The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

One of the Adjuticants looks at you.

"Do you need assistance?" He asks.

The Operator startles a bit and nearly toppled before righting itself.

"Who, me? No noth. . ."

A look of revelation crosses the Operator's scarred face.

"Actually, yes, there is something. Do you happen to know an individual by the name of Felicity?"

The Operators look of worried sincerity is only interrupted by a moment where the Operator's legs threaten to give out.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

The Operator startles a bit and nearly toppled before righting itself.

"Who, me? No noth. . ."

A look of revelation crosses the Operator's scarred face.

"Actually, yes, there is something. Do you happen to know an individual by the name of Felicity?"

The Operators look of worried sincerity is only interrupted by a moment where the Operator's legs threaten to give out.

"Ahh yes." He says. "The Arbiter's fiance. She was on Lua last I heard. Are you a friend of hers?"

28 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Ahh yes." He says. "The Arbiter's fiance. She was on Lua last I heard. Are you a friend of hers?"

"I. . . I would assume so, it has been. . . an unholy amount of time since I last saw her and her associates."

The weight of a series of sudden revelations seems to batter the Operator. 

"Where do I even begin?. . ."

1 hour ago, Unus said:

"I. . . I would assume so, it has been. . . an unholy amount of time since I last saw her and her associates."

The weight of a series of sudden revelations seems to batter the Operator. 

"Where do I even begin?. . ."

He sends a message.

A moment later Felicity pops up on your HUD.

"Hund?" She asks. "You survived?"

She sounds overjoyed.

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He sends a message.

A moment later Felicity pops up on your HUD.

"Hund?" She asks. "You survived?"

She sounds overjoyed.

" Uh, yeah, somehow. It was pure luck that we landed on an Oort asteroid and not out in dark space."

The Operator fiddles with the resolution of one of the eye pieces, gently prodding a few of the wires beneath the lid to dislodge some dust.

"It's a crazy world out on the Sol border, let me tell you. So, uh, have I missed anything important lately?"

One of the Operator's trembling legs finally gives out, forceing the Operator into one of the old meditative poses.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

" Uh, yeah, somehow. It was pure luck that we landed on an Oort asteroid and not out in dark space."

The Operator fiddles with the resolution of one of the eye pieces, gently prodding a few of the wires beneath the lid to dislodge some dust.

"It's a crazy world out on the Sol border, let me tell you. So, uh, have I missed anything important lately?"

One of the Operator's trembling legs finally gives out, forceing the Operator into one of the old meditative poses.

((While I do not allow time travel, relative time shenanigans can happen.))

"Lately?" She asks. "You've only been gone two days."

She sounds surprised.

On 1/9/2017 at 0:48 AM, Denny2669 said:

"More like right now. Does he still have a cult or whatever?"

"He's probably still got Acolytes around somewhere.  If they're still on the planet, they aren't doing anything.  Why do you ask?"

((Sorry for the delay.  I'm back at school now.))

On 1/12/2017 at 9:47 PM, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

A short while back, Max would've responded with cold, heartless anger.  Of course, since he was missing that spectrum of emotion, he simply stood there, displaying only his usual annoyance.  He brought his attention back to the rainfall, trying to remember how to be angry.

Something rustles in the leaves, but does not approach. After a moment it shuffles away.

44 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((While I do not allow time travel, relative time shenanigans can happen.))

"Lately?" She asks. "You've only been gone two days."

She sounds surprised.

(Phew, thank god you caught what I was going on about, in a land without a sun, what man has need of time?)

"Really? Only two?"

The relief is palpable in the Operator's voice.

"Hard to tell when the sun is the size of pebble in the sky"

The Operator braces against the wall, renforceing it's buckling leg. Nearby, the exit door swings open to reveal the unladen Chroma who bows gracefully.

"Et ur savice mastah "endepandant tanno.""

It mockingly announces to no one in particular.

"Yeah, yeah."

The Operator acknowledges the Chroma

" Anyway, just thankful you didn't get sucked in with us. If you need us for anything in particular, I'm up for anything at this point." 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

(Phew, thank god you caught what I was going on about, in a land without a sun, what man has need of time?)

"Really? Only two?"

The relief is palpable in the Operator's voice.

"Hard to tell when the sun is the size of pebble in the sky"

The Operator braces against the wall, renforceing it's buckling leg. Nearby, the exit door swings open to reveal the unladen Chroma who bows gracefully.

"Et ur savice mastah "endepandant tanno.""

It mockingly announces to no one in particular.

"Yeah, yeah."

The Operator acknowledges the Chroma

" Anyway, just thankful you didn't get sucked in with us. If you need us for anything in particular, I'm up for anything at this point." 

"You know your proposal to the council?'" She says. "Ryoko found something he thinks may be related."

