The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Does it have steak?" A voice from the kitchen demands.

Seven repeats the question.

"Uh, yeah" *He says* "Stake, with Ambrosia, its a famous Salad, Very rich, Spicey" *He says* *The Stake is made out of a Lanx and the Salad is a mix of Lunar Pitcher, Argon Crystal, Nitain Extract and Moonlight Dragonlily" *He says firmly*

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis turns, the voice invoking memories, both kind, and oppressive.  He was unsure, but e would never know unless he asked*

"Sarah?"

"Y-yes.  Are y-you really he-here?"

*He was tempted to hug her; the last time he had seen her, she was hacking out her own lungs.  He didn't care if she was solid or just a wisp of smoke.*

"Sarah.  I've missed you."

"Stabilis, y-you s-seem different."

*He turned to Tak, his voice awfully harsh for a monk*

"If this is some cruel trick, you had better never sleep again."

"Our order is not given to practice deceit." He says. He seems genuinely surprised. "Nor would we seek to cause pain in that manner."

The shade seems solid. More solid than the ones in the courtyard, but the sane as the ones writing. It seems they can choose whether to be solid or mere images.

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Uh, yeah" *He says* "Stake, with Ambrosia, its a famous Salad, Very rich, Spicey" *He says* *The Stake is made out of a Lanx and the Salad is a mix of Lunar Pitcher, Argon Crystal, Nitain Extract and Moonlight Dragonlily" *He says firmly*

You hear excited clanging from the kitchen, Followed by jubilous laughter.

"Finally!" The voice says. "Someone with real taste. Seven, fetch me my hat.

"Fetch it yourself." Seven says.

A heavyset man bursts from the kitchen, grabs his hat,and then grabs Zaeed's hand shaking it vigorously.

"Bless you sir." He says,tearfully. "Bless you fur saving this old cook from a boring day of vegan meals."

He darts back into the kitchen and you hear the sounds of cooking.

Seven's jaw hits the floor.

11 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice didn't even think while picking, pointing at a random person in the crowd.

((This is a chance for you to inserts funny occurrence. Anytime I'm vague it's so people can insert their own little snippets or ideas.))

31 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Our order is not given to practice deceit." He says. He seems genuinely surprised. "Nor would we seek to cause pain in that manner."

The shade seems solid. More solid than the ones in the courtyard, but the sane as the ones writing. It seems they can choose whether to be solid or mere images.

*Stabilis turns back to Sarah, this time bringing his gaze up to here eyes.  They were as the had been since the Ten-0 journey: Burning craters of void energy.  The rest of her features were there as well; her narrowed jaw, slender lips, short yet flowing hair.   He approached her, fighting back the urge to just break down and cry*

"How? Wha-what are you doing here?"

*Sarah chuckled, a smile forming on he lips*

"And I th-though I was th-the one with a s-stutter."

*She approached him, her hand moving up to his face*

"Y-you're old.  Y-you are s-so much older.  And y-you got b-bigger!  B-but your f-face, oh y-your handsome f-face."

*Her delicate fingers traced each scar, new and old, seen and the ones that were buried.  He couldn't help himself: a tear ran down his face*

"Wh-what has ha-happened to y-you, to make y-you so much more, hur-hurt?"

"The life of a wall is one of endurance.  I learned that from a close friend."

"I w-wonder which friend?  Oh, Telamon Stabilis, enduring stability, h-how I've m-missed y-you so."

*Sarah moved backwards, drifting upwards to Stabilis' eye level.*

"Th-there is s-so much here!  Y-you would like it, all th-the books."

*Stabilis faced Tak, tear still rolling down.  He searched for the words to tell him.  (What have you done?  Thank you?  How Dare you?). His faced showed a simple question:  Why?*

Edited by (XB1)chillichillman

13 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You hear excited clanging from the kitchen, Followed by jubilous laughter.

"Finally!" The voice says. "Someone with real taste. Seven, fetch me my hat.

"Fetch it yourself." Seven says.

A heavyset man bursts from the kitchen, grabs his hat,and then grabs Zaeed's hand shaking it vigorously.

"Bless you sir." He says,tearfully. "Bless you fur saving this old cook from a boring day of vegan meals."

He darts back into the kitchen and you hear the sounds of cooking.

Seven's jaw hits the floor.

*He perks a brow, after he dashes back into the kitchen* "Well then, I'm happy I chuold make someone happy I guess?" *He truns to Sev* "Hah, your jaw is gone?, I was hopeing you'll save that for something else *He smirks in a joking manner*

Edited by -Platinum-

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Would you mind demonstrating?" He asks.

