The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

"I fought the Grineer in the forests of Earth for twenty years, back when I was still Human." Jas says. "I know a liar when I hear one, and a fighter when I see one. You are not handicapped."

The woman leans the stick against the wall. A large, semi-infested blade grazes Jonathan's back. To the standard observer this new being would seem almost human, albeit clad in scaled warframe-like armor. But to Max it would feel ancient, and seem to be made of hundreds of skittering THINGS.

"I would speak quickly." A voice says in his mind. "My brother-in-law is not known for his patience. Particularly when armed men approach his wife."

Max sighs.  (Looks like there's no dodging this one.)  He shrugged out of his coat, then spun, grabbing Jas' arm and swinging himself behind him.  He walks to his cane, fixing his vest as he does.  "Well, in that case, I will be on my way.  Oh, and the effects of frequent void exposure on a newborn have proven to be, interesting.  Just an FYI."  He grabs his cane, sliding the blade back in.  He walks to Johnathan, who seems to have only recognized that the blade has touched him, but given no other thought.  Max spoke to him, "You know, limbo frames aren't cheap.  Don't break this one."  "Indubitably, sir." (Who is it who speaks to me, and me alone?  Also, your brother-in-law owes me a suit.)  The noise of the bugs, for lack of better name, was quite irritating to Max.  (Also, if this buggy thing is you, could you keep it down?)

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max sighs.  (Looks like there's no dodging this one.)  He shrugged out of his coat, then spun, grabbing Jas' arm and swinging himself behind him.  He walks to his cane, fixing his vest as he does.  "Well, in that case, I will be on my way.  Oh, and the effects of frequent void exposure on a newborn have proven to be, interesting.  Just an FYI."  He grabs his cane, sliding the blade back in.  He walks to Johnathan, who seems to have only recognized that the blade has touched him, but given no other thought.  Max spoke to him, "You know, limbo frames aren't cheap.  Don't break this one."  "Indubitably, sir." (Who is it who speaks to me, and me alone?  Also, your brother-in-law owes me a suit.)  The noise of the bugs, for lack of better name, was quite irritating to Max.  (Also, if this buggy thing is you, could you keep it down?)

Edited by Rakawan
((Formatting issues, ignore.))

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

It is very close. Upon closer inspection it seems it has been cut and placed suspiciously close to the Grineer. One step to the side and he would be fried.

*He perks a brow, he walks over to where the cable meets to the generator, to check if its on* "Humm..now, lets see if this puppy is on"

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

The room is much the same, the Grineer who were inside have left. For the time being it is quiet.

The generator seems stable, and there are no sparking outlets or cords that would indicate an easily sabatoged system. 

Lydia looked for the actual turbines in the generator instead.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Halfway to Jonathon anfroce yanks you back into the waiting grapsnof Jas, who grabs flesh this time and you feel a warm metal naked touch your neck. Your limbs feel like they are made of iron, immobile and heavy. 

"Perhaps I was not clear." Jas says. "Explain what you are doing, with a concealed weapon, by my wife!"

"I will buzz as loudly as I want." The voice says with childish attitude. The THINGs seem to skitter more loudly. 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

*He rips his robe two more times and wraps the pieces around his hands. With one hand he grasps the wall with the other he pulls the cable away and kicks the panel.

One minute.

The cable twitches but does not fully move.

13 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"I see..."

"What do you think after that?"

"I think." He says. "That I will get a glass of water, and stay inside tonight."

He seems shook, but secretly pleased, as if he learned something that both horrified and encouraged him.

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*He perks a brow, then looks to something to distract him with* "If I can get him to get out his chair, onto the left, and onto the cable..."

"Captain!" A harsh voice calls. A Grineer female with strange blade like legs walks past your hiding spot. 

Just now, Rakawan said:

Halfway to Jonathon anfroce yanks you back into the waiting grapsnof Jas, who grabs flesh this time and you feel a warm metal naked touch your neck. Your limbs feel like they are made of iron, immobile and heavy. 

"Perhaps I was not clear." Jas says. "Explain what you are doing, with a concealed weapon, by my wife!"

"I will buzz as loudly as I want." The voice says with childish attitude. The THINGs seem to skitter more loudly. 

"I was walking, and then I bumped into her.  The cane has a blade in it, yes, but that is the only one I have that isn't meant for formal occasions.  And if I planned on killing someone, I would't have made myself known.  Now then, would you be oh so kind as to remove the piece of metal from my neck?"  Johnathan has his hand slightly raised, ready for if anything gets too, rough.  (It does get very hard to hear everything else.  And I get that you like being the center of attention, but I have more, pressing, matters to attend to.)

