The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Store?" He asks. "Ummm about that.... I uhhh... don't exactly have it on hand. It's more of a retrieval deal."

He holds up his hand and an image of a deep chasm appears. A small, precarious ledge juts out over it to a small pedestal. Upon the pedestal is a artifact that is is glows sporadically and seems to grow and bulge, like an old cartoon bomb.

The volt looked at the image. "I'm sure I can manage getting that." He looks over his shoulder at Cyria. "Do I have permission to go do this retrieval mission?"

"Go ahead, I need to meet up with someone." Cyria replies as she turns her back to the two, walking out of the camp and keeping an eye on the sky. 

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

The volt looked at the image. "I'm sure I can manage getting that." He looks over his shoulder at Cyria. "Do I have permission to go do this retrieval mission?"

"Go ahead, I need to meet up with someone." Cyria replies as she turns her back to the two, walking out of the camp and keeping an eye on the sky. 

War walks up.

"I will go as well." He says. "This land is treacherous, you'll need someone to watch your back."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

War walks up.

"I will go as well." He says. "This land is treacherous, you'll need someone to watch your back."

The volt nodded to War. "It would be my pleasure to have you tag along! Now where do we get started Neophyte?"

The volt nodded to War. "It would be my pleasure to have you tag along! Now where do we get started Neophyte?"

The Neophyte shifts.

"Yes." He says. "But you aren't going to like it."

He leads you through the twisting tunnels till you reach a carved door. He waves his hands over the symbols and the door opens.

"Someone sealed this door with void magic." He says. "So be careful."

Beyond the door you can see a short tunnel, then inky darkness.

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Of course she's still around." Alan says, with a slight shiver. "I'd imagine even the grim reaper wouldn't want to inconvenience her on a bad day."

He looks at you.

"And that's all I'll say on that particular subject." He says. "For both our sakes."

Therese smiled slowly, being perfectly aware of the message sent and content about answer received

"I knew it!" she said under her breath as if validating a theory of sorts. Then, she looked at the rest of the hall inhabitants.

"Seems like this cozy planet is on the edge of yet another hazard: a mass hangover of a decade" she commented the excitedly chirping couple.

Just now, Rakawan said:

The Neophyte shifts.

"Yes." He says. "But you aren't going to like it."

He leads you through the twisting tunnels till you reach a carved door. He waves his hands over the symbols and the door opens.

"Someone sealed this door with void magic." He says. "So be careful."

Beyond the door you can see a short tunnel, then inky darkness.

"Hey, I could honestly use this action, I hate sitting idly too long." The Volt replies as he follows the Neophyte.

He looks at the dark tunnel, taking a deep breath. "Well, here we go..." He slowly walks into the tunnel.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Therese smiled slowly, being perfectly aware of the message sent and content about answer received

"I knew it!" she said under her breath as if validating a theory of sorts. Then, she looked at the rest of the hall inhabitants.

"Seems like this cozy planet is on the edge of yet another hazard: a mass hangover of a decade" she commented the excitedly chirping couple.

"Last time a Tenno got married he had all the groomsmen duel for the right to be first man." Alan says. "With Darrin and Tak competing.... I'd be surprised if any two bricks were left standing."

"Hey, I could honestly use this action, I hate sitting idly too long." The Volt replies as he follows the Neophyte.

He looks at the dark tunnel, taking a deep breath. "Well, here we go..." He slowly walks into the tunnel.

The lights on War's helmet illuminate the tunnel. The Neophyte hangs back by the door. 

The tunnel ends in a small ledge and sudden drop. A chasm yawns at the end. The massive room goes sideways out of sight. You can see a slight glimmer across the chasm, a distance that is impossible to judge. 

"That glimmer." The Neophyte says. "That would be the artifact." 

As War steps onto the ledge runes glow on the surface and rocks begin to float up. Each one bears a different symbol.

"See anything?" The Neophyte asks.

39 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Jas peers at the machinery, trying to determine how to dislodge the operator without injuring them.

The space between the machines seems just wide enough that one might be able to pull the Operator out without the slightest twitch of difficulty. Upon closer examination, the Operator's arm appears to be weakly attempting to move back and forth in the manner of an Olympic sprinter, albeit gaining in strength slowly. Behind you, the sound of footsteps has begun echoing above the mechano-electronic cacophony as well as something you can just barely make out, something that breaks the monotony of the machines in a manner you can't quite place.

Edited by Unus

1 hour ago, Unus said:

The space between the machines seems just wide enough    that one might be able to pull the Operator out without the slightest twitch of difficulty. Upon closer examination, the Operator's arm appears to be weakly attempting to move back and forth in the manner of an Olympic sprinter, albeit gaining in strength slowly. Behind you, the sound of footsteps has begun echoing above the mechanics-electronic cacophony as well as something you can just barely make out, something that breaks the monotony of the machines in a manner you can't quite place.

