The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

"Alright." The volt replies as he activates his speed and jumps over onto the rock.

"That that may have been a mistranslation." He says. You hear papers russle.

The rock holds for two seconds, and then falls.

"Forget this." War says. 

He takes a running start and leaps onto a a platform, jumping from rock to rock before they can fall.

"I wouldn't advise that." He says. "But..... it might work."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The screen shows literal forest of paperwork, the stacks standing at least twenty feet high.

"One moment." A voice says. 

A woman walks into view balancing three holo-pads on her right arm and two on her left. A stylus is clenched in her mouth and three more are fastened to her fingers.

"There." She says, tapping on a pad. The screen goes dark.

"What can I help you with?" She asks, not looking up.

"Oh. A crunch... My condolences" she replied knowingly of how bad those overloads can be sometimes, especially near the budget periods passing points.

"My intention is to gather information on how did you process the yesterday aid shipment, to obtain an insight on what reforms and policies you plan to implement in the nearest future, and to inspect your potential investment objects. This information will be summarized and sent to my superior's consideration"

23 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Jas whirls, raising his shield.

Dixon cloaks and you can hear soft footsteps on the wall, then a soft humming. 

As the Chroma begins using the redeemer's blade to try to saw through the object (and, barely comically, the Operator doing the same with empty space on the Chroma's shoulder) something rounds the corridor on six spindly legs rapidly as something that appears to be a spotlight flashes on from somewhere far above flickers on in a blinding red and begins to track the something as it runs. The faint clanking the group has heard before has suddenly accelerated into a fast paced charge, but there is nothing else to be seen anywhere. 

2 hours ago, Unus said:

As the Chroma begins using the redeemer's blade to try to saw through the object (and, barely comically, the Operator doing the same with empty space on the Chroma's shoulder) something rounds the corridor on six spindly legs rapidly as something that appears to be a spotlight flashes on from somewhere far above flickers on in a blinding red and begins to track the something as it runs. The faint clanking the group has heard before has suddenly accelerated into a fast paced charge, but there is nothing else to be seen anywhere. 

Dixon tracks the object and Jas moves to intercept.

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Dixon tracks the object and Jas moves to intercept.

The object up above appears to be an orb of some sort, with a head like an osprey's. Unlike an osprey however, the body consists entirely of a single white sphere with a single light sticking out of it,. The light flickers momentarily to  a shade of blue as it observes Dixon for the first time before refocusing somewhere off in the distance in a shade of red. Within a few seconds of refocusing somewhere off in the distance, there is the sound of a scuffle, a bony crunch, some strange garbled whimpering, and then the smell of burning skin and plastic. The light fades within minutes of the burning smell's appearence and the sound of the machinery is all that is heard once again

Meanwhile, having given up on cutting the device, the Chroma is searching through the pack, (and the Operator an invisible one on the Chroma's) for something, freezing mid shuffle at the distant noises.

"Well. . . that's. . . pleasant."

The Chroma resumes digging.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The woman's face softens.

"Well you came to the right place." She says. "We just appointed a new chairman of Science, and they have several projects going. We also have a few Tenno who have set up their own little outposts."

She prints off a small card and hands it to you.

"Here is your visa." She says. "Please step through the...."

There is a sudden commotion and a man near you collapses. A woman near him kneels and begins shaking him.

"Joe?" She asks. "Joe? Medic!"

You hear jets fire and a strange armored form lands on the ground before you. It appears humanoid, and angelic. It leans over the man and begins checking his pulse with one hand, the other firmly clenched around a bladed staff.

As it works you get a chance to study it.

The "wings" are actually composed of several small jets, their flames forming the "feathers". The being is "clad" in a mix of metal armor and cloth, though it seems impossible to determine what it is beneath the armor, or if there is anything. 

"T-Tenno?" She had heard of them, and the Warframe, but the girl had honestly lived a somewhat sheltered life.  Beaming with curiosity, her smile grows, "I-I'll look into the projects right away, th-thank you, Ma'am."  Taking the card, 'Stormy' looks at it momentarily before tucking it away only to have her focus suddenly ripped from the conversation to the commotion transpiring behind her.

Immediately she starts for the man collapsing trying to catch him before he could hit the ground.  Her hand slides in front of his mouth to check for breathing, her head to his chest to check for a heart beat.. She had some very basic first response training, but it compared nothing to what a professional could do.  And it was purely instinctive to want to help.. A part of her only wished to be of assistance in this situation; to do right by the one who may be in trouble.