The imitates each bow to you and watch you. The elderly Tenno keeps his eyes on the, no doubt waiting to correct any flaws.

"I... I need to lie down." The young man says. 

"Trust me young one." The old Tenno says. "This will help."

At first, she wanted to refuse since she profoundly hated most of the Naramon ABC exercises, but peering into the eyes of the youngsters and recalling the fact that she is actually an official representative of a formidable militarized organization discouraged her from being capricious. She took off her bighorn helmet, as it would obscure her movements with a staff; good thing that the light Mesa class warframes permitted a fair bit of more agile movements compared to more armored frames. 

After making a single sigh and evoking the memories from the times before she had been snatched from the Tree path by the tempting and demanding nature of the Fire way, she proceeded with the simpler kata - the choun no kon. This kata was of clearly offensive nature, with only two advancing direction and three stages. This particular kata was called to help to develop the step-hit coordination of the practitioner, demanding them to learn how to harmonically weave strikes into an advancing combination while using all of the weapon aspects. Not a hard one, but surely required some focusing - something these youngsters needed. She performed all of the movements perfectly, breaking the stages via abrupt shouts. Funny thing: exactly this kata, despite her disdain for it, helped her to master the variations of the "gun dances" she was now practicing extensively on almost daily basis. After finishing it once in a slow tempo, she repeated it for another time, now twice as fast.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

((This is a chance for you to inserts funny occurrence. Anytime I'm vague it's so people can insert their own little snippets or ideas.))

((I did notice that. It's only that my mind is kinda dull right now. But I'll try...))

"That one! The one with the big bag." Alice said.

Down on the ground below was a man carrying a large bag. By closer inspection, he looked like a grineer.

He walked to the most bussy part of the crowd. Once there, he raised the bag in the air and screamed at the top of his lungs.

"Glory to the Queens!" And dropped the bag.

Suddenly, every single person in the crowd started running away for their lives. Some were tripping over eachother, some literarily walking over eachother, not stopping to help ad the ran from the impending doom. Which...

... never happened?

The grineer person wasn't a grineer, only makeup. The bag wasn't a bomb, only a bag full of teddy bears. And he wasn't a terrorist, just a troll that was laughing his @ss off right now.

Within seconds, a video of this occurrence has landed on the spacenet.

"Holy tongue nuggets... That was hilarious!" Alice commented "Did you do that? I didn't see the purple glowy thingy." she asked Sei'ah.

((Humor level: a random negative number...))

On 10/24/2016 at 4:55 PM, Denny2669 said:

((I did notice that. It's only that my mind is kinda dull right now. But I'll try...))

"That one! The one with the big bag." Alice said.

Down on the ground below was a man carrying a large bag. By closer inspection, he looked like a grineer.

He walked to the most bussy part of the crowd. Once there, he raised the bag in the air and screamed at the top of his lungs.

"Glory to the Queens!" And dropped the bag.

Suddenly, every single person in the crowd started running away for their lives. Some were tripping over eachother, some literarily walking over eachother, not stopping to help ad the ran from the impending doom. Which...

... never happened?

The grineer person wasn't a grineer, only makeup. The bag wasn't a bomb, only a bag full of teddy bears. And he wasn't a terrorist, just a troll that was laughing his @ss off right now.

Within seconds, a video of this occurrence has landed on the spacenet.

"Holy tongue nuggets... That was hilarious!" Alice commented "Did you do that? I didn't see the purple glowy thingy." she asked Sei'ah.

((Humor level: a random negative number...))

A look of anger grips Sai'ah's features. Pink light flares across the teddy bears who leap onto the troll, striking him again and again in the face and other open areas.

On 10/24/2016 at 3:56 PM, Teloch said:

At first, she wanted to refuse since she profoundly hated most of the Naramon ABC exercises, but peering into the eyes of the youngsters and recalling the fact that she is actually an official representative of a formidable militarized organization discouraged her from being capricious. She took off her bighorn helmet, as it would obscure her movements with a staff; good thing that the light Mesa class warframes permitted a fair bit of more agile movements compared to more armored frames. 

After making a single sigh and evoking the memories from the times before she had been snatched from the Tree path by the tempting and demanding nature of the Fire way, she proceeded with the simpler kata - the choun no kon. This kata was of clearly offensive nature, with only two advancing direction and three stages. This particular kata was called to help to develop the step-hit coordination of the practitioner, demanding them to learn how to harmonically weave strikes into an advancing combination while using all of the weapon aspects. Not a hard one, but surely required some focusing - something these youngsters needed. She performed all of the movements perfectly, breaking the stages via abrupt shouts. Funny thing: exactly this kata, despite her disdain for it, helped her to master the variations of the "gun dances" she was now practicing extensively on almost daily basis. After finishing it once in a slow tempo, she repeated it for another time, now twice as fast.

