The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

15 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus juggled Teslas whilst he waited.

"Ah."  Zareth's hologram vanished for a few seconds, then reappeared.  "It's on it's way.  Should be here within two minutes."  He sighed.  "I can automate this entire facility by myself, but I can't project myself into more than one room at a time.  It's rather annoying, but since being in two places at once too often is what led to my predecessor's... untimely decommission, I was not given that capability."

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

"Ah."  Zareth's hologram vanished for a few seconds, then reappeared.  "It's on it's way.  Should be here within two minutes."  He sighed.  "I can automate this entire facility by myself, but I can't project myself into more than one room at a time.  It's rather annoying, but since being in two places at once too often is what led to my predecessor's... untimely decommission, I was not given that capability."

Foleus nodded.

"Understandable. I can wait and so can the... Example."

The Lancer specter was just kinda standing there.

1 hour ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus nodded.

"Understandable. I can wait and so can the... Example."

The Lancer specter was just kinda standing there.

A little less than two minutes later, the door opened and a Moa walked in with a dagger on its head.  It bent its metallic knees and straightened again, launching the dagger into the air toward Foleus at an easily catchable velocity.

3 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

A little less than two minutes later, the door opened and a Moa walked in with a dagger on its head.  It bent its metallic knees and straightened again, launching the dagger into the air toward Foleus at an easily catchable velocity.

Foleus caught the dagger and threw it into the Lancer's face, performing an Execution Finisher.

20 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus caught the dagger and threw it into the Lancer's face, performing an Execution Finisher.

The Moa turned and left the room, pulling the door closed with one leg while it hopped out on the other.

12 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus ripped the dagger out of the Lancer's head and stepped back 5 meters.

Zareth raised a forcefield around all critical computer components in the room as a precautionary measure.

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

The device sent out an energy blast, dealing equal damage as the finisher to everything and everyone within five meters.

"I'm assuming that in practice it acts a little faster?" asked Zareth.  "And against and Ash it's pointless anyway.  All the clones that don't need to survive..."

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I'm assuming that in practice it acts a little faster?" asked Zareth.  "And against and Ash it's pointless anyway.  All the clones that don't need to survive..."

"This was just an example. It is far more efficient in the field."

17 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Namira fires rounds off, the beast roaring as its head splatters the wall. It hangs limp.

She circles around as the beast attacks the molt and fires again.

*She charges up and blasts her Miasma power, cuaseing the spore to explode in a massive exollxaitpopn, hopeing to take out the infested in the room 

"This was just an example. It is far more efficient in the field."

"I believe it.  But that device presents a few problems.  It would be very hard to ensure it doesn't trigger whenever the unit is killed, turning it into a grenade that would be used against us.  And besides that, if we were going to fight Tenno, we'd send other Tenno.  Since that's by far the most effective way to do it."

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I believe it.  But that device presents a few problems.  It would be very hard to ensure it doesn't trigger whenever the unit is killed, turning it into a grenade that would be used against us.  And besides that, if we were going to fight Tenno, we'd send other Tenno.  Since that's by far the most effective way to do it."

"Ah, but I can fix that. First, it can be designed to shield against blasts originating from similar devices. second, it is effective against any unit."

"Ah, but I can fix that. First, it can be designed to shield against blasts originating from similar devices. second, it is effective against any unit."

"Maybe, but how many units used by the other syndicates are melee-oriented?  Only Loka's Druid, and they're our allies.  While it's certainly an interesting idea, it serves no practical purpose."

"Maybe, but how many units used by the other syndicates are melee-oriented?  Only Loka's Druid, and they're our allies.  While it's certainly an interesting idea, it serves no practical purpose."

Foleus nodded. 

"Yes, you have a point there. Unless... No, never mind."

4 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus nodded. 

"Yes, you have a point there. Unless... No, never mind."

"It's quite alright.  It's certainly an interesting idea, and one that I'm sure works wonders for defending Solar Rails.  But since our goal here is to create units that can hold their own against specifically the Manticores and whatever the Arbiters come up with, we don't have a need for anti-Tenno measures.  Besides, our main goal is to avoid creating conflict."

20 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"It's quite alright.  It's certainly an interesting idea, and one that I'm sure works wonders for defending Solar Rails.  But since our goal here is to create units that can hold their own against specifically the Manticores and whatever the Arbiters come up with, we don't have a need for anti-Tenno measures.  Besides, our main goal is to avoid creating conflict."

Foleus nodded. 

"In that case, I have done what I can."

20 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus nodded. 

"In that case, I have done what I can."

"You've done far more than I hoped to achieve this year.  You have my thanks, Tenno."

((no, seriously - you just helped worldbuild the Augmented troops for Perrin XD))

"You've done far more than I hoped to achieve this year.  You have my thanks, Tenno."

((no, seriously - you just helped worldbuild the Augmented troops for Perrin XD))

Foleus nodded. 

"I am glad to have been of assistance."

((And I am too. XD))

Foleus nodded. 

"I am glad to have been of assistance."

((And I am too. XD))

"I assume you'd like to go back to your ship before deciding whether to take a tour of the city and/or compete in the tournament?" Zareth asked.  "I'll light the way back for you; the hallway you took to get here is now under construction."

"I assume you'd like to go back to your ship before deciding whether to take a tour of the city and/or compete in the tournament?" Zareth asked.  "I'll light the way back for you; the hallway you took to get here is now under construction."

Foleus shook his head.

"I have already decided that I wish to take a city tour. I am no fighter, and therefor will not participate in the tournament."

Foleus shook his head.

"I have already decided that I wish to take a city tour. I am no fighter, and therefor will not participate in the tournament."

"Enjoy your time here, Foleus."  The door opened on its own this time - apparently Zareth had full control of them the entire time.

20 hours ago, Luthim said:

((I'll just facepalm myself. I should have seen that reference.))

Luna took a step back in surprise as well when she realized what he were refering to.

"I- um- of course I do, somewhat. I just remembered it under a different word..."

She threw a worried look at Ceda. "Is there something wrong with me?"

"Hm? Not what I can tell, maybe your recent fight -allthough very interesting- took a heavier toll on your mind than you thought?"

*Helios did some electronic chirps from beside Ceda but it wasen't more helpfull than that.*

"If you want we have medical assistance available." The Grost says. "Our healers are very skilled."