The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The impact sends him sprawling.

A single black knife, honed to an impossible edge, flies from his hands as he leaps to his feet, arcing towards you.

She tries to dodge but stumbles due to the head butt and the knife goes into her leg. She rips it out and sends it flying towards Tony. She falls over from the pain of the removal.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I'll fetch her." He says. "She usually doesn't sleep this long."

He heads down into the basement. 

A few moments later there is a deafening burst of sound and light flashes up the stairs. You hear Rip cry out.

Distorted images come over the link you share. Shadows wreathhing a figure, Marie screaming and reaching for what you assume is Rip.

Alice wasted no time, zipping through the air, down the stairs, axes in hand.

Unlike other tense times, she really seems worried now, if it isn't a understatement...

8 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice wasted no time, zipping through the air, down the stairs, axes in hand.

Unlike other tense times, she really seems worried now, if it isn't a understatement...

Rip is on the floor. A shadowy figure, a familiar crest on its chest kneels, clutching a squirming Marie.

"You have no right!" Rip is shouting. "Why now?"

"Bring me the sons of the Shadow." The figure says, fading away to smoke. "Or his daughter will walk the path."

Before you can strike at it the apparition is gone, along with Marie. Rip is rubbing his eyes, and coughing. 

Edited by Rakawan

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

She tries to dodge but stumbles due to the head butt and the knife goes into her leg. She rips it out and sends it flying towards Tony. She falls over from the pain of the removal.

Seth charges over and a beam plays from his hand. 

"Target captured." The simulation says, repairing the wound. "Mission complete."

Ares walks past you grabbing the knife. 

From where you stand you can see that it is a Despair. Not an uncommon choice among Assassins, but not exactly easy for a new initiate to acquire.

"Where..." Ares asks slowly. "Did you get this, boy?"

"My. Father." Tony says. "As. A. Coming. Of. Age. Gift. Before. He. Vanished."

Seth and the others step back from him.

"He. Said. They. Belonged. To. A. Noble. Assassin." Tony says. "Why. Are. You. Looking. At. Me. Like. That?"

Edited by Rakawan

58 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Thomas walks closer.

"Can I help?" He asks.

"Got enythang hevee und blant?"

The Chroma uses it's other arm to pull back the mass on the other arm, several of the pebbles(?) come loose, revealing nasty red welts in the cratered mass which slowly seal before your eyes. In the Chroma's struggleing, it is very clear that the mass is audibly makeing noise in a vocal manner, it grumbles and squalls like a wounded animal. In a few moments, the Chroma has wriggled free, sitting firmly on the mass a few inches from the wall.

4 minutes ago, Unus said:

"Got enythang hevee und blant?"

The Chroma uses it's other arm to pull back the mass on the other arm, several of the pebbles(?) come loose, revealing nasty red welts in the cratered mass which slowly seal before your eyes. In the Chroma's struggleing, it is very clear that the mass is audibly makeing noise in a vocal manner, it grumbles and squalls like a wounded animal. In a few moments, the Chroma has wriggled free, sitting firmly on the mass a few inches from the wall.

"Any what?" Thomas asks. "What is that?"

He points to the mass.

The mass moves in a threatening manner and emits a strange sibilant hiss mixed with a strange musical tone.

"Reendored Skalkor, Gus far. . ." 

The Chroma braces itself against the floor and seems to be struggleing somewhat.

"Blont! Yo naw!"

The Chroma pounds the ground with a fist for emphasis.

7 minutes ago, Unus said:

The mass moves in a threatening manner and emits a strange sibilant hiss mixed with a strange musical tone.

"Reendored Skalkor, Gus far. . ." 

The Chroma braces itself against the floor and seems to be struggleing somewhat.

"Blont! Yo naw!"

The Chroma pounds the ground with a fist for emphasis.

"Blunt?" He asks. "What for?"

Seven watches the makeshift boat burn as it floated out to sea.

Marco had never been one for pomp. Not when it came to serious matters. His instructions had been clear.

"Light me up and float me out." His will had said. "No relatives, no crying widow. Just an old friend. Then move on."

Seven watched the bossy of his friend be reduced to ash and float away on the breeze. Then he turned, wiped his tears, and headed back to his shop. 

Marco had been laid to rest the same way he had lived.

Celebrated by strangers, observed by a friend, and unnoticed by most.

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, Denny2669 said:

"There must be some reason he took her..." Alice suggested "Maybe Richard knows something."

"He says he wanted the sons of the Shadow." Rip said. "Who is this Shadow?"

He shakes his head at the mention of Richard. 

"I don't want to get the authorities involved." He says. "What if that figure finds out and decides to hold Marie hostage?"

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Rip motions to the door.

"We have visitors." He says. "My dumpling."

Three vets and one very prim kavat stood at the closed doors of the meat shop for a minute, waiting it to get opened. Alas, no one reacted. The silence became awkward.

"Bloom said that there is a nice bar with a good cook in the city. They seem to serve nice meat pastry. Fits for the plan "B"?"

Edited by Teloch

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Three vets and one very prim kavat stood at the closed doors of the meat shop for a minute, waiting it to get opened. Alas, no one reacted. The silence became awkward.

"Bloom said that there is a nice bar with a good cook in the city. They seem to serve nice meat pastry. Fits for the plan "B"?"

Fluffles struts into the shop, pushing Baast aside, or trying to, with a paw to the face. 

He jumps onto the counter and mewls pitifully.

"I suppose." Alan says. "Prepare for more ley warping."

He begins to draw a circle of light.