The initiates struggle to follow your movements. Their shouts seem more gutter all them focused and all half of them move as if unfamiliar with the motions.

The youth who stood beside the door, the one who appeared to have an aptitude for Rhino, and the girl saved by the shade are different. The Rhino's movements are concise, if rigid. He goes through the motions as if striking at a foe, rather than flowing through forms.

The girl flows through them with ease, but every no and then she seems to startle out of a daze and her firm becames as sloppy as the rest.

On 10/24/2016 at 3:44 PM, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis turns back to Sarah, this time bringing his gaze up to here eyes.  They were as the had been since the Ten-0 journey: Burning craters of void energy.  The rest of her features were there as well; her narrowed jaw, slender lips, short yet flowing hair.   He approached her, fighting back the urge to just break down and cry*

"How? Wha-what are you doing here?"

*Sarah chuckled, a smile forming on he lips*

"And I th-though I was th-the one with a s-stutter."

*She approached him, her hand moving up to his face*

"Y-you're old.  Y-you are s-so much older.  And y-you got b-bigger!  B-but your f-face, oh y-your handsome f-face."

*Her delicate fingers traced each scar, new and old, seen and the ones that were buried.  He couldn't help himself: a tear ran down his face*

"Wh-what has ha-happened to y-you, to make y-you so much more, hur-hurt?"

"The life of a wall is one of endurance.  I learned that from a close friend."

"I w-wonder which friend?  Oh, Telamon Stabilis, enduring stability, h-how I've m-missed y-you so."

*Sarah moved backwards, drifting upwards to Stabilis' eye level.*

"Th-there is s-so much here!  Y-you would like it, all th-the books."

*Stabilis faced Tak, tear still rolling down.  He searched for the words to tell him.  (What have you done?  Thank you?  How Dare you?). His faced showed a simple question:  Why?*

"Because we can." Tak says. The remark was flippant but his tone was serious. "Those with power should use it to the benefit of others. To not do so would be selfish and dishonorable."

On 10/24/2016 at 3:50 PM, -Platinum- said:

*He perks a brow, after he dashes back into the kitchen* "Well then, I'm happy I chuold make someone happy I guess?" *He truns to Sev* "Hah, your jaw is gone?, I was hopeing you'll save that for something else *He smirks in a joking manner*

Sam laughs.

"I'll have the same." She says. "Brandon, come here."

The child runs over and climbs into his mother's lap.

"Brandon, this is Zaeed." She said. "He's mommy's new friend."

The child looks at you and you get the unnerving sense he is sizing you up. It is a look you may have seen on Grineer soldiers, and seems out of place on a child.

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The initiates struggle to follow your movements. Their shouts seem more gutter all them focused and all half of them move as if unfamiliar with the motions.

The youth who stood beside the door, the one who appeared to have an aptitude for Rhino, and the girl saved by the shade are different. The Rhino's movements are concise, if rigid. He goes through the motions as if striking at a foe, rather than flowing through forms.

The girl flows through them with ease, but every no and then she seems to startle out of a daze and her firm becames as sloppy as the rest.

Seeing that the youngsters predictably had difficulties with the movements, she decided to act the same way her instructors from long ago did: to break the pattern by stages and to continue only once the replica was remotely performed by the student. She also chuckled momentarily from the fact back in the day she acted samely as the bulky initiate did - sceptically about the true nature of these exercises.

Hoping that the initiates would understand her tactics and the assistants would help youngsters with their movements, she repeated the first phase and "froze" in the interim with the expecting and patient expression on her face.  

Edited by Teloch

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Because we can." Tak says. The remark was flippant but his tone was serious. "Those with power should use it to the benefit of others. To not do so would be selfish and dishonorable."

"But, what was the purpose of this?  To make me fear you, or respect you?  To play with my emotions?  What?"

*Stabilis moved a hand up to wipe away the tear.  His breath was shuddering, as if he was fighting back the urge to weep*

"Why did you disturb her sleep? I feel like there is something that you're not telling me."

*The memories swam through his head.   He was standing in the Zariman, a social area, where a group of kids were moving towards a small girl.  

He watched as they gathered round, taunting her stutter.  He could bear no more; a feeling rose in him, anger beyond all anger, and he rushed to her, throwing those who were holding him back.  He punched two of them, knocking them both to the ground.  He grabbed the ringleader, and pick her up.  His strength was greater than ever before.

