety.

"Not quite sure about "encouraging", but this is definitely something you simply won't see among army men due to the unwritten taboo on... this sphere of life"

46 minutes ago, Teloch said:

She stretches hers for a handshake as well

"Therese Bloom, that particular know-it-all major locals were gossiping about lately" She attempted a bit of self-irony just to dispell her anxiety.

"Not quite sure about "encouraging", but this is definitely something you simply won't see among army men due to the unwritten taboo on... this sphere of life"

"Ahh miliatary life." Alan says. "Must be odd seeing a world without such rigid rules."

He watches as Felicity speaks excitedly with Mira and Melanie, and Ryoko speaks solemnly with Darrin and Tak.

"So how is old Bullseye?" He asks. "Seems like he's fine well fit himself."

Edited by Rakawan

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Ahh miliatary life." Alan says. "Must be odd seeing a world without such rigid rules."

He watches as Felicity speaks excitedly with Mira and Melanie, and Ryoko speaks solemnly with Darrin and Tak.

"So how is old Bullseye?" He asks. "Seems like he's fine well fit himself."

The mentioning of her mentor's old nickname instantly pulled off from the mild confusion.

"You know colonel Siger?" she asked, "He now commands four thousand tenno soldiers, featuring vets and relative rookies, sends his student to do the exhaustive job of diplomacy so he could personally run the projects he finds dreadful. So, not that bad... I think"

She looked at the freshly groom and bride.

"He'll be here tomorrow with a visit. If you two know each other, it might be a good idea to meet up and have a chatter over something tasty. As far as I know my mentor, meeting old friends is something that fuels him"

Edited by Teloch

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

The mentioning of her mentor's old nickname instantly pulled off from the mild confusion.

"You know colonel Siger?" she asked, "He now commands four thousand tenno soldiers, featuring vets and relative rookies, sends his student to do the exhaustive job of diplomacy to personally run projects he finds dreadful. So, not that bad... I think"

She looked at the freshly groom and bride.

"He'll be here tomorrow with a visit. If you two know each other, it might be a good idea to meet up and have a chatter over something tasty. As far as I know my mentor, meeting old friends is something that fuels him"

"Know?" Alan asks. "I was one of a few Council lots that new him as Teloch, and not 'that crazy renegade'." 

His voice grows wistful.

"He was one of a few who never sugarcoated things." Alan says. "If I messed up you better believe he had something to say."

He sighs.

"We could have used more like him on the council." He says, then laughs. "Ahh but I'm rambling." 

He smiles.

"I'd enjoy that." He says. "I'll keep my eye out for his arrival."

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Tell him the third line from the mountains." He says. "He'll know what I mean."

Seerena nodded. "I will see if I can convince them to go there, farewell." She says as she walks out of the exit. The orokin proxy just shortly stares at the man before following after the Banshee.

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"I don't see any marks." Dixon says.

Jas grabs the arm and pulls gently.

The Chroma shudders and "pulls" as hard as it can. 

"That CAN'T be right! Every twitch feels like it's a. . ."

The Chroma actually stops and looks at the hand that's been grasping at the "wound" the entire time. 

"What is. . . how did. . ."

The Chroma's other arm reaches over it's shoulder and taps around the empty space there.

"No. . . No!"

The Chroma's headlamp flicks on and it begins frantically swinging around into the black. 

"Where! Where could I. . .there!"

The Chroma points to the greasey smear across the floor and begins running, in the direct it is smeared.

"Hurry,  the sooner I can reconnect, the less likely I'll end up stuck in this thing or. . . worse."

21 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Know?" Alan asks. "I was one of a few Council lots that new him as Teloch, and not 'that crazy renegade'." 

His voice grows wistful.

"He was one of a few who never sugarcoated things." Alan says. "If I messed up you better believe he had something to say."

He sighs.

"We could have used more like him on the council." He says, then laughs. "Ahh but I'm rambling." 

He smiles.

"I'd enjoy that." He says. "I'll keep my eye out for his arrival."

"Uhh... Sure. I'll give him the agenda as soon as the raid breaks the comm silence regime" 

She looked around, mostly focusing on the void radiation turbine and those people that were still in the hall.

"Can you tell me anything about the neophytes? Seeing freshmen is as tempting as breaking a container full of orokin chocolate, so I thought you might have some details on them"

Edited by Teloch

23 hours ago, Rakawan said:

After Grok and Ulf finish their sandwiches the Grineer looks outside.

"Well I suppose we should go drive that monstrosity." He says. 

The bearded man just nodded and donned his squall helmet (which many people consider funny for some reason). After getting back into the steel monstrosity, he checked the machine's dashboard audio device for possible radio stations or stored tunes. 

200 minutes leva's polka marathon? Seriously?! He inquired mentally after spotting the way-too-strange record and continuing the further search.

"Oy, we're going to the testing ground, free roam, or both?" He asked the grineer engineer

Edited by Teloch

A young woman stood quiet on the platform with a backpack hung over her shoulder and a duffle bag full of tools gripped in her hand.  She was timid; nervous and uncertain of what was to come after having recently departed her home and family.  But she wanted to go out into he universe and explore the possibilities!  Soft eyes drink in the scene before her before a chime would draw her focus towards the console of the rail she had been on, and the crowd of people moving around her to get in line.

Focusing forward, she would wait for her turn before approaching the area in front of her anxious about what might come of it.  Not because she had done anything wrong, but because this whole thing was quite new to her.

