The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"I have met many who make such claims." Tak says. "I have found nothing to justify engaging them."

He turns to a bookshelf.

Tthat beings said there is a tome you might appreciate." He says. 

He lifts a book from the shelf and lays it in a table, blowing on it. Golden dust rises into the air and you sense some presence withdraw.

*Stabilis exhales, sending the dust away from him.  He looks down to the book.*

"What is this tome, that has been unused for some time?"

*Stabilis moves closer, trying to read the title.*

"And why a tome?"

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The bartender looks at you and gestures to a sign.

"Frames powered down, weapons in storage boxes. No exceptions,"

He slides a box to you.

The sign shimmers and adds:

"No fire breathing, except in emergencies."

The boy looks at the shimmering sign. He takes off a small round shape out of the frame's torso, all its energy dying immediately, and places it in the box with the War and Lexington prime. 

Then he turns to the dragon who's still staring at the "No fire breathing" sign with some kind of a worried look in his eyes. His head turns to his brother for a few seconds before he tries to fly away, only to fall flat to the ground as he is held by the tail by the young man. 

"Ho no. You are not escaping this." Cyriann says as he forced the beast to open his mouth before stuffing something deep inside and letting the dragon go.

He jumps around a few seconds first coughing puffs of smoke and then nothing, it grunts a few times as if it's throat is irritated. "Damn you... It's not like I would had burnt the place with my flames. Why did you shut down my furnace ?" 

"Because it's natural to you, and though normally you wouldn't had burnt the place down, with alcohol running down it could have ended up way stronger than usual. So better safe than sorry." He then turns to the bartender. "With that done, sorry for the scene by the way, can he have a drink ?" He points at the dragon.

39 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

An image coelesces on the roof. Nemesis. The same as the armor Sai'ah wore.

"He deserved it." The apparition snarled. "That runt was disrupting your hive. You should thank me."

Sai'ah rises to her feet and grips the apparition by the throat, lifting it.

"I have kept you around because you are useful, demon." She says. "But you are rapidly outliving that fact. If you do that again, I will devour what remains if your essence and consign you to oblivion!"

"Yeah... what she said." Alice commented. Hooray for confusion!

((Hold your horses! It's not a "that's what she said" joke! You can lower your chainsaws now!))

6 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Seth looks at the others, as if gathering consensus. 

"Tell is your story." He says. "And we will tell you ours."

Cass frowns.

"Show some respect youngling." He says. "You speak to one who was Tenno before you were born."

Kids these days...

"That's alright. One day, he'll have his chance to learn about the importance of respect in the less favorable circumstances. Besides, he made a promise himself and for the others. Would be a shame if he fails his end of the bargain, is it not?" Therese responded to a grumpy mentor in a calm, hexis-ish tone. 

"As your supervisor mentioned, I was born back in the times when the Moon was where it belonged, when the countless number of people freely traveled between the realms through the solar rails system, when the world was meritocratic and not violence-driven like it is now, and when the human civilization was slowly approaching its epitome. It wasn't the utopia since the poor and neglected struggled to meet the ends when all other casts desperately tried to avoid descending into poverty and the tops were fattening just as always. I was relatively fortunate: my mother was a vigorous bureaucrat and my father was a promising biologist. Though having strong family background wasn't enough to succeed in the society of that age, so I received proper education and began the career in one huge investment & consultancy company. Recalling the troubles and fears of civilian life now makes me grin. Once there were times when people were panically afraid of leaving gaps in their work experience, missing more promising opportunities to less risky ones, failing to start a family before hitting some subjectively "crucial" age barrier, sitting for too long on the same slab of the social ladder, and other things unknown to you because of the irrelevance to the modern challenges and troubles. Have to admit - those were my fears as well. I wasn't all that happy about doing the job I grew to hate at some point, to deal with the daily hypocrisy and false, to desperately climb the hierarchy regardless the costs; that was how the world worked, and so I had to obey the system. It all began to shatter with the war erupting at the distant colonies. Human psychology functions in a way that people disregard and forcefully ignore the threats as long as they are far away from the tragedy, but whenever a war starts, it begins to influence everyone, regardless of the distance from the frontlines. Even though people mostly acted as if the conflict would never reach them, markets dynamics and the amount of desperate propaganda suggested otherwise. After coming to the realization that my previous life would most likely come to an end soon, I had to make a decision of what to do next: to go with a flow, pretending that everything is alright until the moment the horde of terramorphing drones breaks in and strips all of the civilians from their denials, to try to run, exposing myself to all of the hardships refugees suffer, or to make a leap of fate and to finally try to fight for at least some control over my own fate by leaving the cozily delusional civil life behind and joining the fighting party. Well... you can now see the result of my decision right before you and do the maths"

And what led you to the decision to become who you are?"