When the void burns came, and they all turned on each other, he covered her.  He was no canon; he was a wall.  They killed each other, but he saved her.  Together, they ran.  

She was not as resilient as he was, the burns had taken her eyes, but she survived.  They ran, and years ticked by.  Eventually, Stabilis and her had climbed into the cryo-pods, to pass by the long years.  She died while she was still young, a fresh adult.  The cryo-sickness was too much for her already scarred body.*

On 24/10/2016 at 5:08 PM, Rakawan said:

"Fire detected in medical bag." A Cephalon says. Sprinklers diuse those present.

"Transportation to the surface will be provided." A soldier says, all but pushing you from the room. "We will send you the bill."

The dragon coughs slightly because if the water,  small puffs of smoke escaping his nose. 

" Sorry for that he can be. . .  Pretty  blunt sometimes." The boy says looking at the sprinkler as small sparks form from the armor. "And thank you for the help."

25 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A look of anger grips Sai'ah's features. Pink light flares across the teddy bears who leap onto the troll, striking him again and again in the face and other open areas.

As the troll was being beaten up by a gang of teddy bears, the crowd's anger turned into laughter. Some recorded the event, and the video was put on the spacenet, already surpassing the troll's prank video in both views and likes.

The troll was fighting, but he had no chance. Humiliated by a bunch of plush toys, he's going to be the new clown of Phenix...

"Yeah! Break his kidneys!" exclaimed Alice, enjoying the spectacle.

33 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sam laughs.

"I'll have the same." She says. "Brandon, come here."

The child runs over and climbs into his mother's lap.

"Brandon, this is Zaeed." She said. "He's mommy's new friend."

The child looks at you and you get the unnerving sense he is sizing you up. It is a look you may have seen on Grineer soldiers, and seems out of place on a child.

*He perks a brow and looks over to him, he truns to face him* "Hello Brandon" *He smiles warmly, he slowly offers his hand, he perks a brow to Sam* "Friend?"

31 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"But, what was the purpose of this?  To make me fear you, or respect you?  To play with my emotions?  What?"

*Stabilis moved a hand up to wipe away the tear.  His breath was shuddering, as if he was fighting back the urge to weep*

"Why did you disturb her sleep? I feel like there is something that you're not telling me."

*The memories swam through his head.   He was standing in the Zariman, a social area, where a group of kids were moving towards a small girl.  

He watched as they gathered round, taunting her stutter.  He could bear no more; a feeling rose in him, anger beyond all anger, and he rushed to her, throwing those who were holding him back.  He punched two of them, knocking them both to the ground.  He grabbed the ringleader, and pick her up.  His strength was greater than ever before.

When the void burns came, and they all turned on each other, he covered her.  He was no canon; he was a wall.  They killed each other, but he saved her.  Together, they ran.  

She was not as resilient as he was, the burns had taken her eyes, but she survived.  They ran, and years ticked by.  Eventually, Stabilis and her had climbed into the cryo-pods, to pass by the long years.  She died while she was still young, a fresh adult.  The cryo-sickness was too much for her already scarred body.*

"I did not plan this." Tak says. "Nor would I use such tactics for intimidation or torment. I have far easier ways of achieving that."

He gestures to the shades.

"I disturbed no rest." He says. "Those here are echoes, remnants, not spirits. They are a copy of the individual as they were before they died. A collection of memories and personality, but not a soul. She has passed on and I would like to believe she is at peace."

37 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Seeing that the youngsters predictably had difficulties with the movements, she decided to act the same way her instructors from long ago did: to break the pattern by stages and to continue only once the replica was remotely performed by the student. She also chuckled momentarily from the fact back in the day she acted samely as the bulky initiate did - sceptically about the true nature of these exercises.

Hoping that the initiates would understand her tactics and the assistants would help youngsters with their movements, she repeated the first phase and "froze" in the interim with the expecting and patient expression on her face.  

As you slow Cass draws a small walking stick from his robes and lifts and straightens limbs with small nudges. 

"Seth, you strike to hard, let the motion flow." He says the the Rhino-to-be.

"Lucy, relax,go with the flow, your body knows these motions, let it guide you."

"Maurice, Tony." He says. "Put some effort into it. Confidence and precision are key."

The initiates follow your first motion. Maurice and Tony make slight improvements and Set and Lucy seem to relax, their motions more flowing.

13 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He perks a brow and looks over to him, he truns to face him* "Hello Brandon" *He smiles warmly, he slowly offers his hand, he perks a brow to Sam* "Friend?"

The child looks at your for another moment then shrugs and nods.

"Okay." He says, taking your hand. "Friend."