[Character]

Edited by LunarFirefly

56 minutes ago, LunarFirefly said:

A young woman stood quiet on the platform with a backpack hung over her shoulder and a duffle bag full of tools gripped in her hand.  She was timid; nervous and uncertain of what was to come after having recently departed her home and family.  But she wanted to go out into he universe and explore the possibilities!  Soft eyes drink in the scene before her before a chime would draw her focus towards the console of the rail she had been on, and the crowd of people moving around her to get in line.

Focusing forward, she would wait for her turn before approaching the area in front of her anxious about what might come of it.  Not because she had done anything wrong, but because this whole thing was quite new to her.

[Character]

Several humans in archaic and ceremonial looking armor stand watch over the group. Some scan the crowd, while others look out over the fields. They appear to be their to both guard and supervise the newcomers.

A chime sounds and the person before you walks through a curtain  into what appears to be a hallway.

"Next." A voice calls. A young woman stands behind a desk in the same armor as the others. She motions you forwards.

"Name, place of origin, and age?" She asks. 

On 10/6/2016 at 7:30 AM, Teloch said:

The bearded man just nodded and donned his squall helmet (which many people consider funny for some reason). After getting back into the steel monstrosity, he checked the machine's dashboard audio device for possible radio stations or stored tunes. 

200 minutes leva's polka marathon? Seriously?! He inquired mentally after spotting the way-too-strange record and continuing the further search.

"Oy, we're going to the testing ground, free roam, or both?" He asked the grineer engineer

"Testing ground." Grok says. "Twenty kilometers north. Hilly terain. Feel free to open up the throttle and let her rip."

On 10/6/2016 at 7:07 AM, Teloch said:

"Uhh... Sure. I'll give him the agenda as soon as the raid breaks the comm silence regime" 

She looked around, mostly focusing on the void radiation turbine and those people that were still in the hall.

"Can you tell me anything about the neophytes? Seeing freshmen is as tempting as breaking a container full of orokin chocolate, so I thought you might have some details on them"

"They are Tenno training to be Oro-Keepers." Alan says. "They're basically arcane interns. They keep records of the shades, transcribe any revaluations or memories, and help to summon the shades outside the monastery."

That wasn't exactly what Therese expected to hear, but at least she used a chance to get to know more about neophytes. Another thought crossed her mind as she regarded the interlocutor's age.

"Say, Alan. Do you know warlord Seonah by any chance? Some memories to share from before the collapse?" 

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

That wasn't exactly what Therese expected to hear, but at least she used a chance to get to know more about neophytes. Another thought crossed her mind as she regarded the interlocutor's age.

"Say, Alan. Do you know warlord Seonah by any chance? Some memories to share from before the collapse?" 

"Of course she's still around." Alan says, with a slight shiver. "I'd imagine even the grim reaper wouldn't want to inconvenience her on a bad day."

He looks at you.

"And that's all I'll say on that particular subject." He says. "For both our sakes."

On 10/5/2016 at 6:15 PM, Unus said:

The Chroma shudders and "pulls" as hard as it can. 

"That CAN'T be right! Every twitch feels like it's a. . ."

The Chroma actually stops and looks at the hand that's been grasping at the "wound" the entire time. 

"What is. . . how did. . ."

The Chroma's other arm reaches over it's shoulder and taps around the empty space there.

"No. . . No!"

The Chroma's headlamp flicks on and it begins frantically swinging around into the black. 

"Where! Where could I. . .there!"

The Chroma points to the greasey smear across the floor and begins running, in the direct it is smeared.

"Hurry,  the sooner I can reconnect, the less likely I'll end up stuck in this thing or. . . worse."

Jas peers at the machinery, trying to determine how to dislodge the operator without injuring them.

On 10/5/2016 at 9:43 AM, kyrozon said:

Seerena nodded. "I will see if I can convince them to go there, farewell." She says as she walks out of the exit. The orokin proxy just shortly stares at the man before following after the Banshee.

Back at the Gray Isle the Neophyte bursts into the chambers where the Fire Hawx are setting up.

"I found one..." He says breathlessly. "Another one. Its... unstable."

Just now, Rakawan said:

Back at the Gray Isle the Neophyte bursts into the chambers where the Fire Hawx are setting up.

"I found one..." He says breathlessly. "Another one. Its... unstable."

Cyria and the volt turn to the Neophyte, both being visible startled. 

"You found another? Great, we can get working on it immediatly!" The volt said as he walked to the Neophyte. "Where did you store it?"

The nova got distracted by a notifcation from her Cephalon. "Oh, it seems like a clanmate of mine is heading over here. Strange I don't recall informing her about this encampment."

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

Cyria and the volt turn to the Neophyte, both being visible startled. 

"You found another? Great, we can get working on it immediatly!" The volt said as he walked to the Neophyte. "Where did you store it?"

The nova got distracted by a notifcation from her Cephalon. "Oh, it seems like a clanmate of mine is heading over here. Strange I don't recall informing her about this encampment."

"Store?" He asks. "Ummm about that.... I uhhh... don't exactly have it on hand. It's more of a retrieval deal."

He holds up his hand and an image of a deep chasm appears. A small, precarious ledge juts out over it to a small pedestal. Upon the pedestal is a artifact that is is glows sporadically and seems to grow and bulge, like an old cartoon bomb.