Jas grabs the arm and pulls. 

Dixon follows Hund a bit and then pauses.

"Jas." He says. "I hear something...."

The lights on War's helmet illuminate the tunnel. The Neophyte hangs back by the door. 

The tunnel ends in a small ledge and sudden drop. A chasm yawns at the end. The massive room goes sideways out of sight. You can see a slight glimmer across the chasm, a distance that is impossible to judge. 

"That glimmer." The Neophyte says. "That would be the artifact." 

As War steps onto the ledge runes glow on the surface and rocks begin to float up. Each one bears a different symbol.

"See anything?" The Neophyte asks.

The volt looked at the symbols and to his sides, wallrunning wouldn't do much here. 

"Just a gaint drop, floating rocks and runes, lot's of them." The volt says as he looks at the distance between him and the rocks. Maybe he could use them to jump from one to the next.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Several humans in archaic and ceremonial looking armor stand watch over the group. Some scan the crowd, while others look out over the fields. They appear to be their to both guard and supervise the newcomers.

A chime sounds and the person before you walks through a curtain  into what appears to be a hallway.

"Next." A voice calls. A young woman stands behind a desk in the same armor as the others. She motions you forwards.

"Name, place of origin, and age?" She asks. 

Through the curtain the petite redhead moves with soft eyes scanning everything she can make any sense of.  More than anything, she was fascinated by the machines and technology that may be nearby (or even far away!) constantly searching for anything familiar, or perhaps she could get lucky and spot something that could lead her to work! Of course, she'd be content arranging flowers as well as poking about in machinery.

Stepping forward to address the woman, she offers a polite smile, "Stormy Wylde." she begins, "Um.." telling her the place of her birth, and "I'm 22."

"Last time a Tenno got married he had all the groomsmen duel for the right to be first man." Alan says. "With Darrin and Tak competing.... I'd be surprised if any two bricks were left standing."

"... The public security merits of weddings eloping; they do exist, as it appears" She commented while trying to chase off the absolutely unwelcomed thoughts about having own wedding some day.

"Was nice to meet you, Alan, but I'm afraid there are other people I should visit today, including Tammy and Theylin. So, if you'll excuse me"

The Chroma stumbles forward with a pained cry, as the Operator mirrors the action. On the Operator's arm, a large white and gold spike with a sky-blue blinker light on it sits jammed between the two machines, the blinking rapidly increaseing for reasons unknown. As the cry fades, the noise from before appears to have increased in volume, a steady set of metallic thinking sound that suggests the movement of something moderately large that appears to be trying to match it's steps to the machine', motions. 

"That was. . . that was a real zinger that one. . . was."

The Chroma holds onto it's shoulder as it pulls the redeemer from it's back with it's other hand.

"Think we might have a. . . guest?"

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Jas grabs the arm and pulls. 

Dixon follows Hund a bit and then pauses.

"Jas." He says. "I hear something...."

1 hour ago, LunarFirefly said:

Through the curtain the petite redhead moves with soft eyes scanning everything she can make any sense of.  More than anything, she was fascinated by the machines and technology that may be nearby (or even far away!) constantly searching for anything familiar, or perhaps she could get lucky and spot something that could lead her to work! Of course, she'd be content arranging flowers as well as poking about in machinery.

Stepping forward to address the woman, she offers a polite smile, "Stormy Wylde." she begins, "Um.." telling her the place of her birth, and "I'm 22."

The woman scribbles on a holo-pad.

"Occupation, duration and purpose of visit." She asks.

Her tone is disinterested. However it seems to be more a result of her formal attitude, than an attempt to be impolite.

There is a sudden whir of engines and a massive drone appears overhead. It seems similar to an osprey, but with four propulsion units instead of two. It looks slightly smaller than the Raptor models used by the corpus. It flies towards the transport, now empty of people.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"... The public security merits of weddings eloping; they do exist, as it appears" She commented while trying to chase off the absolutely unwelcomed thoughts about having own wedding some day.

"Was nice to meet you, Alan, but I'm afraid there are other people I should visit today, including Tammy and Theylin. So, if you'll excuse me"

"I suppose I should slip away as well." Alan says. "People tend to rope me into things...."

"Alan." Melanie calls. "A moment."

The Tenno sighs wearily.

The volt looked at the symbols and to his sides, wallrunning wouldn't do much here. 

"Just a gaint drop, floating rocks and runes, lot's of them." The volt says as he looks at the distance between him and the rocks. Maybe he could use them to jump from one to the next.

Several of the rocks are close enough to jump to.

"What sort of runes?" The Neophyte asks. "Is one of them a strange swirly thing?"

