The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

15 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis looks down at the scribbles, trying to look for any pattern.  He looks back to the shade*

"I do not understand your meaning, not in the depth that you want.  I know that truth holds the lesson of success, while deception holds the lesson for the mistake.  Both you learn from, but only one you repeat.  And as for the restraint,"

*He looks to Sarah*

"My anger is reserved for only one.  And you are not him.  You did not sit aside as the last of my family, my true family, died."

The spirit vanishes. His voice sounds in your mind.

"and in so doing they managed to wield the void as none had before."

It seems whatever is one the pages before holds some record of how such was done.

"With that power came success." He voice says. "And with success, pride."

Power fills you. You feel as if you stomp and split the continent in two.

You feel truly invincible. 

"Weakling!" A voice snaps. "Come and face me."

A massive Grineer stands in challenge. His face twisted into an arrogant grin.

Behind you come the sounds of gunfire and the screams of the dying. Grineer march on a village on the slopes below. A few steps could take within range, bring you close enough to send the crush the Grineer.

A circle hems you in. A dueling ring. To step across would be to forfeit. 

"Thinking of running away." Your opponent taunts. "I don't blame you. Weaklings always run."

Edited by Rakawan

15 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Oh, Sorry Brandon" *He says* "I was worried you;ll get scared by Habrigner, I mean, he did appper right over my body" *He says*

The child seems to accept that he won't get any more information and returns to the yoyo.

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The spirit vanishes. His voice sounds in your mind.

"and in so doing they managed to wield the void as none had before."

It seems whatever is one the pages before holds some record of how such was done.

"With that power came success." He voice says. "And with success, pride."

Power fills you. You feel as if you stomp and split the continent in two.

You feel truly invincible. 

"Weakling!" A voice snaps. "Come and face me."

A massive Grineer stands in challenge. His face twisted into an arrogant grin.

Behind you come the sounds of gunfire and the screams of the dying. Grineer march on a village on the slopes below. A few steps could take within range, bring you close enough to send the crush the Grineer.

A circle hems you in. A dueling ring. To step across would be to forfeit. 

"Thinking of running away." Your opponent taunts. "I don't blame you. Weaklings always run."

*Stabilis stands, slipping the tome into one of his hidden pockets.  He puts his great helm back on, and raises his fists.  His feat are set as they were in the pub*

"*Muttering to himself*I do not know how real this is, but if it is real enough to hurt me, I do not want it to kill me."

*He raises his voice, letting it rumble across the planet.  All who heard it would think it belonged to the earth itself*

"I AM STABILIS, THE MIGHTY! ALL WHO STAND IN MY PATH SHALL FALL!  And to call one weak is to admit your own weakness"

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis stands, slipping the tome into one of his hidden pockets.  He puts his great helm back on, and raises his fists.  His feat are set as they were in the pub*

"*Muttering to himself*I do not know how real this is, but if it is real enough to hurt me, I do not want it to kill me."

*He raises his voice, letting it rumble across the planet.  All who heard it would think it belonged to the earth itself*

"I AM STABILIS, THE MIGHTY! ALL WHO STAND IN MY PATH SHALL FALL!  And to call one weak is to admit your own weakness"

Another set of screams and you can hear Sarah's among them. Their village is just out of reach of your powers. To save it would mean leaving the circle, and forfeiting the match.

"Did you say something?" The challenger asks, cleaning out his ear. "Speak up worm, or have you lost your voice?"

3 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"I should make a book made out of cow skin with your ideas!" Alice said.

"There is a mean man." She says. "Someone who has been picking on my friends. I. Want. His. Skull!"

The demonic entity from before can be heard in her voice and it seems that both find this idea on of a few things to agree on.

"Gather your sharpest knives and meet me here." Sai'ah says, mentally showing you a picture of a patch of woods outside the city.

She leaps off the roof onto an adjacent one and runs towards the city walks. You can feel a strange wave of psionic energy flow off her, echoing out like a hunting call.

Edited by Rakawan

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Another set of screams and you can hear Sarah's among them. Their village is just out of reach of your powers. To save it would mean leaving the circle, and forfeiting the match.

"Did you say something?" The challenger asks, cleaning out his ear. "Speak up worm, or have you lost your voice?"