17 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*He ducks down a bit more* "Shi_" *He crepes back into the dark part, wtaching them both*

The captain jumps, stumbling to the side and into the wire. The female scoffs. 

"Stupid Grineer." She says. "Now I have to carry him all the way to the infirmary. That's five minutes without a guard. Hopefully no one comes by and hacks it."

She glances meaningfully at your location for just a second then grabs the agribeer and begins dragging him to the hall. 

Edited by Rakawan

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The turbines sit behind several layers of thick glass. Unlike other Grineer worksmanship this seems too well-made.

Lydia smiled at the glass separating her from the turbines.  She'd come prepared for glass walls.

Producing one of the plasma tools miners on Phenix used to cut through volcanic glass, she proceeded to cut a hole just wider than the diameter of her arm in the first two layers of glass only.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"I was walking, and then I bumped into her.  The cane has a blade in it, yes, but that is the only one I have that isn't meant for formal occasions.  And if I planned on killing someone, I would't have made myself known.  Now then, would you be oh so kind as to remove the piece of metal from my neck?"  Johnathan has his hand slightly raised, ready for if anything gets too, rough.  (It does get very hard to hear everything else.  And I get that you like being the center of attention, but I have more, pressing, matters to attend to.)

The buzzing dies down.

"He was hoping to run into me." A woman says. The voice sounds only somewhat less animalistic than the one in your mind. "Why was that? What exactly do you need a mind reader for?"

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The captain jumps, stumbling to the side and into the wire. The female scoffs. 

"Stupid Grineer." She says. "Now I have to carry him all the way to the infirmary. That's five minutes without a guard. Hopefully no one comes by and hacks it."

She glances meaningfully at your location for just a second then grabs the agribeer and begins dragging him to the hall. 

*He lets her go* "...So much for frying him myself" *He waits for her to leave, before finding a way to exit*

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I think." He says. "That I will get a glass of water, and stay inside tonight."

He seems shook, but secretly pleased, as if he learned something that both horrified and encouraged him.

"Same here." Alice said "Where's the little one?"

A ship would come out of punch not too far away from the Rail. Its hull resembles a Tenno carrier, but well scaled up to be considered a combat ship. Its scale matches that of a Corpus medium cargo ship. When hailed for identification, the ship ID matched that of the Tenno ship known as the Leviathan. The Leviathan was home to a Tenno clan known as Fireteam Sigma, who were known for using ancient military tactics, some even predating the Orokin Empire, to surprise their enemies. Their leader, a gruff Tenno known only as Doren, sometimes seemed just as old.

The Rail would be hailed. "This is General Doren of Fireteam Sigma. I was told by a Trinity by the name of Katherine that you are in need of support."

35 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The buzzing dies down.

"He was hoping to run into me." A woman says. The voice sounds only somewhat less animalistic than the one in your mind. "Why was that? What exactly do you need a mind reader for?"

"To learn.  The only other person I know who has any remote knowledge of psychics is honestly rather simple.  He thinks that they are just the voices in his head that everyone can see for some reason."  Johnathan lowers his arm, certain that his more combat-based services will not be needed.  "And because it will be a very big thing in the post-war time, so I would like to assess how well everyone gets, along, together.  With no throats being cut."  Extra emphasis was added to the last few words.  He managed to start tapping the handle of his cane.  (Is he always this defensive? Or am I just a special treatment?). 

Edited by (XB1)chillichillman

Nox breaths to herself, recollecting the past day with crystal clarity. She's fully linked with her operator, energy coursing over and through her body with more intensity than normal. Despite the new air of confidence in her posture, more than just the stoic ready stance of all tenno, something about her, besides the wear on frame and blade, shows that she has had a long twenty four hours.

Nox's mind is an internal dialogue between frame and operator, a strange whirlwind of emotion shared between two minds, yet somehow one. She knows herself to be ready, prepared. After the past day, meeting the Tenno Council shouldn't so much as phase her. Yet, somewhere, at the corners of her mind she feels slight twinges of worry. She blocks them off for the time being though, composing herself as she looks over the highest echelon of the tenno body, the council. Though the lotus could be said to be higher still, she merely governed the general actions of most tenno. The council did more. A great deal of recently discovered frames, even a few primes were discovered by concerted efforts commanded by these tenno.