Several of the ones closest to you bear a marking that could be considered a strange squiggly thing.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

The Chroma stumbles forward with a pained cry, as the Operator mirrors the action. On the Operator's arm, a large white and gold spike with a sky-blue blinker light on it sits jammed between the two machines, the blinking rapidly increaseing for reasons unknown. As the cry fades, the noise from before appears to have increased in volume, a steady set of metallic thinking sound that suggests the movement of something moderately large that appears to be trying to match it's steps to the machine', motions. 

"That was. . . that was a real zinger that one. . . was."

The Chroma holds onto it's shoulder as it pulls the redeemer from it's back with it's other hand.

"Think we might have a. . . guest?"

Jas whirls, raising his shield.

Dixon cloaks and you can hear soft footsteps on the wall, then a soft humming. 

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The woman scribbles on a holo-pad.

"Occupation, duration and purpose of visit." She asks.

Her tone is disinterested. However it seems to be more a result of her formal attitude, than an attempt to be impolite.

There is a sudden whir of engines and a massive drone appears overhead. It seems similar to an osprey, but with four propulsion units instead of two. It looks slightly smaller than the Raptor models used by the corpus. It flies towards the transport, now empty of people.

The woman becomes distracted by the drone momentarily, caught in awe at its appearance with growing interest in the thing.  It would take her a moment to drag her attention away from the machine to regard the very to the point woman in front of her.

"Oh.. Mechanic, or I can work as a florist." she replies shyly, gnawing her lower lip at the other two questions, "Um.. I-I don't know how long.  A month?  And um.. " shifting a bit on her feet, she clears her throat, "Find.. work?  I-I've never been out on my own before."

1 hour ago, LunarFirefly said:

The woman becomes distracted by the drone momentarily, caught in awe at its appearance with growing interest in the thing.  It would take her a moment to drag her attention away from the machine to regard the very to the point woman in front of her.

"Oh.. Mechanic, or I can work as a florist." she replies shyly, gnawing her lower lip at the other two questions, "Um.. I-I don't know how long.  A month?  And um.. " shifting a bit on her feet, she clears her throat, "Find.. work?  I-I've never been out on my own before."

The woman's face softens.

"Well you came to the right place." She says. "We just appointed a new chairman of Science, and they have several projects going. We also have a few Tenno who have set up their own little outposts."

She prints off a small card and hands it to you.

"Here is your visa." She says. "Please step through the...."

There is a sudden commotion and a man near you collapses. A woman near him kneels and begins shaking him.

"Joe?" She asks. "Joe? Medic!"

You hear jets fire and a strange armored form lands on the ground before you. It appears humanoid, and angelic. It leans over the man and begins checking his pulse with one hand, the other firmly clenched around a bladed staff.

As it works you get a chance to study it.

The "wings" are actually composed of several small jets, their flames forming the "feathers". The being is "clad" in a mix of metal armor and cloth, though it seems impossible to determine what it is beneath the armor, or if there is anything. 

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I suppose I should slip away as well." Alan says. "People tend to rope me into things...."

"Alan." Melanie calls. "A moment."

The Tenno sighs wearily.

At this point, Therese wanted to clap his shoulder just for the sake of encouragement, but it will surely be rude to behave so familiar with someone you got to know like five minutes ago, and so she walked all the way back to her ship. When inside, she set the course to the capital settlement and opened her HUD, browsing for the needed contanct.

"Chairwoman Tammy? I hope my intrusion did not deliver you any inconvenience, but what I wanted to figure out is if you can carve some time today so we could have a chat about the matters of economy and, potentially, investments" she typed to the second person in her to-do list.

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Several of the rocks are close enough to jump to.

"What sort of runes?" The Neophyte asks. "Is one of them a strange swirly thing?"

Several of the ones closest to you bear a marking that could be considered a strange squiggly thing.

"... Can't you just tap into my warframe's sensors? There are quite a few swirly runes and you seeing what I see should make things alot easier."

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

At this point, Therese wanted to clap his shoulder just for the sake of encouragement, but it will surely be rude to behave so familiar with someone you got to know like five minutes ago, and so she walked all the way back to her ship. When inside, she set the course to the capital settlement and opened her HUD, browsing for the needed contanct.

"Chairwoman Tammy? I hope my intrusion did not deliver you any inconvenience, but what I wanted to figure out is if you can carve some time today so we could have a chat about the matters of economy and, potentially, investments" she typed to the second person in her to-do list.

The screen shows literal forest of paperwork, the stacks standing at least twenty feet high.

"One moment." A voice says. 

A woman walks into view balancing three holo-pads on her right arm and two on her left. A stylus is clenched in her mouth and three more are fastened to her fingers.

"There." She says, tapping on a pad. The screen goes dark.

"What can I help you with?" She asks, not looking up.

"... Can't you just tap into my warframe's sensors? There are quite a few swirly runes and you seeing what I see should make things alot easier."

He does and one of the floating rocks lights up.

"That one." He says. "I think.... I'm like 98% sure...."