Edited by Teloch

19 hours ago, Teloch said:

Kids these days...

"That's alright. One day, he'll have his chance to learn about the importance of respect in the less favorable circumstances. Besides, he made a promise himself and for the others. Would be a shame if he fails his end of the bargain, is it not?" Therese responded to a grumpy mentor in a calm, hexis-ish tone. 

"As your supervisor mentioned, I was born back in the times when the Moon was where it belonged, when the countless number of people freely traveled between the realms through the solar rails system, when the world was meritocratic and not violence-driven like it is now, and when the human civilization was slowly approaching its epitome. It wasn't the utopia since the poor and neglected struggled to meet the ends when all other casts desperately tried to avoid descending into poverty and the tops were fattening just as always. I was relatively fortunate: my mother was a vigorous bureaucrat and my father was a promising biologist. Though having strong family background wasn't enough to succeed in the society of that age, so I received proper education and began the career in one huge investment & consultancy company. Recalling the troubles and fears of civilian life now makes me grin. Once there were times when people were panically afraid of leaving gaps in their work experience, missing more promising opportunities to less risky ones, failing to start a family before hitting some subjectively "crucial" age barrier, sitting for too long on the same slab of the social ladder, and other things unknown to you because of the irrelevance to the modern challenges and troubles. Have to admit - those were my fears as well. I wasn't all that happy about doing the job I grew to hate at some point, to deal with the daily hypocrisy and false, to desperately climb the hierarchy regardless the costs; that was how the world worked, and so I had to obey the system. It all began to shatter with the war erupting at the distant colonies. Human psychology functions in a way that people disregard and forcefully ignore the threats as long as they are far away from the tragedy, but whenever a war starts, it begins to influence everyone, regardless of the distance from the frontlines. Even though people mostly acted as if the conflict would never reach them, markets dynamics and the amount of desperate propaganda suggested otherwise. After coming to the realization that my previous life would most likely come to an end soon, I had to make a decision of what to do next: to go with a flow, pretending that everything is alright until the moment the horde of terramorphing drones breaks in and strips all of the civilians from their denials, to try to run, exposing myself to all of the hardships refugees suffer, or to make a leap of fate and to finally try to fight for at least some control over my own fate by leaving the cozily delusional civil life behind and joining the fighting party. Well... you can now see the result of my decision right before you and do the maths"

And what led you to the decision to become who you are?"

Seth steps forward.

"When I first arrived my uncle sent me to Jas to learn to be an Archon Knight. I served as his squire until he became a Tenno. When that happened it fell to me to fill his shoes on the Order. It was a daunting prospect. Jas had fought beside Gallik himself. He had been there since the start. I had only a year of training behind me and everyone expected Jas' squire to be capable of the same greatness as the man himself."

As he speaks a shade wanders over. It seems different t than the others, clad in ornate and regal robes. You sense no void energy from it, none of the auras that surround the Tenno shades. The face is scarred and rough and the man has the bearing of a warrior.

"They were not disappointed." Seth said. "Jas had only a year, and yet he taught me more in that year than anyone, Tenno or Human, has ever taught. I was an Archon within a month of his transformation, and a Knight within three. I figured that if I could do that, then what challenge could becoming a Tenno pose?"

On 10/26/2016 at 10:38 AM, CelestialSabre said:

"So what's this i hear about a uniform?"

Argus gestures to an Excalibur hanging on the rack.

"Pick on and we'll get it set up."

You notice each comes pre-loaded with a glaive like insignia on the shoulder.

On 10/26/2016 at 10:18 AM, (XB1)chillichillman said:*Stabilis exhales, sending the dust away from him.  He looks down to the book.*

"What is this tome, that has been unused for some time?"

*Stabilis moves closer, trying to read the title.*

"And why a tome?"

"Because nothing bespeaks msysticism and history more than a proper tome." Tak says. "The dust is a powder, a warding spell against intruders who seek its knowledge."

Thetome has an image of an eastern dragon on the cover.

"Before our order there are legends of another." Tak said. "Recorded only here, and spoken of by few. The Order of the... well the closest would be fist. But the eyes can mean wall, mountain, or even dragon."

Drawn on the first page, standing in a martial pose, atop a mountain, stands an Atlas. The firm has more ribbons and ornaments than any warframe.

"They were Warrior monks, and skilled in usage of the void to achieve mystical feats. It is said they managed to use the void the way monks of legend used Chi."

On 10/26/2016 at 10:38 AM, Denny2669 said:

"Yeah... what she said." Alice commented. Hooray for confusion!

((Hold your horses! It's not a "that's what she said" joke! You can lower your chainsaws now!))

The figure turns to glare at you.

"Silence worm!" It snaps. "You should bow before her, not lecture her."

Sai'ah tightens her grip.

"I don't want people to bow." She snaps. "Has that not occurred to you?"