She sends you an image of a multi-faceted orb on top of elongated pyramid.

"We have a facility on Lua." She says. "The Adjuticants will lead you there."

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You know your proposal to the council?'" She says. "Ryoko found something he thinks may be related."

She sends you an image of a multi-faceted orb on top of elongated pyramid.

"We have a facility on Lua." She says. "The Adjuticants will lead you there."

"Right there, right on Lua?!"

The excitement of the Operator sends it tumbling onto the floor chest first.

" I must have gone through that place several dozen times. Pre-Orokin rovers, shoeprints in the dust. . . Oof!"

The Operator is interrupted by the Chroma picking it up in a firemen's carry.

"Deed to av a noice wak mastah "endapeendant teeno?""

The snark is as obvious as the ebony sheen of it's hide. The Operator makes no acknowledgement of the remark, giving a quick salute to the adjudicatent before focusing back onscreen.

"How did you stumble across this?."

1 hour ago, Unus said:

"Right there, right on Lua?!"

The excitement of the Operator sends it tumbling onto the floor chest first.

" I must have gone through that place several dozen times. Pre-Orokin rovers, shoeprints in the dust. . . Oof!"

The Operator is interrupted by the Chroma picking it up in a firemen's carry.

"Deed to av a noice wak mastah "endapeendant teeno?""

The snark is as obvious as the ebony sheen of it's hide. The Operator makes no acknowledgement of the remark, giving a quick salute to the adjudicatent before focusing back onscreen.

"How did you stumble across this?."  

The Adjuticant leads you to another room with a teleporter.

"It was in a quarantine room." Felicity says. "With several warning signs."

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Adjuticant leads you to another room with a teleporter.

"It was in a quarantine room." Felicity says. "With several warning signs."

" Well. . . great."

The Einstein-Rosen bridge begins to accrete on the pad and the Chroma gives a bow to the adjuticant.

" Any infestation signs? No mass anywhere around the door?"

The Operator has begun stroking it's chin as though a long beard was there in place of the framework of scars.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

" Well. . . great."

The Einstein-Rosen bridge begins to accrete on the pad and the Chroma gives a bow to the adjuticant.

" Any infestation signs? No mass anywhere around the door?"

The Operator has begun stroking it's chin as though a long beard was there in place of the framework of scars.

"Nothing." She says. "The room was pristine. Even the air was filtered."

The pad leads to a room where a bored looking woman sits behind a desk situated before a large void portal.

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Nothing." She says. "The room was pristine. Even the air was filtered."

The pad leads to a room where a bored looking woman sits behind a desk situated before a large void portal.

"Even better, could be one of any number of Orokoid pet projects, unpredictable as the Void itself."

The Chroma waves to the desked woman and asks 

"'Tis weigh tow Loowa?"

1 hour ago, Unus said:

"Even better, could be one of any number of Orokoid pet projects, unpredictable as the Void itself."

The Chroma waves to the desked woman and asks 

"'Tis weigh tow Loowa?"

The portal opens and Felicity steps through.

"You're Hund?" The woman behind the desk asks. "You don't look like much."

"Rachel please take your charge and report to HR." Felicity says. "You are fired. We have decided to replace you with someone with a bit more respect for the task and personnel."

The woman shrugs and unplugs a cord.

"Fine." She says and steps out the door.  "Good luck finding...."

"There is a fifty percent chance that ends badly." A voice says. A man in a labcoat with a calculator stands at the door.

"Mathias please refrain from calculating morbitity rates when on the job." Felicity says. "Hund, with me. Matthias key the portal to the Reliquary."

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The portal opens and Felicity steps through.

"You're Hund?" The woman behind the desk asks. "You don't look like much."

"Rachel please take your charge and report to HR." Felicity says. "You are fired. We have decided to replace you with someone with a bit more respect for the task and personnel."

The woman shrugs and unplugs a cord.

"Fine." She says and steps out the door.  "Good luck finding...."

"There is a fifty percent chance that ends badly." A voice says. A man in a labcoat with a calculator stands at the door.

"Mathias please refrain from calculating morbitity rates when on the job." Felicity says. "Hund, with me. Matthias key the portal to the Reliquary."

"Yeah, I wasn't much starting out mam. . ."

As the Operator speaks, the next few words are spoken in turn as though several people are walking through a booth and passing by. The Operator's eye's flicker through a blistering array of colors and expressions with every syllable.

"BUT. THEN. he. met.US."

"Und me!"

The Chroma finishes the sentence with a thump to it's chest. The Operator, nose slightly bleeding, turns to Felicity.

" Worth it."

The Chroma slides the Operator carefully into the harness and and adjusts the battered looking redeemer in it's side slot.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

"Yeah, I wasn't much starting out mam. . ."