32 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Blunt?" He asks. "What for?"

The mass begins to buck wildly, letting forth a chaotic mix of noises that sound like something between a choir and a wildebeast stampede. The Chroma stands up with feet firmly planted on it and grabs a wad of the mass, pulling on it. The sound of a harp and roaring bear fill the room. On the back of the Chroma, a very large and thin "tank" of sorts sits, weighing it down significantly. The Chroma speaks to you as though between gritted teeth in exertion.

"Becoz. . . privet. . . recon. . . ."

The Chroma shakes its head as if trying to read words of a page it doesn't understand. 

"Beetblob. . . tostoop. . . bedchenge. . .fromhappuning!"

3 minutes ago, Unus said:

The mass begins to buck wildly, letting forth a chaotic mix of noises that sound like something between a choir and a wildebeast stampede. The Chroma stands up with feet firmly planted on it and grabs a wad of the mass, pulling on it. The sound of a harp and roaring bear fill the room. On the back of the Chroma, a very large and thin "tank" of sorts sits, weighing it down significantly. The Chroma speaks to you as though between gritted teeth in exertion.

"Becoz. . . privet. . . recon. . . ."

The Chroma shakes its head as if trying to read words of a page it doesn't understand. 

"Beetblob. . . tostoop. . . bedchenge. . .fromhappuning!"

The Adjuticant raises his hand and arm. A thick layer of ice coats you and the bag, freezing both solid. 

"Control send additional personal and containment unit to my coordinates." He says, as ice covers our vision and muffles sound. "And a prison orb. We may have a possible sentient fragment in Tenno captivity."

The ice layers over the bag as well, sealing it shut and locking in whatever is inside.

Edited by Rakawan

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

- snip -

"The Shadow is also reffered to as the Stalker, so these sons might be his acolytes..." Alive theorised "And we might get Richard's help as a personal favour, he doesn't have to involve the authorities, and he wanted to speak to me anyway."

7 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"The Shadow is also reffered to as the Stalker, so these sons might be his acolytes..." Alive theorised "And we might get Richard's help as a personal favour, he doesn't have to involve the authorities, and he wanted to speak to me anyway."

Rip grabs some paper and crayons and draws a symbol.

"Whoever this is might be after my father." He says. "Maybe if we can find him we can get some answers."

He holds up a familiar symbol.

"My father used to wear this on the chest of his robes." He says. "Everyone else I've shown it to acts like it is some omen of doom but won't say anything."

The symbol is a diamond that splits into four sharp spines halfway down. A single dot sits in the middle between the central spines. 

"I think, whoever that figure was, they had a similar insignia." He says. "What is it from? Some dark order of Tenno?"

:stalker:

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Seth charges over and a beam plays from his hand. 

"Target captured." The simulation says, repairing the wound. "Mission complete."

Ares walks past you grabbing the knife. 

From where you stand you can see that it is a Despair. Not an uncommon choice among Assassins, but not exactly easy for a new initiate to acquire.

"Where..." Ares asks slowly. "Did you get this, boy?"

"My. Father." Tony says. "As. A. Coming. Of. Age. Gift. Before. He. Vanished."

Seth and the others step back from him.

"He. Said. They. Belonged. To. A. Noble. Assassin." Tony says. "Why. Are. You. Looking. At. Me. Like. That?"

After she stands up she says "Oh it's nothing well talk about that later, for now you all did very good. Seth if you are going to be team leader you need to keep an active line of communication. Lucy you need to pay more attention or your going to get hurt. Maurice you should try to stay in the air and not come down, you'll be a lot more useful that way. Tony you do have the ability to talk you should use it. But all in all it was a good first try." She walks back to her ruined frame "Wow you guy did a good deal of damage on that." She walks back over. "Go take a break you earned it. Tony can we talk?"

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

After she stands up she says "Oh it's nothing well talk about that later, for now you all did very good. Seth if you are going to be team leader you need to keep an active line of communication. Lucy you need to pay more attention or your going to get hurt. Maurice you should try to stay in the air and not come down, you'll be a lot more useful that way. Tony you do have the ability to talk you should use it. But all in all it was a good first try." She walks back to her ruined frame "Wow you guy did a good deal of damage on that." She walks back over. "Go take a break you earned it. Tony can we talk?"

Tony nods as the others disconnect.

"Did. I. Do. Something. Wrong?" He asks. 

Ares is lost in thought, examining the Despair.

Edited by Rakawan

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Adjuticant raises his hand and arm. A thick layer of ice coats you and the bag, freezing both solid. 

"Control send additional personal and containment unit to my coordinates." He says, as ice covers our vision and muffles sound. "And a prison orb. We may have a possible sentient fragment in Tenno captivity."

The ice layers over the bag as well, sealing it shut and locking in whatever is inside.

The Chroma ceases the struggle as the ice creeps up it's leg. 

"Whit! Het et not m. . ."

Within seconds, the ice encapsulates the rest of it's body.

The silver-grey mass's efforts to buck free slow considerably as the ice sets in, although, even now, the new ice sculpture tilts back and forth slightly, the sound of bells and squabbling vultures heard as if remote.

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Fluffles struts into the shop, pushing Baast aside, or trying to, with a paw to the face. 

He jumps onto the counter and mewls pitifully.

"I suppose." Alan says. "Prepare for more ley warping."

He begins to draw a circle of light.

Baast started to yowl. Not because there was the ill-tempered jerk around but because the number of teleportations was way damn high for her standards. Despite vocal protests, she was picked again and carried to the glowing circle.

Edited by Teloch