The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

51 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The ship is full of Excalibur warframes, all in the same gray and white color scheme. However you notice a difference in the insignias. The ones with more blades on the glaive insignia seem to stand taller and walk with more confidence. You suspect they are high ranking. One of the Tenno, three blades on his insignia, walks up to you.

"Looking for something?" He asks, blocking your path.

The boy seems to snap out of his own little world. "Yes." He blinks slightly. "I'm looking for the medical bay of the ship. A partner of mine was taken to it, and since I can't do a lot until my ship is repaired I thought I could go there and see if he can come with me now."

40 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

The boy seems to snap out of his own little world. "Yes." He blinks slightly. "I'm looking for the medical bay of the ship. A partner of mine was taken to it, and since I can't do a lot until my ship is repaired I thought I could go there and see if he can come with me now."

"Follow me." He says. He sets off down the hallway.

49 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Great work sweet thing." Alice comented just as she finished the ribs. She floated over to the hooded mans table, placing the plate of requested ribs along with the bill before him.

The figure bows slightly to you and pays the bill. The shadows in it's hand seem to writhe and twist.

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

The Mirage floated back to the kitchen, preparing the soup the other customer ordered.

"You having fun?" she asked her friend.

Sai'ah seems to start, and straightens up from where she sits.

A small group of people outside the steakhouse shake themselves, as if waking up, then see the steakhouse. One of them shrugs and they all open the doors.

"Steak, steak, bacon, stew, and a hamburger?" Sai'ah asks them.

Eyes widen and heads nod.

"Corner booth." She says. "We'll be with you shortly."

She looks at you.

"It's much easier when they're already hungry." She says. 

1 hour ago, Cyriann said:

He says nothing, following the Excalibur

He leads you to the medical bay. 

Your friend is on a medical table, in a very relaxed position. A few Tenno are looking at him curiously but none approach.

The rest are poring over several holo-pads.

"I should employ you! If you weren't still doing less flesh ripping things in that monastery... At least were having fun together!"

A couple of Ospreys started working on the other orders. One of them only brought ingredients however, on an empty spot next to Alice, probably for Sei'ah to try cooking herself. "Wanna give it a try? Steaks are easy."

"I should employ you! If you weren't still doing less flesh ripping things in that monastery... At least were having fun together!"

A couple of Ospreys started working on the other orders. One of them only brought ingredients however, on an empty spot next to Alice, probably for Sei'ah to try cooking herself. "Wanna give it a try? Steaks are easy."

Sai'ah brightens up.

"Sure." She says. "I'd love a job here. Did I mention we're all full-fledged Tenno now? No more mandatory training. So I could actually work here."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sai'ah brightens up.

"Sure." She says. "I'd love a job here. Did I mention we're all full-fledged Tenno now? No more mandatory training. So I could actually work here."

The Mirage beamed once again "Awesome! And we can skip the job interview, you're hired sweets!" she said that as she finished the stew. She lifted it up, an Osprey taking it away and to the right customer.

"Hey, I wanted to ask..." her voice go a bit more... normal "How deep into my mind can you see?"

Edited by Denny2669
stew, not soup

The Mirage beamed once again "Awesome! And we can skip the job interview, you're hired sweets!" she said that as she finished the stew. She lifted it up, an Osprey taking it away and to the right customer.

"Hey, I wanted to ask..." her voice go a bit more... normal "How deep into my mind can you see?"

Sai'ah shrugs.

"To be honest I don't know." She says. "Anything behind surface thoughts, feelings, and sometimes really strong memory flashbacks requires a bit more effort. I'd have to try to see beyond that, and I prefer to let people have their privacy." 

She places the steak on the grill.

"The world is more fun with secrets." She says. "Besides how can people share secrets with me when I already know them?"

Edited by Rakawan

6 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"Don't worry about the power down thing, my boss already shut down my power systems. He would kill me if I used them anyway." The Mesa says as she looks over to Stormy, noticing her staring.