When the strange, angelic thing arrives, the young redhead would move back giving them plenty of room to work.  She's... awed by the thing in front of her, though her worry for the fallen male doesn't subside in the slightest.  Still, a chance to take a moment to study this creation was a nice opportunity, "C-can I do anything?" she asks with worry in her tone.

14 hours ago, LunarFirefly said:

"T-Tenno?" She had heard of them, and the Warframe, but the girl had honestly lived a somewhat sheltered life.  Beaming with curiosity, her smile grows, "I-I'll look into the projects right away, th-thank you, Ma'am."  Taking the card, 'Stormy' looks at it momentarily before tucking it away only to have her focus suddenly ripped from the conversation to the commotion transpiring behind her.

Immediately she starts for the man collapsing trying to catch him before he could hit the ground.  Her hand slides in front of his mouth to check for breathing, her head to his chest to check for a heart beat.. She had some very basic first response training, but it compared nothing to what a professional could do.  And it was purely instinctive to want to help.. A part of her only wished to be of assistance in this situation; to do right by the one who may be in trouble.

When the strange, angelic thing arrives, the young redhead would move back giving them plenty of room to work.  She's... awed by the thing in front of her, though her worry for the fallen male doesn't subside in the slightest.  Still, a chance to take a moment to study this creation was a nice opportunity, "C-can I do anything?" she asks with worry in her tone.

"Give him space." A very human voice says from the being. "There we go, sir. Easy now."

The green mist falling from it's hand subsides and the man begins to gasp bolting upright.

"Easy." The "angel" says. "Take your time."

"Thank you so much." The woman says.

"That's what we Seraphs are here for." The Seraph says. "Take care."

He leaps up into the air, the jets firing, and flies off.

15 hours ago, Unus said:

The object up above appears to be an orb of some sort, with a head like an osprey's. Unlike an osprey however, the body consists entirely of a single white sphere with a single light sticking out of it,. The light flickers momentarily to  a shade of blue as it observes Dixon for the first time before refocusing somewhere off in the distance in a shade of red. Within a few seconds of refocusing somewhere off in the distance, there is the sound of a scuffle, a bony crunch, some strange garbled whimpering, and then the smell of burning skin and plastic. The light fades within minutes of the burning smell's appearence and the sound of the machinery is all that is heard once again

Meanwhile, having given up on cutting the device, the Chroma is searching through the pack, (and the Operator an invisible one on the Chroma's) for something, freezing mid shuffle at the distant noises.

"Well. . . that's. . . pleasant."

The Chroma resumes digging.

Dixon de-cloaks and drops from the wall, swinging his hook as if to grapple the orb.

19 hours ago, Teloch said:

"Oh. A crunch... My condolences" she replied knowingly of how bad those overloads can be sometimes, especially near the budget periods passing points.

"My intention is to gather information on how did you process the yesterday aid shipment, to obtain an insight on what reforms and policies you plan to implement in the nearest future, and to inspect your potential investment objects. This information will be summarized and sent to my superior's consideration"

A file appears on your console.

"There you go dearie." Tammy says. "Anything else."

It occurs to you that the stacks of paper may be decorative, rather than real, as most work seems to be digital.

On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 at 2:31 PM, Rakawan said:

The door opens and two forms walk through.

One is a Nyx Prime with vibrant gold and white. The other is Sai'ah, in her Nemesis armor.

The Mirage beamed when she saw her friend, throwing whatever she just made at the customer who ordered it and leaning on the counter in a stylish fashion, facing Sai'ah and her friend.
"How nice of you to visit!"

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

The Mirage beamed when she saw her friend, throwing whatever she just made at the customer who ordered it and leaning on the counter in a stylish fashion, facing Sai'ah and her friend.
"How nice of you to visit!"

Sai'ah darts over.

"Look." She says. "I made friendship bracelets."

The bracelets are decorated with small bird skulls and appear to be made of some form of dried tendon.

The other Nyx looks around.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Sai'ah darts over.

"Look." She says. "I made friendship bracelets."

The bracelets are decorated with small bird skulls and appear to be made of some form of dried tendon.

The other Nyx looks around.

"D'aaaaaw, you stole my idea!" Alice replied. She took one of the bracelets, looking at it curiously as she put it on her right hand, but not before removing her frames glowes, Sai'ah can notice multiple different bracelets and rings on her hand, each out of a different sinister material, but all sharing asthetics that would turn normal people away. They seemed hand made.
The ends of her digits featured well cared for crimson fingernails.