As the Operator speaks, the next few words are spoken in turn as though several people are walking through a booth and passing by. The Operator's eye's flicker through a blistering array of colors and expressions with every syllable.

"BUT. THEN. he. met.US."

"Und me!"

The Chroma finishes the sentence with a thump to it's chest. The Operator, nose slightly bleeding, turns to Felicity.

" Worth it."

The Chroma slides the Operator carefully into the harness and and adjusts the battered looking redeemer in it's side slot.

Felicity wipes the bloody nose with a tissue and discards it into an incinerator. As she does you notice a platinum ring on her finger.

"Portal ready." Matthias says. "Upper level, restricted access."

"Thank you." Felicity says. "Ready?"

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

"He's probably still got Acolytes around somewhere.  If they're still on the planet, they aren't doing anything.  Why do you ask?"

"Because they just kidnapped someone." Alice replied straightforward.

((NP, I'm going to school tomorrow >~>))

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

"Because they just kidnapped someone." Alice replied straightforward.

((NP, I'm going to school tomorrow >~>))

3 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"He didn't say anything after he took her." Rip says. 

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Felicity wipes the bloody nose with a tissue and discards it into an incinerator. As she does you notice a platinum ring on her finger.

"Portal ready." Matthias says. "Upper level, restricted access."

"Thank you." Felicity says. "Ready?"

" Aw, shucks mam, you didn't have to go and d. . . " 

The Operators eyes properly alight on the ring. It's face strains for a moment before resumeing it's normal appearence.

". . . wow, I just felt 15 souls swoon and flop over from that little beauty, hard to resist that. Looks like Mr, R's pocketbook rubs shoulders with the economy of small nations."

The Chroma taps the Operator on the shoulder rapidly and points ahead. 

"What? OH, yeah, ready to deploy." 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

" Aw, shucks mam, you didn't have to go and d. . . " 

The Operators eyes properly alight on the ring. It's face strains for a moment before resumeing it's normal appearence.

". . . wow, I just felt 15 souls swoon and flop over from that little beauty, hard to resist that. Looks like Mr, R's pocketbook rubs shoulders with the economy of small nations."

The Chroma taps the Operator on the shoulder rapidly and points ahead. 

"What? OH, yeah, ready to deploy." 

She smiles.

Stepping through the portal deposits you into a orokin style room. Two Harka Frost warframes step forward, only to return to their posts by the door once they notice Felicity,

"Welcome the the Reliqaury." She says. 

The room is as untouched as if the collapse had happened only seconds ago. Ayatans decorate the walls and plants wave gently in the circulated air.

15 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

She smiles.

Stepping through the portal deposits you into a orokin style room. Two Harka Frost warframes step forward, only to return to their posts by the door once they notice Felicity,

"Welcome the the Reliqaury." She says. 

The room is as untouched as if the collapse had happened only seconds ago. Ayatans decorate the walls and plants wave gently in the circulated air.

"Homee."

The Chroma seems hypnotized by the movement of the ayatans. Meanwhile, the Operator is sneaking glances at some of the plants as they move.

"Some of these breeds are raw, nature-carved species. Rare finds for sure."

1 hour ago, Unus said:

"Homee."

The Chroma seems hypnotized by the movement of the ayatans. Meanwhile, the Operator is sneaking glances at some of the plants as they move.

"Some of these breeds are raw, nature-carved species. Rare finds for sure."

Felicity opens the door.

The room beyond is a barely occupied concourse. A few people in ornate robes discuss scrolls or examine sculptures.

Guards in golden robes with ornate polearms stand at the doors. Rifles are slung on their backs.

"Ryoko found this tower and began directing resources to its reclamation shortly after the Grineer attack." She says. "With my help he has been able to make great strides in restoring what was broken."

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Felicity opens the door.

The room beyond is a barely occupied concourse. A few people in ornate robes discuss scrolls or examine sculptures.

Guards in golden robes with ornate polearms stand at the doors. Rifles are slung on their backs.

"Ryoko found this tower and began directing resources to its reclamation shortly after the Grineer attack." She says. "With my help he has been able to make great strides in restoring what was broken."

"Another example of Mr. R's bountiful pockets, you picked the golden apple straight from it's bow madam. Only know 9 souls with that kinda luck, and only two were stabbed to death by jealous concubines."

The Operator's eyes take on a steel grey for a moment

"And one good for nothing sister who wanted me as her groom! Me! Pol. . ."

The voice goes silent quite rapidly silent.

"Let's just ignore that last one."

The Operator begins taking pictures as they pass by the scroll-backed individuals. One finger on it's eyebrow and the other to the side of the eye, "clicking"away.

Edited by Unus