The Mesa leaned against the bar as she looked at the woman. "Well who might you be?"

59 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He slides you a glass.

"There." He says. "That should help with the nausea."

It appears to be some form of tea. It is a creamy white color.

"Ah - er.. S-Stormy W-Wylde, M-ma'am." the woman replies timidly to the Tenno with her gaze settling on her again momentarily.

When the glass is slid to her, she looks at it quietly for a moment, then offers a polite smile to the Barkeep, "Th-thank you."

Wrapping her arms around it, she lifts it carefully to smell it, and takes a very cautious sip so not to drink anything too hot.

1 hour ago, LunarFirefly said:

"Ah - er.. S-Stormy W-Wylde, M-ma'am." the woman replies timidly to the Tenno with her gaze settling on her again momentarily.

When the glass is slid to her, she looks at it quietly for a moment, then offers a polite smile to the Barkeep, "Th-thank you."

Wrapping her arms around it, she lifts it carefully to smell it, and takes a very cautious sip so not to drink anything too hot.

The tea is of a mild temperature. It tastes somewhat sweet. It does help the naseua a bit. 

Marco comes back with a steaming plate. It looks much more appetizing than before. Holly takes it and smiles.

"Finally." She says. "It looks great, Marco, as always."

Alice seemed relieved. "And I thought I'd be spilling my guts about now... I mean... silly me..." she muttered. Was she really being awkward right now? That bright red blush seems to confirm it, but it could be just more nonsense of hers, hard to tell.

"Only if you want to." Sai'ah says. She flips the steak over, but it does not seem fully cooked on that side yet. "When do I add the spices?"

Alice seemed even more relieved now, Sai'ah didn't seem to know what she meant with spilling her guts... just don't let that thought too close the the surface...

"Whenever you want~ but some spices are added at different stages. The labels on each of them should tell you when to add which..." and as of she had to say something weird at least every minute "... add the skate blood soaked archamedia leaf crumples now."

17 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The tea is of a mild temperature. It tastes somewhat sweet. It does help the naseua a bit. 

Marco comes back with a steaming plate. It looks much more appetizing than before. Holly takes it and smiles.

"Finally." She says. "It looks great, Marco, as always."

Stormy quietly drinks the tea as she listens to the people around her.  Though she could feel she was getting tired now especially with the warm tea helping her to relax.  "I-I need to find a place.. to.." As she spoke, she suddenly starts to sway before seeming to lose unconsciousness.  Quickly her form slides off the stool, falling quickly towards the ground.

Alice seemed even more relieved now, Sai'ah didn't seem to know what she meant with spilling her guts... just don't let that thought too close the the surface...

"Whenever you want~ but some spices are added at different stages. The labels on each of them should tell you when to add which..." and as of she had to say something weird at least every minute "... add the skate blood soaked archamedia leaf crumples now."

Sai'ah adds some spices and flips it again.

Stormy quietly drinks the tea as she listens to the people around her.  Though she could feel she was getting tired now especially with the warm tea helping her to relax.  "I-I need to find a place.. to.." As she spoke, she suddenly starts to sway before seeming to lose unconsciousness.  Quickly her form slides off the stool, falling quickly towards the ground.

With reflexes born of practice, Holly grabs Stormy.

"What did you give her?" She asks Seven.

He turns and drops the glass.

"Just peppermint." He says. "Hang on."

He pulls out a first aid kit.

"Is she breathing?" He asks. "I don't understand, I just bought those peppermint packets yesterday. They can't have gone bad.... Could someone have tampered with... no, no one else has a key."

Holly checks Stormy's vitals.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

With reflexes born of practice, Holly grabs Stormy.

"What did you give her?" She asks Seven.

He turns and drops the glass.

"Just peppermint." He says. "Hang on."

He pulls out a first aid kit.

"Is she breathing?" He asks. "I don't understand, I just bought those peppermint packets yesterday. They can't have gone bad.... Could someone have tampered with... no, no one else has a key."