*Why was he in this match?  Was this the way to have the grineer surrender, or a trick?  Stabilis closed his eyes, letting not the void flow through him, but the last words spoken to him by his uncle, the one who saved him:  "Do not, ever, let the competition distract you from what is right.  I purposely lost a fight so that my opponent could use the money to pay for his mom's medical stuff.  Follow your heart, never your fist."*

"I do not care for this.  The challenge is not my own, it will serve no purpose."

*Stabilis opened his eyes, and laid down a golem.  He rolled back, out of the ring, and then began to charge into village, plumes of dust rising from his feet.  He had forgotten his own path, his own code.  Three pillars, to hold your mind.  Truth, Justice, and Strength.*

Edited by (XB1)chillichillman

7 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Why was he in this match?  Was this the way to have the grineer forfeit, or a trick?  Stabilis closed his eyes, letting not the void flow through him, but the last words spoken to him by his uncle, the one who saved him:  "Do not, ever, let the competition distract you from what is right.  I purposely lost a fight so that my opponent could use the money to pay for his mom's medical stuff.  Follow your heart, never your fist."

"I do not care for this.  The challenge is not my own, it will serve no purpose."

*Stabilis opened his eyes, and laid down a golem.  He rolled back, out of the ring, and then began to charge into village, plumes of dust rising from his feet.  He had forgotten his own path, his own code.  Three pillars, to hold your mind.  Truth, Justice, and Strength.*

As soon as you enter the village a wave of dust rolls over it and washes away the surroundings.

You blink and see the spirit nodding in approval.

He bows to Sarah.

"I am sorry if I startled you, young one." He says.

He turns to you.

"You have passed the second test." He says. "Though I think that much is obvious."

Another scribbling sound and more squiggles join the first group.

"The lone survivor of the village accused the monks." The voice reads. "How could they have sat back and watched while his home burned. Chastised they realized their errors, and swore eternal vigil over the lands surrounding their home."

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

((Going to assume that among all the excitement there were days of downtime.))

"We have existed since before the Collapse." Argus says. "But this planet was settled about two years ago, or a few more months, and we have been here a matter of weeks."

"I see. So did the people bring this clan together, or did an outsider with a dream start the clan?"

Just now, Rakawan said:

As soon as you enter the village a wave of dust rolls over it and washes away the surroundings.

You blink and see the spirit nodding in approval.

He bows to Sarah.

"I am sorry if I startled you, young one." He says.

He turns to you.

"You have passed the second test." He says. "Though I think that much is obvious."

Another scribbling sound and more squiggles join the first group.

"The lone survivor of the village accused the monks." The voice reads. "How could they have sat back and watched while his home burned. Chastised they realized their errors, and swore eternal vigil over the lands surrounding their home."

*Sarah startles only slightly, enough to wake her.  She sit up straight, tensing her back.  her image flickers, and for a brief moment it is a man, lean yet slender, covered in bullet holes.  He looks approvingly at Stabilis.  The image returns to Sarah, who has not noticed the change.*

"S-such a bad d-dream."

*Stabilis was slightly confused at this passage.  Had the villager not seen them?*

"The monks would always defend to their last breath.  Many of them did.  But not all were warriors; most were simple scholars, those who sought a higher power, as the ones of old did."

9 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He signs* "God, I'm sorry to ask, but.." *He says* "How..did you get Brandon come to be?"

Sam shudders.

"I.. I do not want to talk about it." She says. "Suffice it to say there was an Overseer who had a certain interest and was very insistent and very scary."

She wraps her arms around herself.

"After the monthly medical exam I was moved to sorting rocks, instead of mining them, and he was transferred to a different colony."

Edited by Rakawan

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sam shudders.

"I.. I do not want to talk about it." She says. "Suffice it to say there was an Overseer who had a certain interest and was very insistent and very scary."

She wraps her arms around herself.

"After the monthly medical exam I was moved to sorting rocks, instead of mining them, and he was transferred to a different colony."

*Zaeed frowns, he grips something on his neck* "I..Im sorry, but..I needed to kown, but please, you don't have to say anymore, but..tell me one thing,..Is he?, the Grinner?"

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"The Tenno shades." He says. His tone makes it clear he does not count himself among them. "Many of them do little besides talk these days."