"D'aaaaaw, you stole my idea!" Alice replied. She took one of the bracelets, looking at it curiously as she put it on her right hand, but not before removing her frames glowes, Sai'ah can notice multiple different bracelets and rings on her hand, each out of a different sinister material, but all sharing asthetics that would turn normal people away. They seemed hand made.
The ends of her digits featured well cared for crimson fingernails.

"You must be Alice." A voice says in your mind. It sounds smooth and calm, like a small stream, and you can almost hear birds chirping in the background.

"I am Namira. Agent of the Lotus." She says. "Welcome to Phenix."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"You must be Alice." A voice says in your mind. It sounds smooth and calm, like a small stream, and you can almost hear birds chirping in the background.

"I am Namira. Agent of the Lotus." She says. "Welcome to Phenix."

"Little late with the welcome there sweetie. But nice to meet you." said Alice. She liked the sounds of birds, although hissing snakes would be better. 
"You a friend of Shai?"

"Little late with the welcome there sweetie. But nice to meet you." said Alice. She liked the sounds of birds, although hissing snakes would be better. 
"You a friend of Shai?"

"That I am." Namira says. "And I heard this place has good food."

"Only da best!" she replied "Anything you want? Dried tongues? Squished eyeballs? You name it!"

"Ribs." She says. "I don't care what species as long as it isn't related to Tenno."

She seems to lack Sai'ah's exuberant manner, in favor of a more formal attitude.

Speaking of Sai'ah you cannot see her anywhere. However there is a voice coming from the roof and you can hear scratching sounds.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Ribs." She says. "I don't care what species as long as it isn't related to Tenno."
She seems to lack Sai'ah's exuberant manner, in favor of a more formal attitude.
Speaking of Sai'ah you cannot see her anywhere. However there is a voice coming from the roof and you can hear scratching sounds.

"Sure thing!" Alice happily said, ordering an Osprey to bring what was needed "Anything you want Sai...?" she then noticed she wasn't there "... you playing hide and seek?"

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Dixon de-cloaks and drops from the wall, swinging his hook as if to grapple the orb.

With a clack, the hook slams into the drone at full force and clatters into it's neck-gap. The electronic being doesn't even attempt to flee, though it doesn't come down to the floor either.

"We going trophy hunting?" 

The Chroma says as it pulls a bottle of something out of the pack and begins spraying it on the gold and ivory device.

"Sure thing!" Alice happily said, ordering an Osprey to bring what was needed "Anything you want Sai...?" she then noticed she wasn't there "... you playing hide and seek?"

Sai'ah peeks down through a window, hanging upside down from the roof.

"Steak." She says, then pops back up.

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Unus said:

With a clack, the hook slams into the drone at full force and clatters into it's neck-gap. The electronic being doesn't even attempt to flee, though it doesn't come down to the floor either.

"We going trophy hunting?" 

The Chroma says as it pulls a bottle of something out of the pack and begins spraying it on the gold and ivory device.

"Hold that thought." Jas says. "Look at that."

He points down the tunnel and you see two shapes leaping across floating platforms, towards a shining relic.

15 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Hold that thought." Jas says. "Look at that."

He points down the tunnel and you see two shapes leaping across floating platforms, towards a shining relic.

The Chroma pulls on the Operator and lets out a low groan of pain as it slides out slowly. Gasping repeatedly in pain and holding it's arm loosely by it's side, the Chroma snaps at Jas.

"Look at Wha. . ."

The Chroma's angry tone fades into confusion as it watches the distant figures.

". . . I guess we're not alone down here. Friends?"

The Chroma let's out a slight hiss of pain as it holds the Operator up with one hand and accidentally brushes against the machine.

Alice gave a thumbs up and got to cooking.
'"So..." she spoke "Random subject?"

"Have you ever seen an Elder Wyrm?" Namira asks. "Twenty stories tall, eats whales for a living. Spends most of its life either eating its own kind or sleeping."

1 hour ago, Unus said:

The Chroma pulls on the Operator and lets out a low groan of pain as it slides out slowly. Gasping repeatedly in pain and holding it's arm loosely by it's side, the Chroma snaps at Jas.

"Look at Wha. . ."

The Chroma's angry tone fades into confusion as it watches the distant figures.

". . . I guess we're not alone down here. Friends?"

The Chroma let's out a slight hiss of pain as it holds the Operator up with one hand and accidentally brushes against the machine.

Jas sends an orb of healing energy towards you.

"I don't know." He says. "I can't make them out from this distance. They do seem to be moving closer though."