Holly checks Stormy's vitals.

Her vitals were within normal, but low normal.  She seems completely healthy with no outward explanation as to why she may have suddenly lost consciousness.  The teas and even the meal all seem fine as well, if they look into that at some point.

Stormy hangs in Holly's hold, but she's... trembling.. like she's cold, perhaps.

Her vitals were within normal, but low normal.  She seems completely healthy with no outward explanation as to why she may have suddenly lost consciousness.  The teas and even the meal all seem fine as well, if they look into that at some point.

Stormy hangs in Holly's hold, but she's... trembling.. like she's cold, perhaps.

((Minor time skip.))

"Her vitals are stable." Katherine says. "There is no discernible....."

A machine beeps.

"Let me just get that."

"What sort of machine is that?" Holly asks.

"Oh we've had concerns about void radiation poisoning." Katherine says. "It's mostly for show. I've been running test to see if Tenno give off enough to....."

There is a moment of silence.

"Arbiter." Katherine says. "You'll want to see this."

"What is it?" Holly asks.

"Nothing of concern to you." Katherine says kindly. "I will handle this. Please return to your post."

"I'd like to stay till I know she's okay." Holly says. "I feel responsible."

"This was nothing you did." Katherine said. 

"I know." Holly said. "But still, she doesn't have any friends here. I'll stay."

"Good, flip that meat just like that..." Alice commented "I know how that sounded." she giggled.

Half of the Ospreys were done and brought the meals to each respective customer.

Sai'ah looks at you curiously.

"Didn't sound odd to me." She says. 

The customers receive their meals and begin to eat. A few more trickle in. 

The doors burst open and a bear of a man enters the restaurant.

"I heard there was steak." He rumbles. "Some say the best steak. I'm here to judge that."

The few other customers do not meet his gaze and the ones in line move to give him a wide berth.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

He leads you to the medical bay. 

Your friend is on a medical table, in a very relaxed position. A few Tenno are looking at him curiously but none approach.

The rest are poring over several holo-pads.

As the boy comes in the beasts head rises and turns to him, the boys instantly reals back as flames engulf the spot where he was standing.

"What was that for ?!" He yells as he gets closer to the green lizard, which is finally standing from its resting position. It has four legs, a long neck, golden eyes, sharp teeth and claws, wings and a long tail, putting it shortly, typical legendary dragon appearance. Though contrarily to the majesty supposed to be common for these beasts, this one doesn't quite give the impression of being any noble creature, to be exact, more like a defiant animal playing around with his master.

"Maybe for... Ho yeah ! The fact my own brother, which I'm keeping alive by being myself alive, just left me to absolute stranger with no knowledge whatsoever of if they could heal my wound when HE could have done so in a bloody minute !" The creature uses the advantage of his position to tower above his brother as it talks with ease and incredible speed, his eyes are cold, almost as if he could straightly jump to Cyriann's throat. The boy crosses his arms looking at the beast no visible fear nor expression of anger on his face, they stare at each other a moment, the air remains tensed as if the two could engage in a battle any second until... the dragon shifts from an Omega kubrow size to a size small enough for him to stand on his brother's shoulder, two legs and the neck on the right, the two other legs and the tail on the left, suddenly ruffling his right cheek with his head.

"Man, sometimes I wonder what's going through your mind." Cyriann pets the dragon on the head as a response and signals to every person there are no danger anymore and that they can approach.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sai'ah looks at you curiously.

"Didn't sound odd to me." She says. 

The customers receive their meals and begin to eat. A few more trickle in. 

The doors burst open and a bear of a man enters the restaurant.

"I heard there was steak." He rumbles. "Some say the best steak. I'm here to judge that."

The few other customers do not meet his gaze and the ones in line move to give him a wide berth.

"D'aaw, you're being innocent..." she giggled again, before turning to the large newcomer. "Leave this dude to me..."

"Then I hope you're a good judge~" she replied as she floated towards him "Any kind of steak in particular, large meaty man?"