"For some strange reason, I always got along with the elderly better than with my peers. But I highly doubt that this is what you wanted to talk about"

Edited by Teloch

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Sarah startles only slightly, enough to wake her.  She sit up straight, tensing her back.  her image flickers, and for a brief moment it is a man, lean yet slender, covered in bullet holes.  He looks approvingly at Stabilis.  The image returns to Sarah, who has not noticed the change.*

"S-such a bad d-dream."

*Stabilis was slightly confused at this passage.  Had the villager not seen them?*

"The monks would always defend to their last breath.  Many of them did.  But not all were warriors; most were simple scholars, those who sought a higher power, as the ones of old did."

"We seek to ensure that our mistakes are not repeated." The spirit says simply.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"We seek to ensure that our mistakes are not repeated." The spirit says simply.

*Stabilis looks up to the spirit*

"But the Tenno, the other Tenno, would they not step in as well?  And what of the survivor, did he simply fight in his own greed, so that he could survive, or did he run?  Either way, he would hold as much blame as the monks.  How can one expect old scholars who seek science over combat to fight?  Those ones are the healers, the bookworms."

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"There is a mean man." She says. "Someone who has been picking on my friends. I. Want. His. Skull!"

The demonic entity from before can be heard in her voice and it seems that both find this idea on of a few things to agree on.

"Gather your sharpest knives and meet me here." Sai'ah says, mentally showing you a picture of a patch of woods outside the city.

She leaps off the roof onto an adjacent one and runs towards the city walks. You can feel a strange wave of psionic energy flow off her, echoing out like a hunting call.

"Aye aye, m'am!" Alice saluted and floated off to her steak house to get her... cutlery.
This break will have to be extended...

16 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The bartender scratches his chin for a moment then looks at you.

"Mental age don't count." He says. "Or Sai'ah would be able to drink."

He slides an empty glass to you.

"So if you say 21 then I'll accept it." He says. "So long as you take responsibility."

The boy sighs. 

"Well then give me a taste of your best shot !" The dragon exclames in reaction.

Cyriann gets to the bar itself setting the dragon, which had shrinked to fit in it, it's tail waging in the air in expectation of what the bartender has for him. 

2 hours ago, Cyriann said:

The boy sighs. 

"Well then give me a taste of your best shot !" The dragon exclames in reaction.

Cyriann gets to the bar itself setting the dragon, which had shrinked to fit in it, it's tail waging in the air in expectation of what the bartender has for him. 

The barkeep slides you a shot of Meridian Moonshine."

16 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed frowns, he grips something on his neck* "I..Im sorry, but..I needed to kown, but please, you don't have to say anymore, but..tell me one thing,..Is he?, the Grinner?"

"The overseer was Grineer." She says. "Now... now he is dead."

14 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Aye aye, m'am!" Alice saluted and floated off to her steak house to get her... cutlery.
This break will have to be extended...

Bill sits at the counter watching the place.

"Where's the Princess?" He asks.

15 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis looks up to the spirit*

"But the Tenno, the other Tenno, would they not step in as well?  And what of the survivor, did he simply fight in his own greed, so that he could survive, or did he run?  Either way, he would hold as much blame as the monks.  How can one expect old scholars who seek science over combat to fight?  Those ones are the healers, the bookworms."

"That power you felt, that was what I posssesed." The spirit says. "As did the other masters. We could have stopped it. We could have done something. These visions are our story, only a part of yours. The past cannot be changed. But it can be learned from."

"An Orokin came to the monks, requesting solace from the Tenno who pursued him. An initiate, unaware of his crimes, agreed to shelter him."

You find yourself standing upon the gates of a monastery.

"Stabilis!" A voice shouts. Tak stands outside the gates. "Hand over the Apostate brother so that he may answer for his crimes."

The Apostate from before stands in the  courtyard behind you. 

"I was promised sanctuary until my trial." He says. "You swore I would be safe here Grandmaster."

Images of burning villages and mountains of corpses fill your mind and you know what he has done.

"You deserve no trial." Tak says. "Nor will we allow you to reach that court!"

Others fan out behind him. Power surges through them. It seems equal, perhaps greater than that which flows through you. You can see the court far away, the ground between you and it is filled with angry Tenno.

16 hours ago, Teloch said:

"For some strange reason, I always got along with the elderly better than with my peers. But I highly doubt that this is what you wanted to talk about"

"You are perceptive." He says. "Do you know who I am?"