On 10/26/2016 at 10:35 AM, Cyriann said:

The boy looks at the shimmering sign. He takes off a small round shape out of the frame's torso, all its energy dying immediately, and places it in the box with the War and Lexington prime. 

Then he turns to the dragon who's still staring at the "No fire breathing" sign with some kind of a worried look in his eyes. His head turns to his brother for a few seconds before he tries to fly away, only to fall flat to the ground as he is held by the tail by the young man. 

"Ho no. You are not escaping this." Cyriann says as he forced the beast to open his mouth before stuffing something deep inside and letting the dragon go.

He jumps around a few seconds first coughing puffs of smoke and then nothing, it grunts a few times as if it's throat is irritated. "Damn you... It's not like I would had burnt the place with my flames. Why did you shut down my furnace ?" 

"Because it's natural to you, and though normally you wouldn't had burnt the place down, with alcohol running down it could have ended up way stronger than usual. So better safe than sorry." He then turns to the bartender. "With that done, sorry for the scene by the way, can he have a drink ?" He points at the dragon.

The bartender eyes the beast.

"How old is he?" He asks.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The figure turns to glare at you.

"Silence worm!" It snaps. "You should bow before her, not lecture her."

Sai'ah tightens her grip.

"I don't want people to bow." She snaps. "Has that not occurred to you?"

((Wait, who's saying what? I'm a little confuzzeled...))

"Do you wanna know what a worm looks like? From the inside?" Alice asked the thing.

On 10/26/2016 at 9:55 AM, -Platinum- said:

*He smiles* "Very well" *He uses a key on his holo-gram menu, a Carrier Prime, floats over and drops something into Zaeed's hand, before floating away, he opens his hand, reveling a "Primed" Yoyo, its inner and outer ring is gold, and the strike is Orokin white and black* "Like this one?"

Brandon grabs the yoyo and peers at it. Helps fingers twist at it, looking for places it might disassemble or slide apart.

"What do you say?" Sam chides.

"Thabk you." Brandon murmurs, fully absorbed in the toy."

Sam shakes her head.

"Sirry for his manners." She says. "Sometimes I think the Grineer half of him affects his mind. He's far too clever for his age, and sometimes he can be so rough."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The bartender eyes the beast.

"How old is he?" He asks.

"Born around... 2 years ago..." Says the boy as an answer.

"Yet mentally I'm more around 21." Says the dragon proudly bulging his torso, before getting a smacking on the head.

"Basically he is to be considered as old as I'm, and my brother. I know that sounds weird, but believe me it is the truth." The young man has a strange smile on his face, showing his embarrassment toward his brother's behavior.

Edited by Cyriann
wrong quote was used

Just now, Denny2669 said:

((Wait, who's saying what? I'm a little confuzzeled...))

"Do you wanna know what a worm looks like? From the inside?" Alice asked the thing.

((It is the figure. She is Sai'ah.))

Sai'ah tightens her grasp and the figure bursts into specks of dust, that swirl and are drawn into the young woman.

Sai'ah takes a breath and fur a second her gaze is predatory and ancient. Then she smiles and returns to normal.

Just now, Rakawan said:

((It is the figure. She is Sai'ah.))

Sai'ah tightens her grasp and the figure bursts into specks of dust, that swirl and are drawn into the young woman.

Sai'ah takes a breath and fur a second her gaze is predatory and ancient. Then she smiles and returns to normal.

"So... enslaved demons much? All the more reason to like you." Alice commented.

5 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

"Born around... 2 years ago..." Says the boy as an answer.

"Yet mentally I'm more around 21." Says the dragon proudly bulging his torso, before getting a smacking on the head.

"Basically he is to be considered as old as I'm, and my brother. I know that sounds weird, but believe me it is the truth." The young man has a strange smile on his face, showing his embarrassment toward his brother's behavior.

The bartender scratches his chin for a moment then looks at you.

"Mental age don't count." He says. "Or Sai'ah would be able to drink."

He slides an empty glass to you.

"So if you say 21 then I'll accept it." He says. "So long as you take responsibility."

4 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"So... enslaved demons much? All the more reason to like you." Alice commented.

"More like a slave tutor." Sai'ah says. "She knows more about psionics than anyone else, but she is little more than a beast at times. She gets to exist, and I get to know what she knows."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"More like a slave tutor." Sai'ah says. "She knows more about psionics than anyone else, but she is little more than a beast at times. She gets to exist, and I get to know what she knows."

"Cool! I tried enslaving demons more than once. But they rather ceased to exist than serve little o' me. Something about my head being worse than hell. Silly, no?" Alice said.

1 minute ago, CelestialSabre said:

"I only just arrived here. Although I don't know much yet, I wish to"

"Well." Argus says. "Ask away. I know just about everyone that has come through here and that includes our current leader."